Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^

Go down 
+6
French snack
rcs619
gwadahunter2222
Reptillian
GREGOLE
Archmage_Bael
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Empty
PostSubject: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:40 am

This is a Character I made up, it started out mostly as someone to use in the IRC, but now she has grown into a fuller person.

Personal Information

Name: Mara
Born: 1822 AU (After Ur-Sagol)
Place of Birth: Deeper Felarya
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 110 lbs
Skin Color: light, somewhat pinkish
Hair Color: Dark Red
Hair Style: long, down to middle back
Eye Color: Grey
Race: Fairy
Profession: Predator XD

Other: she has an insanely strong grip and doesn’t let go easily

Family

Mother: Kasairi
Father: Unknown
Older Siblings: 2
1st Older Sister: Kandra
Born: 1800 AU

2nd Older Sister: Eevy
Born: 1798 AU

Bio

Mara was born in Deeper Felarya, close to where the Canopy fairies are located. By this time, Mara’s father left before she was born, and has not been seen since. However, Mara was with her mother and siblings for a few years. When she was 6, her two older sisters left to go make a life of their own off in Deeper Felarya with the canopy fairies.

One day, when Mara was at the age of 16 she was out with her mom, and was near a particularly clustered area of trees when out of nowhere a large group of Ne’malim, large, fierce antlike insects, swarmed. In the ensuing chaos a large tree fell, and shattered, forcing some of the Ne’malim to go after Mara, and her mother Kasairi. Mara, being a fairy, couldn’t fight her pursuers, and even if she could there were far too many. She was chased clear across Deeper Felarya, and passed by the Jungle of Perils. For days Mara flew southward, too scared to go back into Deeper Felarya, out of fear of being ambushed by the same ants who followed her. Eventually she was picked up by a Janev, who is a naga, and she took Mara to the Misty Glade, where she learned her abilities to cast illusions, among the other techniques common of the Mist Fairies. She lived with the mist fairies, and Janev for the next 100 years, until she was extremely skilled with magic. She had a hard time overcoming insecurity for not being able to find her mother, or being able to even rejoin her, so Mara didn’t go out too much after that. Over the next many years she has become much more confident, and matured a great deal in both magic, and intelligence. She developed a liking for vore at one point, and met some members of a guild that supported it who were traveling outside Negav City. It is then she joined the guild, and was able to gain entrance to the city, staying at the vore guild between the merchant district and the mage’s district. It is at the vore guild where she met an Elf, that goes by the name of Bael, and has developed a crush on him.

Mara has become extremely playful, and has learned cultural jokes living with canopy fairies and mist fairies throughout the last 200 years of her life. One of Mara’s key traits is that she likes to appear Naïve, when in reality is quite the opposite. Mara likes to use her fairy magic when she catches them, utilizing her illusion magic, and confusing her prey, sometimes to the point of excessiveness before she eats them. Mara forms strong attachments to her friends, and is sometimes wary of new people. However, she is extremely hard to faze. The cute fairy doesn’t want to leave Bael’s side out of fear of another separation with him, like what happened to her mother years ago.

<<I posted this on DeviantArt, and I asked for suggestions to make it better. I am going to ask the same thing here, anyone who has any suggestions WHATSOEVER I welcome them, this is my first bio, and I want it to sound good.>>
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:41 am

To be perfectly honest, I can't see a single thing that hasn't been done a million times before. Recently.

Cute, playful fairy - Check
Separated from family - Check
Has a bad history with some sort of insect-based critter - Check(SERIOUSLY! Can't the bugs catch a break every once in a while?)
Kinship with a naga who discovered her - Check
Joined up with interesting and mysterious humans - Check

Sorry, but there's really nothing about her that wows me at all. There's nothing to make her stand out or defines her as her own character.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:19 am

GREGOLE wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I can't see a single thing that hasn't been done a million times before. Recently.

Has a bad history with some sort of insect-based critter - Check(SERIOUSLY! Can't the bugs catch a break every once in a while?)

Sorry, but there's really nothing about her that wows me at all. There's nothing to make her stand out or defines her as her own character.
what he said and i would like to add that, this raises a lot of questions but hardly gives any anwsers...and what's with that "vore guild" in negav, who the hell would allow a fairy into negav simply because of that reason???
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:27 am

To be clear she needs more development Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:29 am

yeah, I know what you mean. Technically no non-human/neko/occasional elf(maybe) is supposed to be in negav. However, I said that this sprouted from the IRC, and you know stuff happens there that doesn't make any sense, but I do want her to have befriended my elven character, Bael, and they met in the "vore guild" (hey there are crazies everwhere XD).

Realistically I should find a different way for them to meet, so if you have any ideas that would be a help ^^;
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:32 am

To Gwadahunter- If I accurately describe every event of her life, I might end up with a really long bio that would prevent people from wanting to read it.

Maybe I could have a "history" story thing written out about the years of her life spent with the mist fairies.

Like I said, I need suggestions, and you guys are a big help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:08 am

Reptillian wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:

what he said and i would like to add that, this raises a lot of questions but hardly gives any anwsers...and what's with that "vore guild" in negav, who the hell would allow a fairy into negav simply because of that reason???

...a fairy literally COULDNT go into Negav. The Eye would drive her away, like it does to all predators. Fairies are not immune to it, and shrinking wont negate the affects.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:09 am

i think of my character alot myself, and i must say, that i often get the best ideas while looking at the clouds^^(though tv is good too XD)

the best ideas are the ones you get yourself, cuase NOONE knows your character as well as you do, just sit still and look at the bio for some time and then step away from the screen to think about it, without any disturbances^^

----------

yeah i totally forgot about the eye
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:10 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
To Gwadahunter- If I accurately describe every event of her life, I might end up with a really long bio that would prevent people from wanting to read it.

Maybe I could have a "history" story thing written out about the years of her life spent with the mist fairies.

Like I said, I need suggestions, and you guys are a big help Very Happy
What I mean if you write many stories you should maybe notice by yourself what is missing to your character. I see this bio as a sketch or just the basis. Some ideas and point need to be developed a bit more.

I don't blame you because your character is classic because you are beginning in this universe.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:16 am

well, I have been around for like a half year or so, but I have never created any characters until like a month ago.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:29 am

Try giving her an original quirk or two, and then writing a story which will enable you to develop her character. Maybe ideas will come to you while you're doing so. Characters with potential tend to develop themselves through stories, until you wonder how they got to where they are.

Oh, and as rcs619 pointed out, fairies literally cannot enter Negav. So that part will have to go.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:41 am

Reptillian wrote:
and what's with that "vore guild" in negav,
Non-forum IRC thing, also a Predator-species bar inside Negav for that too. Completely non-canon things justified enough to be plausible (within the IRC).
Quote :
who the hell would allow a fairy into negav simply because of that reason???
The same people who would rush out into the wild of Felarya thinking that with a kind word they can be friends with all the misunderstood predators?
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:57 am

[quote="Malahite"]
Reptillian wrote:
Quote :
who the hell would allow a fairy into negav simply because of that reason???
The same people who would rush out into the wild of Felarya thinking that with a kind word they can be friends with all the misunderstood predators?
AHAHAHAHAHA/ Evil laugh

XD
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:58 am

Misunderstood?
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:01 am

vegeta002 wrote:
Misunderstood?
yes you did^^

i think XD
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:28 am

Yeah...some work. What would be an example of a well developed and interesting character to show the level expected in Felarya?
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

Quote :
Yeah...some work. What would be an example of a well developed and interesting character to show the level expected in Felarya?

Katrika, Fiona, Raina, Nix, Garnet, Terror ,Violet, Erica, Negeyari, Rin, Terra, Ryla, Aurora, Seliky, Fallen, Artemia, Cypress, Eeira, Gunther, Jade, Jora, Marya, Kahla, Kallisti, Tanya, NOT to mention the original cast.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:03 am

Mmhmm. What we should be looking at is what makes them interesting characters that we care about. Not accusing anyone here, or elsewhere, but there are often characters that are boring, or don't mesh. Or worse, both...
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:40 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

Katrika, Fiona, Raina, Nix, Garnet, Terror ,Violet, Erica, Negeyari, Rin, Terra, Ryla, Aurora, Seliky, Fallen, Artemia, Cypress, Eeira, Gunther, Jade, Jora, Marya, Kahla, Kallisti, Tanya, NOT to mention the original cast.
AAAH, you forgot my skitzo neko T_T'.....well i'm hoping for karbo to let it on the wiki soon.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:46 am

Getting something original is hard, that's why you have to work on it until you reach a point of "good, this character is something fresh, just what we needed".

Let's face it: I'm not the best character creator ever, I know my characters are fairly unknown (they'll never win in a popularity contest, for sure), but I know that I have to work harder and harder to get something at least interesting (the fact that I'm not popular doesn't count xD). You can go for something generic but adding enough twists to make it better or just go for the sake of 100% originality. It all depends.

You look at the cast of official and fan-made characters and watch what they have to be unique. Think of it, but remember that you have to be unique by yourself, these characters can give you an idea and some inspiration, but always remember that you have to come up with something completely yours. Copycats aren't welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:40 pm

there are so many different characters out there that NOT copycatting in any area is really difficult.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Reptillian wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

AAAH, you forgot my skitzo neko T_T'.....well i'm hoping for karbo to let it on the wiki soon.

How exactly does a character get on the wiki? After there's enough drawings that they become familiar?
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
there are so many different characters out there that NOT copycatting in any area is really difficult.

I know that, but what I want to say is that you have to be sure that people won't point at your character and say they're a rip off of someone else. Of course it's hard to come with something someone doesn't have already, but the trick is in combining several aspects that at first may not look original, but they way you mix them will take the form of something fresh.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:37 pm

It's like this.

Everything's been done before. EVERYTHING.
But NOT every possible combination of everything. Since there are infinite possible combinations, it's just a matter of finding one that works for you.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:57 pm

original and fresh are good, i think the word you're looking for is "cliche"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^   Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mara, your cute little next-door fairy ^^
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next