Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does Felarya need unattractive characters?

Go down 
+8
lami
Karbo
Cypress
GREGOLE
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Rythmear
servomoore
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
servomoore
Naga food

Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Empty
PostSubject: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:17 pm

Pretty nagas, pretty fairies, pretty dryads, etc. I'm sure many to many non-fans it's kind of tedious that everyone is so beautiful.

Do we need some characters who aren't necessarily so enjoyable to look at? You know, to make everything more believable and make the universe seem like a less shallow creation?

Of course, most would say most of the characters are freaks for being giant human/animal hybrids, but, well, you seem to get used to it very quickly.

Personally I don't feel this need, but I've grown up in a very liberal environment that dictates everyone have some representation.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:19 pm

It doesn't need them, but it doesn't need to Not have them.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Well, we could have regular creatures of normal appearance. Or we could have absolutely disgusting creatures.

Being a magical community, we need trolls (NOT internet trolls), ogres, monsters, and general things to oppose others.

It's Karbo's call, though. He really made Felarya. We just live in it.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:47 pm

I don't understand, there is creature like the Saurotauran or the Fungoïd which are not pretty by example. Or by example the elmentals nothing say there are really pretty
I don't see really the problem Sad
Can you explain your point of view please Question
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:03 pm

And take the beast that mortally wounded Crisis - it certainly wasn't pretty.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Quote :
And take the beast that mortally wounded Crisis - it certainly wasn't pretty.

For you, maybe...

I can see where this topic is coming from. But it's something found in... well, fiction in general.
We might assume part-human predators all share a genetic mechanism that allows them to lure their prey to them more easily.
We might assume that' Felaryan soil simply has that effect on residents, "purifying" residents and making them of ideal health and appearence.
If we go with the second one, it would mean even non-native residents would age quite gracefully when spending extended periods in Felarya.

Or maybe it's just that everyone looks attractive in anime...
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:20 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
We might assume part-human predators all share a genetic mechanism that allows them to lure their prey to them more easily.
still I think that what with all the constant mortal combat for food and survival... there might be a few more seriously scared or maimed characters than there are now.... even acknowledging your sneeky Darwinian logic

GREGOLE wrote:
Or maybe it's just that everyone looks attractive in anime...
*nods*
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:43 pm

Nonsense! Have you SEEN Ash in Pokemon? Quite possibly the most repugnant individual ever.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:25 am

Well I personnaly don't feel the need but that's an interesting thought Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:05 am

they exist, there are loads of horrendous creatures in the wiki, if you want us to no longer leave it to our imaginations go draw a few of them would be my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:29 am

A question Xarmaroch is an attractive character Question
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:42 am

Rythmear wrote:
Nonsense! Have you SEEN Ash in Pokemon? Quite possibly the most repugnant individual ever.

I'd like to second that statement. However, Misty does bring the show up.

Just like Felarya. I'm sure there are ugly creatures. The good ones just outshine them.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Misty is jailbait.
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:23 pm

i have to disagree, all the women in pokemon look retarded. the only exception ive seen is nazomi,
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:50 pm

And poor her for having a stupid name...

I know this is completely off-topic, but if I may quote the Yu-gi-oh abridged series:

"Wow, look at all the obligatory cameos... Rex Raptor, Weevil Underwood, Mako Tsunami..."

"Hey, where's the reigning champion, Seto Kaiba?"

"Didn't you hear? He was disqualified from the tournament because his name wasn't stupid enough."
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 1:16 pm

There's plenty of 'Ugly' monsters roamin around Felarya, they're just overshadowed by the prettier more 'exposed' female predators...but they're still there none the less.

I lol'd at Rythmear and the whole Yu-gi-oh Name thing
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Raetsu Lord Pichu wrote:

I lol'd at Rythmear and the whole Yu-gi-oh Name thing

Good man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:17 pm

Ugly on the exterior is fine, by I want some blackhearts, dagnabbit!

No universe is finished until it has some villains you love to hate, hate to love, etc (We could call the Succubi evil, I guess, but I haven't seen any I'd define as pure 'evil' yet).
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:17 pm

I think unattractiveness is uneccesary for the sake of realism.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:23 pm

The Rev wrote:
I think unattractiveness is uneccesary for the sake of realism.

Unattractiveness in Villains, or altogether?

For altogether, I'd say it depends on the species. A dominant predator that doesn't need to show off their strength WOULD likely do better looking nice than with lotsa skill. As such, unattractiveness would have been (Partially, if possible) weened from the Genepool.

A predator, meanwhile, that might rely more on Muscle over Appearance would likely still have some "Ugo's" among them.

And of course, there's always mutations.
Back to top Go down
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Just looking at a tonorion is enough to make anyone go "GOD DAMN." Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Evil? Now what do you call Dridders?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:05 pm

Are you saying dridders are evil?

I never saw them that way. I always just saw them as preds who just wanted to eat too.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:22 pm

I recognize dridders as the main antagonists of Felarya, from a naga's POV.
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:30 pm

that would make the nagas the antagonists form the dridder point of view.... witch brings the important point that 'good' and 'evil' are complete abstracts, and depend heavily on the viewers beliefs... >.>
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Felarya need unattractive characters?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next