Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Empty
PostSubject: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 2:45 pm

*bows* Nyahan is kind enough to introduce me to Felaryan RP. Please be kind to me. ^_^

Character: Sybin the Incarnate

In short: a pony soldier investigating whether or not this dimension is dangerous to her people. Her sub-species are kind of the Dwarves of their world: no spell casting, but these hard working and integer ponies have crafted other means to compensate.

It's not uncommon in Felarya to have visitors from other worlds, but usually they enter by a gate, or during some dimensional disturbance. This time however, the intruder emerges from a crackling lightshow of sparks. When the light dies down, a shimmering figure becomes visible. It seems quite small, quadruped, and translucent as if it is draped in a camouflage cloak. As soon as it is free to move, it starts to look for a safe place to hide while running initial tests. A small transparent ball emerges from its form and seems to ignite, taking in the air and presence of the surrounding.

"Camouflage still active. Air is safe to breath. Very high concentration of oxygen, which could be useful, but even more remarkable is the extremely high amount of life energy."

From her voice it is clear that whatever it is, it is female, and dictates her findings in a strict and professional manner. She makes her way to the nearest vegetation

"Gravitation normal. This place is verdant, and if the plant life here is any indication then the natural resources alone would make this a rich venture."

Suddenly she stiffens, like a prey animal detecting a predator. Did she hear something?

Last edited by Scryangi on Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:10 pm

(For future reference, RPs taking place in their own threads generally involve a little more planning, like getting players to join, coming up with a plot outline, as well as explanation as to what the purpose/goal of the RP is in the first post, along with the premise, which you've given. Anyway, I'd love to make a post, but I'm not sure I should since we'd then have two RPs going together right off the bat. Maybe someone else should post? This looks like anyone is free to join, am I right? And I don't think there'll be any definite plot.)
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Anyway, I'd love to make a post, but I'm not sure I should since we'd then have two RPs going together right off the bat.

Oh no, this is the private one for us. PM's get lost after a while so I prefer forums. I guess we had a small miscommunication. Do I post 'Nyaha and Scryangi' in the title or something? And no plot really. I haven't even given a location so that you can say where I ended up.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 am

(Oh! Okay. Yes there was a miscommunication, and yes, you should have stated that this RP is just for us either in the topic title or somewhere in your initial post. ^_^ I've never done a public private RP before like this. New experiences!)

A rustling comes from the shrubbery nearby. Such vegetation is all around the concealed visitor in this densely forested area. Suddenly, there comes a loud crack, followed immediately by a gruff yet somewhat feminine voice grunting in pain and then saying, "Ow..."

If the pony continues to watch, she'll see a humanoid crawl out of the bushes, dragging a sizeable knit sack by it's drawstrings in her right hand, which is covered by a brown glove with a metal plate on the back of it. The person's jet-black hair is a huge mess, though not particularly unclean, reaching down to the mid neck. If the pony is observant, she might notice a pair of feline ears, fur as black as the person's hair, hiding in the mess of hair.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I've never done a public private RP before like this. New experiences!
(This way the forums are active, and despite being a private RP open to the public, no private information is released to the public since these are fictional characters. It's the perfect crime.)

Certain that her glowing familiar must have given her away already, and that running blindly through a forest is a sure way to break a leg or three, Sybin tries to communicate with the nice looking feline. A silent command sets her soulspark to 'stun'. ^_^ You never know when something travels in pack.

"Hello?"

She hopes there is a way to talk to this sapient lifeform. Ponies really suck at gestures.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

(I more meant that generally, one-on-one RPs that I have are usually not viewable to other people, taking place in notes, PMs, or in skype chats, so having one that anyone can read and possibly comment on if so inclined will be interesting. Unless you have a problem with people commenting on it.)

The being's feline ears twitch, followed by her lifting her head and looking around for the source of the word. Her angled, purple eyes focus on the glowing orb nearby (as you never stated that she dropped her cloaking, so I'm taking this to mean she didn't), and then narrow as she frowns.

"I'm really in no mood to speak to invisible people," she says gruffly, getting to her feet and dusting off her clothing; a black, short-sleeved shirt with the midsection torn out, revealing a rather heavy-set, muscular build (compared to most humanoid women anyway), a green-on-red plaid skirt held up by a black belt over denim jeans with several tears in them, and bulky, armored-toe-to-heel boots. The black-furred feline tail swishing behind her would also likely be of note.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 5:11 pm

(I have no problem with people commenting, as long as it's no trolling of course. In fact, I encourage it. Other people often think of things that slip by me.

Oh, and no dropping camouflage, correct. In fact, I'm debating on whether or not she can without unshaping the construct.)

Sybin is relieved that just like in her world, there is no language barrier. Her ears swivel around to pick up any other creatures nearby, while she moves a bit to the side. As she does, it becomes more clear that she is not invisible at all, but just see-through. On her back she carries slim saddle-bags, but no other visible clothing or armor.

"Apologies for my appearance, but I thought it was prudent to make it hard on any possible predators to detect me. Now, I am just a little lost so I would like to ask you if you might direct me to the nearest settlement." She speaks not of her being an off-worlder, and she eyes the sack still held firmly, trying to get a scent of what's inside.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:36 pm

The young woman squints as the cloaked being moves, able to just barely make out an outline of a figure distorting the environment behind it. Not as impressive as true invisibility, she thinks to herself.

As she listens to the figure's words, she cocks an eyebrow, though her bangs might make the expression difficult to notice. After the being finishes asking her question, she exhales audibly through her nose and looks away from her, her head turning to the direction she's facing. She shifts grip of the drawstring of the sack - which is lousy with the scent of various herbs and some odorous fungi - to her left hand and puts her right hand on her hip.

After a good moment or two of silently thinking about it, she answers. "I'll make you a deal: if you can help me out a little, I'll lead you back to the town I live in. Sound fair?"
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 3:05 am

Sybin's tail unconsciously starts to sway from left to right as she thinks about how similar this sounds to those 'Famous last words' stories, but she accepts. The great thing about expecting the worst of people is that they might just surprise you and be better than that. Besides, having a guide would make things go smoother.

"That sounds like a deal."

She extends her hoof to seal the deal.

"Now what is it that you require?"

Silently she muses, "If she says that she is collecting seasonings...no bad Sybin. Give the nice carnivore a chance".
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:29 am

Without a good view of the pony, the neko is unaware of her extended limb, and thus ignores it.

"I just need someone to crawl into the tighter places to get the alchemic ingredients I need. I already have most of them," she explains, holding up the sack and giving it a bounce, "just need one or two more. I usually get my friend to do it, but he's off gallavanting who knows where. Friggin' outdoorsy dumbass."

Her explanation done, she turns away from the cloaked pony and begines walking in the direction of her next objective, tossing the sack over her left shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 1:08 pm

'Are the predators here so easily fooled?' thinks the slightly offended mare while following the bipedal feline. 'Invisibility is just about the lowest priority in all our camouflages. In the tundra you're either visible from miles away, or obscured by the weather, so we focused on hiding sound, scent, tremors, and aura, yet we still get discovered.'

As she walks through this verdant wood, she is still amazed by just how verdant this area is. She's never seen so many trees before, and they're even bigger than a hydra. Soon she finds out the downside. 'It's hard to walk through this shrubbery without making noise. Maybe that's how predators here find you?'

Suddenly she gets a worrying thought. 'What if she only pretends not to see me?'

((Am I doing okay? Too paranoid and annoying, or in character?))
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 4:13 pm

(That's not for me to decide. I can't tell you how to write your character properly. It has to come from within yourself.)

"So," the feline begins suddenly, not bothering to turn to look at someone she can't see, though still aware of her presence through the sounds of her movements, "when do you think you'll drop the cloak? It won't help you much if you can't learn to step more quietly. Or are you hoping that if danger does rear it's head, it'll go after the more immediately visible target?"
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:07 pm

((Oh, I believe that it is in character. A prey species evolving in a world filled with sapient carnivores should have some decent paranoia. No thinking, just running, that's how horses survived.))

Bending low to avoid another face full of shrubbery, Sybin thinks about the best way to answer her companion's question without admitting that using a decoy is a perfectly fine strategy.. "I can't drop it, really. It's not a piece of equipment but a spell that keeps going until unshaped, so it would work even while sleeping. Or to put it differently, I wear my spells instead of casting them." And it would work perfectly well if she was standing very still, thank you very much.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to act a little more friendly. "I can tone it down if you wish. I know how disconcerting it is to talk to someone you can't see." Her form fades into view, and her blue fur and white mane become visible. Her saddlebags a dark brown, just like her eyes. Even the spark hovering above her gains a sapphire colour, with a glow of white and light blue. She's still see-through, but more like a hologram now.

"Is this better? And my name's Sybin, by the way. May I ask yours?" And looking around the forest, another question seems just as important as gaining trust. "Also, just what kind of danger are you expecting here?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:52 am

"Yeah, I figured you weren't from around here," the neko says. She is judging purely based on what Sybin had said, and hasn't actually turned to look at her yet. "Someone as prepared as you would know exactly what I'm expecting unless you were new to this world."

She steps out of the shrubbery and into a clearing between three somewhat normal-size trees, then turns to look at Sybin. "My name's--" She stops and narrows one eye at Sybin in disbelief. She had been fairly certain that she'd been talking to a humanoid. The idea that the cloaked being was some kind of small, strangely-colored equine hadn't even occurred to her. "...Kira," she finished.

(FYI yes, there are more regular-size trees that stand only 20-30 feet in Felarya. Not all of them are bigger than the giantesses. XD)
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 pm

((Really? Well if the trees are not all gigantic then here's a design for a new item: a pair of gauntlets ending in an elongated claw. Like two short grapple hooks, this way you can swing from branch to branch.))

She recovers a while before replying. "You said 'this world' instead of region or country, so I take it there are more outworlders here?"

With the large variety of sapient races in her homeworld, she doesn't 'even consider that Kira might find her non-humanoid appearance surprising. Plenty of bipedals where she comes from.

((So you...are Kirra. *badum-tish*))
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

(Was that supposed to be a Death Note reference? o.o)

The surprise of Sybin's non-humanoid appearance wears off quickly from Kira, and her face resumes a neutral, disinterested expression.

"Sure. Felarya's a hub of interdimensional activity. You came here without knowing that much?" Kira scoffs as she turns away, resuming her stride.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:36 pm

((It is. lol! ))

Sybin feels like she should be insulted, quite strongly so even, but this makes it easier on her so...meh. "I boldly went where a lot of people went before," she giggles under her breath. "That makes me feel a lot better." Louder, she adds, "Well, we just detected something, so we send someone to take a look--me."

Ears still swiveling at every sound, she tries to get more information out of her 'guide'. "So, what danger should I know about? And is it far until we reach our destination?"
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:45 pm

(Sorry, but that series' Kira only has one "r", not two.)

"We're getting close, no need to worry," Kira said, waving her right hand reassuringly. "As for the dangers...I don't think I'm gonna' tell you that." The neko turns her head to smirk at the pony as she walks. "If you got scared and ran back home, I'd have to do all the hard work myself."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:21 pm

"But telling me now let's me adjust the setting on my weapons," rebukes Sybin just as easily. "What are the creatures here most vulnerable to?"

((My scanlation had 2 'r's, as it comes from 'killa'.))
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:34 pm

"A quick wit and a cool head," Kira shoots back. "...Actually, the variety of them makes it hard to prepare adequately. I'd suggest focusing on not getting spotted."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Okay, that got her attention, and she shifts back into camouflage. "Should we be more quiet than this?" Was Kira just trying to scare her, or was this really as dangerous as back home? Better let the spark prepare a piercing attack then.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 pm

"Probably," Kira reasons nonchalantly. "But I don't have the patience to step that lightly."

After answering the pony, she stops in front of her and steps to the right. Before them stands one of the large trees populating the forest, its roots sprawled out around it. If Sybin investigates, she'll likely spot several burrows between the roots, just big enough for someone with a lighter build than Kira to fit in.
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:19 pm

"So," the pony asks in a deadpan tone, and lets out an annoyed snort. "We're going climbing? Because I doubt those holes are uninhabited."

Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 7:56 am

"At this time of day they aren't," Kira explains, sitting down on one of the roots. "The animals that live in them go scavenging for food in the daytime, things that got killed while they were sleeping in these burrows at night. As long as there are no eggs or offspring, you shouldn't have anything to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Scryangi
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Scryangi

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

Noting the 'IF', Sybin decides to just get it over with, and looks up at the tall feline. "So, I gather that you wish something collected here? Something that is hard to gather by yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)   Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting to know the neighbourhood. (Private)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next