Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How about a Bones crossover?

Go down 
+2
Krisexy26
Greyman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

How about a Bones crossover? Empty
PostSubject: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 7:55 pm

Still trying to decide what my first Felarya story, if any, should be. But after ODing on the entire series on Netflix, I think I have a good idea....

Suppose there's a bunch of mysterious murders in Negav that have everyone there stumped. Predators outside hear rumors about it, but barely give it a second thought...until the decaying body of a fairy, killed while human-sized and in the same manner as the human murder victims, is found. Getting a feeling that a chain of events is happening in Felarya that will spiral out of control, Jora convinces Isham and Lea to find a way to Earth. Their job is to bring back the only one Jora knows can unravel the mystery: Dr. Temperance Brennan.

I really want to do a deep story with Jora, having it so Bones used to be Jora's idol, having briefly met before the latter became a giantess. Then there'd be conflict as Jora must work with her hero-figure while Bones can't quite accept what Jora's become. I'd also want to use Subeta, with her eventually making it to Earth and going NUTS in the Jeffersonian. Other Felarya characters I'd use a lot are Crisis, Anna, Vivian, Milly, Lily, Noxcia, Remus, Alvar and Fiona. Lastly, I'd like it to be a sort of prequel to Karbo's manga, involving Lesona's machinations and her even briefly meeting Crisis.

Well, there's my wild plot bunny of the week. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 pm

that part:

Quote :
Suppose there's a bunch of mysterious murders in Negav that have everyone there stumped. Predators outside hear rumors about it, but barely give it a second thought...until the decaying body of a fairy, killed while human-sized and in the same manner as the human murder victims, is found.

its strong.

that other part

Quote :
Isham and Lea to find a way to Earth

is just simply hot!
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:09 pm

I would not recommend this for a first felarya story.

Develop your own characters, you shouldn't try to pin your story up with other people's characters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 7:29 pm

forget a-j's comment.

just ask the author's permission. if they say yes, go for it. if they say no, well you'll have to do something else or, otherwise, just ask them if you can use their characters into a non-canon story where you can do what you want with them, but you have to clearly specify that this is far from the real reality of those persos.

just go write it and have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Krisexy, that was a little rude. It's disrespectful to say that someone's comment is entirely invalid, especially when they're genuinely trying to offer useful advice.

AJ has a very good point. Many people would take offense to a severe misuse of their characters, either intentional or unintentional. It's a good move to work on solidifying your own contributions and get a better feel for writing and for the universe in general before attempting something like this.

Even still, I know that crossovers are usually viewed as being almost entirely tongue-in-cheek humor. Now, that certainly has its place, but it's not a good foundation to build yourself on.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:

Even still, I know that crossovers are usually viewed as being almost entirely tongue-in-cheek humor. Now, that certainly has its place, but it's not a good foundation to build yourself on.

Unless your glory is being a comedian.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Quote :
AJ has a very good point. Many people would take offense to a severe misuse of their characters, either intentional or unintentional. It's a good move to work on solidifying your own contributions and get a better feel for writing and for the universe in general before attempting something like this.

aj has a better point? look at mine:
Quote :
just ask the author's permission.

thats pretty much that.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

I said "I would not recommend this for a first felarya story."
My point is that this is not the kind of story an inexperienced, first time Felarya author should be writing. You've never used other people's characters before, you've had no experience writing in Felarya. To pull this kind of crossover off properly, you're going to need that experience. Sure, people can help you, but you still need experience to know when to ask for help or what to ask for help with. If you ask for help with everything, you're not really writing the story, someone else is.

My point about characters is this; If you have no experience using your own characters, how can you expect using other people's characters? You can't.
To he honest, I wouldn't let someone use my character(s) until I had seen how they use their own.

My advice is to shelf this for now.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:59 pm

i dont care that much about my characters. if people wants to use them, go for it. just keep in mind that what you are writing, i will not take this into account.

if the newbie has inspiration, dont block it jeez.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
i dont care that much about my characters. if people wants to use them, go for it. just keep in mind that what you are writing, i will not take this into account.
You can not speak for everyone
Krisexy26 wrote:
if the newbie has inspiration, dont block it jeez.
That's your interpretation. It appears to me that you often assume the worst possible interpretation of messages which you disagree with. I'm not blocking anything. My advice was to shelf it. Pick it up later, not drop it altogether. I thought I made that pretty clear.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Quote :
You can not speak for everyone

so do you.

Quote :
That's your interpretation. It appears to me that you often assume the worst possible interpretation of messages which you disagree with. I'm not blocking anything. My advice was to shelf it. Pick it up later, not drop it altogether. I thought I made that pretty clear.

well for me you werent clear. and if he has an idea, whatever it might be, if THE RIGHT PEOPLE are involved and agreed to it (which I think you arent since lea and isham does not belong to you), who are YOU to decide otherwise? that is my point. and it appears to me that you often try to make them believe your point of view is the best. when I see that, I come and offer him another point of view.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Well, as long as he doesn't misrepresent characters, then I have no problem with it. Though I agree with Krisexy on the fact that we shouldn't hinder him if he has inspiration to write. Though if you're really concerned, you could offer your help, or he could ask for it after he's done with the rough draft.
Back to top Go down
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:24 pm

OK, finally compelled to say something now.

First off, while this would indeed be my first FELARYA story, it wouldn't be my first story EVER, my first CROSSOVER ever, or even my first giantess-themed story ever. And to make sure I'd truly get the canon characters down, I'd be sure to read much more of the canonized stories. Part of the reason I'm thinking about this is because I love all the characters created for this universe, and they're the reason I keep coming back.

As for creating my own characters first...for a story like this, making some of my own to fill certain roles would be a must, that's for sure. I just don't feel confident enough yet to make Felarya OCs that take center-stage, that's all. Whoever I introduce may get their own stories later, but I don't foresee any instant heavy-hitters like Jora, Milly, Fiona and Remus vir Patstriker.

Now, the mentioning of comedy...any fan will tell you the strength of Bones comes from it being a character-driven show that ABSOLUTELY REFUSES to take itself too seriously. That's the real reason I think it works for a crossover. Also, another idea I floated months ago was a MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER spoof, and NO ONE objected. In fact, Karbo, Ravana3k and FrenchSnack even gave me their blessing.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:39 am

I see no problem with what you've come up with in that story. It could be most interesting. Crossovers have been done before (and done quite well), though I don't recall using so many characters as you intend to. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using other people's characters in your stories or even making them the basis of your story as long as you seek the creator's permission.

Bottom line: Write what wish and do not attempt to please everyone. Let the words speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Greyman
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Too MANY characters? Did you ever read Silver Scales?! Except for Lea and Melany, that comic had just about EVERY major Felarya character you can think of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about a Bones crossover?   How about a Bones crossover? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How about a Bones crossover?
Page 1 of 1