Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Empty
PostSubject: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I want to try the whole crossover thing with La-Mulana again, but I'm not sure what to do with the idea.

I know where to start, with Lemeza getting trapped in Felarya and not realizing it, eventually losing most of the artifacts that that make him so powerful, with some exceptions, like the feather, boots, and his leather whip. A confrontation with a naga of some sort, comparison to Tiamat, chase scene, narrow escape, etc.

I don't know quite what to do with this idea though, so I need help. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:31 am

Still not getting very far. Anyone got some ideas to share?
Back to top Go down
JC-Dragon
Naga food
JC-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:54 pm

I would try and help but Since I suck at the game and can't get very far I don't have much to say. (Is space bar the only button u can press, because it seems like it to me other than the arrow keys of course)
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:57 am

JC-Dragon wrote:
I would try and help but Since I suck at the game and can't get very far I don't have much to say. (Is space bar the only button u can press, because it seems like it to me other than the arrow keys of course)

The "M" button is for using subweapons, F1 pauses, F2 shows equipment, F3 shows MSX ROMs, and F4 activates the functions of some ROMs.

You'll probably need to read the manual, which should have been translated with the game if you downloaded the translation patch.

In order to save the game, you'll need to buy a "Game Master" ROM for 100 gold. Yeah, La Mulana forces you to grind just to be able to save the game.

If you need a guide (and you will, trust me) you can watch DeceasedCrab's Let's Play or visit the very helpful wiki.

I'm mostly interested in kinda figuring out how Lemeza would interact with various Felarya characters, as he doesn't meet very many people in the ruins of La Mulana.
Back to top Go down
JC-Dragon
Naga food
JC-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:59 am

ah. I did not know there was a translator patch. that would have been helpful to begin with. no I might actually get somewhere in the game and give you a proper response.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:15 pm

I mostly want tips on how Lemeza should interact with the characters and environment in Felarya. He's not really that well characterized in-game, so mainly he's kind of a generic explorer guy who likes to brag, though throughout the story he'll get some character development.

I kind of want to flesh out ideas on how he'll respond to the other characters, and vice-versa. How will he lose his artifacts? (It should be pretty obvious who'll eventually end up with them, though what exactly happens to them is something I've yet to work out.)

What dangers will he face? How will he escape without the life jewels and artifacts making him stronger?
Back to top Go down
JC-Dragon
Naga food
JC-Dragon

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 4:26 pm

Even a game where the character has little to no dialog still shows a characters nature and attributes of his personality. So when I finish the game I would have a better perspective on how he would react to the world of Felarya and Give much better feedback.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:11 pm

You know how in movies people can use whips to swing from fixtures in the ceiling? That might come in handy for Lemeza in this particular story.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:24 pm

I was just thinking, wouldn't this boss theme work well with a chase scene?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Indeed it sound like a chase I think Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Story Outline: Part One

So, yeah. Basically, I decided I should outline the story idea I have so far before I write it out.

Basically, it starts with Lemeza, having conquered the ruins of La-Mulana, setting out to a private airplane hired by Elder Xelpud to take him back home to Japan, as all the weapons he carries prevent him from using an airport. As Lemeza heads upriver to the private landing strip, his boat is destroyed by a heavy storm, and he finds himself in a part of the jungle he hasn't seen before.

After several encounters with rather nasty creatures, Lemeza finds another adventurer, who informs Lemeza that he is in Felarya and likely ended up there by accident. He tells Lemeza to head to the Great Dimensional Gate if he wishes to return home. Lemeza manages to avoid danger for the rest of the day, and decides to camp out in a relatively safe-looking cave with an entrance much too small for many nastier predators to fit through. To his surprise, when he wakes up, Lemeza finds that his backpack is gone, depriving him of all of his artifacts save the ones on his body! Lemeza realizes he is in a lot of danger, as without the magic of the Life Jewels extending his life force, he is no tougher than an average person. Near the spot where his backpack used to be, though, there are trace amounts of a fine powder that Lemeza recognizes as fairy dust...

I'll outline the rest of the story later.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:23 am

Story Outline: Part Two

Alright, time to outline part two of my story idea.

Lemeza, being robbed of all of his equipment save the items he was carrying on his body (magic feather, La-Mulana Talisman, bracelet, gloves, body armor, helmet, Ice Cape, boots, leather whip, and pistol w/ no ammunition), plus the Crystal Skull, which Subeta the fairy thief that Lemeza had not yet identified could not pick up due to the powerful force field it emits due to its curse. (Note: I'm well aware that Subeta can negate an artifact's ability, but the Crystal Skull's curse is not technically it's intended ability and cannot be nullified except by the La-Mulana Talisman that Lemeza wears.)

More importantly, Lemeza lost the Life Jewels, arguably the most powerful artifacts he had! Without them, he no longer possesses superhuman endurance and can only survive as much injury as a normal person. He knows that he is in danger, and tries to be avoid being noticed by any potentially dangerous predators...

Though the chances he might have had of going unnoticed are blown straight to hell when he encounters a certain naga...

Their interaction when they first meet is priceless :p :

Lemeza: Holy crap, it's Tiamat! What's she doing here!

Crisis: Tiamat? Never heard of her. My name's Crisis, what's yours?

Lemeza: I'm Lemeza...

Crisis: Pleased to eat you, Lemeza!

Lemeza: Don't you mean...

Crisis (Interrupting): Nope!

Cue chase scene. Lemeza, with the help of his magic boots. (nicknamed by Lemeza "The Boots of Running Really Fast") manages to keep from being caught for a while, but is inevitably nabbed at the last second. Lemeza does manage to avoid being swallowed at the last second by using his whip as an impromptu grappling hook to hang from Crisis's uvula...

And ends up being spit out at high velocity at a sharp angle to the ground. As he hits the ground, he breaks multiple bones, and the last thing he sees before passing out is a giant hand reaching for him...
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:37 am

wow he seems quite screwed here ! I'm curious to see waht will happens next Smile

and I loved this nick name "The Boots of Running Really Fast" XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Karbo wrote:
wow he seems quite screwed here ! I'm curious to see what will happens next

Don't worry, he'll be fine.

Would you eat something you just threw up?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Story Outline: Part Three

When Lemeza wakes up, he finds himself on an elevated surface in what appears to be a gigantic room made out of living wood. Still too injured to move, he wonders what had happened...

...Until Crisis shows up again.

Lemeza : GAAAAAAAAHHH!

Crisis: Hey, relax! I'm not going to eat you right now.

Lemeza (still shaking with fear): Uh... I... Wha... Thanks? confused Why? Why are you sparing me?

Crisis: Well, I guess the idea of eating someone I just vomited kind of grossed me out, so I decided I'd give you a second chance when your wounds heal. You can tell me about yourself, and maybe I'll decide to let you go.

Lemeza: And... If you don't?

Crisis: You'll see!

Lemeza is somewhat relieved, though still quite scared. Crisis leaves, presumably to hunt, and Lemeza is left to examine his surroundings. On the same surface, about 30 feet from him, is an assortment of electronic equipment. Among the various doodads Lemeza sees something quite familiar: his MSX laptop, hand scanner, and all of his ROMs! He has no idea how they got there, as they were stolen along with the rest of his equipment in his backpack, but he is absolutely overjoyed to see his MSX stuff, which he values as much as any artifact he's ever collected. He scrambles to the MSX on his broken limbs, so happy to see his favorite laptop. So happy, in fact, that he fails to notice that he's broken several of the various electronic devices lying around...

Last edited by itsmeyouidiot on Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Thinking about La-Mulana's soundtrack again. It seems to fit very well with Felarya in general.

Lemeza's theme song is a perfect theme for exploring the jungle.

Fearless Challenger, the theme of the first area, the Guidance Gate, is perfect for a trap-filled temple.

Grand History, the theme of the Giant's Mausoleum, would work very well with the ruins of Ur-Sagol.

Moonlight Dance, the theme for the Temple of Moonlight, works well for a moonlit night (how unexpected!) in Felarya.

Curse of IRON PIPE, the Spring in the Sky theme, makes one think of whitewater rapids in the Jewel River.

M.U., the Chamber of Extinction theme, would work with a dark and ominous cave.

In the Bottom, Viy's boss theme, works well with an encounter with something huge, monstrous, and menacing, like an abyssal tonorion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)   La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

La-Mulana crossover reboot. (Need help w/ ideas)
Page 1 of 1