Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?

Go down 
+5
Anime-Junkie
ZionAtriedes
zelda31
Malahite
Darkstorm Zero
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:11 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
More along the lines of Creations opposite, a fundamental force, rather than a state of mind or intangible concept.

Void erases, Genesis creates / recreates.
Yet the two are the same, there cannot be creation without destruction, nor destruction without creation.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 am

Whiteagle wrote:
Darkstorm Zero wrote:
More along the lines of Creations opposite, a fundamental force, rather than a state of mind or intangible concept.

Void erases, Genesis creates / recreates.
Yet the two are the same, there cannot be creation without destruction, nor destruction without creation.

There was a simple force before the very creation of the multiverse, that held in one essence the creation and destruction. That gave origin to both systems. Just after the birth of the multiverse the creation-destruction circle gained a sense.

If your Freedom entity makes part or shares the power of this basic force, being able to handle both of the basic absolute powers... it's going a little too far. OR you can make it become simply the multiverse.
Imagine. The whole dimensional system, gods, and everything you could imagine are the flesh, bones and skin of this entity. Its body.

But still, about this topic degeneration, I have to say one thing...

People, I mean.
Personally, I find funnier to create characters that can not destroy universes, or be so overpowered that they can't be even touched... the more weaknesses it has, the more interesting it gets to make it survive. This eager to create the simply most powerful entityis just the mad fantasy that could result from an angered nerd mind... and I bet, and really hope, that we can do better than that. And I truly believe that we're superior to that.
Think about it, absolute characters give give simply no chances. No originality. It's too easy. The "absolute" concept is damn attractive and easy to flesh out, but also, it has been seen quite enough and it bores like hell.
Who cares about this useless fight about "who created the most powerful entity". Or what divine / over-divine / universal force is stronger. You're free to fly away with your fantasy but still... keep your feet on Felarya. Or create other dimensional systems where your mighty entities can unleash their powers. My only, humble advice. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:45 am

I consider the more "bad-ass" characters to be the ones who have little powers but still are able to succeed dispite this. An angry child stomping on ants may be considered "god-like" to the ants, but it doesn't make him cool or interesting. And having too many of those characters together would get ridiculous and turn Felarya into Dragon Ball Z...
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:31 am

agreed sometimes there is such a thing as too much power
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:25 pm

nksrocks wrote:
There was a simple force before the very creation of the multiverse, that held in one essence the creation and destruction. That gave origin to both systems. Just after the birth of the multiverse the creation-destruction circle gained a sense.

If your Freedom entity makes part or shares the power of this basic force, being able to handle both of the basic absolute powers... it's going a little too far. OR you can make it become simply the multiverse.
Imagine. The whole dimensional system, gods, and everything you could imagine are the flesh, bones and skin of this entity. Its body.
This is why you should NEVER try and enforce your Creation myth on someone...
In my 'Verse, there was first a realm full of Ideals.
These Ideals promptly ate any others that were similar to themselves.
Once all that was left was differentiated enough not to be eaten by the others, the "Good" and "Evil" Ideals started to "fight" for supremacy.
This was pointless, however, because Ideals have a binary definition of self (either it is you or it isn't you) and one side couldn't destroy the other for fear of losing that definition.
Somehow, the idea of making something that wasn't the same as what the Ideals were came up, and it was decided the three sides (the Good, the Bad, and the "Neutral" a group made of Ideals that weren't on either end) would use this to determine a "Winner".
This "Game Piece" was the first point of matter in the Material Universe and when the three sides poured their energies into it, it exploded.
The "Game" went into a bit of a lull after that, with each side putting an even amount of their power into this "Matter".
Then Life started to pop up...
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:23 am

Well, thats partly why I have Balthus as a cracked entity, rather than his complete self, sort of like Q being trapped as a human. It gives a new dimension on how to view him. He has to survive and succeed with only the very limited power he has now.

It's quite a blow no longer being top dog, know what I mean? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:07 am

Whiteagle wrote:
nksrocks wrote:
This is why you should NEVER try and enforce your Creation myth on someone...
In my 'Verse, there was first a realm full of Ideals. (......)

Got it. I just needed to know that, and launched a pretentious "lure"
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?   A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A crazy @$$ed idea but, Your characters afflicted by Void?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2