Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaydreamSpider
Tasty morsel
DaydreamSpider

Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7 Empty
PostSubject: Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7   Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 5:26 pm

My idea for an OC stems from the idea of corporations using androids or robotic decoys that assist those that travel through Felarya, primarily as a decoy for predators, keeping them occupied while the group slips away. Survival of these decoys is expected to be slim to none. Those that do survive are maintained and upgraded for more dangerous tasks when they return. One in particular is the Decoy LKE-7, or "Lucky"

Before he was known as "Lucky", he was Luke Evans. Luke was a young daredevil on his homeworld, known to be hot-blooded and hot-headed, looking for the most dangerous feats using his skills in land racing and various jobs as a stuntman. When told of the world of Felarya, and how dangerous it was, he jumped at the chance to earn fame and glory.

When he arrived he was offered by a Decoy corporation to have his mind copied into a robotic body for future use should he die.... and wouldn't you know it, Luke soon did at the hands of a giant naga (which one I don't know, since Ive been out of the loop for a few years and dont want to step on the continuity like I did last time)

Taking the initiative, the corporation built an android that looked like Luke and downloaded his memories into it, naming it LKE-1. While this Decoy has the looks and a few personality traits similar to the former daredevil, there is little else that resembles him.
Over time, LKE went on to be a decoy for numerous missions and adventures, and each time he was destroyed he would be rebuilt and enhanced; to be faster, stronger, smarter, and more agile, but all the while losing more and more of its humanity in the process. So far, model #7 has lasted longer than the previous 6.

There is more I have in mind for LKE-7, but I want to make sure he fits in Felarya before I bring them up.

Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7   Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Reading this, it makes me wonder a few things. First off, while it would be obvious why a decoy is meant for, I don't really get how they would attract and keep the attention of predators in general. While the copying of personality and, to a lesser extent, memories of the deceased may be a way to make those machines behave more human-like, there are still other things that those predators will notice are off about the decoy. Specially as it is improved to be faster, stronger, etc. at the expense of humanity; it will be more and more obvious the decoy is not food.

There's also the issue that most predators aren't sentient, and decoys won't work on them. While certainly the sapient ones are the most dangerous, they are also the most scarce, which probably makes it wasteful to employ decoys for them in the first place. I'd recommend you to give the idea another round of thought to refine it, before you go ahead and create a character based on it.
Back to top Go down
DaydreamSpider
Tasty morsel
DaydreamSpider

PostSubject: Re: Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7   Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Ilceren wrote:
Reading this, it makes me wonder a few things. First off, while it would be obvious why a decoy is meant for, I don't really get how they would attract and keep the attention of predators in general. While the copying of personality and, to a lesser extent, memories of the deceased may be a way to make those machines behave more human-like, there are still other things that those predators will notice are off about the decoy. Specially as it is improved to be faster, stronger, etc. at the expense of humanity; it will be more and more obvious the decoy is not food.

There's also the issue that most predators aren't sentient, and decoys won't work on them. While certainly the sapient ones are the most dangerous, they are also the most scarce, which probably makes it wasteful to employ decoys for them in the first place. I'd recommend you to give the idea another round of thought to refine it, before you go ahead and create a character based on it.

Good points all around, I'll definitely need to keep him on the drawing board. Perhaps keeping LKE as a mercenary of some sort.
I have seen so much focus on the sapient predators in Felarya (Like Crisis and her friends) that I forgot about the regular predators.
This is evident I still have a long way to go. Thank you for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7   Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mecha-Decoy's, LKE-7
Page 1 of 1