Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inus

Go down 
+7
Archmage_Bael
jedi-explorer
CauldronBorn24
ravaging vixen
DarkOne
Nyaha
Amaroq
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 am

Oh well if youre saying it like that, let me clarify I want it to stay intact to about 85% or more. <.< Because I think that most of the content IS important.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 8:25 am

The content is important but can be shortened down with enough room for the readers to fill in the gap.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:17 am

Topic is locked until we hear a compromise and a fair assessment what karbo has imagined instead of assuming what he might do. Weill reopen Until He has a say for Amaroq,the community and himself.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 4:54 am

I'm unlocking the thread. Things have been worked out with the author. Hopefully the discussion can continue in a more calm and civil manner.

Last edited by Karbo on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 6:23 am

Yes, let's hope it's more clam indeed.  Snarking aside, while this has nothing to do with Inus, given that their entry is so much more detailed than any other race, wouldn't the sensible thing to do be doing the same with the other ones?  Let's compare their entry with the Nekos.  The part that actually talks about nekos is only 9 lines long; everything else is dedicated to citing known nekos and tribes, which could have instead been linked to different pages in the same manner as other species, or better yet, they could have been moved to their respective locations and the link would instead.  Meanwhile, Inus enjoy a detailed physical description and general overview, followed by a deeper look in their biological structure and societal quirks, something no other race enjoy.  This would help immensely in giving each race their own identity beyond just "human with a snake tail for legs" and "human with a spider abdomen for legs".

Last edited by Shady Knight on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 8:26 am

Well I agree, there are many species that could use a rework, and nekos probably among the top ones.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 am

Now for something that has to do with inus... sort of. In Minor Races 2, there's a spot for Kitsunes, which has nothing but the words "under construction" under it. It has been the case for a long, long time. Wouldn't it make more sense for kitsunes to be a sub-species of inus since foxes are close enough to canines? If not, wouldn't it be for the best if they were axed entirely? I checked and there's nobody to credit for their creation, so for all it's worth, they're not contributing anything to the wiki and people are most likely completely unaware that there's one mention of them.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm

I wrote that down as well but karbo took it out for whatever reasons I didnt quite understand about them not being developed yet.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 7:35 am

Well I'm a little hesitant about Kitsunes.  In one hand I think they are definitely interesting creatures and really appealing visually.

On the other hand I'm wary of putting yet another japanese name ( after nekos and inus ) so I"m considering perhaps giving them a unique name.
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 7:55 am

Karbo wrote:
Well I'm a little hesitant about Kitsunes.  In one hand I think they are definitely interesting creatures and really appealing visually.

On the other hand I'm wary of putting yet another Japanese name ( after nekos and inus ) so I"m considering perhaps giving them a unique name.

I believe that the Koreans have a form of Kitsune in their mythos, similar in many ways but with slightly different personalities (I think they're more "harmful tricksters" than just creatures of grace. The harm trickster nature could work in Felarya because... Well, making illusions of giant beings is just a dick move Razz Especially if it led to the REAL thing)
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 9:31 pm

hhhat09 wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Well I'm a little hesitant about Kitsunes. �In one hand I think they are definitely interesting creatures and really appealing visually.

On the other hand I'm wary of putting yet another Japanese name ( after nekos and inus ) so I"m considering perhaps giving them a unique name.

I believe that the Koreans have a form of Kitsune in their mythos, similar in many ways but with slightly different personalities (I think they're more "harmful tricksters" than just creatures of grace. The harm trickster nature could work in Felarya because... Well, making illusions of giant beings is just a dick move Razz Especially if it led to the REAL thing)

Actually, the lore of 9-tailed fox monsters seem pretty popular in some Asian countries that have relationship with China. 

In Japan, kitsune is 9-tailed fox that seems to be some kind of diety (though manga/anime culture often decribes them as evil monster).

In Korea, fox seem leaning more on the evil side. Stuff likes liver-eating.

In China, a fox used to disguise as a beautiful woman named Daki and charmed the emperor. She was extremely smart, evil and did many inhumane acts on people who resisted her. An army was needed to overthrow her.

In my country (Vietnam), 9-tailed monster fox is a pure monster, which disguised itself to catch girls and bring them back to its lair for some flesh-eating. For this reason, I guess it is a male one. It was later slayed by the Dragon King after a fierce battle of magic.

All of these folklore shares the same thing: monster fox are tricksters ^^
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inus    Inus - Inus  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2