Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Announcements Thread

Go down 
+104
The Sketch Knight
dragon808tr
Lockheed X-17
Scryangi
Sprix
Bandur Khan
Mr. I
Americanhero45
CrisisOperations
Thywolf
hhhat09
Zephyr102
Venom Agato
Zhivago
JohnboyX
jedi-explorer
EvilGenius
Solomon
Darth_Nergal
W-3-K
Ilceren
Komandr2465
DarkOne
Gabriel115
Chihiro Fujisaki
Darkstorm Zero
Claire
AzureJass
Tango
Prof.Nekko
parameciumkid
MetaSkipper
timing2
McKindle
MrNobody13
Beefnautz
Lobo
Nickonaquamagna
TheArchvile
buddha66667
Vaderaz
Black Hole Fragment
Amaroq
walkingbyself
zersergathant
kikijonson
Sehoolighan
Goldclaw
sparkythechu
space_samurai
vore4life99
Krisexy26
thejackle123
ravaging vixen
Zillachary
luke112
Davis
Shady Knight
Saironthis
Salvyrn
Feadraug
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
Rodeo
tkh1304
Jasconius
Boris92
aethernavale
French snack
Jew
DaNoob13
alliance
spike833
VenomX3000
Zoekin
SuperPieGuy9
Nyaha
Googlememan
Warrior3000
AisuKaiko
Pendragon
Byakugan01
Karbo
DeviantDiscordian
observer88
Stabs
ZionAtriedes
Reptillian
gwadahunter2222
FalconJudge
Oldman40k2003
pyrryn
nksrocks
Archmage_Bael
Jætte_Troll
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
mikeimp
codaman
Asuroth
The Rev
CauldronBorn24
rcs619
/Fish/
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
French snack
French snack

Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Be nice, Cliff. You can make your point, but don't make it in such a rude and insulting manner.

And as I said elsewhere, if you're feeling tense and unable to post calmly and politely, then stay away from the forum for a little while until you've calmed down.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Awwww! D: I was looking forward to getting more feedback from you for my characters!! T.T You were so helpful to me in finishing up Exilon's bio! I really hope you decide to come back someday, and hopefully things will be a lot better around here by then!

Last edited by Stabs on Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not helping.)
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:15 am

Come back or I burn your house down, with the lemons.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm very sorry to see you go : /
you explained your reasons and I respect them though... I want to thank you for having written some of the most captivating and striking stories of Felarya, with unique, memorable and very touching characters. They will be remembered very fondly.. be it Calimn trying to trick Swiftlit into approaching, or Jab trying to befriend him and make him comfortable in her clumsy and harpy-ish way, or Thatris and his tragic and gripping story... Thank you also for your hard and steady work at moderating the group, it was extremely helpful. Thank you and good luck in your future projects and for accomplishing your dreams Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:25 pm

well just got back from alalbama, saw famliy and all that good stuff. But what was interesting was what i and my brother got when we went antquie shopping, I got my hands on a WWII american steel pot helemt (no inside but I happened to have spare one at my home from someother time). I also got matryoshka doll that still had the "Made in USSR" sticker on the bottom. My brother found a fully function (though no filter) M40 gas mask with the carry bag. The steel pot helemt still had tape on it that had "SSGT REEVES" on it, Courious
Back to top Go down
vore4life99
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
vore4life99

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 am

Sick with some strange illness and a horrid cold.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 4:40 am

It's always a bad thing to see someone part ways, specially if they've contributed that much to the community. The only thing we can do is wish the best to that person, so good luck, Mr Nobody!

Also, I've been quite busy lately. Working harder than usual, but someone has to earn his beans. Though don't worry, I won't be vanishing into a bad hiatus... again. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:41 pm

I have an exam in 9 hours 20 minutes from now.

It's Electric Machine Time!
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:21 pm

good luck!
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 am

Leaving for Paris later today until Sunday, then to Berlin Monday til Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am

Electric technology GET! I'm one subject closer to becoming an engineer! And this one was a bitch... I'm sure glad it's over!

Remind me to never slack off again. That sure comes back to bite you in the ass later.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:59 pm

I'll almost certainly be offline for the next week or so. Be good while I'm away! Smile
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:33 pm

French snack wrote:
I'll almost certainly be offline for the next week or so. Be good while I'm away! Smile

... Ok boys he's gone. GET THE PARTY STUFF! And someone get Crisis a party hat!
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
French snack wrote:

My opinion of you doesn't matter; that is a fucking sweet idea.

Nyaha will bake a cake!! ^.^ Lets see, what do people like to eat at parties? Doritos. Beer. Umm...dip? I wonder if I should put chocolate bars in the cake, too?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Nyaha wrote:
Prof.Nekko wrote:
French snack wrote:

Nyaha will bake a cake!! ^.^ Lets see, what do people like to eat at parties? Doritos. Beer. Umm...dip? I wonder if I should put chocolate bars in the cake, too?

Mara will dance with Crisis and Melany Very Happy
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
Prof.Nekko wrote:
French snack wrote:

Mara will dance with Crisis and Melany Very Happy

I'll see if they can do this dance with me Very Happy . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpYWpN0VXU

(watch the whole vid please)
Back to top Go down
Tango
Helpless prey
Tango

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I also have been thinking for a time, and have decided I am leaving the Felarya community. Although my leaving wont have any impact on the community considering how inactive I have been, I still feel I need to clarify a few things.

I really wish I was able to have been more active while I was around. I had a lot of ideas and a lot of scripts written out and I spent God knows how many hours into research, but I never got to do anything with any of it. But perhaps it’s better I didn’t get nearly as invested as others were able to.

Don’t try telling me I can contribute even with the problems still around. If it was so simple I wouldn’t be leaving. Most of my friends have either left or are thinking of leaving, I cannot stay here. When something like an online community causes you stress, you know it’s time to leave. I have a LOT of problems, but the Felarya Community won’t be one of them.

That being said, I also want to clarify that rumors of Jætte_Troll or ZionAtriedes actively trying to talk me and others into leaving the Felarya community are completely untrue. This is a decision I made on my own without any influence from Jætte_Troll, ZionAtriedes, or anyone else.

When people like MrNobody13 and myself are leaving, people who never got involved in any of the drama regarding the letter, you need to realize something is wrong. The tension from the letter and the way it was reacted to is still around, whether you admit it or not, and it shows in the way certain parts of the community are still alienated .

I will still be able to be contacted via MSN or the Felarya Ventrilo, and I will continue to moderate Vent if need be (I really suck at moderating hahaha but I try) and will leave my DeviantART account open so others can view my older art.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Tango wrote:

When people like MrNobody13 and myself are leaving, people who never got involved in any of the drama regarding the letter, you need to realize something is wrong. The tension from the letter and the way it was reacted to is still around, whether you admit it or not, and it shows in the way certain parts of the community are still alienated .

I completely agree. The question remains: how do we fix it without upsetting people all over again?

However, am I very sad to see you leave Sad
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Tango wrote:
I also have been thinking for a time, and have decided I am leaving the Felarya community. Although my leaving wont have any impact on the community considering how inactive I have been, I still feel I need to clarify a few things.

I really wish I was able to have been more active while I was around. I had a lot of ideas and a lot of scripts written out and I spent God knows how many hours into research, but I never got to do anything with any of it. But perhaps it’s better I didn’t get nearly as invested as others were able to.

Don’t try telling me I can contribute even with the problems still around. If it was so simple I wouldn’t be leaving. Most of my friends have either left or are thinking of leaving, I cannot stay here. When something like an online community causes you stress, you know it’s time to leave. I have a LOT of problems, but the Felarya Community won’t be one of them.

That being said, I also want to clarify that rumors of Jætte_Troll or ZionAtriedes actively trying to talk me and others into leaving the Felarya community are completely untrue. This is a decision I made on my own without any influence from Jætte_Troll, ZionAtriedes, or anyone else.

I will still be able to be contacted via MSN or the Felarya Ventrilo, and I will continue to moderate Vent if need be (I really suck at moderating hahaha but I try) and will leave my DeviantART account open so others can view my older art.

...and yet more proof that the atmosphere around this community is being poisoned by the apathy, pessimism and negativity of a small handful of people who have already decided they are done with the setting and want others to be as well. You don't have to intentionally get people to leave for your attitude to begin to poison other people's creative drive.

Slowly and slowly, the vent is turning into the apathetic little clique it has always been stereotyped as, even when it wasn't. It is sad to see, having been there from the beginning. The vent should be a place where ideas are met with "That's neat!" not "Why bother?" and "You're wasting your time, the setting can never get better".

Pure creative poison.

Anyway, good riddance to yet another quitter who would rather run, and complain about there being a problem instead of actually trying to do a single damned thing about it. The only way to make Felarya better is to do more with Felarya. Good contributions to balance out the crap. You don't just give up when you get sick, you pump antibiotics into that bitch until the sickness fades.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Nice Cliff. Real smooth.

You need to have a little more depth of feeling than just spite.

As for the vent, I've always been opposed to people going elsewhere to present their ideas then coming to the forum already knowing everyone's going to say "good job!" because the idea was established elsewhere. Especially when Karbo doesn't use vent in the first place.

The point of the forum is to present your idea here, and get critique here. Not to do it somewhere else and then come here already knowing what others are going to say. It also causes a hive mind response, when one person says its bad, others follow suit without reading. Vent should be a place for idle chatter, not where we present our ideas formally.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Nice Cliff. Real smooth.

You need to have a little more depth of feeling than just spite.

Actually, it is more sadness and maximum disappointment than spite.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 am

I'm sad to see you go Sad
if Felarya was more of a stress and burden than an enjoyment for you it's understandable though...
Thank you for having realized those wonderful landscape pictures. It was good to have you here, and I wish you good luck for the future. I really hope you will manage to achieve your goal of becoming an illustrator. You have definitely what it takes !

rcs619 wrote:

Anyway, good riddance to yet another quitter

Man, like with Mr Nobody that was just mean and *totally* uncalled for >_>
you are welcome to make your points but refrain from being insulting and rude...

I do agree there is a climate of negativity around the vent from what I can hear, though. With *some* people who are delighted in to focusing on negative things, while carefully avoiding the positive ones. That pretty poisonous indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
AzureJass
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
AzureJass

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 am

Tango wrote:

Sad to see you go Tango, you'll be missed Sad.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:19 am

Awww, I really wanted to meet Tango sometime! D: Though, I have to say, though, I understand where he/she's coming from. Felarya causes stress for me, too. But I won't quit. I will never quit until I see this community flourish into the amazing kind of thing it was always meant to be, a place where creative people can come and express themselves without being met by scorn and hatred. I'll see this come true someday, through my own actions, and hopefully, of those around me who feel as I do and want to make a change as well.

I really hope we can make this a fun place to be again! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:29 am

I'm sorry to see you go Tango.

I hope you have better fortune wherever you go.

And Cliff, please try not to be so... negative to someone leaving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Announcements Thread   Personal Announcements Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Announcements Thread
Page 17 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next