Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Calendar

Go down 
+10
Lockheed X-17
Bluehorizon
Gamma
Thywolf
Ilceren
Nyaha
XionGaTaosenai
Archmage_Bael
DarkOne
Shady Knight
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:46 pm

They're 10 days long and they're referred to as Decals. Or so it says in their entry.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2016 4:52 pm

DarkOne wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:
Indeed. Well school started, but I think people are just being lazy more so than anything at the moment. XD

Lazy, or discouraged?

Maybe both. I was more lazy than anything else, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Maybe both. I was more lazy than anything else, to be honest.

Well most people seem disenfranchised to me and I've been warning about stagnation for some time now.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Okay so obligitory excuse for me: everyone goes off for the summer ot have vacations, me I have to work. Add to this stress and the ever continuing search to find a woman and I was lucky to keep up with the topics this summer. @_@ Haven't even had enough time to write my own ideas, let alone flesh out the calendar.

Now for the day names? As we know the days of our week in most countries around the world I think, flying by the seat of my pants here, go by the ye olden Asgardians. Or better known as the Norse gods. Let's do a search and see! No! My English class was quite wrong! 8PO Says orignoanlly they were named after planets....Hmm planets....Well Felarya has a series of worlds, a few with reoccuring names but not much in Astrology has been covered, boo Lesona is a terrible leader, but to be fair? We have 10. We're not even 100% sure in our own Solar System that we have nine since Planet X/Nabiru keeps being shy right! But! He's a fun twist of fate! Those planets in our Solar system? Are named after Greek gods. Where there's quite a pantheon to chose from and easy to make comparisons and look-like things.

Okay I threw out a bunch of data there without actually saying anything xD But to sum up:
Ten names, ten worlds or gods. <.< Or...and this is just my rnadom wild card up the sleeve, but how about one for each predator species? *Shrugs* Whatever. I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 8:39 pm

jedi-explorer wrote:
Okay I threw out a bunch of data there without actually saying anything xD But to sum up:
Ten names, ten worlds or gods. <.< Or...and this is just my rnadom wild card up the sleeve, but how about one for each predator species? *Shrugs* Whatever. I hope that helps.

Except that we used gods already for the month names. It'd feel weird to make them day names as well?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
jedi-explorer wrote:

Except that we used gods already for the month names. It'd feel weird to make them day names as well?

Yeah I wondered about that one. Well that leaves predator species and planets/worlds.
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Planets might be tricky, especially because of the ever-changing sky. That leaves the predatory species, although why exactly would they name days after man-eating monsters would be up to the minds of the audience. My suggestion would be that they name the days after historical figures.

(I don't know why, but there seems to be more guest users than registered ones.)
Back to top Go down
XionGaTaosenai
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 10:46 pm

What about regions of the Elven Empire? Subdivide the old Elven Empire into an arbitrary number of provinces and name each day after a province.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Well Jedi, I don't know what came first, the egg or the chicken, but my guess is they named both the days and the planets after gods, and your teacher didn't really know what to say to make the class seem interesting XD

Doing a bit of research, it seems Romans named the months mostly with ordinals in the order they were in their calendar. Later, some of them were changed to a few minor gods and what not. Two big rulers even changed a month to be called after them. So going with that, and since we already made it backwards with the Felaryan month names (real world days are named after gods but it's the Felaryan months the ones that are), we could name the days after important Elven rulers and minor deities, then just give numbers to the remaining ones.

Last edited by Ilceren on Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Lockheed X-17 wrote:
Planets might be tricky, especially because of the ever-changing sky. That leaves the predatory species, although why exactly would they name days after man-eating monsters would be up to the minds of the audience. My suggestion would be that they name the days after historical figures.

(I don't know why, but there seems to be more guest users than registered ones.)

Might work though I hesitated to try that one cause of Karbo's not having finished the historical figures currently known even months and months after making their pages. I mean you have names but we know little of the lore behind them, which would be needed to spice up the page and determine what each day represented. Hmm that also makes me wonder. If a week is 10 days long does that mean there's two "Sundays" or more? o.O Might be hard to sympathize with Negav's work scheadule if they can have more days off than their typical planet dwelling cousins! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Calendar   Felaryan Calendar - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Calendar
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8