Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?

Go down 
+22
Claire
Raveolution
Oldman40k2003
Grave
Anime-Junkie
kaitheguy1234
/Fish/
rcs619
GREGOLE
Jætte_Troll
gwadahunter2222
ZionAtriedes
Feadraug
codaman
SuperPieGuy9
Malahite
Karbo
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
AisuKaiko
Saironthis
Stabs
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Well, the one correct answer is that all the gods of Felarya like boobs.

They said : let there be bewbs. and they saw that it was good XD

Well actually the cause of the male/female ratio is not meant to be a secret like for the vore effect. more something that isn't really defined yet I think.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
zalzas
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
zalzas

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:18 pm

I think I might know what is causing this one sided gender ratio, the Guardians! Think about it, who has the most power in Felarya, the guardians. Who could manipulate the laws of probability into producing a populace that is heavily female, the Guardians. Who are the only people who could mess around with Felarya in such a major way without the Guardians intervention, the Guardians themselves.

But why would they do such a thing? The answer must be that woman taste better than men. I mean if you’re going to be gardening a whole small universe while occasionally snacking on the populace, wouldn’t you want that populace to be as tasty as can be?

So let this be a warning to us all, if you’re a sexy young woman you shouldn’t temp the Guardians, they will eat the heck out of you. Like the old Felarya proverb goes “Those that are yummy should not garnish themselves”
Back to top Go down
http://zalzas.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 am

Karbo wrote:
Well actually the cause of the male/female ratio is not meant to be a secret like for the vore effect. more something that isn't really defined yet I think.
Felarya needs more knowledge-thirsty scientists. Too bad they usually get eaten, or go insane.

I highly doubt the Guardians are doing it. We've established that they aren't in it for the preds, so taste is out. Besides, I think they get blamed for everything. Most of the time, I bet, they're just lazing around... complacent... ready to be taken off-guard by a sudden move planned decades in advance...
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 am

Conversely, couldn't the high female population simply be a locale-related one? I mean, we do have a lot of information the parts of Felarya we're looking at... but we're only looking at a fraction of the planet's landmass. As well as a fraction of their ocean. For all we know there could be entire Felaryan Continents wherein there's three males, four males, or even five males for every female of their species. And they'd find the female-side of Felarya as odd as the female-side would find theirs.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:38 am

Karbo wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

The way I solve it in my story is the ovum is hostile to Y sperm. This makes it difficult and rare, but not impossible, for male children to be born.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Eccentricity?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 am

I feel like there's a shortage of an eccentric male character. But I'm probably wrong, I have to check the Wiki. :O Sorry if I offend anyone. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
spike833

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

Raveolution wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

The way I solve it in my story is the ovum is hostile to Y sperm. This makes it difficult and rare, but not impossible, for male children to be born.

I don't think that is necessarily a great way to explain it.

For giant male species, I think its more of a "where in Felarya are you?" sort of thing. Perhaps in some area a little distant from one region may have more males there, where the females tend to go away from them in some regions (like the region depicted on the most recent map for example.

Besides, as a guy, I know myself, that males don't have a whole lot of self control, and frankly, I don't think a female pred is very fond of being constantly bombarded by a bunch of guys who want to have their way with her. I am certain that female preds would want a guy (depending on their personal preferences), but it would get kinda irritating if a bunch of guys you don't like keep coming after you day in, and day out.

Besides, Felarya is full of peril even for preds, right? Guys in that sort of environment would probably develop some degree of hunting mentality and foolishly start going around hunting monsters and things that would be a great hassle, leading to a number of pointless deaths, and a steady decrease in the male populace.

Just a couple of ideas, but I am certain there is a good balance of male to females that really hasn't been developed yet, becuase after all, you need male and female for the production of offspring. Its a given fact, with exception to gender changing amphibions, plants, and other totally bizarre creatures (none of them even closely related to humanoid beings).
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:12 pm

\FurryKurry\ wrote:
I feel like there\'s a shortage of an eccentric male character. But I\'m probably wrong, I have to check the Wiki. :O Sorry if I offend anyone. ^^;
Canon-wise, maybe. But plenty of people have stories with eccentric male characters. But as for canon, one could call Gunther somewhat eccentric.

In response to the male-shortage... I\'m sticking with sheer genetics. I don\'t think it\'s a matter of migration, really. Felarya\'s too hostile an environment, even for preds, to be moving around willy-nilly just because of preferences. And, if the females moved, obviously the males would follow. I mean, if I used to be Vivian\'s neighbor, and she started packing, I\'d probably move as well.

To put it bluntly, I\'m going with Rave\'s theory. Or, er, something to the same effect. I don\'t know about ovum hostility, but skewed ratios isn\'t unheard of in nature. To be honest, with Felarya\'s anti-aging properties and limited danger to savvy preds (emphasis on savvy), reproduction may not even be a big concern. It\'s possible that the abundant mystical energies act something like Mist in Final Fantasy, mutating creatures rapidly... except, maybe over generations rather than the individual creatures. In short, perhaps evolution is sped up in Felarya. So, if we go with that theory, then perhaps the immediate and consuming need to procreate (or at least bang nasties) is greatly reduced in the pred psyche. In humans, however... whoo boy.

One can make the argument that even with evolution, that desire will remain, as it has in us despite our ascendance of the food chain millenia ago. I\'d say: nope. We descended from prey creatures, and remain prey-like in our psyches. Why do you think we crave horror movies, or get so high from adrenaline? It\'s because our minds are confused by the lack of danger.

Last edited by ZionAtriedes on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:15 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
One could call Gunther somewhat eccentric.
Great quote, mind if I use it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
ZionAtriedes wrote:
One could call Gunther somewhat eccentric.
Great quote, mind if I use it?
No problem.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 5:42 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
One can make the argument that even with evolution, that desire will remain, as it has in us despite our ascendance of the food chain millenia ago. I\'d say: nope. We descended from prey creatures, and remain prey-like in our psyches. Why do you think we crave horror movies, or get so high from adrenaline? It\'s because our minds are confused by the lack of danger.
*sigh* We're predators. Biologically speaking, we're predators. We just had badder predators than us in the past. I'll have to go with your point on craving horror due to the lack of danger, though: we, as predators, used to also be the hunted.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Raveolution wrote:

I've heard of "fan wank," but this is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:31 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

bah, overreacting to a simple joke. note to self, and all that!

Last edited by Raveolution on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:07 am

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

Raveolution wrote:
itsmeyouidiot wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

Not quite as ridiculous as your reasoning.

Oh wait, you didn't provide any. You just jumped in here with a flame. Sillyme.

Hey now, lets keep things civil.

Also I took "I've heard of "fan wank," but this is ridiculous." to be an attempt at humor, based on a pun (sperm changes and "fan wank"), and its structure (wasn't "I've heard of X, but this is ridiculous!" a catch phrase of one of the old vaudevillian comics from the 1920's?).
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Hey now, lets keep things civil.

Also I took "I've heard of "fan wank," but this is ridiculous." to be an attempt at humor, based on a pun (sperm changes and "fan wank"), and its structure (wasn't "I've heard of X, but this is ridiculous!" a catch phrase of one of the old vaudevillian comics from the 1920's?).
Ah, well if Itsmeyouidiot was attempting humor then I'm definitely sorry for snapping at him. Thanks for the explanation.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:06 pm

"I've heard of X but this is ridiculous" is one of the oldest comedy tropes in the book, and isn't even in the same spectrum as a "flame". I'm fairly certain this is common knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:55 pm

I dunno. Old school comedy is pretty biting. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Attachment
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:40 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
I feel like there's a shortage of an eccentric male character. But I'm probably wrong, I have to check the Wiki. :O Sorry if I offend anyone. ^^;

This entirely depends on what you define as eccentric.

Buuut, since you asked...

Gunter, Pal Sebrit, Voidfingers, Joseph Stranger, Al, Derek, Kaiten, Aisu, Kal, Grip, Dylan, Jerid... this is just scratching the surface on male characters who act a little past the norm. Sorry if I missed any obvious ones, a little tired. Someone could probably come up with more, or argue others are eccentric or not, so on and so-forth.

And as you said "an" eccentric male character... well, pick any of those.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 pm

I know what can be improved about Felarya... quit arbitrarily handwaving away all the sentient beings' natural survival instincts, intellect and ability to develop technology. I mean, seriously, the kinds of really stupid moves that natives make in Felaryan stories are more befitting newbs that first enter that realm with no idea what they're about to run into, and that's for starters. You also have immortal residents who don't even think about how BORING it is to live in very small groups for endless centuries. We're talking about social animals who live in total isolation and who don't go mad. Nobody has sex, or if they do, they have no kids (fantastic magical Felaryan birth control?), and if they live in isolated villages and have sex and have kids, there's no inbreeding issues. A predator attacks and natives have no instinct to even want to GTFA. Huh?

In Felarya you're not dealing with sentients; for the most part, you're dealing with talking snackycakes.

I'd like to see more stories like the one about timing2's Verdoya tribe. Now that's what I call a real Felarya.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:01 pm

I guess I have a small problem.

Since the soil keeps everyone young, we have a massive shortage of rugged white Robert E. Lee beards!

Spoiler:

North or South, we can agree that this is one rugged beard, and the Felarya soil will prevent this from happening, mostly! T___T
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:50 pm

This is a world of magic! Surely there is a beard spell that mages can learn?
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Is it not necessary to be very old to have a beard many people started to have beard during the puberties. And in many culture many men like to display proudly their beard to make themselves look older Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:21 pm

But it has to be white, or it won't work!
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:25 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
But it has to be white, or it won't work!
You can find people with pink hair as normal colour so people with natural white hair it's possible. Or it can simply dye its hair.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?   Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anything you think could be improved about Felarya?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next