Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Squid Girls/Cecaelias

Go down 
+8
The Rev
GREGOLE
Spykeofkonoha
Pendragon
Karbo
Rythmear
nksrocks
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 5:46 pm

as long as we're on the subject of aquatic species, who wants dibs on the creation of starfish girls?

I realize that octopods and sea stars are extremely different creatures, but there's a number of traits that you have to work with:

first of all, it would offer an entirely different approach to vore; a starfish feeds by pushing its stomach through the orifice on its underside (seastars are the only animals known to man that can turn their stomachs inside out), releasing digestive juices, predigesting the prey, absorbing it, and retracting the stomach back inside itself.

it would also make for interesting relationships between individuals of the species. Starfish have regenerative properties; cut off one of its limbs and it will eventually grow back. This also works in reverse, as a severed limb will (under the right circumstances) regenerate the rest of its body as well (I've seen photos of the process in bio textbooks; a tiny starfish with a single oversized limb, and it couldn't have simply lost the other four, because the center of its body was in scale with the four smaller limbs). What makes this even more interesting is that they engage in sexual reproduction and lay eggs.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 7:38 pm

Actually, a starfish girl sounds like a great idea. It's very unique.

I'd like to meet one.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 4:53 am

I agree, that's definitely a very original idea Razz I clearly never seen it elsewhere ^^
Their way of feeding would look quite disturbing though o.o
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:13 pm

*gasp* really? The vore master is put off by a particular method of feeding?

Anyway, if digesting the prey before retracting the stomach would be a problem, what if the organ simply engulfed the prey, pulled it back in, and then digested it?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:32 pm

Hahaha you wouldn't believe how many forms of vore actually creep me out ^^;
Almost all of them actually, besides soft oral vore Razz

Well here it's mostly by where/how the stomach exit that I find disturbing ^^;
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Karbo wrote:
Hahaha you wouldn't believe how many forms of vore actually creep me out ^^;
Almost all of them actually, besides soft oral vore Razz

*is trying to hold back laughter and fails horribly* XD I'm sorry for laughing but it's just very amusing to hear that from you, to be honest I feel the same way though, most other things about vore I mean...yeaaaahh not into em very much either
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Moonlight-pendent wrote:

*is trying to hold back laughter and fails horribly* XD I'm sorry for laughing but it's just very amusing to hear that from you, to be honest I feel the same way though, most other things about vore I mean...yeaaaahh not into em very much either

It's not because you like something you will necessary enjoy all the different form based on the same things Very Happy

That's why the categories are created Cool
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 2:31 am

Karbo wrote:

Just a quick precision : this don't mean this disqualify them at all. I am also a bit disturbed by same-size vore as well, yet there is more than a few creature that use it already. I am the first to recognize some variety is needed in Felarya Razz
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 8:19 am

What if there were a subspecies of squidgirl with vampiric feeding habits?

Or if the squidgirls had neurotoxin glands in their mouths, like the Blue-ringed Octopus?

or the ability to gradually regenerate lost limbs?

Or if their "hand pad" tentacles extended from their shoulders in place of human arms?

What specific changes would make the squidgirls an acceptable species?

Please respond, if everybody gets their two cents in we can come to a compromise so that the squidgirls may finally have a spot on the wiki.

Last edited by Xeno-the-Hedgehog on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to further my inquiry, and to hear the opinions of other users so that we may come to a compromise.)
Back to top Go down
sephi
Tasty morsel
sephi

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:26 pm

they could be like a mind flayer off from like Dungons and dragons.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:28 pm

sephi wrote:
they could be like a mind flayer off from like Dungons and dragons.

Perhaps, though I don't think many people here are fond of the "Eat the brain through their face" method.

I see no problems, though.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:50 pm

I've never played dungeons and dragons, nor have I done any background research on the subject. but the concept of "eating through the face" as you've put it, is not something that any member of this species would ever do.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 1:54 pm

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:
I've never played dungeons and dragons, nor have I done any background research on the subject. but the concept of "eating through the face" as you've put it, is not something that any member of this species would ever do.

No, they eat through the back of the skull like good lil' Cephalopods.

Main Squid / Octopus eating methods do involve cracking something open with a beak and tearing off chunks.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Malahite wrote:
Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:

No, they eat through the back of the skull like good lil' Cephalopods.

Main Squid / Octopus eating methods do involve cracking something open with a beak and tearing off chunks.

Dude, I'm not sure I understand what you're implying. you do know that Cephalopods don't have skulls, right? maybe you should take the time to review the first post of this thread, because I've listed everything about this species, from their physiology to their feeding habits, in that post.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:

Dude, I'm not sure I understand what you're implying. you do know that Cephalopods don't have skulls, right?
Yes, it was an improper wording on my part on the Cephalopod cracking through its prey's skull.

wrote:
maybe you should take the time to review the first post of this thread, because I've listed everything about this species, from their physiology to their feeding habits, in that post.
Just reread it, main thing I missed was the hair tentacles and human-portion being human-sized.

Either way, if I never mentioned it before, nice species.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks. Now if only I knew what other changes to make so that Karbo would be willing to put them in the wiki...

Edit: I owe several people a long overdue thank you for helping to make this species a reality.

On the other hand, I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I'd be lying if I said I was satisfied with the end result. I apologize to anyone that I have offended, but I need to get this off my chest. When I started designing this species, I wanted to create something with an air of innocence, the epitome of vulnerability in the ultimate struggle for survival that is life in Felarya; and now that defining quality has been lost, replaced with a species whose behavior comes across to me as a painful (however unintentional) reminder of the problems I've faced as a person with autism. The species that I had hoped to perfect became the very thing I was trying to avoid; another generic species of oversized, overpowered, overused predator. And again, I apologize to those that I have offended, but would it be too much to ask to include my original concept as is? As an additional species? Call them Cephalai (from the root word [i]Cephalopod[/i])

Last edited by Xeno-the-Hedgehog on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thanks, but no thanks)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squid Girls/Cecaelias   Squid Girls/Cecaelias - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squid Girls/Cecaelias
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2