Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreams of the Sunken Moon

Go down 
+10
space_samurai
The Ultimate
Grave
sparkythechu
Sanion
walkingbyself
Danjano5
FalconJudge
Amaroq
Nyaha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:01 pm

(Ultimate, you reply a little too frequently. Please try to slow down and let others have a chance, too. Smile

Also, with 8 player characters, I'm stopping the addition of more player characters. However, I may allow people to play NPCs temporarily in the RP.)
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:38 pm

OOC: Nyaha perhaps it would be a good idea to set up a post order so that if someone can’t get on for a day or two they don’t get bogged down responding to 2 pages of posts.

In Character:
Dorri smiled and took her seat. Hearing the small voice of the neera she looked down to him. As she prepared to answer she saw the nekko bump into Reg. After allowing the situation to straighten itself out and for Reg to invite her to introduce herself she proceeded to do so.

“My name is Dorri,” looking back down to the neera she added on, “is there any reason you are glaring at me?”

Dorri turned to look at the new comer as he proceeded to casually invite himself into the group.

“It’s common courtesy to ask before you join in,” she said in a slightly scolding tone.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:07 pm

(Perhaps, Buddha. Although, that means that in the meantime nobody else can post, and I'd like to avoid situations where it can't move along. Let's put it to a vote, all in favour of a post order, say yea, all opposed say nay.)
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Nihlus watched as the two newcomers came to the table and introduced themselves the woman seemed to distort the magic around her so she was obviously very powerful magicaly. Yet he couldnt get rid of the feeling she might be more then she looked. 'Bah probably just the damn sense's going with age' Nihlus tought dismissing his worry.

"A ship left on its own fully armed and ready to go? sound like a typical trap from a mermaid or raiders... Not to mention it would take more then just us to get a ship moving depending on its size." Nihlus agreed wit Reg

"Well if this is it then shall we proceed to find a ship and captain to get us threw the river?" Nihlus suggested sitting in his chair "There are probably a few here on the docks capable of getting us threw the river and to our destination."
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:31 pm

(Nyaha thinks the boat captain should be an NPC controlled by me, so I can get into the RP, too. Nobody minds, yes? ^.^)
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Raimi took a drink. If he had ever cared about being scolded, those times were long gone. He sighed before speaking. "Well, I would venture to guess that the best place to find a boat is a town by a river. I picked up a map a while back. My guess would be this place called the Motamo Docks. Water travel was never a favorite of mine, though, so I can't help you much with this. I tend to travel by land. Most raid-able places are there." He finished off his drink and sighed again."If you want to talk to me by name, just call me Spark, after an old nickname."
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Tisem had swiftly jumped into Reg's hair as soon as the neko had bumped into him. He poked his head out carefully, looking around with a look of dread on his face.

"Are.......are they gone?!?!"
Back to top Go down
Sanion
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sanion

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:56 am

Cazut held out a hand just within Tisem's jumping reach. He smiled a small bit, "They're gone...Tisem...if you want to come out. I know you don't know me well, but I won't do anything. I swear on that!" He gave a small smile for a moment before lowering his hand to his side.

Cazut looked at everyone, slowly thinking to himself. He could tell everyone was very much ready to go. Eager anyways. He closes his eyes for a moment, seeming as if he was about to start humming, but opens them after a bit. He sighs before speaking, "I hope no one minds me going over everything. From what I see, we have plans. I'm not sure exactly if we need supplies, but my treat on food and drinks, not alcohol please, if we need them. Anyways, once we find a boat and everyone is ready. I'm not sure if it's possible to go through the marshes or not, but if so we can take the river down to where Taka had stated. I've only been here for about a week, so I'm ready for any route we may take. Is that summed up well enough?" He looked around a small bit, a slight blush appearing then disappearing on his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/3smVmIWJwV
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:36 am

(Sorry I will cut my posts down.)
Back to top Go down
http://xxtheultimate39.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:10 am

Reg put a comforting hand to the small man riding on his head. Timid, as he always was. He leaned back in his chair, and a wispy smile appeared on his face. The cockfight was dying down now, as was one of its players, and it seemed a good time to talk business. This was the meat of things.

"Cazut, have you any workable money, having been here a week? I don't believe you will care for the exchange rates here, unless you have it all in Gol." He leaned forward again, and breathed in. "Either way, I wouldn't dream of it. Letting a party of which I am now a part spend their own pocket money? My good sirs, I have paid complete strangers funds for expeditions in the past. To refuse to do so while I have a stake in the whole business! Quite frankly, I'm hurt."

He adopted a more serious tone. "A venture like this does indeed require preparation. Now, if you are all willing, I will pay for your equipment and food. I'll put up the pay for the boat, too," at this, he looked squarely at Nihlus, "if our resident seaman will advise on specifications. This is a real trip, we're attempting. If anyone, and I do mean anyone, has any objections or concerns, I suggest he speak up before we depart Negav. Any objections with these arrangements?"
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 am

(Sorry to double post, but I thought this should be separate. I've been neglecting this:

Achievement Unlocked: Sanion!

[Almost] Touched by an Angel

Good job, Cazut. We know you're trying.

Achievement Unlocked: Buddha!

Smurfett

Sleep with one eye open or an anti-molestation spell. I don't trust that Raimi guy.)
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 am

"I have no issue with current plans but I would seriously advise that you expect to pay a rather large sum as a good boat and captain able to get us to and back from where we are going can and will run fairly high price..." Nihlus warned Reg

"But seeing as how your intent on paying for everything else... there are but a few choices of ships that we can choose from depending on many differing factors. For example if we go by sail using sails imbued with wind magic so as to catch a simple gust of wind and move a ship as if it were a gust of wind from a storm. Or we can use engines and technology to make us go forward at a decent enough speed to keep us going at rate that we would not have to worry about any loss of wind." Nihlus explained going over the two more common methods of travel

"However as I am sure we are all aware in some regard everything comes with a draw back. Our sails imbued with wind magic can be quite susceptible to tearing and if badly damaged enough leave us high and dry while every predator around us takes its time to enjoy our little floating snack." Nihlus said with fatalistic humor and a hollow laugh

"And the whilst the engine propelled ship is moving it will make a racket so loud it would wake even the deepest of sleeping creature awakening things far worse then mermaids and chaleanas making us to be beacon to all with in range. And trust me underwater every sound can be carried for miles in any direction." Nihlus warned seriously

"And I would go on and on about the many other details of different ships however if I did we would still be here until the next cycle and only barely have scratched the surface of types of ships available. I only named those two method's of propulsion namely because. Normally deciding on a method of propulsion will solve most of the problem in choices of ship." Nihlus finished leaning forward placing both hands on the table together looking each person in the eye evenly
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:54 pm

Raimi looked over to Reg. "Allow me to chip in, if you would. Being an explorer of dungeons, temples, and the like, I gather quite a bit of money, and it's a matter of principle to me. I would feel like a free loader if I had you pay for everything, so please allow me to help, even if it isn't much. As far as equipment goes," he said, reaching ito his pocket and taking out a 1" by .5" by .5" yellow block with a capsule design, "this is all I need. There's much more to this than meets the eye," he said with a sigh, as if remembering less than fond memories.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm

"Well as for what type of ship, you seem to know well of what you speak. So how often do these wind imbued sails tear," Dorri stopped, unable to a name to the man she added on, "I'm sorry I have yet to hear your name."

Looking over to the block that Raimi had pulled from his pocket Dorri decided to continue prodding him, "Oh and Spark, do you plan on telling us what that little thing does, or do you simply plan on holding it like an idiot?"
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Raimi smiled. "This thing is an old sentient dungeon trap. The thing named itself Katchi, don't ask. I tend to use it as a weapon," he said, tossing it to the ground. "Hey, Katchi, show yourself, and we ARE in public," he said to it. After a second of rolling, it began to grow noticeably, gradually taking a humanoid form as it grew. Once it reached the full size of a human, is shifted slightly and took on the form of a female human, before its composition seemed to change to that of a human, color and all, wearing a casual outfit. "Hi, my name's Katchi," she said in a happy voice. Raimi sighed. "As strange as this must seem, trust me when I say that as long as I'm around, she's perfectly safe to be around. And hey, you asked," he said, sighing again as he finished. "Katchi, back." She quickly shrunk back down her initial size and shape before he picked up the block and put it back in his pocket. "I've got my share of secrets, as I'm sure you all do, but trust that I have the sense to tell you about the important ones as they become relevant. Withholding vital information never turns out good."
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:15 am

"Well, we all do have secrets." Shadow added. "I have no vital secrets for our quest but if any do actually become vital then I guess I could share." Shadow looking at Raimi smirking at his last sentance for a few seconds before looking serious again.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:14 am

(I suppose you guys don't want me jumping in. I suppose that's fair, but it just means I'll have to go harde r on you in the future. >; ] )
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:59 am

OC: Nyaha I dont mind you taking the place as the NPC captain but I would still expect you to go hard on us anyways so do your worst Evil laugh

"My name miss is Nihlus a kitsuine and despite how much I may look like a neko I am not." Nihlus said glared at Tisem to remind him again he was not a neko "However, as for your question as to how often the sails tear. The sails rarely tear if treated properly or their materials are such that it would take a giant to tear them or in the case of magicians how powerful they are in casting wards and spells and what not to protect them from damage." Nihlus shared with Dorri while watching Raimi demonstrate exactly what his yellow trinket did

"Hm an interesting little device though I must say a bit unusual to see something like it." Nihlus said voicing his opinion watching the thing return to its previous shape

"And as for supplies I have my Froslite sword at the ready when needed. So I take it everyone is ready unless they have anything else to share or add to the table so to speak?" Nihlus finished sitting back in his chair
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:30 pm

(Hm....I think I'll give Caldswell a purpose after all...)
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:59 pm

OOC: Nyaha, if it were easy what fun would that be? I believe my message to you bumped the difficulty level up a little for everyone Razz

In character:
“Well Nihlus it's a pleasure to meet you,” Dorri said, “if it's rare for the sails to tear then I believe that they would make a superior choice. There is no need in attracting more danger then necessary.”

Dorri turned her attention back to Raimi and the device, “Spark, you said that thing was a dungeon trap, but the fact that you're still alive tells me that it's either defective, or simply too weak to be useful.”

Taking a much less aggressive to tone Dorri addressed the group, “I believe that we need to discuss what supplies we need procured before we leave. Food and fresh water are a must, but what other supplies should we attain? We will most definitely need some way to fend off the larger predators. Traveling by water may eliminate the threat of land dwelling predators, but it leaves us open to the water dwellers, and harpies will still persist to be a problem.”
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Raimi laughed a bit at Dorri's thoughts about Katchi. "Well, I wish either was the case. The reason I'm still here is that she took to me and wasn't hungry when I came through. I was shadowing another group, in order to learn of traps, and minimize my own work, as is common among us dungeon explorers. They got...well, you can guess, and she took a liking to me. I was able to talk my way out of being killed, and she decided to leave with me. She's quite capable as a weapon and a fighter, just not the most stable." He ordered another drink before continuing. "Aquatic predators are outside of my range of skills, but I have lived through a few harpies, so I should be able to help there. If there's one thing I've dealt with, it's attacks from above. I should be able to send Katchi for food, so she should be able to hunt for her own, in addition to my supply I take with me. I shouldn't need too much in the way of food from you all, so I can reduce my costs," he said in a somewhat business-like tone.
Back to top Go down
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Shadow closes his eyes.

"This is actually getting quite serious now. I have my supplies but no weoponry of any kind to fight off predators, I will be useless." Shadow thought to himself.
"I don't think I have a role in this even though I am sure everyone has one, but me... I have still got to act like I am ready, but can I really do this? " Shadow still in thought. "Whatever happens... happens."

"Ah, people I am just gonna stand outside for a bit." Without telling a reason Shadow walks out and stands outside the tavern, with a seemingly depressed expression with his eyes still closed.

"What am I gonna do--- talking to myself outside when I should be in discussion with them... before I was all chatty, I don't even remember the last time I spoke so much like that. Was it overconfidence or was it me pretending that I am a pretty talkative person I once was. I feel stupid right about now." Shadow talking to himself getting lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
buddha66667
Great warrior
Great warrior
buddha66667

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

“So it's defective then,” Dorri pointed out, “what use is a trap that can't even perform its function? Clearly there is a problem with it if it can simply be swayed from performing its function by simply speaking with it, and the fact that it left its designated place only supports the fact that it's not proporly functioning.”

Taking on a more matter of fact tone Dorri continued, “You said that it isn't the most stable fighter, so I assume that you mean that it loses control when it fights. I'm going to tell you right now that if it so much as appears that it intends on striking me, you won't have to worry about dealing with it again, ever.”

“Hmmm,” Dorri looked over to Shadow as he stood up and walked off. After seeing him exit she addressed the group, "Do you think that he's alright?"
Back to top Go down
Sanion
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Sanion

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Cazut smiled slightly at Dorri, "Umm...miss? I know I can't do much right now, but I can take care of the harpies and water creatures. Predators have been around me all my life. Though, typically my size. So, if you're not too worried about it, during the day I can keep track of water and air creatures, but at night only the sky...so sonar maybe?"

Cazut sat up right after that, giving a minute for Dorri to respond before running slightly towards Shadow, "Shadow? I can hear you a bit. Do you need a weapon?" Cazut reached into his belt, pulling out a small cube that seemed useless, "This is something I've found awhile back. It takes shape of what best fits the user. Whether it be a .50 caliber machine gun that's carriable, or a sword that floats around the user's aura field. Basically, it'll give you the weapon that fits your body and comfortable stance."
Back to top Go down
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/3smVmIWJwV
The Ultimate
Great warrior
Great warrior
The Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 pm

"Hmmm..." Shadow looks behind him and sees Cazut with the cube before he turns back around closing his eyes again. "Well, you better get used to me acting like this, but its not just about a weapon... it is something that a I experienced on my world in the past. Before you could see me as a guy who loved to talk, but really this is the way I am. I do not want to talk about it." Shadow feeling enraged. "Whenever I remember my past I get like this. You could say my mood could change completely different from time to time." Shadow looks down. "I'll be right back in. Don't worry about me." Shadow saying almost clearly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams of the Sunken Moon   Dreams of the Sunken Moon - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams of the Sunken Moon
Page 4 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next