Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does Felarya need unattractive characters?

Go down 
+8
lami
Karbo
Cypress
GREGOLE
gwadahunter2222
Pendragon
Rythmear
servomoore
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Excatly. I wonder who the fairies antagonize..
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:35 pm

fairies might be in the sphinx's mind set about harpies... after all they are flyer's, and harpies tend to arrogant about ... well everything XD so i am sure harpies view the carefree playful fairies as annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Makes sense, though I can imagine fairies spend most of their time on the ground, where the prey is.

What are enemies to the humans? Nothing I can think of... except the nagas/dridders/harpies/dryads/fairies/mermaids/carnivorous plants/morra/succubi... nothing!
Back to top Go down
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:41 pm

Saurotaurans I would bet... http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fauna#Saurotauran
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Let's compile a list of friends to the humans. It'll be much shorter:

Oh! How about non-voracious nekos? they're the only creatures I can think of that don't want to eat humans.

I would've said dog girls, but then Reiko joined the site, and I was proven wrong.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:45 pm

Right, those too.

At least Reiko doesn't eat men. Some of us are safe from being eaten!!!

Or are we? Sad
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 8:50 pm

The Rev wrote:
Excatly. I wonder who the fairies antagonize..
Insects because they are immune against magic
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Well, that's just great. The Fairly Oddparents were right. Insects are immune to magic.

Now all we need is a cockroach or cockroach anthro in Felarya. Then the anthro line will be complete.

You can't kill them with nukes. You can't kill them with magic. If they find a defense against the common boot, we will all be screwed.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:07 pm

Cypress wrote:
that would make the nagas the antagonists form the dridder point of view.... witch brings the important point that 'good' and 'evil' are complete abstracts, and depend heavily on the viewers beliefs... >.>
I dunno, I kinda define the guy who's life-goal is "Watch the Galaxy Burn" would be defined as 'evil' even by his comrades.

Pendragon wrote:
Let's compile a list of friends to the humans. It'll be much shorter:

Oh! How about non-voracious nekos? they're the only creatures I can think of that don't want to eat humans.

I would've said dog girls, but then Reiko joined the site, and I was proven wrong.

Don't forget the Abhumans (Genetic offshoots).

Though yeah, there isn't much Human-allies in Felarya as a whole species. There are exceptional members of species (Cyrpess, for instance, and doesn't the Wiki state Terra never ate humans?), but no whole species to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:59 pm

Quote :
I dunno, I kinda define the guy who's life-goal is "Watch the Galaxy Burn" would be defined as 'evil' even by his comrades.

Nothing ever said that that's what the dridders wanted. The wiki states that they hate the nagas, and doesn't state they hate anyone else.

Quote :
doesn't the Wiki state Terra never ate humans?),

The wiki states that she does eat humans, she's just not a bitch about it.

-adjusts know-it-all cap and walks out-
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:06 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

Nothing ever said that that's what the dridders wanted. The wiki states that they hate the nagas, and doesn't state they hate anyone else.

Fair enough.

Besides, I wouldn't really call anything on Felarya 'evil'. Then again, that may be because we only see the surface of Felarya for the most part...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 2:33 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
The wiki states that they hate the nagas, and doesn't state they hate anyone else.

That's right, Dridders are evil from the point of view of nagas, but not much for a centaur for example. and not more evil than a naga in the eye of a human ^^

Their bad reputation is built mostly on the fact that their way of feeding on large prey is horrible to witness and they have a warlike tradition, but dridders are actually not *innately* evil people Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Quote :
That's right, Dridders are evil from the point of view of nagas, but not much for a centaur for example. and not more evil than a naga in the eye of a human ^^

Their bad reputation is built mostly on the fact that their way of feeding on large prey is horrible to witness and they have a warlike tradition, but dridders are actually not *innately* evil people

Which isn't really how most interpretations in the fandom work with. There are at least three stories where dridders amass an army to take over Felarya. It was a decent enough idea the first time, but at this point, they're REALLY getting a worse rap than they deserve.
The fact that it's stemmed from the fact that their feeding methods are disturbing REALLY irks me, since it falls into the cliche that ugly = evil.

Much as I love Crisis & Scarecrow, they do the exact same thing, by making their dridders innately malevolent, not to mention hideous.
Just once, can't we have a story where a naga and a dridder are friends, no questions asked?

Meh... I did manage to satire the stereotype and get most of my story fans to instantly hate a fairy for slaughtering a dridder, so maybe I ought to lighten up?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 3:16 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Which isn't really how most interpretations in the fandom work with. There are at least three stories where dridders amass an army to take over Felarya. It was a decent enough idea the first time, but at this point, they're REALLY getting a worse rap than they deserve.
Agreed. I'd actually favor their methods, as they seem to be quicker, and would likely be less painful then being dissolved in acid.

Quote :
The fact that it's stemmed from the fact that their feeding methods are disturbing REALLY irks me, since it falls into the cliche that ugly = evil.
I'm fine with Ugly = Evil. That Ugliness just better have a reason. Otherwise, it'd be habbit for Fantasy-People to kill any ugly child at birth to do future generations a favor.

Quote :
Much as I love Crisis & Scarecrow, they do the exact same thing, by making their dridders innately malevolent, not to mention hideous.
Ne'er read it, likely won't get a chance to for some time. However, I could see why it would be portrayed as such there. It's their PoV, so of course they'd make them out to be villains. Same as a naga would likely depict Crisis as an old wen-

Quote :
Just once, can't we have a story where a naga and a dridder are friends, no questions asked?
Why are they friends?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 4:27 pm

[quote="GREGOLE"
[/quote]
Wait sephimink comes back he has the idea is main character a naga has a dridder as friend Very Happy
Look here: https://felarya.forumotion.com/stories-discussion-f5/your-characters-t26-30.htm
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Felarya need unattractive characters?   Does Felarya need unattractive characters? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does Felarya need unattractive characters?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2