Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing

Go down 
+28
Irrelevant
Anime-Junkie
dlausactor6373
Cypress
Malahite
Feign
melancholy-melody13
observer88
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Zoekin
Sephimink|Kyle
xThunder
The Nordic Ninja
The Rev
Shadow_RA
MukatKiKaarn
jurodan@gmail.com
ExpiredPopsicle
gwadahunter2222
Sean W
Karbo
Feadraug
Pendragon
Siafu789
R.J
Rythmear
Ravana3k
nksrocks
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 am

Does your skin turn green?
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:46 pm

One of my favorite artists is Tom Waits.

"Jesus Gonna Be Here"=perfect song of pure blasphemy.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Darn lumberjacks. Darn them!!

Does anyone like metal?
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:38 pm

The Rev wrote:

Does anyone like metal?
Kinda, though only if Death Metal.

Namely because it solves every problem.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Siafu789 wrote:
One of my favorite artists is Tom Waits.

"Jesus Gonna Be Here"=perfect song of pure blasphemy.

I haven't listened to his music, but I loved him in Dracula. Oh, and I'm listening to Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds right now.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:19 pm

Malahite wrote:
The Rev wrote:

Does anyone like metal?
Kinda, though only if Death Metal.

Namely because it solves every problem.
Thats the kind that I don't like, though you have a point.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:05 am

I like Golden Brown
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:00 pm

Some-body once asked, "could you spare some change for gas", "I need to get mah self away from this pla-ace"

Rhyming FTW
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:47 am

I'm gonna bump this with some of my favourite music.
(Note: the song titles I have listed here are the correct ones, sometimes the youtube videos are incorrectly titled.)

Starting with Star One, a side project by Arjen A. Lucassen.
Each of these "space metal" songs is based off a different science fiction TV series, movie or book. Can you guess which is which?
Liftoff and Set your controls I think a lot of people should get this one. (Liftoff is the the first track, Set you Controls the second. But the latter follows on from the first).
High Moon - A good song
Songs of the Ocean
Eye of Ra - Even though i've never seen the movie this is based off, I still like it.
Sandrider - ZionAtreides will get this one.
Perfect Survivor - "I find it hard to escape it's attraction"
Intergalactic Space Crusaders - The chorus in this soig is great.
Starchild - Based of one of my favourite science fiction novels.

Another of Arjen's projects (this time a main one); Ayreon. I've only got one of the albums; 01011001, but I love it. The album is a space opera spanning 2 discs. It links to other albums in the Ayreon project. I haven't listed all the songs, just some of my favourites or notables.

Age of Shadows/We Are Forever - The first Ayreon (and Arjen) song I heard, It captured my attention instantly. it starts of fast paced but then slows down in the middle just to pick up again towards the end. I have listened to this song over 300 times.

Comatose - A much slower song, yet still great, to me it''s filled with longing. (Listened to this one over 155 times)

Ride the Comet - I listen to this one whenever I want a boost, it's fast paced and has a feeling of hope.

The Truth Is In Here -This shows the diversity of music found in Ayreon and Arjen's music in general.

Unnatural Selection - Just a good song; it has a hint of truth about it.

This last song in the album is The Sixth Extinction (there is a Fifth earlier in the album).
It's very long since it's almost 6 different songs.
it's full name is:
The Sixth Extinction: Echoes on the Wind/Radioactive Grave/2085/To the Planet of Red/Spirit Of The Wind/Complete the Circle.. This is my favourite song in the album, it brings together so much from the other songs as well as (I've heard) from other Ayreon albums. (It's divided into 2 parts on youtibe due to it;s large size)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: I gave this post a title. You're looking at it.   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:41 am

Jesus, the last post in this thing was over TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO. Had to pull out the Necronomicon for this one, eh, Anime-Junkie? Jeez. Anyway.

I A song from Star Fox 64, possibly one played on Corneria, remade using Lex Luthor "WRONG!" clips, and a backing track of the original song.
just Super Mario World's Athletic Theme, remade using Sho Minamoto quotes from TWEWY, and a backing track of the original song.
got Night of Nights, Sakuya Izayoi's Embodiment of Scarlet Devil theme, remade using words/noises said/made by Captain Falcon. Again, backing track.
out A remix of Ancient Hero by OCRemix's own DarkeSword, which was a remix of The Legendary Hero from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Yes, it's a remix of a remix. TF2 character words/noises, backing track.
of Remix of Sky High made with a backing track of Sky High, the original song, and quotes/noises from characters, mostly the BLU Spy, from the "Meet the Spy" video for TF2. An appropriately named YTP.
the Remix of Clash on the Big Bridge from one of the Final Fantasy games, not sure which one since I've never played any of them, with the backing track and Ronald McDonald's standard "Ran Ran Ru" noises. Renamed "Clash on the Big Mac." Again, appropriately named.
shower Remix of Midna's Lament from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Billy Mays quotes, backing track. Rest in peace, Billy. Gone, but not forgotten.
and Remix of Apollo Justice's Cornered Theme. TF2 character words/noises, backing track.
I'm Remix of one of the newer Pokemon songs that I'm unfamiliar with since, aside from Pearl a few years ago, I haven't played any Pokemon games in 7+ years. TF2 character words/noises, also some other effects like gunshots from pistols, the sniper's sniper rifle, sentries, etc- probably others in the other videos made with TF2 noises, too. Backing track.
feelin' These last three are folders containing just under 600mb worth of music, each. They're mostly remixes, but some are originals, of Touhou songs. I don't blame you if you choose not to download any of them- 600mb is a lot of space to most people.
pretty These last three are folders containing just under 600mb worth of music, each. They're mostly remixes, but some are originals, of Touhou songs. I don't blame you if you choose not to download any of them- 600mb is a lot of space to most people.
great. These last three are folders containing just under 600mb worth of music, each. They're mostly remixes, but some are originals, of Touhou songs. I don't blame you if you choose not to download any of them- 600mb is a lot of space to most people.

Last edited by Irrelevant on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jeez, that took longer than I thought it would.)
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Irrelevant wrote:
Jesus, the last post in this thing was over TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO. Had to pull out the Necronomicon for this one, eh, Anime-Junkie? Jeez. Anyway.

I
just
got
out
of
the
shower
and
I'm
feelin'
pretty
great.
Posting descriptions would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Irrelevant wrote:

I
just
got
out
of
the
shower
and
I'm
feelin'
pretty
great.
Posting descriptions would be nice.

Fix'd. P:
Back to top Go down
NinthSun
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
NinthSun

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Apocalyptica
Avenged Sevenfold
All That Remains
Deftones
Korn
P.O.D.
Static-X
Rob Zombie
Linkin Park
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
(hed) PE
10 Years
Gorillaz
Disturbed
Mushroom Head
Metallica
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Flyleaf

That mostly sums my taste up. I know that that isn't all of the bands/genres of music I listen to, that's just what I could remember as I was posting this. Music to me is one of the greatest aspects about life.
What sounds like a bunch of discordant notes to one person wont necessarily be the same for the next. Great isn't it?
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Bat outta hell   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:50 am

this summer, I got turned on to the classic song, Bat Out of Hell. I swear......the guitar riffs in that song echo through my soul and blast in my dreams.
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:46 am

I've been listening to quite a bit of Deadmau5 recently, among other techno artists. But mostly Deadmau5.
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Azure&Sands - Emotional Skyscraper - Cosmic Mind.

Can anyone else hear the ending credits to Super Mario World 1 for the SNES, and Jingle Bell Rock, specifically the "Mix and mingle in the jingle bell rate; That’s the jingle bell rock" part?
Back to top Go down
Irrelevant
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Irrelevant

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:59 am

Treacherous Maiden - Judas Kiss (Piano)

Wut.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:03 am

Irrelevant; please don't double post. If you have another thing to add, just edit your previous post.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Just Got Lucky, by Dokken.
Ive loved this song for years, but this live version is DIVINE. The openig guitar is just EPIC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RqgwLhA8_4
Back to top Go down
Boris92
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
Boris92

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 pm

Canon. In. D.

I absolutely LOVE that song! Even though I forgot the name of it for the past week :/
Oh yea, it can be heard here
Back to top Go down
Sehoolighan
Survivor
Survivor
Sehoolighan

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:50 pm

I have... un... deux... trois... three songs that I shall share to you all!

#1: Twisted Nerve This song I consider my trademark since I can near perfectly whistle it, something everyone else I know cannot do.

#2: Avantasia by... Avantasia This song reminds me so much of Felarya... well the hymm anyway... well the second bit of it actually... Now that I think about it Cry of the Banshee does a better job of reminding me of Felarya... I am now confused.

#3: Victoria's Secret by Sonata Artica A funny name for a beautiful song, but still a beautiful song for a metal band, I include this song since it reminds so much of a well done drawing by one of our talented artists, I suggest you all hear it and anyone who knows who I am talking when you hear it I hope you agree and for those who don't here's a hint: the stormclouds are gone.
Back to top Go down
http://sehoolighan.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing   MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC! the simplest off-topic thing
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4