Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..

Go down 
+26
nksrocks
Feadraug
JohnDoe
racemaster7
French snack
FalconJudge
11cookeaw1
mikeimp
Goldclaw
beefy
Amaroq
S-Guy
A-Eadie
The Joker
Feign
Daimo
Flare
Mentalguy
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Pendragon
TheQuantumMechanic
/Fish/
Malahite
dlausactor6373
Raveolution
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:12 pm

and the end results.

Cyrodiil / The Elder Scrolls: if Felarya connects around the area of Orsinium in High Rock, it's feast city. Sadly, at the same time, the portal is right next to the Bretons, some of the naturally most powerful mages in the land. After gulping down the Orsimer (Orcs), the Bretons greet the invading Giant Nagas with resist magic, reflect magic and reflect damage. There's much room for doubt, though, as to whether or not any fire, lightning, or frost damage spell in all of Cyrodiil (including "enemies explode") can bring down a giant Pred. The ever handy detect life spell might catch hard to detect Preds, though. Drawback for Preds: disease spells can wreak special havoc - as soon as a giant Pred crosses the line, there's no healing Felarya soil to back them up. Drawback for anyone from Cyrodiil: their physical weapons won't even tickle a giant Naga.

Byston Well / Dunbine territory: Aura Battlers turn the table on Great Preds. Tough, superchitinous armor (which utterly laughed off a direct-hit atomic bomb attack by humans) combined with absolutely catastrophic firepower (a single shot from an Aura Battler destroyed most of a human city) make for a rough life for any Great Pred that crosses into Byston Well, or who might be in the way if Aura Battlers begin to explore Felarya. Expect this realm to be cut off right away, and all efforts made to keep even one Aura Battler from crossing over. Note: Aura Battler pilots gotta step out and take a whizz at some point. Best to have a Canopy Fairy waiting when that happens.

Earth, 21st century: expect a variety of diseases to gang up kill Great Preds dead before they get 100 yards past the connection. Worse if humans notice them and unleash smallpox. Expect a huge feast for Great Preds if any humans from here cross into Felarya. The US/Russian Air Force might penetrate via an air war, but their ground support will be one giant moving smorgasboard. US M1Ax Abrams would fall prey to magical attacks by fairies and tail-whacks by Giant Nagas and Bolo tanks ain't been invented yet. Divisions of troops from this era would do little more than invite a Crisis vs Menyssan rematch. If humans and their RPGs, etc. manage to establish a beach-head, expect the insects to take care of that... or the Naxyla Dridders, who could nullify every advantage the humans could bring in a counter-invasion of Felarya. In all, humans crossing into Felarya may run out of ammo before Felarya runs out of deadly preds, great or small.

Faerun: an absolute buffet for Great Preds. Except the Drows. They would give Felaryan preds a workout, but in the end they too would become a delicious part of <name your great pred>'s nutritious breakfast.

The Protoss homeworld: Psychic rampage. Expect that connection to get closed in a hurry.

The Zerg: Most Zerg are simply impossible to eat - especially the Ultralisks. Doesn't mean they won't get stomped or broken into little bite-sized pieces, though. This one's up in the air. But the real entertainment comes when Quaz and Sarah Kerrigan butt heads. Expect that event to be totally sold out as soon as tickets go on sale.

Warhammer40K: uh... no.

Earth, Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars universe: Storm sprites absolutely pwn GDI and Nod. Then Tiberium itself pwns them right back.

The Klingon homeworld: For the first time ever, "Mommy, I'm scared" becomes translated into Klingon.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:33 pm

Ancient Greece-Kratos prevails. 'Nuff said.

Hyrule-Power of the Gods my ass. Extra-spicy pointy-eared human is more like it.

Mobius-Crisis isn't a threat because she's friends with Sonic, but any other pred would prove a challenge.

Corneria-As a very important Felarya rule once stated, "Do a barrel roll! They might find it funny."

Midgar-Three words: SEPH-I-ROTH!!!

Feudal Japan-A certain dog-girl might find her perfect mate here. *cough*ReikoXInuyasha*cough*

AD 2101-All Your Human Are Belong To Us!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:37 pm

Raveolution wrote:
and the end results.

Cyrodiil / The Elder Scrolls: Drawback for anyone from Cyrodiil: their physical weapons won't even tickle a giant Naga.
I can think of a few beings with physical weapons who could hunt preds. Ones besides the protagonist too. Main example being the first survivor of Hircine's hunt.

Magic should work well, though. It also helps that magic is commonplace there.

Quote :
The US/Russian Air Force might penetrate via an air war, but their ground support will be one giant moving smorgasboard.
Depends on how competently led it is (No offense to military personelle, but likely not well enough. There hasn't been any Jungle Wars in how long now?).

At the very least, Tanks will potentially give many Predators a shock until some Storm Sprite comes to pass.

Quote :
US M1Ax Abrams would fall prey to magical attacks by fairies and tail-whacks by Giant Nagas
Problem here is that said Abrams is going to need to be driving through jungle terrain in said scenarios, which is not where tanks are meant to be. Though I guess it's more for infantry comfort so that they can rely on more than man-portable RPGs and the liking.

Quote :
and Bolo tanks ain't been invented yet.
Bolos are overkill on the ground anywhere. They measure their weapons firepower in Megatons per second of fire.

Quote :
If humans and their RPGs, etc. manage to establish a beach-head, expect the insects to take care of that... or the Naxyla Dridders, who could nullify every advantage the humans could bring in a counter-invasion of Felarya. In all, humans crossing into Felarya may run out of ammo before Felarya runs out of deadly preds, great or small.
The bigger problems are going to be the minor insects (Which I believe were all mentioned to be fatal in the Guardian section), and the fact that you're theoretically fighting a war on an infinite front. Push too far, you may wander into a third universe. And let's hope it isn't something like Aliens realm - Facehuggers in Felarya is bound to end poorly for all parties.

Quote :
Faerun: an absolute buffet for Great Preds. Except the Drows.
And Kobolds. Nasty lil' buggers could probably trap anything to death given enough time. I think the statement was something along the lines of: "Pit-trap in room, spikes appear behind and floor slants downward. Those that attempt to jump are hit by deployed rope. Those that miss rope find false flooring on other side of pit-trap."

Quote :
They would give Felaryan preds a workout,
Unless we take Starless Night's "Sun bad run away!" thing to mean Drow are pussies when it comes to daylight.

Quote :
Warhammer40K: uh... no.
What, no love for the ultimate Dystopian realm? I do whole-heartedly agree, though. It's bound to end poorly. Not quite so bad as "Felarya Portal into Q-Continuum", but still end poorly.

Quote :
Earth, Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars universe: Storm sprites absolutely pwn GDI and Nod. Then Tiberium itself pwns them right back.
Tiberium would spread like wildfire on Felarya with the lack of NBC gear.

Quote :
The Klingon homeworld: For the first time ever, "Mommy, I'm scared" becomes translated into Klingon.
While the rest of the Soldier Class charges suicidally forward with their Ba'leths.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 9:42 pm

dlausactor6373 wrote:
Hyrule-Power of the Gods my ass. Extra-spicy pointy-eared human is more like it.
Hey, the Gods could always do what they did when link goes missing: Flood the world and hope for the best.

Quote :
Mobius-Crisis isn't a threat because she's friends with Sonic, but any other pred would prove a challenge.
Sonic canonically moves something like Lightspeed when in Super-Sonic form, and he's also survived re-entry. Sonic realm is just silly. Best bet would be Sega Genesis Era Mobius.

Quote :
Midgar-Three words: SEPH-I-ROTH!!!
I was thinking more "Giant food can" than anything else. Sephiroth spent most the time out of Midgar in places like Wutai to be much help here, and ShinRa at the time was led by a horribly incompetent man.

Quote :
Feudal Japan-A certain dog-girl might find her perfect mate here. *cough*ReikoXInuyasha*cough*
Someone sets it on fire, the rest of Felarya holds a celebration.

My own:

Culture: If they accept the Felaryans, you can bet things will never be the same. This is just about THE Utopian realm. They have genetic modifications up the wazoo (One can biologically change one's own gender over a period of a few months with a thought, and this is encouraged to be done several times in ones life), weapon yields and FTL that would make Starwars envious, etc. Also likely few diseases to harm the Felaryans unless the Culture wants to start a biowarfare.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:10 pm

My take on 21st Century Earth:

First, cryptozoologists will claim that they were right, regardless of what they've actually been ranting about. Second, the world's nations will all claim territory in Felarya. Third, they will fight over it, even while predators pour into Earth and voraraphiles pour into Felarya. Then, out of the ensuing chaos of what could only be described as World War Vore, a French man will appear who rules the world with his blond-haired, teal-scaled naga companion.

The world has just become a Karbtatorship.
Is this awesome: Y/N?

Dominaria: In Magic: The Gathering, Dominaria acts as the hub of the Multiverse because of its inherent stability with other worlds, while Felarya fills that role just as well because of its fickle connections with a greater number of worlds. If the two connected, Planeswalkers and guardians would wage an epic war that would shake the foundations of both planes. I honestly don't know who would win, since Planeswalkers are supposed to be near-omnipotent. I have my own theories about Mercreti and that ancient battle with a powerful sorcerer, but I'll let that be.

Vulcan: Crisis comes home with a new hand sign to show everyone, along with a full belly. Talks about elves with funny eyebrows.

Jumanji: Someone in Felarya opens the Jumanji game. The predators rejoice as food becomes plentiful. The British big game hunter finally finds worthy game, said game finds tasty lunch. Anna eats the lion, etc. The Felaryan sucked into the game, though, will find that life has gotten a hell of a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:12 am

Malahite wrote:
I can think of a few beings with physical weapons who could hunt preds. Ones besides the protagonist too. Main example being the first survivor of Hircine's hunt.

Magic should work well, though. It also helps that magic is commonplace there.
Yeah but what weapon in Cyrodiil is big enough to do the job? I am not cognizant of swords big enough to cut through a giant naga or spells with areas of effect big enough to stop one.

Quote :
Depends on how competently led it is (No offense to military personelle, but likely not well enough. There hasn't been any Jungle Wars in how long now?).

At the very least, Tanks will potentially give many Predators a shock until some Storm Sprite comes to pass.
On Earth, there's a lot of open land. Too many diseases and no healing soil. Mass Pred die-off. In Felarya? Tanks probably rush right into forest territory. In a word: Aurora, or: "Naga-Hulk smash!"

Quote :
Problem here is that said Abrams is going to need to be driving through jungle terrain in said scenarios, which is not where tanks are meant to be. Though I guess it's more for infantry comfort so that they can rely on more than man-portable RPGs and the liking.
I'd say it comes to a draw like with Cyrodiil - the few Great Preds that fail to drop dead just past the portal due to disease, would get put down by the military; but when the military crosses into Felarya... ouch.

If harpy territory is where the connection happens, well, hello RPGs, byebye harpies.

I almost forgot - that could awaken the Miratans. 100 million starving Miratans hear news of humans wasting food outside of Wal Mart = you have no chance to survive make your time!

Quote :
The bigger problems are going to be the minor insects (Which I believe were all mentioned to be fatal in the Guardian section), and the fact that you're theoretically fighting a war on an infinite front. Push too far, you may wander into a third universe. And let's hope it isn't something like Aliens realm - Facehuggers in Felarya is bound to end poorly for all parties.
Facehugged Nagas = Nemyra, who sees all and knows all, immediately hits the panic button.

Quote :
And Kobolds. Nasty lil' buggers could probably trap anything to death given enough time. I think the statement was something along the lines of: "Pit-trap in room, spikes appear behind and floor slants downward. Those that attempt to jump are hit by deployed rope. Those that miss rope find false flooring on other side of pit-trap."
Will they have time to adjust their traps for Crisis?

Quote :
Unless we take Starless Night's "Sun bad run away!" thing to mean Drow are pussies when it comes to daylight.
Hmmm, true. What would be a bitch is if the Preds got full, left, and gifted the Dridders there (these are the original Dridders of all things Dridder, mind you) with a mega growth spell, for the fuck of it. OMFG says the Drow. Gulp says the Dridder.....

Quote :
What, no love for the ultimate Dystopian realm? I do whole-heartedly agree, though. It's bound to end poorly. Not quite so bad as "Felarya Portal into Q-Continuum", but still end poorly.
I hear that. // "Uh, what happened to Felarya?" // "In a word?" // "Yeah, if you please." // "Waaagh!"
Or how about this - what happens to Nemyra, emotionally speaking, when she turns on her see-all-know-all sense and detects Ork spores spreading across the forest and realizes the sheer enormity of the clean-up task ahead of her... which she has exactly TWO hours to complete before a new army rises to join the existing one?

Quote :
Tiberium would spread like wildfire on Felarya with the lack of NBC gear.
And it's picotech, not even a virus.

Quote :
While the rest of the Soldier Class charges suicidally forward with their Ba'leths.
Crisis vs Menyssan III: The Tie Breaker?
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:16 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Jumanji: Someone in Felarya opens the Jumanji game. The predators rejoice as food becomes plentiful. The British big game hunter finally finds worthy game, said game finds tasty lunch. Anna eats the lion, etc. The Felaryan sucked into the game, though, will find that life has gotten a hell of a lot easier.
Oh my God. How about Jumanji: Felarya Edition. Human players unleash Felaryan Great Preds with every roll of the dice. Woe betide the idiot who goes out of turn...
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:39 am

Raveolution wrote:
Oh my God. How about Jumanji: Felarya Edition. Human players unleash Felaryan Great Preds with every roll of the dice. Woe betide the idiot who goes out of turn...

"I hear... Buzzing."
"Fairies!"

"Gurgling, burbling, acid demise
To escape, you must sever your ties."

"Great. Death by digestion. Does this game have any other way of killing you?"

Oh, and instead of tribal drums, the sound the game makes is a gurgling stomach. Just for a bit of Felaryan flavor. Razz
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:16 am

My thoughts on 21st century (real world) humans vs. Felarya:

Depends entirely on where the battles are fought. Preds set foot on Earth, and they might as well start counting the remaining moments of their life. There are a few exceptions, say if they wind up in a secluded and undeveloped region of the world (a rainforest or such), but that just leaves them with a different set of problems altogether. We have homefield advantage here, along with numerical superiority, well-tested combat doctrines (for most armies, anyways) for fighting battles in environments native to Earth, and most important of all... supply infrastructures. On Earth, Pred=Dead. The only real question is how long they manage to last.

On the other hand, if we (modern day humans) set foot on Felaryan soil, the situation flips around entirely. The most critical issue when fighting any type of long-term, large scale battle is logistics. There are other very important factors, but aside from outright annihilation by forces beyond your control, history has proven time and time again that nothing will lose you a battle faster than having your supply lines cut. An army without food, weapons, or the equipment they need to survive a particular environment is as good as dead (barring some miracle or severely mitigating external factor).

It gets even worse when you consider that none of the military doctrines currently in use by any nation really apply to Felarya. Using the various branches of the US military as an example (arguably one of the most highly trained, well-equipped, modernized forces in the world), several problems become evident. We have no doctrine that covers trans-universal warfare, and no idea what to expect on the other side of the portal.

Reconnaissance missions are crucial- blindly sending in ground forces will just make lots of predators very satisfied. Sending in fighters is a waste of time as well; Not only is it not possible to hold territory with aerial superiority alone, but fighters are severely limited in capability by logistical needs (need to refuel, be re-armed, are typically outfitted with equipment packages to suit specific mission requirements, etc.).

Air forces have to have a regional base of some sort to operate from in terms of power projection (the major exceptions are long-range EWAC planes and bombers, but it generally helps to know what you're going to bomb ahead of time!). Random heavy electromagnetic interference on Felarya would also be a problem for modern fighter planes, considering that just about everything is fly-by-wire nowadays; a powerful enough electromagnetic pulse could turn an F-22 into a millions-of-dollars paperweight in midair.

Helicopters would have some of the same problems, but also numerous advantages over fighters in most environments (can provide close air support for suppression, contribute to holding territory by carrying troops, can actually land, more maneuverable with hovering and nape-of-the-earth capability, etc.).

This is one situation where UAVs would be priceless, in terms of gathering intel without massive loss of life. Small, well-trained recon groups with Predator (oh, the irony) drones, UGVs (Unmanned Ground Vehicles), a dedicated strategic C5I (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Combat Systems, and Intelligence) link to the command unit back home, and some sort of Land Warrior gear for squad-level C5I... would be a good start.

All this isn't necessarily going to keep them alive, but it will drastically improve their chances and allow them to gather information and develop effective tactics in real-time- when something happens to them, it will become quickly known to the other squad members and higher-ups, and they can adapt more quickly to the situation. Heavy ground forces (armor, artillery, MLRVs, SAM carriers) would be utterly useless in many situations on Felarya, only marginally useful in most situations, and best reserved for defending whatever forward bases and installations we set up.
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:31 am

dlausactor6373 wrote:

I actually asked her about that. Since Reiko be a full blown lesbian, it wouldn't work well. Though I'd expect several of the girls to go missing, and Reiko to have a full stomach. (not to mention a certain jewel making her a hundred feet tall.)

Star Wars Universe- expect plenty of preds to have aching stomachs, due to eating humanoids that were actually droids. Also, can you say force versus magic?

Universe of mecha- even the guardians are as good as dead. Since there are mecha capable of defying normal physics, and would do very well in their own world and in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Gensokyo (from the Touhou series) : I swear I'm surprised no one thought of this sooner. both of them are almost exactly alike. Touhou has an all female cast (so does Felarya) and in Gensokyo magic is highly dominant over technology. And if you've played Touhou as much as I have you'll know that some of Touhou girls are probably just as powerful as a Giant naga one on one. In short Gensokyo and Felarya could easily co-exist with one another but if something is thrown off balance they could easily destroy each other as well.
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Pendragon wrote:

Universe of mecha- even the guardians are as good as dead. Since there are mecha capable of defying normal physics, and would do very well in their own world and in Felarya.

*snickers*
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Mentalguy wrote:

*snickers*

No comment.

But while I'm here;

Narnia- incase nobody said this, Nemyra would eat the queen and become the new queen unless that talking lion took her on, only to get eaten.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Mentalguy wrote:

*snickers*

No comment.

But while I'm here;

Narnia- incase nobody said this, Nemyra would eat the queen and become the new queen unless that talking lion took her on, only to get eaten.
Crisis + Narnia = Ms Pac Man
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:37 pm

[quote="Pendragon"]
dlausactor6373 wrote:

Star Wars Universe- expect plenty of preds to have aching stomachs, due to eating humanoids that were actually droids. Also, can you say force versus magic?
I was more thinking the fun from Thermal "Vaporize top floor of building" Detonators, and '200 Gigaton' turbolasers.

Quote :
Depends on which Mecha universe. Some are horribly incompetent, others actually have some common sense / wanky insta-win(Would Megas XRL technically count as Mecha?)).
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:23 pm

Malahite wrote:
(Would Megas XRL technically count as Mecha?)).

Of course. All those robots kinda give it away.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Malahite wrote:

Then Felarya is boned as soon as it comes time to press the "Five minutes left in episode" button.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 6:30 am

Malahite wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
Malahite wrote:

Then Felarya is boned as soon as it comes time to press the "Five minutes left in episode" button.
So their best bet is to take that long-armed metal beast down early in the game, eh? (yeah, I know, not likely to happen)

Failing that, well, he's likely to be seen grabbing a Crimson Maiden by the feet and using her as a tailwhack to slap aside the Legions. :eek:
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:48 pm

Silver succubi=Screwed mechs.
Back to top Go down
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:59 pm

Granzon=Screwed Silver Succubi's
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 5:43 pm

Any Eva-unit... Eats its own pilot and lives happily ever after. Razz

I've already mentioned the world of the Claymore anime.
Spoiler:
Also, Isley, Riful and Priscilla would make great additions to the top-of-the-food-chain club.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Feign wrote:
Any Eva-unit... Eats its own pilot and lives happily ever after. Razz
Why would a mother eat their own child?

Tamriel, Vvardenfel, and the other Elder Scrolls nations could be quite scary. For example, the instance where Vivic taught the whole of Vvardenfel a "Water breathing" spell and then flooded the area to deal with one of the invasions. That would go well for some Felaryans. However, by the same notion, it won't be unassailable.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Malahite wrote:
Why would a mother eat their own child?

Happens in nature all the time. And I bet there's some human mothers who sometimes wish they'd eaten their young when they had the chance. (I'm kidding... mostly.) Laughing

Malahite wrote:
Tamriel, Vvardenfel, and the other Elder Scrolls nations could be quite scary. For example, the instance where Vivic taught the whole of Vvardenfel a "Water breathing" spell and then flooded the area to deal with one of the invasions. That would go well for some Felaryans. However, by the same notion, it won't be unassailable.

Indeed. There's some pretty epic stuff happening in the Elder Scrolls universe, and things on that level are just beyond the scope of most Felaryan predators. As I've said before, anyone from any universe whose power level can best be expressed as "Way the hell higher than yours." has effectively negotiated themselves a new place on the food chain (near the top, natch).

Naturally, I have my own thoughts on this topic. I think the humans of our world would be pretty much screwed against Felarya in any situation that didn't heavily favor them (fighting on Felarya as opposed to our Earth, battlefield terrain limiting our capability to use tanks, etc.). However, some humans in general have a pretty good chance.

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis: Not only do they have an effective gate-based combat doctrine, but the Tau'ri have taken on pretty much all challengers in not only their own galaxy, but several others. And that's without even having reached a unified, one-world-government stage. Species far more powerful and technologically advanced than them fear them, respect them, try to destroy them, or turn to them for help against an enemy who is also far more technologically advanced than the humans are... and the Tau'ri still managed to kick their asses.

Humans in the Stargate Universe currently use a combination of advanced technology inherited from the Ancients, advanced technology taken from the factions they've beaten the hell out of (Goa'uld, Replicators, Wraith, Asurans, Genii, etc.- not to mention the Asgard's "parting gift"), and what they know works. "Hmm. That Naqahdah is powerful stuff. Let's make an unstable isotope out of it. And then throw it into a nuclear bomb, and make a multi-gigaton weapon out of it." The SGC would be able to handle Felarya just fine, methinks.

Humans of the "Nasuverse" (Type-Moon works): Uh, I'm going to have to call this one "no contest". Sure, in theory 90 percent of the human population is just snacks for supernatural creatures (even those of their own universe), but being a human is no barrier to obtaining incredible power in the Type-Moon universe.

And by "incredible power", I don't mean "Look, I can set things on fire!". We're talking the ability to destroy all mana in a region, almost perfectly recreate any weapon that ever has existed or ever will exist right down to any mystical properties or powers it has, the ability to destroy the existence of anything that has a destined end to its existence- with a pocketknife, the ability to destroy the existence of anything that has an origin- again with a pocketknife (or sword, or anything else with an edge), the ability to drain the heat out of anything on a molecular level... and those are just the primary abilities of certain human characters.

There's humans in Type-Moon works who possess incredibly powerful Magecraft, at least three who possess True Magic, a few dozen who can manifest a Reality Marble, several who use Conceptual Weapons, and at least one who "owns" a Noble Phantasm. (The Nasuverse also has its own form of Felarya's Guardians, which come in several flavors ranging from "Destroy localized abomination/unbalancing factor" to "Extinction Level Event". Amusingly enough; Alaya, the Counter Force that represents the "Universal Human Will to Live", is one of the latter. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:42 pm

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Stargate SG-1/Atlantis:
Don't forget the Sue-Carter.

Kull Warriors, with that whole short-lifespan thing circumvented on Felarya might be a real horror. Remember that these were guys who took several pounds of C4 and shrugged it off.

Also, whatever they did in the assassin project in Cowboy Bebop for Pierrot Le Fou would be nasty, if the Felaryan Effects stagnated the mental decay. We're speaking persons capable of running around with likely dozens of kilos of weapons, a personal forcefield effective against most ranged weapons, CQC training to put them roughly on par with Bruce Lee (Or beyond) each, levitation, etc.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Malahite wrote:
TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Stargate SG-1/Atlantis:
Don't forget the Sue-Carter.

Indeed, although I much preferred the McKay. Brilliant, annoying, and a total coward. But you really want to get something done? Put him into a situation where his ass is on the line, and he will always come through. High intelligence + a strong sense of self-preservation can be a wonderful thing. Laughing

Malahite wrote:
Kull Warriors, with that whole short-lifespan thing circumvented on Felarya might be a real horror. Remember that these were guys who took several pounds of C4 and shrugged it off.

I am in awe, sir. Shocked I didn't even consider that possibility. Surprised Very, very nasty.

Malahite wrote:
Also, whatever they did in the assassin project in Cowboy Bebop for Pierrot Le Fou would be nasty, if the Felaryan Effects stagnated the mental decay. We're speaking persons capable of running around with likely dozens of kilos of weapons, a personal forcefield effective against most ranged weapons, CQC training to put them roughly on par with Bruce Lee (Or beyond) each, levitation, etc.

Mandatory multiclassing; everybody was required to take at least 5 levels in Badass (Prestige Class). lol!

Last edited by TheQuantumMechanic on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..   Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting worlds/realms for Felarya to connect to..
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next