Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Announcements Thread

Go down 
+104
The Sketch Knight
dragon808tr
Lockheed X-17
Scryangi
Sprix
Bandur Khan
Mr. I
Americanhero45
CrisisOperations
Thywolf
hhhat09
Zephyr102
Venom Agato
Zhivago
JohnboyX
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
Solomon
Darth_Nergal
W-3-K
Ilceren
Komandr2465
DarkOne
Gabriel115
Chihiro Fujisaki
Darkstorm Zero
Claire
AzureJass
Tango
Prof.Nekko
parameciumkid
MetaSkipper
timing2
McKindle
MrNobody13
Beefnautz
Lobo
Nickonaquamagna
TheArchvile
buddha66667
Vaderaz
Black Hole Fragment
Amaroq
walkingbyself
zersergathant
kikijonson
Sehoolighan
Goldclaw
sparkythechu
space_samurai
vore4life99
Krisexy26
thejackle123
ravaging vixen
Zillachary
luke112
Davis
Shady Knight
Saironthis
Salvyrn
Feadraug
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Rodeo
tkh1304
Jasconius
Boris92
aethernavale
French snack
Jew
DaNoob13
alliance
spike833
VenomX3000
Zoekin
SuperPieGuy9
Nyaha
Googlememan
Warrior3000
AisuKaiko
Pendragon
Byakugan01
Karbo
DeviantDiscordian
observer88
Stabs
ZionAtriedes
Reptillian
gwadahunter2222
FalconJudge
Oldman40k2003
pyrryn
nksrocks
Archmage_Bael
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
mikeimp
codaman
Asuroth
The Rev
CauldronBorn24
rcs619
/Fish/
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:26 am

I'm back (again). I expect that almost nobody remembers me.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am

It's been so long D=

I shed tears of joy upon your return.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:24 pm

SuperPieGuy9 wrote:
I'm back (again). I expect that almost nobody remembers me.
I remember, I remember! ^.^ We were friends and you were fun!
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
McKindle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
McKindle

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Had some friends over for drinks a little while ago and somewhere along the line some Kopparberg got spilt on my router. Don't worry, it's okay: I didn't lose too much cider! Unfortunately as I'm pretty strapped for cash this month I can't afford to buy a replacement until my next payday, so I'll be a wee bit MIA until then. Take care everyone!
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:36 pm

>Drinks
>Anywhere NEAR technology

For SHAME, sir!
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

AND IM BACKKKK!!!! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 pm

You left? ^_^ Well it's nice to know you've returned, I missed you.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm

What Nyaha said.

I got the impression Krisexy was everywhere.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:21 pm

same here, To be frank I actually thought of her being the person always watching me in public but i could never catch.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:28 pm

luke112 wrote:
same here, To be frank I actually thought of her being the person always watching me in public but i could never catch.

You know I wasn't being completely serious right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Ok folks, every since Cliff started the Felarya is big thread, I was thinking about actully making a scale map of Felarya. After a long while of thinking about it, I'v have decided to go with it. As of now, Effective immeadetly, I am begining to do what I belive is necessary to make a scale version of the large map of Felarya. Now this does not mean it going to look as good as the orriginal map, but I will try everything in my power to make a scale version. This will be extreamly hard and time consumming. But if I pull this off then, well for me at least, it would greatly help. I dont know what you guys would think about this, but danm it, it's about time I try to help out around here. And yes, the resulting image, if I can pull this off, will be very large. How large, I dont know, but it will be big without a dout. I just hope this helps the community in some way.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:11 am

I'll be away of the forum for a while. Can't tell you how long it'll be, though. I need to deal with some things, specially those regarding my future in this community.

And I'm sorry for all the inconveniences I have caused all these years, if I've caused any.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 1:26 am

Black Hole Fragment wrote:
Ok folks, every since Cliff started the Felarya is big thread, I was thinking about actully making a scale map of Felarya. After a long while of thinking about it, I'v have decided to go with it. As of now, Effective immeadetly, I am begining to do what I belive is necessary to make a scale version of the large map of Felarya.

Good luck! Smile

Feadraug wrote:
I'll be away of the forum for a while. Can't tell you how long it'll be, though. I need to deal with some things, specially those regarding my future in this community.

And I'm sorry for all the inconveniences I have caused all these years, if I've caused any.

You've never caused any inconvenience. You've always been a positive member of this community, and I'm sure we've always all been glad to have you here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Feadraug wrote:

I always kinda liked you, even though I never really got to know you well. :3
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 12:49 pm

I appreciate your concern, guys. Anyway, I just need to think of things better, it isn't the first time I end frustrated because of something that shouldn't worry me that much.

I'll still, however, keep writing. There's an angel/succubus story contest I have to enter. Razz
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 pm

Feadraug wrote:
I appreciate your concern, guys. Anyway, I just need to think of things better, it isn't the first time I end frustrated because of something that shouldn't worry me that much.

I'll still, however, keep writing. There's an angel/succubus story contest I have to enter. Razz
Good to hear that you'll keep writing!

I'll second FrenchSnack, taking a break from things I understand - but you haven't caused any inconveniences, so don't leave on that account.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm

On July 16th, I willingly retired myself from the forum community. I did this because of dissatisfaction with the community - in how it was being run and how it treated its members and dealt with conflict revolution. At that time, I stated that I was to monitor the community to see how things are progressing and I hoped that the community leaders would pull things together and that I would once again feel that this community was a welcoming place to the intelligent and dedicated.

I have found out, from recent events, that this was a false hope.

The most recent inflammation of passions on the forum proved to me the inadequacies and biases of forum leaders. For those who do not know I will lay out the truth.

A series of events nearly entirely unrelated to Felarya occoured on Deviant Art. Certain people, who incidentally happened to be connected to the Felarya community, including, I am proud to say, myself, responded to a series of loosely connected attacks and insults directed at people who also incidentally happened to be associated with Felarya. These issues have for the most part, been resolved, with the use and aid of deviantArt moderators. These events had essentially nothing to do with Felarya. The only tenuous connection was that one of the people at fault had been using people's Felaryan characters in a rude and offensive way without permission. Aside from this, there was no connection what-so-ever, besides the fact that certain parties involved were members of the Felaryan community who had differing opinions from Felaryan leaders.

Somehow (I have still not determined how), this series of events was communicated to the Felaryan leadership, presented as being a "campaign of trolling by Felaryan members" with a bizarre assumption that this was on matters of Felarya. Even if one were to assume that the Felarya moderators have jurisdiction on deviantArt, this would not be a time for them to enact their policing powers, since it was not a Felaryan matter.

And yet it has been entirely misrepresented as thus.

And when people tried to point out the ridiculousness of causing a massive drama shitstorm over an issue that was not related to Felarya, they were belittled and treated with immense rudeness by leaders such as Karbo and Frenchsnack.

This is likely due to the biases of these leader and the inherent paranoia running rampant among them, that people are trying to "steal Felarya" or be "gatekeepers" or some other such bullshit.

There was not any attempt to discover the truth or to communicate. This has become the norm over time.

People here need to understand, as it took me awhile to understand, that Karbo is not interested in communication. He is not interested in a community project, as he has stated on multiple occasions. He is not interested in people having opinions on the direction the community should take, as can be evidenced as the dragging of heels he has performed at any indication or suggestion of development.

This leads me to the sad conclusion that if you have an opinion that differs from Karbo's, you are not welcome in the community. Which is his right, as community leader, to want

I am not, as the more dramatic might, accusing Karbo of tyranny. But I think that there is an inherent form to the community that people have ignored in the hope that it will not affect them. Karbo only accepts members of the community if they are quiet contributors or those who agree wholeheartedly with him. You need only look at the incredibly reactionary and rude responses from him and Frenchsnack (who always tailors his opinion to be identical to Karbo's, so may be looked at as the same) towards people in the "Emergency Announcement" who were attempting to reasonably point out the reasons why the issue presented was misrepresented, overblown and exaggerated.

I think we've all been deluding ourselves over the place of community members. Felarya is a world built by wonderful contributions by various members. But Karbo is and always has been the one in control. And from his actions one can guess at what he wants. He wants a community project so that ideas might be submitted, and a community as far as that goes, but does not want people with differing views on the nature of world-building and community development.

And this is fair and valid. But I think it needs to be understood how the community runs. It needs to be understood that if you are a disliked member of the community, as I am, that you will be hounded for actions that have not been performed within the scope of the community.

I have given the community and Karbo over four months to choose their course. They seem to prefer their current floundering, believing that tossing disliked members overboard will somehow result in the course being set or made clear.

However, I also harbour some care for the community. For a long time I was a contributor. I put a lot into the community and felt I was getting the same amount out of the community in those times. I even liked Karbo, as the person he was when he did not have to deal with his community. I was a bit dismayed at the mistrust directed towards me at the instant I began voicing opinions. I admit it was rather arrogant of me to assume that my contributions would afford me some measure or trust or respect. I tried for the longest, longest, longest of times to be a voice of reason and cooperation. But I realize that there was and is no support for such ideals.

But what am I supposed to feel when I see such crude attitudes? Some may say that I am unreasonably favourable towards Zion since I am his friend. Some may also say that since I am his friend I know him well enough to know what he will do and why.

I am not so much dismayed by the actions taken by the leadership of the community, than by the fact that there was NO attempt of communication or an effort to get the facts correct by the leadership before they began to crucify and belittle forum members.

The leadership had proved time and time again that it vehemently dislikes communication and will only undertake this arduous task in the most extreme circumstances. I can only assume this is because of a hatred of community members with opinions differing to their own.

Thus, Karbo, I am giving you this gift. I am removing myself not only from the forum, but from the community as a whole. That way, when I partake of an action ENTIRELY UNRELATED TO FELARYA, you will no longer have to feel such utter shame at me being in anyway associated with your community.

I really think, Karbo, you need to decide what sort of community you want and what sort of people you want in it so that there won't be confusion later down the road. (No, this doesn't mean throwing a fit and shutting down the forum!)

If you are a member of this community with a fiery spirit, with an imagination, with opinions, with rationality, logic and intellect, who enjoys getting involved in the community, I suggest that for Karbo's sanity you distance yourself from the community. Felarya is a great world but it is not the only option. (You great guys and gals know who you are). Even if we lose Felarya, actually or in our hearts, remember, we will always have each other.

I understand that there will be those with NO understanding of the situation, or my situation, who will make comment on this lengthy post. Please - unless you understand everything I have said and referred too completely, think before you start trying to vie for attention. (I do apologize for the length, I have a tendency to ramble when I have multiple thoughts to get together. Even now I worry I didn't get everything that I wanted, in the right order. If you have any confusion, talk to me.)

I understand that there are those in the forum who will leap upon this post and tear it apart as (childish/immature/melodramtic/wrong/not pretentious enough/etc.), misinterpreting the point. I accept that as well. Please keep your retorts to the minimum amount of pretentiousness and rudeness possible, and not so long that they clutter up the thread.

This forum used to solve things through talking. Now it solves things through accusing, and hoping there are enough accusations to make someone leave in despair. (I humbly request my account be deleted)

(As an ending note, I am not announcing my impending vanishment. I am stating that the way that the leaders of the community have inflamed and insulted people and not made any effort to connect with their community has lead me to feel not only unwelcome, as I was before, but now insulted and disappointed. I will still be around all the places you would expect to find me. I do understand that some of these places may have some connection to Felarya, but I will still be there in order to communicate with my friends there. If there is an issue with this, discuss it with me and I will consider removing myself from these venues.)

So, as a great man once said,

DOUBLES!

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 pm

I dunno where our problems between us came from man, but I still look up to ya. Just as I did when I first joined this community.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 6:50 pm

French snack wrote:
Black Hole Fragment wrote:
Ok folks, every since Cliff started the Felarya is big thread, I was thinking about actully making a scale map of Felarya. After a long while of thinking about it, I'v have decided to go with it. As of now, Effective immeadetly, I am begining to do what I belive is necessary to make a scale version of the large map of Felarya.

Good luck! Smile

Feadraug wrote:

You've never caused any inconvenience. You've always been a positive member of this community, and I'm sure we've always all been glad to have you here. Smile

I second french snack Smile. logan best of luck and as always i'll have a pot of coffee ready for yah when you need it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:40 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:

Sigh

You know what ? you are clearly right on one point at least :
I'm going to lay down a certain number of things in the coming days concerning the Felarya community so this is crystal clear for the future.

However I reject your accusations.
First, this event was presented as a campaign of trolling by none other than Zion himself in notes he sent me, basically boasting, apparently very satisfied with himself, how it was a "huge success " . He went out of his way to make very clear how he was laughing at any opinion I - or anyone for that matter - could have about his actions because : hey it happened on DA . He paintedd himself as a righteous crusader in a mission and made it very clear it was a FELARYAN MATTER.
I don't know how much explicit you can go than that. I know Zion is your buddy but you should question a bit his actions sometimes...

And I am not closed to communication either. Anyone can send me a message and always try to reply to everyone of them within a day. I also acted very slowly on that particular affair, sending messages to people involved, some of their friends, making my point known and debating the matter with others mods. And yes there was a debate, don't think the staff is something monolithic. Each mods present their points and ideas in the staff room. At some points I planned to make a certain move and abandoned it after some of them voiced their disagreement.

Anyway it's too late for arguing.
I don't dislike you personally Jaette, even if I disagree with many of your actions.
And despite all that happened I have still a lot of admiration for your imagination and creativity. I do recognize that what you brought to the world were very well thought of and insightful ideas that helped developing it an awful lot. And I don't regret making this portrait of Fulmina.

I wish you good luck in any of your future project and I hope you continue to work in world-building because you certainly have a great talent for it..

Feadraug wrote:

your contributions are always positive and level-headed. You certainly didn't caused any convenience and you will always be very welcome to this place ^_^ I just hope things will look up a bit..

Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:29 am

Karbo wrote:
First, this event was presented as a campaign of trolling by none other than Zion himself in notes he sent me, basically boasting, apparently very satisfied with himself, how it was a "huge success " . He went out of his way to make very clear how he was laughing at any opinion I - or anyone for that matter - could have about his actions because : hey it happened on DA . He paintedd himself as a righteous crusader in a mission and made it very clear it was a FELARYAN MATTER.

Indeed. When I spoke to him on vent, he was talking about how what everyone needed was disorder, and how it wasn't involving the mods, or Karbo. When in fact it very much was a Felaryan matter and one involving the mods. He wanted to show how much of a tyrant the leaders of the community were.

I just don't know what to say about him. I don't hate him, but I think he does need help (I use that term clinically). However, I still want to forget about this for the time being, because it wont do any good. I don't want to have to speak about the incident in the forum anymore. If anyone wants to talk to me about it. PM me please. Or get my messenger, I believe I have it available.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:31 am

I'm slowly coming back. And I thank you for your concerns, but anyway, remember that even when you don't know it, you might cause some inconveniences to some people. And I guess I should be less empathic in some things. Razz
Back to top Go down
MetaSkipper
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
MetaSkipper

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 pm

YAY! THE POWER LIVES!
Back to top Go down
Beefnautz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Beefnautz

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:32 pm

I will be leaving the forums for a while mainly because I'm kinda uninspired to do anything at the moment. I will come back later when I can get over my usual writer's block.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 3:20 pm

NYAHA'S BEING TESTED!!! ^_^ No, not for insanity, for a heart condition. I got hooked up with a holter monitor today, and my brain should be tested too, because it completely slipped my mind to tell anyone about it until now! X3 Anyway, the tape is kinda uncomfortable, but I'll find a way to make do. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Announcements Thread
Page 15 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next