Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Empty
PostSubject: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:51 pm

Name: Aerendyl Sarsantyr
Race: Phantom Elf

Appearance: Aerendyl tends to mask his appearance as a phantom elf as to not attract any attention, and as such wraps his head with black sashes, save for his dark raven hair. Aerendyl wears the traditional black warrior armor worn by most phantom elves, and provides the perfect balance of protection and speed for Aerendyl, only made possible by the long lived settlement of the phantom elves within Sunfall Thicket. In addition, he carries a rapier of fine quality that is extremely rarely seen on Felarya, given that phantom elves are rare as is. The entire outfit is concealed by a robe made of very light material that prevents moisture and heat buildup, perfectly concealing his armor underneath.

Background: Aerendyl was born and raised by phantom elves, living almost his entire life within the eternal nightfall of Sunfall Thicket. Being extremely young in Phantom elf society, Aerendyl was constantly treated as a child within their ranks, slowly eroding away at his patience. The young elf soon grew weary of the constant lectures his elders gave him, and foolishly left Sunfall Thicket only for his journey to be short lived. The sudden and unprepared departure from Sunfall Thicket had left Aerendyl vulnerable to the many predators outside. He was constantly hunted by faeries that were curious as to what he tasted like, which was unfortunate for the young elf considering that most elves were naturally tasty to the many giant predators of Felarya. Aerendyl's foolishness had caused a panic within his tribe, who had sent many of their warriors to save him from the faeries. Aerendyl barely made his escape from the faeries, returning to Sunfall Thicket where the warriors found him on the border. Unknown to the group however, was that the faeries had been stalking them throughout their journey, and when they had reached the tribe, chaos ensued as the faeries consumed nearly all of the phantom elves. Those who were powerful enough in the arts of magic were able to escape, others not so lucky. In the end, the only thing that stopped Aerendly's death was the simple fact that the faeries were grateful for him having led them to the village allowed him to survive. Soon after the horrific ordeal, he was banished from Sunfall Thicket by the remaining Phantom elves and forced to leave with all the belongings he could carry. Sure, some showed sympathy for the young elf, but in the end he was doomed to exile. Now, the elf wanders the world of Felarya, seeking a better future for himself.

General Background of the phantom elves taken off of the Felarya Wiki

A human-sized species of elves, found mostly in Sunfall thicket, where several major tribes have settled.

Phantom elves usually have grey skin, glowing eyes, and dark hair. They wear light armor and use strange crescent-shaped blades. They are wild and ferocious and, with their phasing skills and great agility, can be as deadly as far bigger creatures.

Their special senses allow them to see spirits and ghosts perfectly, and they possess some mind-affecting spells that are very efficient against them. While a ghost can devour an elf from time to time, it happens rather rarely and they mostly live in peace with the sentient ghosts. Wild and beastly spirits such as labrisomes still pose a deadly and relentless threat, and are dealt with accordingly.

Phantom elves have incredible control over their soul and mind, and possess the unique ability to somehow transcend death: the soul of a deceased phantom elf can choose to re-enter its body a couple of seconds after death, healing it and reforming it in the process, effectively reviving the elf! This second life can only be used once though, and the big drawback is that they revive exactly in the place where they died. Needless to say this is useless if the elf drowned chained to a rock underwater, or was digested in a stomach.

Last edited by Tsurugi on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Interesting character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Just a few small deconstructive bits:
Tsurugi wrote:
Appearance: Aerendyl tends to mask his appearance as a phantom elf as to not attract any attention, and as such wraps his head with black sashes, save for his silver hair. Aerendyl wears the traditional black warrior armor worn by most phantom elves, and provides the perfect balance of protection and speed for Aerendyl, only made possible by the long lived settlement of the phantom elves within Sunfall Thicket. In addition, he carries a rapier of fine quality that is extremely rarely seen on Felarya, given that phantom elves are rare as is.
It tends not to do well for masking your heritage... if you proudly flaunt it. Do you think a Seeker of Sineria hides their affiliation by wearing large amounts of Dridder-Silk clothing with Sinerian Heraldry plastered all over it? I would suggest robes overtop, but the issue there is that:
1) It'd likely only conceal the type of armor, not that Aerendyl is wearing it.
2) Wearing the armor and clothing in Tropical Jungle is an easy way to overheat.

Best way I can think of avoiding attention is some sort of minor illusion (albiet that would then be a tip-off to any local mages), or to have the armor of Phantom Elf quality and creation, but designed to resemble something else. Still work effectively and all, but not be something that anyone with passing knowledge of Phantom Elves can say "I recognize that armor!"

Tsurugi wrote:
Those who were powerful enough in the arts of magic were able to escape, others not so lucky. In the end, only Aerendyl's knowledge of magic and sword fighting allowed him to survive.
I'd say to modify this. Why? Because apparently a child's sword fighting skills mixed with fighting were enough to stave off Faeries from taking him. Beyond his tutors, unless a child prodigy (which if so, you may do well to note this) there were likely to be others who could rival / surpass him. Instead, I'm thinking - while you can still mention him as being gifted in magic / swordplay - you make it so the Faeries "spare" him for leading them to a good meal (Fairy that 'Let him go': "Besides, I was full anyways."). You can still have him being gifted, and it doesn't sound so contrived as a 24 year old Elf being better at fighting / magic than much of his village.

Otherwise, this is pretty good. Kudos for having him survive in the wild while being hunted by Predators not because he is some uber survivalist or amazingly good at diplomacy, but because they were following him to dinner.
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. XD I guess I overlooked a lot.

As for 1 and 2......
1.Edited in and Done ^^
2. I'm assuming that the phantom elves designed the armor and clothing to have moisture wicking properties given that they are natives of the felaryan jungles.

And.....the whole village survival thing I'll fix soon. ^^

Update: Everything i think is fixed. Any other thoughts? Hopefully Karbo will comment in this. After all, this is Karbo's vision of felarya I'm trying to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Looks good to me, not sure about others. Now the first scholar who sees his body won't go "Phantom Elf Armor!"

I want to say that overall this fits Felarya's theme. Story can have Vore fit into it, but can also have fantasy elements mixed in so it's more than smut. The character is not a one man army, but neither is he entirely helpless. Hopefully Karbo will respond, and while I doubt it'd be added to the Wiki while a stand-alone profile I could see a story featuring him (even if just an expanded background w/ minor short stories) at the very least fitting in. Would also do good to add more Elvish Characters.
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Hmm....a few stories would be good. Although my writing tends to lack dialogue I could try.
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 pm

I was reading through the wiki's description of phantom elves, and came across this.

" They are wild and ferocious and, with their phasing skills and great agility, can be as deadly as far bigger creatures. "

What exactly are "phasing skills"? The ability to move through matter much like a ghost? I mean, I find it kinda cheap if they can just phase out of a predator's stomach, or phase out of being bound by chains or ropes.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Tsurugi wrote:
I was reading through the wiki's description of phantom elves, and came across this.

" They are wild and ferocious and, with their phasing skills and great agility, can be as deadly as far bigger creatures. "

What exactly are "phasing skills"? The ability to move through matter much like a ghost? I mean, I find it kinda cheap if they can just phase out of a predator's stomach, or phase out of being bound by chains or ropes.

If you read the wiki just after you will read this
Wiki wrote:
Their special senses allow them to see spirits and ghosts perfectly, and they possess some mind-affecting spells that are very efficient against them. While a ghost can devour an elf from time to time, it happens rather rarely and they mostly live in peace with the sentient ghosts. Wild and beastly spirits such as labrisomes still pose a deadly and relentless threat, and are dealt with accordingly.

Phantom elves have incredible control over their soul and mind, and possess the unique ability to somehow transcend death: the soul of a deceased phantom elf can choose to re-enter its body a couple of seconds after death, healing it and reforming it in the process, effectively reviving the elf! This second life can only be used once though, and the big drawback is that they revive exactly in the place where they died. Needless to say this is useless if the elf drowned chained to a rock underwater, or was digested in a stomach.

Phantom Elves interact more with ghost and spirits most of the time and even if they can escape from some "physical" predators with their phasing skills but it won't work with predators like pit naga, negative hydras, and more mystical or magicals predators etc... They can be trapped or chained not in the conventional way but it's possible.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Hmm......so you're basically saying that a phantom elf is immune to most nagas, mermaids, dridders, etc are unable to eat a phantom elf? Unless they have magic? I mean.....it's just that I don't think there are that many magical creatures in large quantities.......ghosts for that matter are apparently rare in felarya. The only sentient pred with enough magic to resist that is a fairy and some elemental nagas......not much more. :/ Idk.....I was just hoping there would be more danger involved. XD
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Tsurugi wrote:
Hmm......so you're basically saying that a phantom elf is immune to most nagas, mermaids, dridders, etc are unable to eat a phantom elf? Unless they have magic? I mean.....it's just that I don't think there are that many magical creatures in large quantities.......ghosts for that matter are apparently rare in felarya. The only sentient pred with enough magic to resist that is a fairy and some elemental nagas......not much more. :/ Idk.....I was just hoping there would be more danger involved. XD

I didn't say they are immune, their phasing abilities give them good advantages against predators which relies more on "physical" abilities to survive. But some which are more mystical, or magical or dimensional creature can be a serious threat for them.

I disagree when you state only fairies and elemental nagas, you forget succubis, angels, elementals, demons,Nemesis because they eat you in your dream etc... There is a strong variety of predators you should not limit yourself about the most used species.

If you read about the place where Phantom Elves live Sunfall thicket
You can read this :
Wiki wrote:
The thicket is a pleasant place for all sort of spirits who don't like daylight much
so where they live there are strong variety of ghost and spirits. And in additions ghost and spirits tend to appear the night.

Ghosts and spirits are not rare it's just they are not developed Razz

PS: your avatar is too big.
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Well I only named those 2 species because they're the most common......the others you're not going to find very easily unless you go looking for them. Maybe nemesises aren't as rare.....but it would be hard to find an angel or succubi outside of heaven or hell. And then for the ghost thing......i thought about that and i figured the ravenous, living organism eater ones are not too common considering that you don't see people vanishing because of them that often. Especially if you're outside Sunfall thicket or ....err what was it? The forest that holds tenebra maze. But anyway.....thanks for the whole clear up on the issue.

P.S.: I'll crop the image tomorrow, gtg to bed now. ^^ Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 am

Tsurugi wrote:
Well I only named those 2 species because they're the most common......the others you're not going to find very easily unless you go looking for them. Maybe nemesises aren't as rare.....but it would be hard to find an angel or succubi outside of heaven or hell. And then for the ghost thing......i thought about that and i figured the ravenous, living organism eater ones are not too common considering that you don't see people vanishing because of them that often. Especially if you're outside Sunfall thicket or ....err what was it? The forest that holds tenebra maze. But anyway.....thanks for the whole clear up on the issue.

P.S.: I'll crop the image tomorrow, gtg to bed now. ^^ Thanks for the heads up.

Little remark when you are someone who can see or can interact with ghost and spirits you have serious chance to meet them everywhere you go.
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm

Yeah.....I got that much. Ghosts aren't rare......just the ones that actually harm living beings are rare. The rest tend to mind themselves.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

How to hunt a phantom elf if you're a normal predator:

Step one: Kill elf.

Step two: Kill elf again.

Step 3: Eat delicious elf.

Step 4: ????

Step 5: PROFIT.

Very Happy

If a predator liked the taste enough to try to hunt a phantom elf, knowing what they were, I'd bet they would sacrifice trying to get satisfaction from their squirming, which could cause the predator a great deal of trouble, killing them instead (as many times as it takes) and then om nom nom.

It's a pretty interesting choice to want to work with a phantom elf as a character, he has a past that is plausible, incorporates the danger of Felarya, and shows that he is flawed in a believable way. He seems like a character I'd look forward to seeing in a story.^^
Back to top Go down
Tsurugi
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Good point. XD And actually, I will be making a series of stories about him. Just don't expect my stories to be too long.....I tend to get really focused on a small piece of high quality writing rather than rambling on for a while to get a larger story. School ends tomorrow, so I'll do it over summer break.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf   Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerendyl Sarsantyr - Phantom Elf
Page 1 of 1