Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Empty
PostSubject: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:53 am

Alright, this kind of came from a bump in the road I hit while thinking about continuing drawing Mica. You know, since she actually has a body and isn't just a floating head and neck. Razz

Now, do the different neko tribes have any sort of tribal clothing? I would think that they would have their own sorts of garments depending on the tribes, either to distinguish rank or title, or just to distinguish between different tribes without getting confused.

Honestly, as odd as this sounds, I'm just looking for an excuse not to draw her without clothes, since I am really not good at that, but I really don't know what a neko would wear. Embarassed All I can think of at the moment is maybe something between native clothing and religious clothing.

Last edited by S-Guy on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:23 pm

I see Neko garments being the same as any human's really as of that level of advancement. You may just see them draped in furs if low tech, wool or cotton clothes as you move up, etc. I don't really imagine whole villages of naked Nekos [Or, at least, them being the average]. That's not to say there's no rumors circling around the clothed villages among the males of lost Amazonian tribes of Neko women.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 8:58 pm

Malahite wrote:
I see Neko garments being the same as any human's really as of that level of advancement. You may just see them draped in furs if low tech, wool or cotton clothes as you move up, etc. I don't really imagine whole villages of naked Nekos [Or, at least, them being the average]. That's not to say there's no rumors circling around the clothed villages among the males of lost Amazonian tribes of Neko women.

Yeah, since nekos, being the size of humans, would actually have clothes to fit them, as opposed to all the giant predators. Now what I'm trying to imagine are the colors and designs on the clothing, my guess for the Scorching Claws would be shades of red/yellow/orange, but I've got nothing for possible designs. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:36 pm

UPDATE: Ok, I didn't feel like making a new thread for this, and since it kind of stemmed from this topic:

Alright, now one of the things I came across when considering clothing was would each tribe have it's own logo/emblem/insignia? I only have several ideas in progress, and those need a little more work. This pretty much falls into the same category as clothing, differentiating tribes, tribal rank, etc.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:41 pm

you know what S-Guy i have actually thought up of a tribe For my Character Miiko.

So yeah basically the only thing about Miiko's tribe is that they like to wear African style masks for hunting and an Egyptian symbol for their tribe *i think it is the mark of Horus* but as for the name..well i haven't thought of it yet, but their style of clothing is a cross between Egyptian and Mid-Evil style of clothing and their weapons also range with in that category as well except for their ability to use which falls under greek/roman/Mid-Evil era of magic.

Hope this kinda helps you in styles/weapons/insignias department. Plz don't be mad at me that's just the way Miiko's people dress. *it's actaully mentioned in the first chapter of my story. well the clothing, the weapons, and the mask are anyway*
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:12 pm

I can sense that might end up as a new thread! lol!

Sounds like a cool idea, and it could be really great if you expand on it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:44 pm

what do you mean by a new thread? and i'll try to expand on Miiko's tribe somewhat*it sounds like a great info story*
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:19 pm

Goldclaw wrote:
what do you mean by a new thread?

I meant that. V Razz

Goldclaw wrote:
...and i'll try to expand on Miiko's tribe somewhat*it sounds like a great info story*
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:32 pm

ah! ok but their clothing differs from one person to the next as well as their weapons., so its kinda hard to explain it but the clothing and the weapons are generally in the Egyptian and Mid-Evil clothing a weapons*it extremely vares* im still working on the name, something that shows that they are a force to be recken with.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:50 pm

OOO! I got de name for Miiko's tribe. De 'Egyptische Draak' Clan. It means Egyptian Dragon which is what they call them self since they form dragon scales on their bodies to fight in impossible fights and make them possible fights. *Hmmm. I don't think that they are half dragons but they can use some dragon abilities and can change some parts of their bodies to dragon parts* ...wow I just thought of that while i was typing it. Idea this has to be one of my best ideas yet!
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 pm

Be careful, the ability to spawn Dragon Scales is not something likely to be well received overall. Others may not like how you are giving them draconic traits. I do however like how you stated it's done during impossible fights. If I may offer a suggestion, perhaps have them worship a being that offers blessings to its followers instead of saying it happens naturally? Those that prove their faith in battle are armored by their Lord so that they may better spread his word. Those who show the utmost zeal in the being are graced with 'gifts' in he image of their master.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Malahite wrote:
Be careful, the ability to spawn Dragon Scales is not something likely to be well received overall. Others may not like how you are giving them draconic traits. I do however like how you stated it's done during impossible fights. If I may offer a suggestion, perhaps have them worship a being that offers blessings to its followers instead of saying it happens naturally? Those that prove their faith in battle are armored by their Lord so that they may better spread his word. Those who show the utmost zeal in the being are graced with 'gifts' in he image of their master.

I understand what your saying about the scales and its only formed by a rare type of magic/power called "ancient dragoon" *this deals with the Ancients and the Dracians*. and yes they do kinda worship a god type figure but their powers come from their ancestors the Ancients*they are the younger descendants of the tenth generation of Ancients that is living on Felarya* Hmmm I think I'll start a new topic about them but I'll wait for S-Guys response on the matter. *this is going to be fun*
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 pm

I still think that it should have its own thread, since its an interesting idea overall. I like Malahite's "Faith" idea, it sounds like a good way to let them have their dragon traits, instead of controlling them at will. Smile
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:43 pm

ok i will start a new thread but not to night since i have gtg in a few minutes but i would be happy if you two could help me with this idea and who knows maybe I'll even draw their clan symbol*im good symbols* and some of their weapons too. well goodnight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!   Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tribal Clothing. UPDATE: Also Tribal Emblems!
Page 1 of 1