Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]

Go down 
+12
Whiteagle
French snack
Hunter
gwadahunter2222
L'Ryn
ZionAtriedes
Pendragon
GREGOLE
observer88
Reptillian
Karbo
ElPortero
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ElPortero
Porter of Hell Gate
ElPortero

The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Empty
PostSubject: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 am

Since my girl has become a part of Felarya lore, it seems only appropriate to let her have her own thread here on the forums! Here's where you can discuss the ongoing adventures of jungle giantess Elle.

And I want to stress right here up front (because I know it will come up, because it has) that people expressing their opinion that Elle is "an overgrown bitch" is perfectly acceptable in my book. While the wording is indeed a tad strong, thus far every person that has had that point of view has been very kind in not attacking me as a writer, and has appropriately directed their opinion at the character. I want to thank those people for making the distinction between writer and creation; that fact is most appreciated. So please do not attack those people for having that opinion. As long as it is appropriately directed, I find no offense in it, and neither should anyone else.

That said, I love that Elle has sparked debate on her philosophy. A large part of why I developed her the way I did was to act as a conduit for determining the best way to live, the best overarching viewpoint of the world. How is Elle so different from Crisis in her viewpoint? Is it her bluntness that puts people off, or is it the fact that she never waivers from her worldview, never expands it? I love debating those kinds of questions, because it helps us better understand ourselves and where we fit in the world. So I encourage this kind of discussion.

I also encourage talk of her enormous, sexy belly, so there's something for everyone here, as far as I'm concerned. Smile

Anyway, thank you for all the love and support people have given me on this writing endeavor. Writing Elle's story has opened up whole new worlds of possibilities for me, and I look forward to exploring them with you as her saga continues.

The Adventures of Elle
Part I - Deadly Innocence Or: You Can't Reason with the Law of the Jungle
Part II - When Worlds Collide Or: Let's Get Something Good to Eat
Part III - Precious Cargo Or: What's a Meal Between Preds?

Last edited by ElPortero on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.elportero.net/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:17 pm

I am really looking forwatd to the next part ! Wink
And I applaude your open mind-ness on opinions expressed on your character.. however allow me to step in a bit there ^^;

If people want to express opinions on Elle, please keep it courteous and not agressive or I will bite..
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:23 pm

where does the impression that she is "an overgrown bitch" come from, i have only seen her on the wiki and nothing there states that. or am i just blind???
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 1:52 pm

I don't know, they probably interpret her strict following of this "law of the jungle" as an excuse for her to eat humans despite the possibility of reasoning with them. I don't really see this as logical. I haven't read the stories, so I don't have an opinion on this.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Quote :
I don't know, they probably interpret her strict following of this "law of the jungle" as an excuse for her to eat humans despite the possibility of reasoning with them. I don't really see this as logical. I haven't read the stories, so I don't have an opinion on this.

Um, no, we, or at least I, hate her because I've read through all of the stories pertaining to her, and have concluded that she's a bitch and I hate her. I could explain it, but that would A. be ranting, and B. Start up a debate, and I am reeeeeeeeeeeee-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-heaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllly not in the mood for that. But let's just say if I met her, we wouldn't exactly click on a personal level.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And for the record, I hated her before it was cool. XP
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:28 am

I personally don't hate Elle. As many of you know from the IRC, when you're a giant in Felarya, you gotta eat after all.

Some people will hate you for it, but hey. Not everyone can like you. And it beats the alternative of starving, or possibly trying out different foods flora wise(which in Felarya could prove fatal)

She has a sexiness about her that's not too far off from Crisis herself, and yet it's very unique, in that she's a humanoid giantess that enjoys the perks that many other predators take leisure in. Don't be fooled, the lifestyle of a predator can be very addicting. Why do you think Anna
"snaps and eats humans" once in a while? You gotta admit, it's more than her instincts at work.

I don't really have a solid stance here, but just know that I'm a hypocrite and that if she ate me, I'd be cursing my brains out at her. I'm not gonna lie to you about that. Who wouldn't?
Back to top Go down
ElPortero
Porter of Hell Gate
ElPortero

PostSubject: Elle's Philosophy   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Karbo wrote:
If people want to express opinions on Elle, please keep it courteous and not agressive or I will bite.
Well, your forum, your rules. I just wanted to make sure people knew I wasn't offended. However, yes, it is also my preference for cordial discussion. But I can also swear up a storm, so I can't really put my foot down and tell others they can't. Very Happy

observer88 wrote:
I don't know, they probably interpret her strict following of this "law of the jungle" as an excuse for her to eat humans despite the possibility of reasoning with them.
Bingo. One person put it very well that he saw in her the same arrogance he saw in normal people living around him. That they were "on top" and thus had domain over everything. Which took me aback, because seeing that point of view really made me think. Now, the thing that makes it different to me is Elle's acceptance of being a possibility for food herself, we just haven't seen that scenario in action, because no where else she's been has held that possibility. So, has that change of environment made her the way she is now? That's a topic you can bet I'll be exploring in the future, because it interests me greatly.

(For anyone who wants hints at the ideas with which I'm ultimately playing, check out the writings of Daniel Quinn. My life was never the same after I read his work.)

GREGOLE wrote:
Um, no, we, or at least I, hate her because I've read through all of the stories pertaining to her, and have concluded that she's a bitch and I hate her. I could explain it, but that would A. be ranting, and B. Start up a debate, and I am reeeeeeeeeeeee-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-he-heaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllly not in the mood for that. But let's just say if I met her, we wouldn't exactly click on a personal level.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And for the record, I hated her before it was cool. XP
GREGOLE, first of all, you get major points for quoting Dr. Cox. Second, you certainly get due credit for speaking your mind first, a fact I greatly admired. Now, one of the things you have to keep in mind is that Ravana's stories of Elle take place...well...in a different sort of time than mine do. But you are absolutely correct in that she does do some pretty bitchy things, all in the name of following her philosophy. It's a perfect parable for how a good thing can go wrong without some sort of empathy attached to it. That's part of why I love Ravana's stories: He saw where Elle's philosophy would eventually lead her. Think I, Robot (the movie) and apply it to a predator with a philosophy like Elle's. How does she arrive at such a place? How does she get out of it? Where do the lines get drawn? Can they even be drawn? (Because she is in fact s a good person and cares.) All questions we wrestle with in our daily lives. So, no debate with you here. Just saying you were the first to pick up on the fact that something was rotten in the state of Denmark, and I owe you great thanks for seeing past the vore and calling it for what it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elportero.net/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:27 pm

My personal beef is that I simply disagree with her philosophy, and find it crudely primitive. However, in such Darwinian reasoning, the prey could also not be blamed for whatever it may do... which is where the Guardians step in and prevent that. I find the double standard quite annoying, myself.

Case in point: If the "law of the jungle" is that anything that can be eaten is food... then on the other end of the table, anything that may eat you is a threat, and shouldn't blame you for tracking it and killing it relentlessly. And yet, they are blamed. Double... standard.

It's all about being on top, as has been said. According to Darwinian theories, the fittest survive. Unfortunately, the Guardians make that impossible in Felarya. Admit it, guys: were they not around, Felarya would be a battleground... for a war between HUMAN empires. Perhaps a few alien ones. And other factions, too. But humans would have a serious fighting chance.

This keeps Felarya in a primitive state. So perhaps Elle's philosophy works there. But, I repeat, that can be turned against her. If a powerful "prey" individual were captured, that individual has the right to attack and kill Elle much in the same way she would do to him/her... according to her law, anyways.

Not to shamelessly advertise my own writings, but a good example of prey turning the tables is explained in my third chapter, during Cephas's pre-battle speech.

A few chapters later had a pretty good quote: “We are on a different world. This is obvious. We must either adapt, as animals do... or change it, as humans do,” Leif said, “or perish in it, as all things do. We do not rule in this world. Nothing rules but the basic laws of Nature: eat or be eaten.” His voice was almost emotionless, as he laid out the facts and logic, as usual. “It is natural to be disturbed by this, seeing as how we were all raised in a society where humans defied such basic concepts, while simultaneously clinging to them.”

And now, I'll stop advertising. XD

Last edited by ZionAtriedes on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:34 pm

El Portero, I personally, would like to see how she fares against Raison. I'd be happy and honored to do a collab with you. I personally think it would be interesting! Elle vs. a Monster. <3
Check this out if you want to see a sneak peek of him.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Wait... YOU are the one who created Raisson?
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:51 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Wait... YOU are the one who created Raison?

Uhm, yes? Is there something wrong with that? TT-TT
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:55 pm

L'Ryn wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Wait... YOU are the one who created Raison?

Uhm, yes? Is there something wrong with that? TT-TT
No. I just never... put two and two together.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:11 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
My personal beef is that I simply disagree with her philosophy, and find it crudely primitive. However, in such Darwinian reasoning, the prey could also not be blamed for whatever it may do... which is where the Guardians step in and prevent that. I find the double standard quite annoying, myself.

Case in point: If the "law of the jungle" is that anything that can be eaten is food... then on the other end of the table, anything that may eat you is a threat, and shouldn't blame you for tracking it and killing it relentlessly. And yet, they are blamed. Double... standard.

It's all about being on top, as has been said. According to Darwinian theories, the fittest survive. Unfortunately, the Guardians make that impossible in Felarya. Admit it, guys: were they not around, Felarya would be a battleground... for a war between HUMAN empires. Perhaps a few alien ones. And other factions, too. But humans would have a serious fighting chance.

This keeps Felarya in a primitive state. So perhaps Elle's philosophy works there. But, I repeat, that can be turned against her. If a powerful "prey" individual were captured, that individual has the right to attack and kill Elle much in the same way she would do to him/her... according to her law, anyways.

It's an interesting point of view but I'm not agree with you.

The concept of law of jungle refers to the necessity to kill, and the relation between life and death. You have to eat if you want to live but you have to kill if you want to eat so to live. The plants are killed by the herbivore and the herbivore are killed by the carnivore. If they don't do that there is no life, if you ask for the carnivore when it die it is eaten by other life forms and the rest of it corpse feed the ground which will give plant. Many people tend to forget the food chain is not stairway where the life form which is at the top is superior to the other. No it's a circle where there is no top and no down because no matter what you can claim since the moment you will die your body will eaten. Eating is at the same time the beginning and the end.

Quote :

Sorry to quote you twice but this part need a better answer, if we follow your answer a cow has the right to track you and kill you relentlessly because it's your food so you are threat for it. And it applies to the grass it eats. The concept of threat it's a way to evaluate a situation and to find a suited answer. If someone want to kill you, you don't have to blame him but I doubt you will let him kill you. And you can kill him because you have the right to defend yourself. The "law of jungle" allow it.

Quote :

Humans evolve in general in world where there is the only sentient race, they never face another creature which can really challenge their intelligence. Felarya is world full of mystery and secrets which can surpass human's comprehension. It's a wide, unstable and changing place, if humans are not advantaged it doesn't mean necessary it's the Guardian's fault. Many people think the guardian are behind the fact humans are not the dominant species it can be true or false, but you have to admit to human are not the creature of god as they tend to think,they are mortal, they have to eat to live and when they die their body are eaten by other life forms, they belong to the food chain too.

The Guardians' role is to protect the balance of Life and death, any RACES which are a threat to this balance may fear them, why humans don't like them because any change humans did is always for their own interest, they didn't care too much about the consequence on the other life forms or the other humans. The HUMANS has a dark past with the death of many lives humans and not. Their nature is unstable and can because threat for themselves, the causes of the fall of many empires are mainly internal, the external causes are mostly consequences of them.

I said the food chain has not really a top or a bottom, and I don't think the Guardians oppose to Darwinian theories or anything else. If you claim there is one I will ask you if you are immortal. It's the only way to be at the top it's the fact you can not be killed. It's true on Earth only a human can kill other humans in general but it happens only in specific situation, so they are not facing death as when they were living in the wild life. They have lost the notion of danger and they forget forget how to live in a place where everything is not monitored or under control as their modern and daily life.

Quote :
Indeed it can be turn against her but against the powerful "prey" you quote, because it's a double edge law. An overconfident predator can be killed during a hunt, and careless prey can be eaten by a predator. According to the situation a creature can be a prey or a predator, for example a lion can be killed by the horns of the buffalo it was hunting. The fact humans die in Felarya are sometime their lack of knowledge of the place or their overconfidence due to the fact in their homeworld they don't have "predators."
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Hunter
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:19 pm

What I'm about to say pertains to the entire prey/predator stance, based mainly on Nekos, more than it does to Elle, but I was here when I thought of it so...

With Nekos in Felarya, it makes little sense to me that they think they can complain about being eaten by a larger predator, as they get the reverse experience with mice(Nagas(Or Elle) are to Nekos as Nekos are to mice.).
Back to top Go down
http://X89.deviantart.com
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:34 pm

I suppose the main difference between Elle and Crisis is that Elle has a philosophy of sorts (even if it's a crude one), whereas Crisis... doesn't really think much (if at all) about the moral implications of her natural diet. Crisis' view seems to be "It's tasty, it's wriggly, and it's good for me, so I eat it". Whereas Elle considers the moral issue, and dismisses it through a form of reasoning.

Or, to put it another way, Crisis doesn't see humans as people, whereas Elle, apparently, does. Crisis never gives serious consideration to the idea that eating humans might be wrong, whereas Elle seems to have considered it, and reasoned her way round it for selfish enjoyment. (Much in the way that humans try to rationalise eating meat and downplay the ethical issues, really.)

I don't hate Elle. I think she's obviously selfish, but, the way I see her, she's genuinely persuaded herself that eating people isn't wrong. Her starting point may be a fundamentally hypocritical one, but she seems to have convinced herself.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:58 pm

While I didn't read enough to criticise your writing El, I am glad that you see that Elle's philosophy might not be a good one to have.
It's (in my mind, failed) attempt to justify logically Elle's diet actually makes her sound more... human.
However, it is Characters like Elle that have cemented my decision to not have Whiteagle in Felarya for "Extended Periods of Time".
======================================================================================
ZionAtriedes wrote:

Sorry to nit-pick Zion... but Darwinian theories aren't about being "On Top".
They are about being best adapted to your nitch in your environment.
Since Felarya is a place that (For reasons well know to us) favors Predators with Human Female Upper Bodies that are Voracious in their diet, then said half Girly Preds thrive.
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
Snip

It's an interesting point of view but I'm not agree with you.

The concept of law of jungle refers to the necessity to kill, and the relation between life and death. You have to eat if you want to live but you have to kill if you want to eat so to live. The plants are killed by the herbivore and the herbivore are killed by the carnivore. If they don't do that there is no life, if you ask for the carnivore when it die it is eaten by other life forms and the rest of it corpse feed the ground which will give plant. Many people tend to forget the food chain is not stairway where the life form which is at the top is superior to the other. No it's a circle where there is no top and no down because no matter what you can claim since the moment you will die your body will eaten. Eating is at the same time the beginning and the end.

Quote :
Snip

Sorry to quote you twice but this part need a better answer, if we follow your answer a cow has the right to track you and kill you relentlessly because it's your food so you are threat for it. And it applies to the grass it eats. The concept of threat it's a way to evaluate a situation and to find a suited answer. If someone want to kill you, you don't have to blame him but I doubt you will let him kill you. And you can kill him because you have the right to defend yourself. The "law of jungle" allow it.

Quote :
Snip

Humans evolve in general in world where there is the only sentient race, they never face another creature which can really challenge their intelligence. Felarya is world full of mystery and secrets which can surpass human's comprehension. It's a wide, unstable and changing place, if humans are not advantaged it doesn't mean necessary it's the Guardian's fault. Many people think the guardian are behind the fact humans are not the dominant species it can be true or false, but you have to admit to human are not the creature of god as they tend to think,they are mortal, they have to eat to live and when they die their body are eaten by other life forms, they belong to the food chain too.

The Guardians' role is to protect the balance of Life and death, any RACES which are a threat to this balance may fear them, why humans don't like them because any change humans did is always for their own interest, they didn't care too much about the consequence on the other life forms or the other humans. The HUMANS has a dark past with the death of many lives humans and not. Their nature is unstable and can because threat for themselves, the causes of the fall of many empires are mainly internal, the external causes are mostly consequences of them.

I said the food chain has not really a top or a bottom, and I don't think the Guardians oppose to Darwinian theories or anything else. If you claim there is one I will ask you if you are immortal. It's the only way to be at the top it's the fact you can not be killed. It's true on Earth only a human can kill other humans in general but it happens only in specific situation, so they are not facing death as when they were living in the wild life. They have lost the notion of danger and they forget forget how to live in a place where everything is not monitored or under control as their modern and daily life.

Quote :
Snip
Indeed it can be turn against her but against the powerful "prey" you quote, because it's a double edge law. An overconfident predator can be killed during a hunt, and careless prey can be eaten by a predator. According to the situation a creature can be a prey or a predator, for example a lion can be killed by the horns of the buffalo it was hunting. The fact humans die in Felarya are sometime their lack of knowledge of the place or their overconfidence due to the fact in their homeworld they don't have "predators."
Alright... I have to tell you this right now:
This is a pile of weaksauce, Human-hating, Nihilistic BS!!!
The "Real Law" of nature is not "Kill or be Kill" or "Eat or be Eaten"...
It's "Eat (Which may or may not require killing) or face Starvation (Which increases the likeliness of dying, especially by means of being eaten)"!!!!
Most "Simple Minded" Predators don't see everything as a meal, just whatever it is they eat whenever they need food.
Furthermore, the "Cycle of Life" justification doesn't WORK on Felarya because EVERYTHING IS TECHNICALLY IMMORTAL!!!
I'm sorry about this... but it's a weak argument based on weak ideas.
=================================================================================
Something extra to add, my idea for "Whiteagle's Story" was to an adventure between him and a Naga with a philosophic justification similar to Elle's.
Instead of citing "The Law of the Jungle" however, this Naga use the simpler to explain "Because I'm Bigger and Because I Can".
Of course, hearing this makes her eccentric Human Prey "Activate" as Whiteagle, resulting in a poetic shrinking.
This would lead to a lot of "Teaching" (Read Torturing), a bit of a comedic romance, and the Naga's switch to a "Don't Tread On Me" outlook.
Buuut... since the story required Whiteagle to stay in Feralya for a journey to try and alter things just slightly enough that being eaten isn't an end game (and that's not happening), I don't have a reason why Whiteagle would stick around and develop such a relationship.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Alright... I have to tell you this right now:
This is a pile of weaksauce, Human-hating, Nihilistic BS!!!
It's "Eat (Which may or may not require killing) or face Starvation (Which increases the likeliness of dying, especially by means of being eaten)"!!!!
Most "Simple Minded" Predators don't see everything as a meal, just whatever it is they eat whenever they need food.
Furthermore, the "Cycle of Life" justification doesn't WORK on Felarya because EVERYTHING IS TECHNICALLY IMMORTAL!!!
I'm sorry about this... but it's a weak argument based on weak ideas.

1)I know this law perfectly
Quote :
It's funny because it confirms the "necessity to kill" what I mean by that in a wild environment you will face situations when you will have to kill to survive.

2)You are not real immortal in Felarya, you don't die from old age or disease but you can be killed, or die in accident or from a severe injuries you are still mortal what you gain in Felarya is a sort of Eternal youth and good health.

3) since the moment a creature dies it will end eaten not necessary by the killer, the process of decomposition is due to by the action of bacteria and other small living creatures which feed on the dead bodies. It's like that the living being are recycled in the nature.

4)I'm not a human-hater but I'm not glorify humans and claiming they are the creatures of god neither.

5)English is not my main language, I ahve difficulties to explain my point of view as I want. I'm sorry if they look weak for you.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:08 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
1)I know this law perfectly
No... you don't...
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Quote :
It's funny because it confirms the "necessity to kill" what I mean by that in a wild environment you will face situations when you will have to kill to survive.
Problem is, this isn't about human beings stuck in a rain-forest... it's about animals who LIVE in said rain-forest.
Unless the animal is a Pure Carnavore... it will never be faced with a "Kill to Survive" situation.
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
2)You are not real immortal in Felarya, you don't die from old age or disease but you can be killed, or die in accident or from a severe injuries you are still mortal what you gain in Felarya is a sort of Eternal youth and good health.
Hence the "TECHNICALLY" in front...
In "Real" nature, things have to DIE of old age and disease, otherwise you get population inflation.
I don't care how many "Pred Killers" there are... if they aren't dying off from natural causes they are going to cause strain on the whole environment.
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
3) since the moment a creature dies it will end eaten not necessary by the killer, the process of decomposition is due to by the action of bacteria and other small living creatures which feed on the dead bodies. It's like that the living being are recycled in the nature.
See above.
gwadahunter2222 wrote:
4)I'm not a human-hater but I'm not glorify humans and claiming they are the creatures of god neither.
And I agree that man has no right to claim superiority over nature...
That said, I believe Sentence is something God likes, because SOMEBODY had to fix the odds for humans to be this successful
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:26 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
No... you don't...
You are free to think what you want Wink

Whiteagle wrote:

Problem is, this isn't about human beings stuck in a rain-forest... it's about animals who LIVE in said rain-forest.
Unless the animal is a Pure Carnavore... it will never be faced with a "Kill to Survive" situation.
The grass and vegetals when they are eaten by an herbivore they die most of the case and this same herbivore when it face to a predators even if they tend to run away first, if they have no possibility to escape they can kill when they defend themselves.

Whiteagle wrote:

Hence the "TECHNICALLY" in front...
In "Real" nature, things have to DIE of old age and disease, otherwise you get population inflation.
I don't care how many "Pred Killers" there are... if they aren't dying off from natural causes they are going to cause strain on the whole environment.
I don't share this point of view the dying by old age and disease are one of the factors of mortality. Creature who don't have natural predator and a long life expectancy tends to not breed a lot. There are other factors which allow to control of a population.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:33 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
The grass and vegetals when they are eaten by an herbivore they die most of the case and this same herbivore when it face to a predators even if they tend to run away first, if they have no possibility to escape they can kill when they defend themselves.
No...
Grass is made to take a grazing and keep on blazing, you needed to eat the roots to kill it...
Most Vegetables are edible because being eaten is a part of the plants REPRODUCTIVE CYCLE!!!
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
No...
Grass is made to take a grazing and keep on blazing, you needed to eat the roots to kill it...
Most Vegetables are edible because being eaten is a part of the plants REPRODUCTIVE CYCLE!!!
It's true for the vegetables to be eaten it's a part of their reproductions cycle but I suppose you know an overpopulation of herbivores can be disastrous to the surrounding vegetation.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:45 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:

It's true for the vegetables to be eaten it's a part of their reproductions cycle but I suppose you know an overpopulation of herbivores can be disastrous to the surrounding vegetation.
Yes, it also has the effect of killing off said herbivores with starvation...
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Yes, it also has the effect of killing off said herbivores with starvation...
yes indeed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:39 pm

You guys can debate this whole thing amongst yourselves all you want.

But my conclusion is firm and set on a solid foundation.

Elle is a bitch. She treats people like crap, she preaches her morals to people WHILE eating them, and she's just all around the kind of woman I would come to loathe in a social situation. She's a smug, self-centered bitch. It has far less to do with her eating habits than it does with her all around attitude.

When Crisis eats someone, provided the writer is competent, I find her lovable and interesting because of it.

When Elle eats someone, she comes off as 24-karat villain without a hero to put her in her place.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:55 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
You guys can debate this whole thing amongst yourselves all you want.

But my conclusion is firm and set on a solid foundation.

Elle is a bitch. She treats people like crap, she preaches her morals to people WHILE eating them, and she's just all around the kind of woman I would come to loathe in a social situation. She's a smug, self-centered bitch. It has far less to do with her eating habits than it does with her all around attitude.

When Crisis eats someone, provided the writer is competent, I find her lovable and interesting because of it.

When Elle eats someone, she comes off as 24-karat villain without a hero to put her in her place.
Which is why Whiteagle should NOT get anywhere NEAR her...

Lessons would be taught... ironically...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]   The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Elle [Latest Story - Precious Cargo]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next