Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can angels and demons change size?

Go down 
+4
Shady Knight
Amaroq
rcs619
justpissoffalready
8 posters
AuthorMessage
justpissoffalready
Naga food

Can angels and demons change size? Empty
PostSubject: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 am

Can angels and demons change size? You know like from human sized to giant sized? I figure since they are supernatural they should but I just wanna be clear on it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 10:14 am

justpissoffalready wrote:
Can angels and demons change size? You know like from human sized to giant sized? I figure since they are supernatural they should but I just wanna be clear on it.

Im not quite sure on the canon answer to that. I know people, especially Zoekin, have shown them to be able to change sizes.

All we know about size-magic is that it is some form of dimensional magic, is very difficult to do, and requires a LOT of magic power to pull off. Angels and Demons can create dimensional portals (also a form of rare dimensional magic), and are very skilled magic-users thanks to their status as beings from higher planes of existance.

I could easily see an argument that they could. I just am not sure if an official answer has been given by Karbo yet.
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:20 am

the wiki states that some Angels have a weapon which is able to shrink an enemy after he's beaten. This means that angels somehow at least have access to size shifting magic. You COULD say an angel would be able to turn this effect on themselves by... well, hitting themselves with that sword, if you want it as close to the wiki as possible. How they are growing back to normal? With their defensive magic: just despelling the magic they put on themselves. This way they would be able to shrink themselves and grow to normal size again, but never grow beyond their original size.
However, this is a mere theory of mine. I think it's okay. ^^

As for demons: I can't say anything about them at this particulat topic.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:05 pm

I think that in a more practical manner, an angel and succubus could change their size like a fairy, though for the most part, it would be for how they want to appear to a mortal. For example, let's say that a Succubus is hunting for a prey (for the sake of this example, we're going to say that she feeds off of negative emotions, mostly lust). She would most likely appear small to be able to approach a human and lure him into a trap. Some demons probably prefer to appear gigantic for various reasons (Menyssan is probably lazy, and both Arale and Iridan probably want to appear more imposing).

Angels would probably be similar, but for more noble reasons like delivering a message or something like that. Sometimes. Probably the reason most appear giant in Felarya is to eat humans and such, both for Succubi and Angels.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Well I just asked that question directly to Karbo recently, and the anwer is yes, some of them can.
As supernatural beings, they have acces to practically every kind of magic, size shifting being one of them.
However, in what matter size shifting magic and shrinking magic, fairies will always be more powerful (as we must consider that it's their speciallity and that they don't even have the same weaknesses)
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Well personally, I don't really have my supernatural characters change someone else's size, but rather only their own.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 pm

Vaderaz wrote:
Well I just asked that question directly to Karbo recently, and the anwer is yes, some of them can.
As supernatural beings, they have acces to practically every kind of magic, size shifting being one of them.
However, in what matter size shifting magic and shrinking magic, fairies will always be more powerful (as we must consider that it's their speciallity and that they don't even have the same weaknesses)

*nodnod* That's about what I always thought. Its the answer that makes the most sense.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I think that in a more practical manner, an angel and succubus could change their size like a fairy, though for the most part, it would be for how they want to appear to a mortal. For example, let's say that a Succubus is hunting for a prey (for the sake of this example, we're going to say that she feeds off of negative emotions, mostly lust). She would most likely appear small to be able to approach a human and lure him into a trap. Some demons probably prefer to appear gigantic for various reasons (Menyssan is probably lazy, and both Arale and Iridan probably want to appear more imposing).

Angels would probably be similar, but for more noble reasons like delivering a message or something like that. Sometimes. Probably the reason most appear giant in Felarya is to eat humans and such, both for Succubi and Angels.

Wait, lust is a bad thing? It's a negative emotion?

... well crap, I'm screwed. I always thought it felt so... positive.

Anyways, angels I'm unsure of but succubi, in the wiki, are supposed to be all about 110 feet tall. It does say that they can use appear as human sized in dreams.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Chances are good that it's just old information and that it could use an updated revision, because I think Succubi can be fairly bland otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:34 pm

justpissoffalready wrote:

Well I don' t really want to make it a race trait, but it's clear some of them definitely can.
Angels and succubi are powerful creatures in general, moreover their native plane are governed by rules that are pretty hard to grasp for mortals ^^ so if there is creatures that would be prone to size-changing after fairies, that would be them.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Wait, lust is a bad thing? It's a negative emotion?

... well crap, I'm screwed. I always thought it felt so... positive.

Anyways, angels I'm unsure of but succubi, in the wiki, are supposed to be all about 110 feet tall. It does say that they can use appear as human sized in dreams.

That depends, do you find the other six to result in the same way? If so, I hear the four horsemen are looking for dedicated vassals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can angels and demons change size?   Can angels and demons change size? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can angels and demons change size?
Page 1 of 1