Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reboot of my stories

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

Reboot of my stories Empty
PostSubject: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Like some of you may have seen on my last journal, I'm planning to reboot the general stories of the most of my characters. The reason for this is quite simpel: When I started writing 5-6 years ago I had a completely different kind of telling stories. I wa svery much focused on the vore aspect of some of my characters and also they lacked some deepness within their treats and personalities. I want to restart now because I think I can fill my characters with much more background, details and characeristics, which wouldn't be possible with the old story-lines. Another reason is a more egoistic point of view: I haven't written since june and my motivation faded more and more; now that I started to rethink all the old stories, planning them new, I felt how the motivation came back and voila: Yesterday I wrote the first new story at one piece.

If you want to see a detailed list of what I'll change with the different characters, please follow this link: http://ravana3k.deviantart.com/journal/Story-reboot-What-do-have-I-planned-340163164

For the beginning I've planned to start three blocs of stories:

1. The story of Jade and Nina, their childhood, how they rose up and what exactly forced them to leave their homeworld and how each of both came to Felarya. This is one of the blocs which will become the longest because it shows especially Jade's change from a little girl who's eating humans (yeah, Jade also vored in her past) to a strong independent woman who's live-goal is to protect innocent beings from other predators. And it will also tell how Jade and Nina got separated, what happened to Nina after that time and how it changed her.

2. The story of Jora, her time as human and how she ended in Felarya. Additional to this I want to show up how difficult the first time on felarya will be for her. In my old stories she was instantly be welcomed by Marya, another giantess, and she willingly accepted to eat humans. This time I want to show her moral dilemma, the reasons why she decide to become a predator in the end and how it came that she got her rules. She'll also have a mentor but it will be someone else than Marya or Jade.

The first part of her story is already done: http://ravana3k.deviantart.com/#/d5mkpvx

3. The story of my human characters. This includes at the beginning the story of Trisha, the Brave Company and Vale's story. Later the story of Sorcha will be added into that bloc. I want to show the danger of Felarya and the reasons for each of my characters why they stay voluntary in such a world. Some of them because of noble goals, other because of less idealisticc and good intentions. I want to show that living on felarya means a fight for survivin nearby every day and how it changes people. Vale and Trisha will be extremely different from their starting points; their background completely changed.

These three story-blocs will all end at one point: Their arrival at Safe Harbor at different times. They will be used as a basic-ground for any upcoming stories I'll write.

So I'm very curious: What do you think about the idea? What's your opinion, what could get wrong, what could work well? I'd be very happy about all your comments but very much about those who are reading my stories a little longer Smile

Thank you very much in advance
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Whew! All of it?

You were the first to crack 100 stories, and now you've got so many... gotta catch 'em all Laughing

But you've come a long way. Your English is a lot more solid now, and you seem to have a better grip on... well... everything. Besides, checking the frequency of your updates, it kinda looks like you wrote yourself into a corner with Malisha. So, I'm not a big fan of rebooting things, but I'm sure if this inspires you that much, it's the best you can do for yourself.

I kinda like psycho moments, so I'm not going to get my hopes up too much regarding Jora, but Jade and Nina could definitely have a little more work done on their backstories. Also, I kinda liked Sanix, he was badass, but it's true, he was lacking a lot in other traits. I'm sure you can do stories with just as much action without him, and with more developed characters.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Stabs wrote:
Whew! All of it?

You were the first to crack 100 stories, and now you've got so many... gotta catch 'em all Laughing

But you've come a long way. Your English is a lot more solid now, and you seem to have a better grip on... well... everything. Besides, checking the frequency of your updates, it kinda looks like you wrote yourself into a corner with Malisha. So, I'm not a big fan of rebooting things, but I'm sure if this inspires you that much, it's the best you can do for yourself.

I kinda like psycho moments, so I'm not going to get my hopes up too much regarding Jora, but Jade and Nina could definitely have a little more work done on their backstories. Also, I kinda liked Sanix, he was badass, but it's true, he was lacking a lot in other traits. I'm sure you can do stories with just as much action without him, and with more developed characters.

Not all of it. After I've worked out these three blocs, I'll go through my older stories and look after those who are still compatible with it. But yes, it's a lot, you're right ^^ . On the other hand I felt like I wrote myself into a dead-end and this "reboot" (god I hate that word) is something that helps me freeing myself of some mistakes of the past. I don#t want to sound like an arogant jerk but yes: I've improved my writing skills compared to my frist stories and I also think my English became much better. So I see a big field of new potential stories, changes and it does something good to me because the ideas are flowing inside my mind. For example I have around 5 different ideas / scenarios what I should do with Sorcha. Oh and if you like Psycho-Moments; you'll love Sorcha's new profile because one thing I know is that she'll deal completely different with her "gift"

So in the end the new stories will become more grown up, more darker because for me Felarya changed it's picture to a world that will change a person sooner or later. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse; and I have the goal to recreate characters whose actions everybody can understand and feel with them, no matter what kind of assholes they are; I think this worked well with Nina in the end Smile

So yeah, thanks for your comment I appreciated it very much
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:28 pm

REWRITE ALL THE STORIES!
Rewrite ALL the stories?
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Like I said: No, not all. I'll just start new with the background stories of my characters and from there on I think I'll create a line between existing stories and those I'll write completely new for that updated background. You could see it as an alternative timeline of my characters
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 3:19 pm

The first three parts about Jora's time as human and how she came to Felarya are now finished. You can find part I (and all links to the following parts) here: http://ravana3k.deviantart.com/art/Felarya-Jora-A-giant-beginning-340249101?q=gallery%3Aravana3k&qo=2

I would be very happy to hear your comments to it either here or in the Deviatation or in both Very Happy I'm very happy about how all this came out so far and I think it's much more advanced than inthe past.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 am

Well 2012 is over and I wanted to take a short look back. For those who have read my rebooted stories so far (for all others: Feel free to take a look here: http://ravana3k.deviantart.com/gallery/ )I would like to ask what do you think about it? Did the reboot did some good? was it useless so far? Any things you would have done different?

I'm quite satisfied with the result so far and Jora's story is now about 35 pages long and not even half of it is written. Jade will follow soon Smile

Thank you very much in advance for your comments
Back to top Go down
CrisisOperations
Naga food
CrisisOperations

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:49 pm

I've read them all and they're great! Keep it up!

P.S.I never was able to read your old stories due to being stopped by grammar mistakes every so often.
Back to top Go down
Ravana3k
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Ravana3k

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm

CrisisOperations wrote:
I've read them all and they're great! Keep it up!

P.S.I never was able to read your old stories due to being stopped by grammar mistakes every so often.

Glad you like them so far Smile

And yes, in the past my grammar was horrible. I hope it became better during the time
Back to top Go down
CrisisOperations
Naga food
CrisisOperations

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes it did, you improved quite a lot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reboot of my stories   Reboot of my stories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reboot of my stories
Page 1 of 1