Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Water-Nebula's Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Water-Nebula's Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Hi again! Decided to make a thread for my random ideas since I'm so full of them. 

For now, I'm going to start off with one new animal and one new race

New Creature: Dingonek

Spoiler:

New Race: Carideans

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 7:39 am

Those two are nice ideas ^^

For Dingonek, I'm intrigued by this difference between their surroundings and that of the rest of the world. have you imagined an explanation for it ? :3
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 9:22 am

Karbo wrote:
Those two are nice ideas ^^

For Dingonek, I'm intrigued by this difference between their surroundings and that of the rest of the world. have you imagined an explanation for it ? :3

Thanks! As for the explanation, not completely. Since they're dimensionally unstable, the terrain they perceive probably would be the terrain from the world they come from, but I don't have an explanation for why it happens...yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 3:16 pm

I've thought of two new fairy types. Sylphs and Nature Sprites 

Sylphs

Spoiler:

Nature Sprites

Spoiler:

Last edited by Water-Nebula on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Balloon Root

Threat: Low 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 8:20 pm

I made a new harpy species. I think I made them a little too similar to my nature sprites though

Arai

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 8:31 pm

Interesting ideas Water Nebula! And also welcome to the Fourms! Smile You've already got a big achievement if Karbo himself likes your ideas! I was just wondering if we could talk about them, as I am also interested in them! My Skype is Dragon808tr if you'd like to add me, and I can also add you to the Felarya group if you'd like. I can also do email and DA.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Good idea here Razz

Having a race of fairies with strong link to natures sound good and there aren't any for now. The idea to have them being able to merge into plants is interesting, I feel there is much to do with that. They are perhaps just a little too generic still ? They could use some more particular traits to make them more unique I think.
I like also the idea of having hummingbird type wings for the Sylphs. Visually it works really well I think ^^

And good job on the Baloon root too. It's an especially good one imho :3  It's original and fits well its niche of an aquatic carnivorous plant, a water podmaw of sort ^^ Here it's the name that looks a bit generic to me though, would you have some others ideas for it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Karbo wrote:
Good idea here Razz

Having a race of fairies with strong link to natures sound good and there aren't any for now. The idea to have them being able to merge into plants is interesting, I feel there is much to do with that. They are perhaps just a little too generic still ? They could use some more particular traits to make them more unique I think.
I like also the idea of having hummingbird type wings for the Sylphs. Visually it works really well I think ^^

And good job on the Baloon root too. It's an especially good one imho :3  It's original and fits well its niche of an aquatic carnivorous plant, a water podmaw of sort ^^ Here it's the name that looks a bit generic to me though, would you have some others ideas for it ?

Yeah, I agree I could have done better on the nature sprites. Along with what you said, I don't think my description was very "blended" and some sentences just seemed thrown together.

Glad you liked the balloon root! I was worried that I got the threat level wrong since even really dangerous carnivorous plants can be classed as low, but I'm assuming I got it correct. Would Siphontrap be a better name for it? I really couldn't think of any that were much better, sorry.

Dragon808tr, sorry don't have skype! I also don't really like giving my email out to people, plus I don't check it often. Maybe I could start a Skype account? Or just pm, not sure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 8:51 pm

Photonflies

Size: 
Larvae: 3 ft long
Adults: 9 ft long

Threat:

Larvae: Very Low
Adults: Very Low - Moderate

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 4:40 pm

That's an interesting defense mechanism ^^ but I would imagine it would fit more in a closed place, to make the light even more striking ?

I'd like to add the plant for now if you agree with the disclaimer Smile
it's a nice idea as it is and there is not much of aquatic carnivorous plants ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 4:45 pm

Karbo wrote:
That's an interesting defense mechanism ^^ but I would imagine it would fit more in a closed place, to make the light even more striking ?

I'd like to add the plant for now if you agree with the disclaimer Smile
it's a nice idea as it is and there is not much of aquatic carnivorous plants ^^

Wow really? Thanks! :O And yes, I agree to the disclaimer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Sometimes I wonder if I post these too fast. NAH! In all seriousness though, I need to start focusing on the other aspects of felarya, not just the awesome hybrids

Citroise Gyspas

Spoiler:

The asrai are more poorly developed, but here's what I got

Asrai

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 1:28 pm

I noticed that the Mist Ocean page mentions fog elementals, so here's an entry. I named them after the scene in "The Secret of Kells" where Aisling sings the song "Pangur Ban" to turn a cat into mist.

Pangur Banes

Height: 8 in

Length: 30 in

Pangur banes are a kind of elemental found in the Mist Ocean. They take the forms of small cats with glowing blue eyes, and bodies of mist. Their classification has been the subject of much debate, as they seem to be both air and water elemental. Some argue that due to having bodies of mist, they are water elementals. Others disagree, claiming that the body of the pangur bane is wind, and that the mist is simply swept up by the air flow.
        Apparently somebody decided to end the argument by calling them "fog elementals", and it stuck. There is still minor debate on the subject between researchers. While pangur banes may appear eerie as they stalk through the fog, they're harmless aside from causing some perturbance. If attacked, they will dematerialize into a flurry of mist before reforming a minute later, but most will try to float away before this happens. Pangur banes also have a limited control over the surrounding mist, and are able to manipulate the thickness of the fog around them. Taming a pangur bane is useful for getting around as they can form pathways in the otherwise thick fog, though they have an unsettling habit of phasing through their masters and leaving them chilled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 7:58 pm

dragon808tr wrote:
Interesting ideas Water Nebula! And also welcome to the Fourms! Smile You've already got a big achievement if Karbo himself likes your ideas! I was just wondering if we could talk about them, as I am also interested in them! My Skype is Dragon808tr if you'd like to add me, and I can also add you to the Felarya group if you'd like. I can also do email and DA.
Forgot to mention. I got Skype today but no idea what to do Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 pm

Ok been a while but I have more of my suggestions yay! Ok so I really lucked out on this one. I knew there was probably an idea for this already, but I somehow managed to create a creature with the exact same name and origins as someone else's suggestion. Great minds think alike I guess. I found the old Karbo posts confirming human fairy hybrids, and my idea still technically fits the clarifications! Yay! So in a way, this is less a new creature and just an expansion for an already confirmed one

Changelings

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 6:46 am

Something a bit more thought through

Alates

Spoiler:

Ok trust me I'm trying to think of other stuff but I don't have many ideas revolving around locations or artifacts. I might try some underwater relic thing tho
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 6:05 am

Nice ideas here Smile

I especially like the Pangur Banes. They are both poetic and cute ( they are cats after all XD ) Plus the idea of tamable elementals is interesting I think :3
Good job ! ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 6:58 pm

I'm baaack!! Still no relic ideas, I guess I just like animals too much :3  

Avem

Spoiler:

To get an idea of what they look like just think of your standard winged raptor

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 7:09 am

I'd like to add the Pangur Banes if you agree with the disclaimer :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 1:52 pm

Karbo wrote:
I'd like to add the Pangur Banes if you agree with the disclaimer :3

Well in that case, sure I agree! Very Happy

(I completely forgot to respond to your previous feedback, sorry)
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 am

Alright Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Ok I made a relic thingy. It kinda affects the lore so I'm a bit unsure of how it'll work out ^-^;

Spoiler:

Ooh and even though I have no experience whatsoever...I tried a visual aid thing :p

(It looks really big on my phone preview but idk how it shows up normally so I guess large image warning?)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 8:22 pm

A new organization/possible zone

The Coven

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 am

I've retconned my carideans a bit.

Carideans v2: Cridines

Spoiler:

On an unrelated note, I've gone through some old Felarya archives and noticed that some old ideas are almost identical to my new ones, especially in the case of the Sylphs. Just would like to say that I wasn't intentionally copying anyone, and the similarities must be coincidental :p

Edit: I forgot that "carideans" were a kind of shrimp. I had gotten the word from the shrimp genus "caridina" instead lol. I have now changed the race to "cridines", made up of the words "undine" and "crinaeae" which are water spirits
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water-Nebula's Ideas   Water-Nebula's Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water-Nebula's Ideas
Page 1 of 1