Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wiki ediiting

Go down 
+7
Amaroq
Krisexy26
iZyren
dragon808tr
Portalboat
Shady Knight
Karbo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 9:53 am

I would like to know who would be - eventuality - interested to become an editor of the wiki Smile

Keep in mind though it's a job and that editing a wiki, formatting an article to fit the rest takes a surprising amount of time. You would also need to have a good mastery of English language, to be familiar with Felarya and to be motivated. And there would be a set of rules to be observed (still left to be determined ). For now the job would be essentially about pure editing, hunting typos, rephrasing things and formatting articles. It would be on the form rather than on the core, which would still mainly be discussed on the forum.

It's not a recruiting post yet though, for now I just would like to know who would be interested ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 10:44 am

Well, you already know who to look for if you need someone who has almost nothing but free time on his hands and never shuts up about the numerous issues plaguing this universe.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Portalboat
Helpless prey
Portalboat

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Shady Knight wrote:
Well, you already know who to look for if you need someone who has almost nothing but free time on his hands and never shuts up about the numerous issues plaguing this universe.

Seconding that, if I get to apply. Razz
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 pm

I would be extremely wary of this. But, the wiki does need some editing. That being said, I will gladly toss my hat in the ring to be a part of the editing team.
Back to top Go down
iZyren
Naga food
iZyren

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm rather interested in this editing work that is currently available. Though I'm wondering what sort of special rules you have in mind and if you are to run into a problem where the submitter of an idea isn't reachable, how should one continue (or does it turn into a discussion between editors?)?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 am

Just give the fucking job to Shady, already.

This is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 pm

I would consider myself able and willing to do something good for Felarya too. Been with the universe long enough, having programming/editing knowledge, and motivated to do some good to the world if it helps populating it and keeping it alive. I often offered you i got time but no money to support you.

Although, if its like you say, a lot of work, then it might be more than useful to spread the load on to more people. After all, you're not paying anyone, are you?
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 8:04 pm

My big question here is "Will things be deleted?" beacuse if so, I'll archive the entire website. I don't even want to let any bit of it get deleted and fade into oblivion!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 12:09 am

I have almost no extra time on my hands. I do have some, but I wouldn't be able to be as immediate as I'd like if I were an editor - of course, that's me assuming that I'd be constantly reading and rereading every article there and have lots more work to do than probably exists in reality, but hey. :p
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 1:56 pm

Again, chief, may I suggest you involve the dA group in this? Right now, the thick of the community operates there, which has thrived even through your uninvolvement.

There is no point in limiting your outreach for this to the people in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Stabs wrote:
There is no point in limiting your outreach for this to the people in the forum.

It might be better anyway, since I still believe the bulk of the people there aren't even half aware that a wiki exists, haha.
Back to top Go down
Ponyboyace
Helpless prey
Ponyboyace

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 9:18 pm

I would happily do some simple english edits here an there. I have the spare time to do so when I get off work.

Also I like the irony behind the title of this discussion: "wiki ed-ii-ting"
Back to top Go down
ChristianBethel
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ChristianBethel

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 2:16 pm

I would also like to apply for becoming a wiki editor. I'm very good with English and my writing skills are well-developed.
Back to top Go down
https://christianbethel.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Wiki ediiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiki ediiting   Wiki ediiting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiki ediiting
Page 1 of 1