Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Idea For Coming Together

Go down 
+2
Anime-Junkie
ZionAtriedes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

An Idea For Coming Together Empty
PostSubject: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:02 pm

A'ight, what with all this fuss over coming together and helping to fix the divisions in this community, I was thinkin' about the various causes and symptoms of the problems that concern us while I was at work all night. One is that some people feel ignored or that their ideas aren't getting any attention. The various artists and writers of this community need to come together and support the ideas and creations of others. After all, before we can expect someone to help us, should we not be willing to do the same for them? So, here is what I propose:

People will post on this thread, and include a link to one of their creations in the Ideas Forum. Another artist or writer will agree to get together with them, and they will discuss how they will use each other's ideas in a story or art. It would be ideal if one artist and one writer helped one another, but it can be done with two artists/writers, since I know the numbers aren't matched. Then, they will both create a picture/story featuring (or at least including) an idea from the other. This will take collaboration and communication, which makes it a perfect method to take on our concerns.

Alternatively, the two (or more) could collaborate on a single piece of work, utilizing ideas from either one or the other. For instance, a writer creates a short story and an artist makes a cover for it. These are all just ideas I'm tossing around.

Now, people will need to understand that not everyone works at the same pace, and some people have less free time; this requires not only communication, but patience and understanding, too. I don't really advise going with this unless you're sure you can work with someone else.

Okay, so maybe I should explain in better detail how to begin this. Someone who feels ignored should post here, maybe state why they feel a little overlooked, with a link to an idea they'd like looked at. And I encourage others to look through this, and if you see something that you feel you can work with, post here and contact the creator. Then you discuss how you'd like to use it, get their opinion, and it should roll from there. If any problems arise, feel free to contact Anime-Junkie, or me either here or via MSN or Yahoo (zack_the_lamb@yahoo.com), and I'll do my best to smooth things out. (Anyone else who'd like to volunteer for "counselor duty", feel free to post that here too.)

I have no problem if groups of more than two want to work together on something. The main point is that I see too many solo acts, and we're all agreed that we need more cooperation here. Well, here's my attempt at promoting some.

Last edited by ZionAtriedes on Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Gah, I just realized that I posted this the same night a Felarya group contest was announced. Well, feel free to wait a little while...
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 am

Quote :
I have no problem if groups of more than two want to work together on something. The main point is that I see too many solo acts, and we're all agreed that we need more cooperation here. Well, here's my attempt at promoting some.
Good. This may work.
Quote :
(Anyone else who'd like to volunteer for "counselor duty", feel free to post that here too.)
It's be almost hypocritical of me not to volunteer for this, especially since I'm already doing it a way on MSN.

What I would very much like to see is people from the different sub-communities getting together and making a story that involves aspects from both their views. I believe that, if successful, it would result would be great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 am

Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:16 am

Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:28 am

Well, it's a good start. Also, since my ideas thread didn't have that much of following...

So here it is for you guys to check and ask. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
JonathanS223
Helpless prey
JonathanS223

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 am

Well,

I've been trying to go through and rate people and comment on their work, leave critiques, and even working with some of the new guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://jonathans223.deviantart.com/gallery/27645345
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Well, I'm currently working on my Felarya Group contest entry, but I figure once that's done we can manage something.

Also, any artists would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:10 am

Seems to me this shouldn't be a "Hey guys here are my ideas, use them" thread. It's about two people getting together and working closely with each other to the mutual benefit of both. You should post exactly what you want used, how you'd like to use them, what kind of thing you'd like to be doing. For example, collaborative story, writing about an artist's characters while the artist draws the events of the story or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:25 am

Err... no.

I'm leaving my ideas here so if someone wants to help me to flesh them out, they just look at them and tell me what could be improved or even if they think if they could use them in a story in order to get them better known or developed.

That's all. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 am

Feadraug wrote:
Err... no.

I'm leaving my ideas here so if someone wants to help me to flesh them out, they just look at them and tell me what could be improved or even if they think if they could use them in a story in order to get them better known or developed.

That's all. Razz
That works, too. It promotes cooperation and the sharing of talent, and thus fits the bill of what we need done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea For Coming Together   An Idea For Coming Together Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Idea For Coming Together
Page 1 of 1