Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tree Nymphs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:30 pm

Tree Nymphs --

You're walking alone through the woods of Felarya (cause you're an idiot, apparently) when, amazingly, a beautiful, naked girl literally walks OUT OF A TREE! You can hardly believe your eyes, especially when she walks over to you seductively. She leans in toward your face, and you close your eyes in anticipation of a kiss. It's at that point that she begins swallowing you whole before returning back inside the tree to digest you. Congratulations, you just became Tree Nymph food. But, hey, at least you'll make a tasty fruit!

-- Eating Habits
Tree Nymphs have a unique diet. They are completely unable to consume dead flesh (they will immediately vomit it up). Live flesh, however, plays an essential role in their lives, especially with concern to their magic and, surprisingly, their reproduction.

Tree Nymphs have a surprisingly stretchy mouth and digestive system. They are able to consume whole live beings up to twice their size. The Tree Nymph's body doesn't actually digest their meals, that is left to their Tree (See Tree Nymph's Secret).

A Tree Nymph can go their entire lives without consuming eating a single living being (See Magic), or even eating anything at all, instead receiving nutrition directly from their tree, which creates its own food through photosynthesis.

-- Magic
Tree Nymphs are, quite naturally, excellent plant magic users...as long as they are well fed. Tree Nymphs store magic energy gathered from consumption of living beings.

The magical energy of a Tree Nymph is stored inside of their Tree, and is soaked into every fiber of the it. Because of this, Tree Nymph wood is highly sought after by magic-users for construction of staffs and wands.

-- Reproduction
When a Tree Nymph consumes a living being, their tree produces a single fruit. This fruit contains an average of 5 seeds. All seeds produced by a Tree Nymph will grow into a tree, but only 1 in approximately 100 will produce a Tree Nymph when planted.

Because young Tree Nymphs rarely grow close to their parents (thanks to the seeds being distributed by natural causes, such as birds) they have a special memory system. Newborns are born with strong memories from their parents. Some exceptionally strong memories are even passed down from generation to generation.

-- Tree Nymph's Secret
The biggest secret of the Tree Nymphs is this: The body they show is not their true body. Their true body is their Tree...kinda. It is a somewhat difficult concept, but neither the Tree nor the humanoid body is the real Tree Nymph. The easiest way to think of it is that the soul of the Tree Nymph is contained within the Tree, and the body is a sort of remote-controlled interface with others.

The rationale behind keeping such a secret is that the Tree Nymphs do not want to expose what could be considered their greatest weakness. Their body, which is literally created by the tree (and subsequently reabsorbed when the body re-enters the Tree, as well as anything that is contained inside it), is irrelevant when it comes to taking damage. The body can be destroyed without any adverse effect, except for a minor depletion of magical energy needed to generate a new body. However, if the Tree is killed, the Tree Nymph will instantly die.

Comments and questions are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Mmm... Seems a bit... I don't know. I get a "normal Nymphs that eat people" feel from it...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:00 am

Is it really necessary for the to swallow the prey and then take it inside the tree? Couldn't they just lure then straight into the tree? Or does the tree only absorb the Nymph (and whatever in inside the nymph).
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Is it really necessary for the to swallow the prey and then take it inside the tree? Couldn't they just lure then straight into the tree? Or does the tree only absorb the Nymph (and whatever in inside the nymph).

The latter one. The Tree can only absorb the Nymph and whatever's in the Nymph.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:01 am

I think the vessel idea is clearly nice and interesting Smile
but I agree a bit with Falconjudge here. I think they could use more specific traits to make them stand out more.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 am

Maybe the tree looks different from normal trees?
...or maybe it's a magic tree

maybe have runes or something on it if you looked at it with a magic detection item?

Maybe they can actually eat you USING the tree?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:38 am

pirostyle wrote:
Maybe the tree looks different from normal trees?
...or maybe it's a magic tree

maybe have runes or something on it if you looked at it with a magic detection item?

Maybe they can actually eat you USING the tree?
Not sure that's what they mean by "use more specific traits to make them stand out more."
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
pirostyle
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
pirostyle

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:35 am

FalconJudge wrote:
Mmm... Seems a bit... I don't know. I get a "normal Nymphs that eat people" feel from it...

My suggestions were based around this comment

So I tried to suggest something to make it better then normal
Back to top Go down
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Karbo wrote:
I think the vessel idea is clearly nice and interesting Smile
but I agree a bit with Falconjudge here. I think they could use more specific traits to make them stand out more.

Well, I'm not sure how to give them more specific traits. I like them how they are. If you have any suggestions, though, I'd be willing to consider them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tree Nymphs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tree Nymphs   Tree Nymphs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tree Nymphs
Page 1 of 1