Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum/Wiki entries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Forum/Wiki entries Empty
PostSubject: Forum/Wiki entries   Forum/Wiki entries Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:23 pm

I keep seeing ideas submitted on the forum being canonized, and then going to their section on the wiki only to find an entry that is completely blank.

Were the ideas not canonized because they are good enough to be so? What's the point of canonizing something and not adding in the entry? If an idea on the forum is going to become canon, then just use the entry provided on the forum.

"Under Construction" can still be added in above the entry, but having a completely blank entry there is a waste of space.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little negatively, but it's kind of nerve-wrecking to put so much effort into help writing entries for the wiki, and then having multitudes more of ideas made canon only to have blank entries. scratch
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Forum/Wiki entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum/Wiki entries   Forum/Wiki entries Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I keep seeing ideas submitted on the forum being canonized, and then going to their section on the wiki only to find an entry that is completely blank.

Were the ideas not canonized because they are good enough to be so? What's the point of canonizing something and not adding in the entry? If an idea on the forum is going to become canon, then just use the entry provided on the forum.

"Under Construction" can still be added in above the entry, but having a completely blank entry there is a waste of space.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little negatively, but it's kind of nerve-wrecking to put so much effort into help writing entries for the wiki, and then having multitudes more of ideas made canon only to have blank entries. scratch

Karbo has done that to new ideas for a while. He'll add in the idea's name and a bit about it as a placeholder until he has time to put in the real entry. random ideas/lore and such go in a lot quicker because the idea is mostly done and would only need minimal tweaking to fit into a wiki format. You see this a lot more with characters and locations, than anything. Sometimes it can take a while. Karbo is the only person who can really add entirely new ideas to the wiki (the others with wiki access really just edit and tweak entries for spelling, grammar and the like), so its really based on his own schedule. Editing and maintaining a wiki is a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Forum/Wiki entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum/Wiki entries   Forum/Wiki entries Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:52 pm

I still don't get it, what's so different? Why can't you just copy the text from the forum and put it onto the wiki?

Also, it's not just characters and locations, but rather a lot of entries, such as Alguanes.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

Forum/Wiki entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum/Wiki entries   Forum/Wiki entries Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 pm

i have no clue why.maybe time. maybe adjustments who knows? only Overlord karbo knows. But i bet my Vodka it has to do with the amount of work he does Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum/Wiki entries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum/Wiki entries   Forum/Wiki entries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum/Wiki entries
Page 1 of 1