Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yuko, the Titanic Naga

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thesinglemind
Tasty morsel

Yuko, the Titanic Naga Empty
PostSubject: Yuko, the Titanic Naga   Yuko, the Titanic Naga Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Hello there! I'm new to the forum, though I've followed Felarya for quite some time now, and I thought it'd be interesting to see what people were up to here. Here's my first OC for Felarya. Any feedback would be appreciated!

Name: Yuko
Species: Volcanic Naga
Sex: Female
Height: 214 ft (head to ground)
Length ? ft (head to tail)
Skin color: Light Tan
Scales: Dark scales with fire-red patterns and highlights.
Hair: Long and spiky, dark hair with reddened tips at its spikes.
Eye color: Fire red
Other characteristics: Straps large pieces of metal she can find to herself, heating them up and smithing them into shape to serve as clothing and occasionally to heat up as a way to store heat for a brief time.
Predation Tier: Safe (Mostly.)
Foods: Fauna, Flora, and only the most hostile of sapient creatures.

Yuko is a massive volcanic naga, with thick scales and a shapely body. Her sharp eyes look left and right in vigilance, her every muscle at the ready in case of an attack, an array of fire-related death at her fingertips, ready to incinerate all who disturb her... is the bravado she likes to put up.

In truth, Yuko is a brave and excitable gentle giant with a kind heart and boundless curiosity. Her body is indeed large as well as physically strong and tough, but its sheer size does not aid her clumsiness in the slightest, constantly landing her in trouble. Literally at times. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, she's rather naive about other's intentions, and slow on the uptake of more complex concepts and situations, with a lack of spatial awareness that should make most in the path of her travels worry, and a sense of direction as good as a rock's.

She's not to be underestimated for her gentle nature and clumsiness however, as her size alone makes her physically formidable. She has not been slouching in toughening and strengthening herself either, using her hands as her weapons. As a volcanic naga, her magic's been with her for her entire life. She's a competent spellcaster with a clear affinity for fire, as well as a degree of magical resistance, especially when it comes to heat. However, she really does not enjoy conflict or hurting anyone who doesn't actively antagonize her, and mostly uses her magic to keep herself warm, whether by heating herself up, or shaping metal or other heat-holding materials onto herself and heating those up, as her kind is susceptible to brumation even in temperate climates. This also makes her very, very vulnerable to cold magic, and is a fear that lurks in her mind constantly.

Yuko was born in, and has lived her entire life in the Pyrale Mountains, within its volcanoes and structures. She didn't know why, but she grew rather quickly. She made constant trips to hunt and gather food, whether it was vegetation or fauna. But she always steered clear of the small humanoids that moved about. She was curious of them, observing them from a distance, but didn't quite want to approach them just yet.

During a particularly hard year for her, she was forced to attempt to hunt during the winter. Not only was the hunt unsuccessful, her magic was not enough to stave off the cold weather on her way back. She collapsed on the forest floor, and looked on at her home as her eyes closed, feeling a deep sleep pulling at her. That had been the most afraid she'd ever been in her life, fearing she wouldn't wake up again.

However, when she woke up, she found herself close to a group of the small people she'd observed for so long. They had found her, and warmed her with magic and fires. Some thought it a terrible idea, but one compassionate man among them had insisted. A slightly aged magic user with an affinity for fire that went by the name of Aodh. She stayed with them as they helped her recover, and shared their supplies with her. In that time, Aodh regaled her with tales of the world, of the incredible creatures that are out there, as well as the dangers of it all. He told her of his home, and of the many great places where races of his size dwelled. One such place caught her attention, Negev. Too soon for her, they had to part ways, but that encounter had left Yuko changed.

Inspired by the tales of bravery and danger shared with her, Yuko began to prepare herself. Slowly but surely gathering rations and goods. Training her body and her magic, day after day. She wanted to see this world, so she had to be prepared. She promised herself would not have a repeat of that day, where she could have succumbed to the cold. Even as she continued to grow larger, her dream never faltered.

Finally, on a fated day, she departed her life-long home. She began to wander Felarya, even with her terrible sense of direction, her curiosity being her true compass. With Aodh's tales and teachings, she truly set out into the world.

Last edited by thesinglemind on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Yuko, the Titanic Naga   Yuko, the Titanic Naga Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Hm. Its good!

Gramatically there's nothing wrong with this at all.

I have some questions about the second half of her story, however:
-You say she's naturally curious, but errs on the side of caution while watching the humans. This is something I find a bit awkward. Pyrale is quite far out of the way. the Miratans are near the Frost Peak, and the Delurans west of the Great Tree somewhere (underground). I'm wondering how human encampments are surviving out there, what would make her cautious since there's no major human settlement in the area.
-Why do these humans know Negav? Its, as I said, pretty far out. I guess they could have travelled there from the city, but...that would make them quite skillful adventurers to be sure!
Back to top Go down
thesinglemind
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Yuko, the Titanic Naga   Yuko, the Titanic Naga Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:

-You say she's naturally curious, but errs on the side of caution while watching the humans. This is something I find a bit awkward. Pyrale is quite far out of the way. the Miratans are near the Frost Peak, and the Delurans west of the Great Tree somewhere (underground). I'm wondering how human encampments are surviving out there, what would make her cautious since there's no major human settlement in the area.
-Why do these humans know Negav? Its, as I said, pretty far out. I guess they could have travelled there from the city, but...that would make them quite skillful adventurers to be sure!

Ah, I should've been a bit clearer with my formatting. The top half is more a general description of how she is now, rather than part of her actual backstory. But yep! The idea was that the humans were skilled adventurers, hence the stories they were able to tell her.

Indeed there are no real permanent settlements in the area, I just glossed over that a bit in my attempt to keep the post short haha. She observed them from afar at first because they were so far and few in between, but has grown bolder after the direct encounter with them.

Thanks for the reply!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuko, the Titanic Naga   Yuko, the Titanic Naga Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yuko, the Titanic Naga
Page 1 of 1