Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?

Go down 
5 posters

Would you enter?
Yes.
Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_lcap42%Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
No.
Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_lcap17%Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Maybe.
Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_lcap41%Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 5 ]
Where am I? Who are you?!
Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_lcap0%Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Empty
PostSubject: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:22 am

I was thinking about starting a monthly contest, much like my April Fool's Day contest. Here's how it would work:

At the beginning of each month, I will post the theme and general requirements for the month's contest. The contests will be free for anyone to enter; each month's contest will end at the beginning of the last week of the month. The last week will be when the community votes on the best entries.

My question is: would you be willing to enter these contests? I did not get much response on the April Fool's Day contest (only 2 entrants).
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 am

I would enter if I knew how to draw, unless you enjoy stick figures (which I doubt)

But I'd certainly like to see the others and what they do.
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:20 am

Pendragon wrote:
I would enter if I knew how to draw, unless you enjoy stick figures (which I doubt)

But I'd certainly like to see the others and what they do.

The contests will (usually) be open for any type of media (drawing, writing, animation, etc)
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:31 am

Oh.

Well, I could contribute a story here and there.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:44 am

I say yes. Sure, I said I'd do an April fools story, but then I didn't. But on the other hand, I'm a lazy son of a b. (Sorry to use harsh letters)

But I'd at least do some of the contests. And hey, it may even be a motivator for some of the lazier, lurkier people. *Coughcough*

So, go for it. Doesn't hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:08 am

i might, i just definitely cant atm, my laptops on the fritz...
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:21 am

I like the idea, though sadly I can't participate, as I have no artistic talent in any field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?   Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monthly Theme Contests -- Good Idea or Not?
Page 1 of 1