Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)

Go down 
+21
vore4life99
Stabs
M.Bison.
Jætte_Troll
Archmage_Bael
Solomon
PrinnyDood
TheLightLost
Grave
buddha66667
Black Aquila
Krisexy26
Axel Hunter
ZionAtriedes
CauldronBorn24
itsmeyouidiot
Slimetoad
rcs619
Pendragon
Shady Knight
Anime-Junkie
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:48 pm

rcs619 wrote:
I dont know. I tend to consider the vore effect kind of just a leftover from old-Felarya, back when it was very much a vore world. I think the animal-like, predatory instincts of the various human hybrids would be a much more powerful force than any ambient effect.
Eh, I still consider Felarya a Vore World, if a well developed one.
Mostly because it helps explain Anna's occational human scarfing.

rcs619 wrote:
I don't know. It seems like that kind of thing needs to be extremely rare. It can be really interesting if its done right though.
Well the idea in this instance is that she isn't the main character, her daugther is.
She mostly serves as a means to explain this Nagas strange dietary habits, and to serve as a glimps of what Anna herself could be like in a couple of decades.

As for the daughter, she's suppose to be attached to a group of this new race I made up, tentatively called the Psyren, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to writing anything...

Then their is my Slug Girl character who is also a Human turn Predator but, again, don't know if I'll ever actually get around to writing anything...

rcs619 wrote:
Okay, that's kind of a cute idea.
Yeah, especially how she clings so dearly to it.
Still, it does include what her mother understood about basic nutrition when she was a human, so it's not entirely unuseful.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 am

rcs619 wrote:
Quote :
Still, I'm of the position that there's something about Felarya that coaxes things towards vore, even if not everyone acts on it.

I dont know. I tend to consider the vore effect kind of just a leftover from old-Felarya, back when it was very much a vore world. I think the animal-like, predatory instincts of the various human hybrids would be a much more powerful force than any ambient effect.

Mhh actually, the vore effect is very much here and it will probably play a part in the general plot
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:25 am

Yeah, at heart Felarya is still a vore world, so trying to "get rid of" that aspect is just as undermining as you would think it is.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:16 am

No one is trying to get rid of the vore, we are just dabating where predators lie on the moral spectrum.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:21 pm

You know what would be interesting, hypothetically speaking?

If predators *didn't* view themselves as different from their prey. If they ate humans, but also would jump on the chance to eat their own kind if it was convenient. They would make exceptions for friends, just like they do for human friends.

It'd be strange, but that little bit of extra chaos would be all the more interesting, IMO. I think the chalaenas actually use that.
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

If predators *didn't* view themselves as different from their prey. If they ate humans, but also would jump on the chance to eat their own kind if it was convenient. They would make exceptions for friends, just like they do for human friends.

It'd be strange, but that little bit of extra chaos would be all the more interesting, IMO. I think the chalaenas actually use that.
I think there are a few characters that do that...
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:44 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

That's pretty much Reya to a T.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:05 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

Well, the only thing stopping many predators is they have their liking for food that doesn't require chewing...

But certain predators of certain species do it anyways.

Crisis would probably be going around gobbling up other nagas and giant predators if she had not been raised by fairies.

And on top of all this is the complicating vore effect...
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)   I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think therefore I am! (Predator Self-Awareness and More)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4