Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Violet's hunt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Violet's hunt Empty
PostSubject: Violet's hunt   Violet's hunt Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 pm

~((A Story Featuring my Dridder Violet and a brand new human character Brianna, enjoy oh and also found on http://melancholy-melody13.deviantart.com/art/Violet-s-Hunt-135811400 ))

Her breathing was harsh and ragged as she ran through the underbrush, her pants torn, sweating profusely with leaves her stuck in her hair. Her mind panicked and fearful about what was chasing her.

Earlier that day a girl by the name of Brianna had just decided to go on a little walk away from Negav, She had medium length dark red hair pulled into a tight ponytail, she was average build wearing a plan blue tshirt and pants.
Brianna thought that if she stayed close by enough to the city the eye would still protect her, but foolishly she wandered off the path, distracted by her own thoughts and daydreams. She cursed herself for doing so. Because of that she wandered far enough where she was a sitting duck for the nearby Harpies. They spotted her quickly as they flew over and dove for her. She barely managed to roll out of the way of incoming talons, and ducked into the underbrush too thick for them to get at.

After this near death experience she decided getting back to Negav woud be best, she'd had enough of a adventure for a day. She could see the large city in the distance, and headed for it trying to stay low. But at times she had no choice but to risk running in the open. The first few times of making a mad panicked dash across each clearing went by fine, nothing spotted her until when we was running across one, a giant insect like leg hit the ground in front of her. Nearly giving her a heart attack, she stupidly yelled out in surprise, attracting the attention of the creature.

It turned out it wasn't an insect leg, it was a spider leg, a giant spider at first glance, but as her eyes gazed further up, there was a human woman fused, from the waist up to the spider half, no not fused, a part of it. A Dridder. The Dridder in question had a very dark purple abdomen. Her skin was also a pale purpleish hue. Her hair followed this same color theme and was a violet color as well. She was a bit heavier set, and oddly enough was wearing a large magenta shirt that had in the middle a strange yellow circle with a chunk missing out of it on one side, like a slice taken out of a pie.

The cry from the girl had caught the giant Dridder's attention, she gazed down and smiled.

"A snack! Oh how lucky for me! I didn't think I'd find anything out here, I was just out looking for some fruit and what do you know, I find myself another treat, lucky me!"

She reached down for the Brianna, but before she could grab her she took off running for the trees again.
"Oh shoot! I shoulda been faster, hey wait up! Don't run so fast, it'll be harder to catch you!"

Brianna didn't listen and ran through the trees, but she noticed she didn't pick a thick enough area to run into, she could hear the spider hybrid close behind her.

She ran still as her lungs ached, clothes started to get torn by sharp sticks along the way.

Finally she couldn't run any longer, and collapsed in a heap on the forest floor.

Heaving as she tried to catch her breath, she heard a loud voice behind her boom;

"Phew. Quite a run you gave me, you're very fast, but I caught you!"

She wanted to run but her sore body wouldn't let her do much more then stand and stumble. It was then that she felt a hand wrap around her and pick her up, lifting her high into the air.

She quivered as the giant spider woman held her above a now open maw, ready to drop her in.

Struggling in vain she yelled out the only thing she could think of saying

"Please don't eat me!"

To her surprise the Dridder closed her mouth, then brought Brianna back down to face level.

"What was that?" The Dridder asked

"Uhhh." The girl exclaimed "I said; please don't eat me?"

"Hmmm…" The Giant woman looked like she was thinking deeply, she stayed this way for awhile. The suspense was killing Brianna as she waited with horror at what she knew must be her impending doom.

"Well.. you DID say please, sooooo okay!"

A dumbfounded look crossed the Briannas' face.

".... what?"

The Dridder flatted her palm out and let the Brianna sit more comfortable

"Well I think manners are VERY important, and plus I'm not really that hungry, and since you said please it would just be plain rude of me to do so! Especially if I'm not that hungry."

Brianna was still amazed at the sheer luck of the situation at hand to respond. But the Dridder didn't notice this and carried on rambling for a bit until she exclaimed something loudly that made Brianna jump.

"OH! how silly of me! I haven't even introduced myself! My name is Violet, what’s yours?"

Brianna finally started to calm down more so she managed to answer with a slightly shaky voice.

"M-my Name is Brianna."

Violet smiled "It's great to meet you Brianna! so tell me how did you get here? You must be from Negav! That’s the only nearby human settlement around here I know of, and I don't think you're a miner, you're not wearing those goofy clothes with the pick axes they were called I think? Yes that’s what they were, pick axes, so that must mean you're not a miner right?"

Brianna nodded "Right, I'm from Negav and not a miner."

Violet beamed "Just as I thought! And oh dear," Violet looked in the direction of the two suns starting to get closer to the horizon" It's gotten late so fast! Would you happen to like a ride back to Negav?"

"Yes!" Brianna answered quickly "Yes please, that would be great, thank you."

"Alright then!" Violet exclaimed as she turned around and started walking quickly. "Shouldn't take long to get there at all, I know the quickest paths there!"

Brianna sat down on Violets palm, then made the mistake of looking down and seeing her Spider like legs moving, she shuddered. Violet noticed this.

"Whats wrong? Are you cold or something? It is getting a little chilly out."

Brianna shook her head "Oh no it's not that it's just… well, never mind."

"No no! tell me please! I'd like to know." Violet pleaded

"Well... you're spider half, I'm kinda arachnophobic and it really kinda scares me"

Violet tilted her head confused "Arachnophobia... Oh that means you're afraid of spiders, right? Well hmm, I'm NOT really a spider though, I just sorta look like one, so technically since I'm not a spider there’s no reason to be afraid at all, right?"

Brianna didn't think of it that way, and it was sorta true, plus it's not like Violet was one of those tiny ones that would sneak into her bed and scare her at night.

"Yeah I think you have a point there"

"See?! So no reason to be afraid of me." Violet said happily.

Brianna decided not to point out how funny that sounded coming from a giant Dridder who normally eats humans.

After awhile of Violet telling stories of her times with Erica and the other harpies, they finally made it to the as close to the city as Violet could get because of the Islon eye.

Violet leaned down and let Brianna off on the ground, she was more then relieved to be nearly home and not sixty feet up in the air.

"It was nice meeting you Brianna! I'm glad I didn't eat you, and if you wanna visit anytime feel free! Oh and if any of the Harpies give you a hard time, just tell them you're a friend of mine and they won't eat you."

Brianna felt more then uneasy with the aspect of running into anymore harpies, but she'd keep this in mind for sure, it might be fun spending time with Violet again, she'd never think she'd get to talk to or be friends with a giant predator.

"I think I'll come back to visit you sometime for sure, Violet". Brianna said with a slight smile"

"Oh excellent! I could introduce you to Erica, and oh I could show you where all the best fruit grows, and I could probably make you some new clothes too, yours look really torn up and I think that’s partly my fault" Violet said a little embarrassed "But no worries, I'll make you a nice new outfit next time we meet! Bye!"

Violet waved as she scurried off back into the giant forest.

Brianna let out a long exhausted sigh, she had a hell of a story to tell when she got home.

((To be continued))

Last edited by Moonlight-pendent on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

Violet's hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violet's hunt   Violet's hunt Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Thanks for posting, I really liked that story. Interesting enough to keep me hooked, simple and fast paced enough to not be boring. Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Violet's hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violet's hunt   Violet's hunt Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:14 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Thanks for posting, I really liked that story. Interesting enough to keep me hooked, simple and fast paced enough to not be boring. Well done!
Lol XD your welcome, I used to post alot more often and thankyou! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Violet's hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Violet's hunt   Violet's hunt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Violet's hunt
Page 1 of 1