Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Savor Every Moment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Savor Every Moment Empty
PostSubject: Savor Every Moment   Savor Every Moment Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:49 pm

Okay, I hate to do blatant advertising, outside of my sig, but I wrote a journal entry on DA that I think is really important, pertaining to this time of year. I'll post it here, too, so you don't have to go anywhere. Please read all of it. It's probably the most important piece of writing I'll ever do.

"You know, I figure that with all the love going around, people tend to forget about guys like me. So here's a sobering fact: Valentine's Day has the second-highest suicide rate of the year, right behind Christmas. It's easy to see why, through the eyes of a depressed and jaded lover, ah?

Not that I mean to get all mopey. Candy goes on sale, and I usually buy myself some nice sweets. I figure, hey, at least I love myself, and God loves me. What more do I need?

But I can't help feeling so empty this time of year. Two years ago, I proposed to my ex, and though she accepted, she left me a few months later. June 27 will make the two-year anniversary of that, as well as the two-year anniversary of my only suicide attempt.

I'm not here to generate pity, so don't get all frazzled-up. I think it's worked out for the better, in the long run. I'm just saying, while you're puttin' the squeeze on your gal or guy, just remember, in the back of your mind, to savor every last moment of it.

A friend of my friend died in a car accident on Friday morning. My friend was in tears, and I didn't really know how to help her. All I could do was think of my own losses, and how we so often take it all for granted. So don't. Don't ever take it for granted."
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Savor Every Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savor Every Moment   Savor Every Moment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:27 am

Words to live by, man. Words to live by.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Savor Every Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savor Every Moment   Savor Every Moment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 11:53 am

I definitely agree with your sentiments, it's something more people should think about.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

Savor Every Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savor Every Moment   Savor Every Moment Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks. I was afraid it sounded too emo at first.
Back to top Go down
DarkPuppet-guy
Naga food
DarkPuppet-guy

Savor Every Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savor Every Moment   Savor Every Moment Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Amen to this.
Amen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Savor Every Moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Savor Every Moment   Savor Every Moment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Savor Every Moment
Page 1 of 1