Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hunters catch

Go down 
+7
SuperPieGuy9
Stabs
Jætte_Troll
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
JohnDoe
melancholy-melody13
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Big thanks to Fish for all the help on grammar, and even parts of the fighting dialog on this!!

The Hunter's Catch

Silently the red-scaled naga made her way through the underbrush. She'd been tracking down this group of humans for awhile now, stealthily moving through the forest as best she could. As they were a fairly large group of four to five when she'd seen them, they'd immediately caught her attention. Her mouth watered and stomach growled as she thought about how they'd taste. Luckily her appetite was held over somewhat by a neko she'd caught earlier.

She silenced her thoughts and kept her attention on them lest her unattentiveness allow them to escape. They must not have been but a tail length away... Suddenly a strong scent assaulted her nostrils. She realized she must be nearing the beach.

'Perfect!' She thought, grinning. 'I have them cornered now. There's no escape.' Brushing her short violet hair out of her face she continued out of the forest to slither onto the vast sandy beach decorated with a few large rocks here and there. She scanned around the area. The humans weren't in plain sight- she figured they must have been hiding around the rocks. Smirking, she began searching, peering behind and flipping them over. Soon she'd be happily full of delicious, squirming humans!

"Hey you! Naga!" Yelled a voice behind her. Turning, she saw a human running out in the open waving her hands. "Yeah you! scale-ass! I'm right here, come get me!"

The Naga laughed out loud at this then quickly advanced, scooping up the human who was oddly calm despite the situation she was in.

"Are you sucidal or something? I'm going to eat you, don't you know that?"

The human just smiled at her. Instead of answering she replied "Hello, my name is Megan. What's yours?"

"Um.. My name?" the naga asked, confused. "My name is Tina. But you don't need to bother knowing that because you're just my lunch."

The human continued to smile unsettlingly as Tina heard a large splash behind her and the sound of something dragging through the sand.

Turning around, Tina was met face to face with a huge smile of jagged sharp teeth and a face with pitch black eyes.

Tina was staring at a mershark, which she'd never thought could even come ashore. Now, lo and behold, this one was certainly on land and 'standing' upright at eye level with the giant naga. She had crazy, unkempt long blue hair and her entire body seemed riddled with ugly scars of various types.

The naga continued looking on in shock until the mershark broke the silence.

"Hi!" she greeted gleefully, showing off her maw full of knife-like serrating teeth.

"Hi..." Tina replied. "Um... Who are you?"

"Me?" The mershark beamed. "I'm Jasmine! Jas for short! And hey- you found my friend!" Jas pointed a claw-like finger towards the human Tina was clutching. The human waved back to the selachi.

"Oh- your friend.. Well, um..."

"Hey, mind putting my friend down so I can eatcha?" Jasmine asked with the same cheerful disposition.

Tina blinked, began to pale in fright and slowly started backing away while stuttering.

"Hey! I asked nicely. Ah well, everyone always chooses the hard way."

With speed that surprised Tina, the mershark lunged at her with a widening mouth of those fearsome teeth. Before she could move, they latched deeply into her arm. Pain shot through her as flesh was sheared mercilessly by unnumerable saw-like teeth.

Ignoring Tina's screams, the selachi began thrashing, jerking her about until, suddenly, the bone snapped. Her arm was suddenly gone, leaving her shaking in complete horror as blood splurged from just above where her elbow was.

Jas stopped shaking her head as she felt the appendage tear off in her strong grip. She was nearly getting overly worked up when she remembered her human friend still clasped in the detatched limb. She set it down, not wanting her friend getting harmed after she'd just helped her catch a huge meal.

After seeing her little friend was safely out of the way, she turned back to her meal. Frustratingly the naga was slithering back to the jungle while leaving a trail of blood behind, setting Jas off in a frenzy of hunger.

Jas tried leaping at her but she was now too far away, and instead landed face first in the sand. Not letting this slow her down she lifted herself back up and dug her claws into the ground, pulling herself across the beach. She ignored the little cuts and gashes that the grating sand and rocks caused as she drug herself. Her mind was in the state of a feeding frenzy right now and she only had one goal in mind, which she would not stop until she reached.

Tina was panicking. She was losing blood quickly from her wound- she had to find some place safe to patch it up so that the soil could heal her. She slithered for the trees as fast as her tail would move, her mind a blur of fear and desperation.

'Almost... There..' she thought as she closed in on the treeline. There was no way that freak could reach her here- her thoughts were cut off with a new pain jolted through her tail. She twisted around to see claws digging into her tail, digging between her armored scales into the flesh beneath and tugging her back.

"I caught you!" The crazed mershark yelled triumphantly as she began to pull the injured naga closer.

Tina screamed and flailed her remaining arm in an attempt to grab onto one of the trees to pull herself away, but it seemed like she was just a hair's width from latching on to anything.

'Shit, I'm going to die! is this how it ends? Me being eaten by an ugly sharktaur? No, no! It can't end this way. I'm not going to give up, not without a fight. I can beat this oversized piranha!'

Turning on the offensive, she moved her powerful coils into action, surprising the selachi as she quickly wrapped her up within the strong coils. She began to constrict.

"I'm going to squeeze the life out of you- you damn fish!" Tina yelled, enraged, tightening her powerful tail muscles further.

In response the mershark began thrashing back and forth, trying to twist her limbs out of the suffocating grip. Her face began to darken, taking on a purple hue.

Within her coils the sharktaur continued to struggle. Focused only on killing her attacker, Tina squeezed harder as she rocked back and forth. She winced slightly as the spiny skin dug at the ridges of her scales, beginning to peel some of them back and get at the vulnerable skin beneath. Of course, it didn't compare to her dismembered limb and she tried to ignore it. Another lurch from the shark half against her coils sent pricks of pain through her- she reflexively adjusted her tail. For an instant this allowed the selachi to squeeze a claw out of her grip, slicing at her chest. In fright the naga re-tightened her tail. The two rolled back from the treeline as she struggled to fend off the razing claw with her remaining arm.

Tina's tumbling brought them back towards the beach. The clawed arm raked at her still- and then a new pain struck through her back unexpectedly as she came to an abrupt halt at a small boulder. Something long and sharp was digging into her back, what must have been a spear-like rock. The wind knocked out her, the grip of her tail softened. Her eyes grew wide as the selachi lurched at her through her coils.

Squeezing her body out of the tail's grip, Jas took her opportunity to lunge for the naga's neck. A sickening snap echoed throughout the area.

With the naga now dead Jas began her feeding, easily slicing open the abdomen. She tore out the liver first, as it was her favorite piece of each prey. Rich and juicy, she savored devouring it. Continuing her binge, she ate one of the naga's lungs. A surprise came to her while she ripped out some more of the naga's organs, that when she picked up the stomach she noticed something moving against the inside of it.

Now that some food in her stomach had calmed her down a bit, she carefully ripped the organ open with one of her claws. Interestingly, she found a still-living humanoid inside. Picking it up, she noticed it was a sobbing girl covered in the vile smelling liquid of the naga's stomach. She had short dark red hair and most of her clothes had been burnt off along with some patchs of skin.

"Well hello there, who're you?"

The girl coughed and the strange pointy things on top of her head twitched.

"Hey wait, aren't you a.. Um, what are they called? Neko? Yeah thats what you are, don't see many of you round here." Jas turned and called to the other hiding humans in the area who helped lure the naga to her. "Hey guys! You should check this neko out, I just saved her after all, and it wouldn't be right if she just died before I got to brag to her about the fight I just went through to save her."

Smirking, Jas lowered her hand down to the ground and a few of the humans helped the wobbly neko up.

"I wanna see her when you guys fix her up and all- don't forget!"

Jas turned to Morgan who had managed to pry herself from the naga's dismembered hand.

"OH! I nearly forgot to ask." Jas scooped Megan roughly up to eye level. "Tell me! what color did I turn when I was getting constricted? I bet it was orange! Oh tell me it was orange!"

"I'm afraid not Jas, it was more of a purple color."

"Purple?! Really? Oh come on. I wanted to be orange! Orange is a better color- it's all bright and menacing and stuff. I've turned orange before ya know, 'course it was by an undersea naga so maybe that's the difference, it must be! Land nagas turn you purple when they constrict you and sea nagas turn you orange!"

"Really? That's awesome!" Morgan replied, smiling. She knew Jas was just making stuff up, but no harm done by it.

Jas smirked proudly. "I ate that naga too! She almost had me, but I amazingly managed to tear off her entire tail! clean from where it connected to her upper half. Without help from anyone might I add. Now if ya don't mind, I'ma eat my lunch."

She placed Morgan back on the ground. "Nice hunting with ya! And don't hesitiate to tell me if there are any other predators hunting 'round your village. I'm here to help!"

With that, Jasmine went back happily to her meal.

Last edited by Moonlight-pendent on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : some grammer and stuff)
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:32 am

Dang, vicious beastie isn't she?

Nice intro to the character.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:40 am

JohnDoe wrote:
Dang, vicious beastie isn't she?

Nice intro to the character.

It's what makes her so loveable though

and thankyou, though I think I shoulda been more discriptive in some places I think this is a decent start for Jas's Storyline.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:44 am

yeah, the fight makes for good character interaction, which takes my mind off the need for details, Razz
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:42 am

It's nicely written but... Um seeing her dismember, disbowel a characte like that.. it's a bit too much for me T_T
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:46 am

Karbo wrote:
It's nicely written but... Um seeing her dismember, disbowel a characte like that.. it's a bit too much for me T_T

*a fairy comes a long and hugs karbo*

yeah, I guess sometimes you can be too descriptive. still, it's all a matter of preference though. you said you dont like gore before, so its really great that you were willing to read this. *respect improves by a little*
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:42 am

I really enjoyed this. I like how the perspective did a total turn about. The idea of a sharktaur is also cool. Normally I'm not too much into gore either but I think here it worked out alright.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:55 am

YAY! YAY! NOW IS FIGHTY TIME! BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD! [/deadpool]

So far, so good. I liked the terror scene with the naga running away trying to get away from the monster. You just forgot to make her blonde and squeamish. XD
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:54 am

Karbo wrote:

Well I'm glad ya least think it's nicely written and I'm sorry if the gore parts bugged ya too much, I wouldn't be offended if ya just skimmed over those. I even gotta admit it's pretty gorey even by my standards
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:56 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Karbo wrote:

*a fairy comes a long and hugs karbo*

yeah, I guess sometimes you can be too descriptive. still, it's all a matter of preference though. you said you dont like gore before, so its really great that you were willing to read this. *respect improves by a little*

Bael, I'll ask nicely. PLEASE stop sucking up to Kabro in all my posts recently. I know you must wanna praise him but come on this is the third damn time. You said the discription was fine before and now that Karbo's sqimish about it it's too much? just please PM him this kinda stuff, it's starting to irk me more and more.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:58 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
I really enjoyed this. I like how the perspective did a total turn about. The idea of a sharktaur is also cool. Normally I'm not too much into gore either but I think here it worked out alright.

Thankyou!! and no ones written bout a sharktaur yet so I really had the urge to make one ^^ I'm happy ya liked it even if you're not big on gore, thanks for taking the time to read!
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:59 am

Stabs wrote:

So far, so good. I liked the terror scene with the naga running away trying to get away from the monster. You just forgot to make her blonde and squeamish. XD

Thankyou and yes I hadfun writing that part, I'm twisted like that and oh I'm not THAT twisted, no way I was gonna make the naga a crisis lookalike, that just wouldn't be nice XD
Back to top Go down
SuperPieGuy9
Great warrior
Great warrior
SuperPieGuy9

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Aww I was hoping Tina would survive! sobsob Anyways that's an interesting story! But the immage of Tina having her arm torn off is a bit much for me. Don't get me wrong I can tolerate violence and a bit of blood (like a few drops here and there) but when it's spurting like that I just get so freaked out.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:03 pm

I still think Tina should've screamed "I'll KILL you, Motherfucker!" after she lost her arm, then looked at the arm in Jas' mouth, then the stump and started screaming her head off.

=P
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:17 pm

SuperPieGuy9 wrote:
Aww I was hoping Tina would survive! sobsob Anyways that's an interesting story! But the immage of Tina having her arm torn off is a bit much for me. Don't get me wrong I can tolerate violence and a bit of blood (like a few drops here and there) but when it's spurting like that I just get so freaked out.

Is it just me or if Tina was a tasty sqirming helpless human everyone woulda loved it alot more?

Thankyou ((though when ever people root for the pred turned prey to survive it always irks me alittle, if anything it encourages me to do more with gore and predators gettingshown theres always a bigger fish))

I can understand ya being squimish though I just REALLY don't understand how voraphiles can love humans getting swallowed down WHOLE
and BURNED THE FUCK ALIVE anymore attractive. I mean come on their skin would be melting off, and if they do manage to survivie for along while in the stomach the pain would be blinding and agonizing, they'd probably be crying and screaming the whole time begging for mercy while the predator giggles cutely.

At least Jas is more honest of a monster, most other of the preds just bleh.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:38 pm

moonlightpendant wrote:
Bael, I'll ask nicely. PLEASE stop sucking up to Kabro in all my posts recently. I know you must wanna praise him but come on this is the third damn time. You said the discription was fine before and now that Karbo's sqimish about it it's too much? just please PM him this kinda stuff, it's starting to irk me more and more.

i wont argue that. I'm sorry if it looks that way.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:22 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
I can understand ya being squimish though I just REALLY don't understand how voraphiles can love humans getting swallowed down WHOLE
and BURNED THE FUCK ALIVE anymore attractive. I mean come on their skin would be melting off, and if they do manage to survivie for along while in the stomach the pain would be blinding and agonizing, they'd probably be crying and screaming the whole time begging for mercy while the predator giggles cutely.

We're just twisted like that.

To be honest, though I found Jasmine to be an amusing character, I don't think that this sort of story really fits with the rest of Felarya stylistically. At least in my mind, ripping and tearing at food is not the sort of thing one intelligent predator does to another in Felarya (no matter how logical such an action would be.).
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:23 am

lol. normally that kind of thing in felarya would be too safe, since once inside a mouth or stomach you cant do anything unless lucky enough to know how to teleport. using a knife on a stomach wall would be like using paper to cut water. at least in that size.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:42 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Moonlight-pendent wrote:

To be honest, though I found Jasmine to be an amusing character, I don't think that this sort of story really fits with the rest of Felarya stylistically. At least in my mind, ripping and tearing at food is not the sort of thing one intelligent predator does to another in Felarya (no matter how logical such an action would be.).

Yeah, that's usually the reason I don't like gore. I more just feel it doesn't fit in with the whole world. But here... I didn't really mind as much. I think for me Jas was an interesting enough character that it sort of made it seem less of an issue. I think it's the same principal that if Crisis had less character and was more straight predator... well, this would be a very different crowd.

Plus, regardless of personal preferences for vore and gore, it's still a very well done story.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 am

true, but you know it might have something to do with the animal that Jas is based on.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:15 am

About this whole gore not fitting in with Felarya thing....

The "vore effect" is very real, but that's no reason to assume it applies to everyone on Felarya, or in an identical way. The idea that in a realm of flesh-eaters, someone wouldn't start chewing is just plain silly.

Besides, "Rin's Adventures". often considered the quintessential Felarya story and the first for many members, as I recall, was actually quite gruesome.

So yeah, gore may not be Karbo's characters style, or the most popular method, but I think it's a stretch to say it's out of character for Felarya itself.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Moonlight-pendent wrote:

WHat does fit in better then? what I mentioned? how is that less gruesome? maybe on the outside it's easier to make all cutesy and shit but mersharks/sharktuars ARE IN THE WIKI AS GORERS least I believe so. I know karbo isn't super fond of it, but it's not as if it's not cannon. I checked my facts in that whole thread on mersharks before doing this. So unless the wiki is now uncannon I dunno what to tell ya.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 3:09 am

I'm sorry you seem to have taken so badly my comment :-/
But having sentient creatures dismember and disembowel others to devour them is not something I personnaly enjoy reading, then again I wouldn't enjoy extended and gory description of a digestion either. I guess next time you do hardvore, I'll should just pass and refrain to comment...

As for Selachis, their names are in the wiki but their description is not done yet...
I do have big problems with sentient beings hard-voring others sentient beings. It's not as I see Felarya even if I imagine there could be some rare exceptions.
Some creatures such as Tonorions or Kensha beast do so, but they are animals.
And actually there is a logical reason why almost all creatures of this world swallow they prey whole instead of tearing them apart. even if it's not known yet...
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:30 am

GREGOLE wrote:
About this whole gore not fitting in with Felarya thing....

The "vore effect" is very real, but that's no reason to assume it applies to everyone on Felarya, or in an identical way. The idea that in a realm of flesh-eaters, someone wouldn't start chewing is just plain silly.

Besides, "Rin's Adventures". often considered the quintessential Felarya story and the first for many members, as I recall, was actually quite gruesome.

So yeah, gore may not be Karbo's characters style, or the most popular method, but I think it's a stretch to say it's out of character for Felarya itself.
Hmmm, you make a good point about that, especially with regards to "Rin's Adventures".

Something I should have mentioned in my original post: getting the catgirl out of the stomach was (I thought) clever and logical.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Stabs
Stabs

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:10 am

Moonlight-pendent wrote:
Stabs wrote:
Thankyou and yes I hadfun writing that part, I'm twisted like that and oh I'm not THAT twisted, no way I was gonna make the naga a crisis lookalike, that just wouldn't be nice XD

Didn't mean a Crisis lookalike. I meant an horror movie cliché, kill the blondie first... anyway, I've got the feeling you and I are going to be very good friends.

[rest of the comment deleted to better fit with the original intention of the thread]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunters catch Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunters catch   The Hunters catch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunters catch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next