Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations

Go down 
+5
gwadahunter2222
L'Ryn
/Fish/
Karbo
Silent_eric
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Empty
PostSubject: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:57 am

If you take a look at the wiki, you'll notice that there are eight different human groups that have been defined. Now look at the neko page. Four. Four neko tribes. And two of them have been destroyed! What's with that?

And so, having become Felarya's resident botanist instead of anything cool, I've set my sights on correcting this problem next. We need more neko tribes. Hell, we could even do with a few neko cities, who says humans have to always be advanced, and nekos primitive?

So, if any of you have any neko tribe ideas, or if you've written about some interesting nekos, this is the thread for them.

Last edited by Silent_eric on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:24 am

Here are the basics for the first neko tribe I thought of, other than Rosic Nekos of course. A cheetah themed tribe known as:

Vite Tribe

In the Great Rocky Fields, this neko tribe thrives on a nomadic lifestyle. They create homes out of the greenish blue grasses that grow there, making their huts easy to assemble and disassemble quickly. It also gives them a slight protection, as their homes blend in with the grass, protecting them from the zone's many types of flying predators.
These nekos hold physical prowess above anything else, and so they regularly train their bodies to survive the harsh conditions the Rocky Fields throw at them. The Vite Tribe emphasizes speed, and they love to race each other more than anything else however. The fur on a Vite's tail and ears are spotted, and they typically look lean and edgy.
The Vite nekos dislike being in one place for any amount of time, a major factor in their nomadic nature. For many of the nekos, even moving their homes every couple of days isn't enough, and the leave the tribe to wander aimlessly in Felarya. Many of these nekos become couriers, selling their speed and racing from village to village to deliver messages, news, and warnings. Many a tribe has been saved from a predator's stomach, from the timely arrival of a Vite neko with a friendly warning. Negav has several of these nekos in it's employ, and they are a common sight, racing through the streets to deliver a message.
Of course, some of the nekos who leave the tribe end up running straight down a predator's throat, so to speak. And some rare ones just wander Felarya aimlessly for as long as they live. If you could ever get one of these nekos to sit still long enough to talk to you, who knows what they'd be able to reveal from their travels.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:38 am

Cheetah nekos... that's an excellent idea !! Razz
It makes sense and it is well though off. I love it ^_^

You really have a great imagination when it comes to ideas and concept, the plant section of the wiki is a testament to that XD
I am just moving this thread in the neko section ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:21 am

Had a bit of a disagreement with eric on the concept of cheetah nekos, well here's my view on it.

I'm more going on sub-species of nekos, since... Well it makes more sense to me if you're going to be using the cheetah basis in a manner that makes sense. >>

Citas

Citas are well-adapted plains-nekos concentrated in several widespread nomadic tribes. Physically they have very slender and toned bodies, the legs of a cat, paw-like hands, semi-retractable claws, and long muscular tails. They also usually have spotted fur and skin, with black teardrop-like markings beneath their eyes. Citas are renowned for their superior dashing speed and run on all fours. Their main natural prey is plains duiker but they do enjoy bite-sized prey when they can get it. Citas can indeed run very fast- going all-out in a straight line some can achieve speeds on par with a Razia! However, they are not build for prolonged running at such speeds, and must stop to rest often between bursts. Their speed comes in handy as prey themselves- if a galloping centaur threatens them, they will scatter at high speed and attempt to out-maneuver the predator. Out of their native plainslands... Citas tend not to do well. Their natural jittery-ness has been known to get them into trouble by running instead of hiding, and the forest takes away an advantage of speed. They also tend to go after some larger prey that they likely shouldn't in the forest, which can lead to encounters with larger predators after the same prey. If they sprint off in an area they aren't familiar with, a local predator might only need to track them down until they tire. Citas are relatively rare nekos, and most that are known of work as couriers.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:47 am

I agree with Fish's idea.

Eric, honestly... yours kind of sucks. It sounds like they're just an entire bunch hyped up on speed and caffeine. Fish's, to me, makes more sense. Anyway, human like limbs would crumble under the strain of running anywhere above twenty six miles per hour, they're simply not built to take that much damage considering how they at put together.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:57 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Had a bit of a disagreement with eric on the concept of cheetah nekos, well here's my view on it.

well that's a nice take on it. I especially like how you challenged their ability in a forest environement Smile

Quote :
Eric, honestly... yours kind of sucks.
that' wasn't very constructive>>
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Karbo wrote:
/Fish/ wrote:

well that's a nice take on it. I especially like how you challenged their ability in a forest environement Smile

Quote :
Eric, honestly... yours kind of sucks.
that' wasn't very constructive>>

And yet I continued on to explain how running with human legs wouldn't work and how their culture is rather lacking in reason beyond that. See, I can be constructive. 8D
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Well I meant not very constructive in the sense that it's not a good way to keep a discussion pleaseant and civil.

Sure you had a point but I am not sure telling Eric that his idea "sucked" was a great way to make it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:46 pm

Hey hey hey you two. Just because this thread is about nekos, doesn't mean you get to have a catfight.

Now let's see here. Like I said before Fish, the neko subspecies idea is fine. It's good. It's well thought out and logical. Believe it or not, I did take what you said into account. Notice the grass hut camouflage idea. It takes away from the original theme of 'cheetah' but that's just where the idea came from. I agree that your Citas is a much better cheetah.

And L'Ryn. Although I wouldn't say my idea sucks, I will admit to having written it up in about ten or twenty minutes. It's a first draft, which is how I write ideas. I just chain together my ideas and write them as soon as I think of them. So of course it won't be golden. All that aside, let's see, you say they sound like a bunch of caffeine junkies. I humbly disagree and point out that such an analogy would fit Fish's idea better, as his have a sudden burst of speed, followed by a crash, just like you get from caffeine. His have a natural jitteryness. Mine don't do that. They simply like to run. They are competitive, and nomadic. But I don't want to compare them. They are literally different species. As for what you said about 'Human limbs crumbling under the strain of running above twenty six miles per hour... Not built for that much damage.' Well, where do I say they run above twenty six miles per hour. Where do I say they have super speed? Where do I say they even try to make their survival by running from preds? I already switched to camouflage after talking to Fish on this subject. The Vite tribe enjoys running. It's their pastime. The same way we on Earth race each other, they do the same. You can run with human legs. It happens all the time. Not at the speed a centaur runs, or a harpy flies, or even a Citas runs, but they can still run just fine. They race each other, not preds.

Now, you said you explained how their culture is rather lacking in reason. I...'m afraid I don't see what you mean. I do admit I didn't put altogether too much into their culture, other than their competitive nature and love of speed. Can you be bothered to clarify please?
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:14 pm

They sound like a bunch of hyper kittens on speed.

What I see in this is it seems like you just wanted to make another cute nekomimi. Except with spots. Do cat like legs scare you that much or something?

Also, the fact you are speaking like that tells me you are getting over worked up about me disliking your idea which is honestly rather immature. Please consider the fact your creation is hardly unique. All they have is a semi-built culture... and spots. This hardly makes them any different from the other nekos. How do you know one of the destroyed tribes wasn't like this? All I'm saying is it lacks anything which makes me say 'ah, there's a unique creation'. Once more; nekos on speed with spots.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:40 pm

Well drat. I had thought I was being fair minded and such. Maybe I don't take criticism as well as I'd like to. I do sound rather catty I suppose (No pun intended).

Honestly, I don't care for muscular girls that much, so this race really isn't wish fufillment. And when did I say anything about not liking cat like legs? I think you must have been talking with Fish about what I was talking to Fish about. And so you've come with a predisposition to my idea. But that's fine, nothing I can do about that.

Yes. All they have is a half built culture, and a slight fur change. That's the only difference. And that's intentional. It's a different tribe of the same species. What's the difference between the Rosic nekos and Scorching claw nekos? What's the difference between an Akaraptor Nomad and a Deluran? They are both still nekos and humans respectively. They aren't a different species, so they aren't that different. Fish's idea is radically different from the neko norm, because it's literally a different species. We both took the same basic concept and took it very different places. And that is fine. Felarya's a big place. His citas can go perfectly well in the Ivokan Savanna. Just as mine can go in the Great Rocky Plains. I honestly hope his idea gets into the wiki as well. It's a good idea.

And there's no reason why they can't both exist.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Ah yes, well, I am predisposed to dislike ideas that basically are just a paintjob and some bad lipstick.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
I do admit I didn't put altogether too much into their culture, other than their competitive nature and love of speed. Can you be bothered to clarify please?

The problem come here, how do you want a race who likes speed and competition which require to be always at 100% and more will perform long effort on long period without to be bored or get exhausted before they reach the end. It's like asking a sprinter to participate to a marathon.

It's obvious this, race is more voracious than the other nekos due to their incredible speed which require many energy. It's obvious they have weaker constitution contrary to an average neko, it's will be hard for them to carry things when they travel. It's obvious they are less endurance than the other race of nekos. Due to their love of speed they will get bored easily when they perform repetitive actions.

To be nomadic, require to be patient, calm, endurance, travel with heavy charge, and to be able to perform the same actions during on a long period.

And other details, the felines can be strong, agile or powerful but they get exhausted quickly and unable to maintain a constant effort on long period. It's clear when I see their behaviours it's more similar to a canidae hybrid creature than a feline creature.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:17 pm

Those are some good ideas Gwada. Just one thing though, they don't really have incredible speed. Their speed compared to a normal neko is the same as an Olympian runner compared to a normal human. They just run a lot and so are a bit faster than most nekos.

The idea of them being more voracious because of their more physical lifestyle. That could very well be true. It's not a bad thought.

But seeing as their homes are simply woven grass, it's very likely they lead a minimalistic lifestyle. So they don't need to carry great loads of things. Their endurance isn't much of an issue. Every week or so, they just up and abandon their homes and travel to a new spot, virtually identical in the barren Rocky Plains, and build new homes.

And I don't see why it takes patient to be nomadic. If the entire tribe has an intense wanderlust, it would only make sense that they'd be nomadic. Not to mention, staying in one area would be detrimental to their health in a plains area filled with predators.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
But seeing as their homes are simply woven grass, it's very likely they lead a minimalistic lifestyle. So they don't need to carry great loads of things. Their endurance isn't much of an issue. Every week or so, they just up and abandon their homes and travel to a new spot, virtually identical in the barren Rocky Plains, and build new homes.

And I don't see why it takes patient to be nomadic. If the entire tribe has an intense wanderlust, it would only make sense that they'd be nomadic. Not to mention, staying in one area would be detrimental to their health in a plains area filled with predators.

There is a huge difference between to be nomadic and to be a wanderer.
The nomads travel with important reserve of foods and waters because the travel are generally long and can last many days, weeks or months before you reach your destination, in this kind of situation strenght and endurance are more important than speed and acceleration which are the good way to waste your energy and consume quickly your resources. The journey are knowns in advance and are rarely or never changed. They start to same point and reach the same points without changing path to avoid to waste the resource.

A wanderer has no precise path, destination, or goal, he travels with few resources and without any kind of preparations or organizations. The travels are spontaneous without any preparations or organisation are generally short due to the lack of resource.

A nomad is very patient because he knows everything about his travel he can last many days or months and prepare himself in consequence. A wanderer travel with few things and finds his foods randomly. In a place like the Great Rocky Field where the resource are limited if you travel light you are dead.

A nomads carries his home with him during his travel contrary to wanderer who is homeless.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Hm. If this is true, than this is an important distinction. By your definition, they are an entire tribe of wanderers. They don't follow a prey's migratory pattern. And due to the intelligent nature of their own predators, following a set route would be a bad thing. And so they have to move in a random pattern. As for the Rocky fields being barren, says who? It never says the fields are barren. It has lots of grass, which means there would be things eating the grass that the nekos can hunt. And there are always neeras or tomthumbs or efrii hidden in the grass as well. So a wanderer's lifestyle could work fine.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:26 pm

Silent_eric wrote:
Hm. If this is true, than this is an important distinction. By your definition, they are an entire tribe of wanderers. They don't follow a prey's migratory pattern. And due to the intelligent nature of their own predators, following a set route would be a bad thing. And so they have to move in a random pattern. As for the Rocky fields being barren, says who? It never says the fields are barren. It has lots of grass, which means there would be things eating the grass that the nekos can hunt. And there are always neeras or tomthumbs or efrii hidden in the grass as well. So a wanderer's lifestyle could work fine.

A wanderer's lifestyle is fine for one or three people. But an entire tribe which has babies, pregnant women, ailing, cannot survive on such a pattern.

Also, I still dislike your idea. They're just over hyped idiots who seem to only race each other. For no reason. At all. And there's nothing that makes them anymore special from other nekos.

Once again, I like Fish's idea because it makes them more distinct rather then another bunch of fuzzy wuzzy kitties that get om nomed.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Silent_eric wrote:

Except all their descriptions shown they are based not on power but vitality, the fact they train constantly, the desire of competition, they tend to wanders and can't stay on the same place shows they have a strong excitation due to a strong vitality which is not the case of a feline creature but more to a creature close to wolves or dogs.

The description of /Fish/ has more sense because it respects cheetah are fast but only on one run.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:56 am

Ok there is an important confusion that I have made in the neko page of the wiki between tribes and sub-species. the two are mixing together.. I am going to correct that.
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:50 am

Confusion between tribes and species? That's actually prevalent in fantasy. You know, one race, one culture.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:54 am

Well, drama aside, I think this idea could be very interesting, have to say I like Fish's idea of cheetah nekos more. Now I can't help but wonder if there would be other subspecies of neko, like maybe leopard-based ones that live in trees, or lionish ones. Because I have to say, the neon-coloured generic kitty ones are a bit dull to me these days.

I looooove how you kept that feature of cheetahs, the only partially retractable claws, Fish. The animal nerd in me is pleased. Maybe they'd also have some other funny cheetah traits too, such as the babies chirping and having a funny little mohawk thing? Because oh God, that'd be the cutest thing ever.

Also, maybe it would be common for them to have dark skin and short-cut hair to keep cool? Because if they live in a hot, savanna enviroment light skin would probably burn pretty easily, and wearing too many clothes to cover up would slow them down considerably. And I really think it'd just suit them too, just an idea.
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:00 am

Alrighty then, after a discussion with eric we have come to an agreement that the Vite/Vithe tribe of nekos, with the citas as their base would be acceptable. Here I have somewhat modified versions of their original entries so that they support one another better, and in my opinion offers a much more fleshed out product.

-----

Citas

This species of plains-neko is mostly concentrated in tribes residing in grasslands such as the Great Rocky Fields and the Ivokan Savahnah. Physically they have very slender and toned bodies, the legs of a cat, paw-like hands, semi-retractable claws, and long muscular tails. They also usually have spotted fur and skin, with black teardrop-like markings beneath their eyes. Citas are renowned for their superior dashing speed, running on all fours to reach their full accelaration.

Citas can indeed run very fast- however, they are not build for prolonged running and must stop to rest often between full bursts. If a galloping centaur threatens them, they will scatter at high speed and attempt to out-maneuver the predator. Their main natural - and often considered traditional- prey is plains duiker but they do enjoy easily-swallowed and live prey like other nekos.

Out of their native plainslands... Citas tend not to do so well at first. Their habit of running instead of hiding has been known to get them into trouble in the jungle, where the environment takes away some of the advantage of speed. Citas are known for being naturally curious, and so they may be drawn to areas besides their native lands in spite of the possible disadvantages they may face. Citas are relatively rare nekos, and most that are known of work as couriers.

Vithe Tribe

The Vithe are a tribe of cita nekos which lead a nomadic lifestyle in the Great Rocky Fields. Their nature and existence of often relying on being athletic enough to catch fairly large and nimble prey and to escape from predators has resulted in the Vithe holding physical prowess above anything else, regularly training their lean, edgy bodies to survive the harsh conditions the Rocky Fields throws at them.

The Vithe Tribe emphasize speed in their culture, loving to race each other as a competitive sport. This activity also serves both as a training exercise and to show off one's physical prowess, the competitions commonly helping to decide a Vithe's ranking and duties.

They create housing out of the greenish blue grasses that grow there, making their huts easy to assemble and disassemble quickly. It also gives them some protection, as the structures blend in with the grass, hiding them from the zone's flying predators.

The Vithe are particularly well known by their habit of moving around very often- as if they just couldn't stand to be in one place for very long at all. It may be this particularity that has attributed to individuals who apparantly cannot stand even to move every few days, and leave the tribe to wander aimlessly throughout Felarya.

Often, such individuals become couriers, selling their natural abilities to deliver messages, news, and warnings quickly. Many a tribe has been saved from a predator's stomach by the timely arrival of a Vithe with a friendly warning. Negav has several citas of this tribe in it's employ, and they can occasionally be seen racing through the streets to deliver their dire messages punctually.

Of course, some of the nekos who leave the tribe end up running straight down a predator's throat, so to speak; others simply wander Felarya aimlessly for as long as they live. Nekos of the Vithe tribe who have survived are typically well-travelled and have seen a lot. If you could ever get one of them to sit still long enough to talk to you, who knows what they'd be able to reveal from their travels!

-----

So, let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:04 am

It makes more sense to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:12 am

fine with me ^_^
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:00 pm

Hey! Here's some things that can help flesh out the tribe more. Or, it could be used to design a totally new tribe of nekos. Anyway, here's a plant, a drug, and a dwelling!

Voba Plant

The Voba Plant is native to the Vithe's homeland and its roots are the main hallucinogenic ingredient used in Vithe Dream Paste. Eating the root by itself produces a similar but more dangerous affect and has been known to induce hazy flashbacks, even of someone else's life. Only the Vithe really know how to properly prepare the voba root. The paste created from the root is often abused by teenage Vithe nekos, but the raw root itself is sought after even more by those with the dream paste munchies.

Vithe Dream Paste

The root of the voba plant, is the main hallucinogenic ingredient used in the production of Vithe Dream Paste, which is highly popular with mystics and teenage Vithe. The Vithe mystics use the Dream Paste when squatting upon the Sacred-but-Unimpressive Woodpile in hopes of receiving a vision from the quasi-sentient oracle. They also use it for many other Vithe rituals, or when bored.

The abuse of this substance has lead to more than a few adolescent Vithe awaking the next morning to find something less than tasteful shaved into their fur, causing them to wonder what they actually did last night while in the psychotropic state brought on by the paste. The fur of some young adult Vithes sometimes seem more decorated than most of their peers, and the usual reason is that they have added the extra rings and designs to cover up the obscene and embarrassing inscriptions often gained from a Dream Paste fueled night on the town.

Several inexperienced Vithe weavers who first try the Dream Paste while working, have managed to knit themselves right into a straightjacket when attempting to produce a regular shirt. However, there have been many innovations created while weaving under the influence; the most notable of which is the Vithe Two-Story Grass Tent

Two-Story Grass Tent

The Vithe Two-Story Grass Tent was developed by a group of adolescent Vithes who had recently ingested a large does of Vithe Dream Paste. The tent was a complete accident; they weren't even trying to weave a single-story tent, but in fact an intricate wall hanging. With so many weavers, all under the hallucinogenic influence of the dream paste, all weaving with both hands and feet, the wall hanging went terribly wrong and ended up as a two-story tent.

Once the dream paste's effects had worn off, the weaving team was very embarrassed to learn that they had failed to create the requested wall hanging. This embarrassment was short-lived, as the other Vithes celebrated the invention of the two-story tent and praised the innovative young weavers.

There are very few Vithe Two-Story Grass Tents in existence, and each one of them is unique. This is because there is no known method of intentionally creating one, and they only seem to happen when a group of teenage weavers ingest dangerous amounts of Vithe Dream Paste and begin a frenzied group weaving. And even then, they more often than not just end up with a tangled mess of grass and a few broken limbs.

Because of the random nature of the creation of the Vithe Two-Story Grass Tent, it is also unknown how the dwelling actually works. It is unclear how to second story of the tent supports the weight put on it by its residents, but it seems to work fairly well so nobody really questions it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations   Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neko Tribes, Communities, and Variations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next