Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki corrections

Go down 
+46
DarkOne
Mr. I
Jacques_W
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Ilceren
McKindle
2Ron2R
EvilGenius
jedi-explorer
Solomon
walkingbyself
/Fish/
Amaroq
ZionAtriedes
kaitheguy1234
Black Aquila
buddha66667
PrinnyDood
Goldclaw
Pim18
Krisexy26
Asuroth
asaenvolk
rcs619
Jasconius
Jætte_Troll
MrNobody13
Moon eyes
ravaging vixen
CauldronBorn24
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
DaNoob13
aethernavale
Anime-Junkie
Nyaha
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
Stabs
Jew
French snack
ambrose-euanthe
Shady Knight
Karbo
Chris Nemo
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Chris Nemo
Helpless prey
Chris Nemo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 12:00 am

Because I have no life and am a fairly kickass editor, I figured I'd do one of the things I do best; point out things other people screwed up on. XD I'm pretty nitpicky, though, so please don't take this personally...

Suggested corrections will be underlined. Minor stuff that's not grammatically incorrect but could still use a redo will be italicized. In some cases it may be that the stuff was intentional and I just didn't get it, so feel free to use any or none of these. ^_^
---------------------------------------------------

Main Page

Visit the new Felarya forums ! : https://felarya.forumotion.com/index.htm If you wish to post ideas, make remarks and so on. ^_^

General Content: (<--no space between the word and colon needed)

Felaryan carnivorous plants

Category: Races

Category: Characters

Category: Locations
(^these three needed a space after the colon, jsyk...)

The World of Felarya

55% of Felarya is covered by jungle and forest, 40% by sea and 5% by other types of land.

It's a strange world, situated at a crossroad between dimensions, making it dimensionally unstable. (I reccomend you change one of the "dimensions" into an appropriate synonym, as it sounds somewhat unprofessional to use two in the same sentence.)

Lot of odd things happen there. For one, random worlds oftenconnect themselves to Felarya for no apparent reason.
For example, let's imagine you see a desert in the middle of the Felaryan jungle... (Since you used "for" twice in the above sentence, it again sounds unprofessional to beging this one with it. Also, "..."s are best used for dialogue or dramatic effect, but not in explanations such as this.)

You step on it, and as you do you change worlds without even noticing. If you step back, you are instantly returned to Felarya, making the change even more difficult to detect. However, when you come back one day later there is nothing left but jungle; the world has "disconnected" itself and returned to its previous state. Chances are high its inhabitants didn't even notice the process unless they saw the strange jungle that wasn't there yesterday.

The connection time is very random, but rarely exceeds a few hours. However, some places exist in Felarya that are originally not from the world; they have been "absorbed" during their connections and were never returned afterward. Still, these places can return to their original state at any moment, much like a volcano could awaken, and so vanish suddenly.

Felarya itself rarely fickle, though, and stays somewhat stable. There is the chance that an original part of Felarya might suddenly vanish to another world, but that's one in several billions.

Dimensional Portals

There is an entire class of spellcasters who specialize in dimensional magic. While it can be a hard and dangerous discipline, portal crafting is an easy task for them. Basically, a portal is like a double-way door from a place to another. However, the maker of the portal can place certain restrictions on it. For example, "If King Quetzoal III ever crosses this gate, send him to Hell, but send all others to their normal destination," is a viable command.

Moreover, if the portal maker were to die the portal would close, aside from a handful of cases where one was powerful enough to leave their portals open after death. One peculiarity among portals is the great dimensional gate near Ur-Sagol. This portal is so perfect that its creation is a true mystery. (<-- To me, "Great Dimensional Gate," sounds like it would be the proper title of something so prominent, though I'm not sure if that's what you had in mind...)

Felaryan Ground

I desperately need to sleep right now, and tomorrow's Easter so I may not be able to get computer access til the day after. But when I do come back I'lll finish up the main page and continue on to the fauna.

Since I was so tired when doing this, you might wanna have someone else look over it as well... Normally I'm a human Spellcheck, but my capacity for catching errors is down to about 38% of its normal capacity atm.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:18 am

Ohh thank you that will help me a lot ! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 5:40 am

Chris Nemo wrote:
Because I have no life and am a fairly kickass editor, I figured I'd do one of the things I do best; point out things other people screwed up on. XD I'm pretty nitpicky, though, so please don't take this personally...

Suggested corrections will be underlined. Minor stuff that's not grammatically incorrect but could still use a redo will be italicized. In some cases it may be that the stuff was intentional and I just didn't get it, so feel free to use any or none of these. ^_^

Main Page

Visit the new Felarya forums ! : https://felarya.forumotion.com/index.htm If you wish to post ideas, make remarks and so on. ^_^

General Content: (<--no space between the word and colon needed)

Felaryan carnivorous plants

Category: Races

Category: Characters

Category: Locations
(^these three needed a space after the colon, jsyk...)

The World of Felarya

55% of Felarya is covered by jungle and forest, 40% by sea and 5% by other types of land.

It's a strange world, situated at a crossroad between dimensions, making it dimensionally unstable. (I reccomend you change one of the "dimensions" into an appropriate synonym, as it sounds somewhat unprofessional to use two in the same sentence.)

Lot of odd things happen there. For one, random worlds often connect themselves to Felarya for no apparent reason.
For example, let's imagine you see a desert in the middle of the Felaryan jungle... (Since you used "for" twice in the above sentence, it again sounds unprofessional to beging this one with it. Also, "..."s are best used for dialogue or dramatic effect, but not in explanations such as this.)

You step on it, and as you do you change worlds without even noticing. If you step back, you are instantly returned to Felarya, making the change even more difficult to detect. However, when you come back one day later there is nothing left but jungle; the world has "disconnected" itself and returned to its previous state. Chances are high its inhabitants didn't even notice the process unless they saw the strange jungle that wasn't there yesterday.

The connection time is very random, but rarely exceeds a few hours. However, some places exist in Felarya that are originally not from the world; they have been "absorbed" during their connections and were never returned afterward. Still, these places can return to their original state at any moment, much like a volcano could awaken, and so vanish suddenly.

Felarya itself rarely fickle, though, and stays somewhat stable. There is the chance that an original part of Felarya might suddenly vanish to another world, but that's one in several billions.

Dimensional Portals

There is an entire class of spellcasters who specialize in dimensional magic. While it can be a hard and dangerous discipline, portal crafting is an easy task for them. Basically, a portal is like a double-way door from a place to another. However, the maker of the portal can place certain restrictions on it. For example, "If King Quetzoal III ever crosses this gate, send him to Hell, but send all others to their normal destination," is a viable command.

Moreover, if the portal maker were to die the portal would close, aside from a handful of cases where one was powerful enough to leave their portals open after death. One peculiarity among portals is the great dimensional gate near Ur-Sagol. This portal is so perfect that its creation is a true mystery. (<-- To me, "Great Dimensional Gate," sounds like it would be the proper title of something so prominent, though I'm not sure if that's what you had in mind...)

Felaryan Ground

I desperately need to sleep right now, and tomorrow's Easter so I may not be able to get computer access til the day after. But when I do come back I'lll finish up the main page and continue on to the fauna.

Since I was so tired when doing this, you might wanna have someone else look over it as well... Normally I'm a human Spellcheck, but my capacity for catching errors is down to about 38% of its normal capacity atm.
You forgot a space between "often" and "connect", but I corrected it. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Chris Nemo
Helpless prey
Chris Nemo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:42 pm

Ah, thank you. Very Happy

Karbo, if you don't mind my asking, what's your native language?

Felarya is widely known across many dimensions for its strange dimensional particularities, but even more for its legendary treasures and its greatest wealth; its soil.

The ground of Felarya cures all known diseases by simple contact. It revitalizes living beings and makes them grow - though the amount depends of the species - and grants a sort of immortality (not invincibility). In short, you won't age, your body won't register any damage caused by time and you won't die from illness as long as you are on Felarya. Any non-lethal wound would completely heal in just a matter of weeks or days.

They all failed, though, because of the extremely dangerous environment.

Indeed, on Felarya lives a wide variety of wild animals and dangerous beasts; carnivorous apes, flying squids, dimensional trappers, crystal dragons, kensha beasts, stormseekers, tonorions, and vortex tigers, to name a few. Most of these species weren't originally from this world, making the Felaryan fauna very varied, strange, and often unpredictable.

A good part of vegetation and plant life is deadly as well; from poisonous creepers to a huge variety of carnivorous plants. The top predators and main dangers in Felarya, however, are the giant and voracious hybrid creatures; nagas, dridders, centaurs, fairies, etc.

Lastly there are the guardians of Felarya; mythical creatures with god-like powers capable of wiping entire armies in an instant. They are the main reason why Felarya hasn't been conquered yet, but they appear extremely rarely.

The vast majority of Felaryan forms of life are carnivorous and, for some reason, seem to have developped a liking for swallowing their prey (mostly adventurers) whole and alive!

Felarya's Plane

An assault launched by some advanced race that wanted to nuke Felarya from space wouldn't work either. Felarya actually has no "space." The world is contained within a "self-plane," meaning that if you fired a rocket from Felarya's ground into space, the rocket would exit Felarya at a certain point and enter a regular, but random dimension, of the universe, one with which Felarya is currently connected. In short, you can't target Felarya from space because it is just not there. The only way to do it would be to fire randomly into space and hope the shot would pass through a dimension currently connected to it and hit it from there. And assuming the universe is infinite, the chance of this would be one in... infinity.

Some humans or semi-humans manage to live very long and almost normal lives in Felarya despite all of its perils. You have to find either a quiet place or a city, big enough to defend against predators, but not so big as to draw the attention of a guardian. Ur-Sagol, the city in ruin on the map was just that: a city that grew too large and too powerful and then which began to colonize its surroundings... until a guardian razed it in a single night.

Living in the jungle is very difficult, but it's not impossible. The best way is to make a zone "safe." The jungle has many predators, but they don't roam very much and tend to respect each others' territories. The trick is to become part of a zone by dealing with the dangerous creatures living there, either by fighting them or, in some case, befriending them and knowing the zone perfectly. And of course staying aware of danger at every second. Needless to say very few manage it.

Efforts to characterize magic in Felarya are often difficult, due to the fact many people from a variety of worlds have their own ways of drawing upon this force. What is certain, however, is that Felarya is extremely magic-rich, allowing powerful spells to be cast and summoned beings to remain indefinitely.

In such a dangerous world, many adventurers seek the protection of a deity to aid them on their journey. Thus many temples have been raised and many cults have appeared and prospered. In the city of Negav alone you can count no less than 227 different religions! From stern warrior monk orders, self-righteous zealots, fiery preachers, and holy war fanatics to greedy crooks or humble and peaceful religions, you can find pretty much anything.

Being a world at a crossroad between dimensions, full of treasures, magic, and strange creatures, Felarya is teeming with legends and tales. Gathered from ancient books, adventurers' stories, and rumors, some are true and some are not. (<--I feel like you could do better splitting the second sentence up into two separate ones, along the lines of "Gathered from ancient books, adventurers' stories, and rumors, there are more than enough tales to hear. However, bragging to increase one's fame is common practice among journeyers, so how many of them are actually true is anyone's guess.")

The first problem an adventurer can run into when travelling in Felarya is finding out their money is worth nothing. Felarya use its own currency, as well as several of the most common types found in the universe such as gols, platalis, skevols, Kejdoran shkings, Faldong gems, yolems, rainbow pearls, and tetros. (<--All of these are your names, so I have no idea if any of them are wrong... Did you maybe mean "gold" instead of "gols," though? I only ask because the "S" and "D" keys are right next to each other...)

Most normal transactions on Felarya are made in skevols, with larger ones in Faldong gems or various local gemstones, and the greatest exchanges (such as buying a battle cruiser or an imperial palace) being negociated in pure Ascarlin. This goes for most humanoid races, although some neko tribes possess their own currency as well. Most of the sentient predators have little interest in money.

Woot, there's the main page done! Now I'm off to read more fics. I'm currently trying to find a way to tie my personal story arc into the main backstory, and a way to include other peoples' characters interacting with my own.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 1:47 am

Thank you very much again this was very helpful ! Smile

As for my language, I am french ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

In the updated entry for Negav, there's a place where Tomthumbs is written Tombhums or something.

I think someone should sticky this so we can all point out typos in the wiki.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm

good idea ^^
Back to top Go down
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Hey,

'The atmosphear around Frost peak' - Unless this is meant to be a joke about how fearsome it is, it should be 'atmosphere'.
http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frost_peak

Also, Jissy's picture appears at the top of this page: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ur-Sagol
but not at the top of her own page: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jissy
which seems a little weird.

Yours,

Ambrose,
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:30 pm

ambrose-euanthe wrote:
Hey,

'The atmosphear around Frost peak' - Unless this is meant to be a joke about how fearsome it is, it should be 'atmosphere'.
http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Frost_peak

Heh. Fixed.

Quote :

Also, Jissy's picture appears at the top of this page: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ur-Sagol
but not at the top of her own page: http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jissy
which seems a little weird.

I had noticed that, but I assumed Karbo wanted to avoid having the same picture on two different pages.
Back to top Go down
ambrose-euanthe
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey,

That's up to Karbo, I guess. It's his wiki and his world, after all. I'm terribly sorry to do this after you just made a change, but...

'certain number of ennemies among the local predators', in the 'safe harbour' entry. Should be 'enemies', of course.

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Safe_Harbor#Safe_Harbor

If you'd prefer I stop doing this... (I use the wiki as a resource when writing, so it's typically then, through some kind of random-walk process that I identify this kind of error. And if I have a touch of writer's block, I come here to tell you about it).

Yours,

Ambrose,
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:22 am

ambrose-euanthe wrote:
Hey,

That's up to Karbo, I guess. It's his wiki and his world, after all. I'm terribly sorry to do this after you just made a change, but...

'certain number of ennemies among the local predators', in the 'safe harbour' entry. Should be 'enemies', of course.

Fixed, along with a few other small errors on that page.

"Ennemi" is written with two Ns in French; hence the confusion. I often get them mixed up myself. (I suppose the English word comes from the French, but lazily dropped a letter along the way. :p)

Quote :

If you'd prefer I stop doing this... (I use the wiki as a resource when writing, so it's typically then, through some kind of random-walk process that I identify this kind of error. And if I have a touch of writer's block, I come here to tell you about it).

No, that's fine. Errors do need to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:33 am

Indeed, please don't hesitate to report any errors ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jew
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Jew

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:17 am

I'm not trying to be pushy or impatient here, but I've noticed that some pages seem to have been left incomplete for literally years. For example, the Alestor page was started in July of 2008 and still doesn't have anything other than the characters name and race.

I was thinking, maybe it'd be better if you PMed people when you wanted to put their character in the Wiki so they could write the information themselves? If you gave some guidelines about what you wanted, like 100 words max on appearance, 200 max on personality etc, you should end up with some good entries without having to write them as well as managing the forum, the manga and all your other projects.

ChristianBethel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:02 am

Sseeing the Vishmitals' efforts to retake the base, some have started to wonder if they didn't leave something very valuable behind them there...

This was in the Great Rocky Fields entry about the abandoned Vishmitals outpost. There is an 's' too many in 'Seeing'.

Oh yeah, also, abandoned or abandoning takes only one 'n'
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:51 am

thank you for the notice Smile

Jew : this is what I'm doing. I actually never write the other's characters entries myself.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Not sure, but I think in Mezzus' entry, he's called an Archimage instead of Archmage.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 am

ah ? I don't see where ^^;
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:17 am

Oh, it was in the entry for fairy magic.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Maybe it's just a nitpick, but a black hole would destroy Felarya. Can we replace "black hole" by "vortex" where the Vortex tiger is concerned?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Uh, this is a thread for correcting spelling errors, Stabby.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 am

I apologize for the double post, but here is another typo in Zamamura's Altar entry: Stepping on it now is supposed to be safe, but not really advised nonetheless; it's like chalenging Zamamura to come back

Challenging takes two "l"
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 am

Quote :
They are said to have a few large underwater cities in Topazial sea and they regulary go there to mate or simply spend time with their kind. Their

I was reading the changes on the mermaid page, and I saw that at the end of the second paragraph, there's just 'Their'. Just 'Their' and then a new paragraph. No clue if that was an unfinished sentence or an old one that wasn't deleted all the way, but yeah sweatdrop
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
French snack
French snack

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
I apologize for the double post, but here is another typo in Zamamura's Altar entry: Stepping on it now is supposed to be safe, but not really advised nonetheless; it's like chalenging Zamamura to come back

Challenging takes two "l"

Fixed.

AisuKaiko wrote:
Quote :
They are said to have a few large underwater cities in Topazial sea and they regulary go there to mate or simply spend time with their kind. Their

I was reading the changes on the mermaid page, and I saw that at the end of the second paragraph, there's just 'Their'. Just 'Their' and then a new paragraph. No clue if that was an unfinished sentence or an old one that wasn't deleted all the way, but yeah sweatdrop

Fixed. Thank you both for pointing them out.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Wait a minute, you have authorisation to edit the wiki?
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Evidently. Wink

I do some minor cleaning up, fixing typos, creating occasional redirects...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wiki corrections Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki corrections   Wiki corrections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki corrections
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next