Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Felarya CCG

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Haar
Great warrior
Great warrior
Haar

New Felarya CCG Empty
PostSubject: New Felarya CCG   New Felarya CCG Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 12:53 pm

Okay, I know that there was a Felarya card game in the works before, but seeing as nothing new has come out of it in months, I figure I should give it a shot. Goodness knows if I'll actually develop it, but here is what I will make if I do. And if I do make it, I would probably make it using LackeyCCG.

Gameplay

Terrains

Terrains are the main areas where activity takes place. Each terrain can has a unique ability, an affinity with a particular species, and the ability to produce populations (more on that further on).

Example:

Dridder Forest:
All flying creatures lose their flight abilities and get -1 attack
Affinity with Dridders: All Dridders get +2 attack and +1 defense
Population type: Dridders. Up to 3 Dridder Citizens may be produced per turn

Structures

There are five structures available to each player. Structure cards are kept face down until they are built. A structure can only be built if the current population is large enough. The first structure requires a population of at least 5, the second of 10, the third of 15, the fourth of 20, and the fifth of 25. A structure remains even if the population decreases.

Avatars are the main characters of the battle. They are unable to attack, and if they die, the game is lost. They are unable to be attacked as long as population and/or creatures are present. An avatar can be attacked three times before being defeated. They have a variety of effects and determine the mana or energy produced.

Examples:

Crisis:
Produces 5 mana per turn. All Fairies and Nagas under Crisis increase their voracity (more on voracity later) by two.

Anna:
Produces 3 mana and 2 energy per turn. All creatures under Anna are able to use technology at +2 cost. All creatures under lose two voracity.

Population

Populations are the lifeblood of the game. Populations increase at the start of your turn. Populations are used to build structures. Populations also provide a last line of defense for Avatars. They also provide a source of nutrition for predators. Creatures with the voracity attribute can eat population units until they are full (i.e. A creature with voracity 2 could eat up to two population units) For every non-Avatar creature present, five units of population are protected from harm. Population units can be eaten en masse by creatures with voracity or be killed one at a time by full voracious creatures or non-voracious creatures.

Voracity

Creatures with voracity are able to consume a specified number of unprotected population units. All voracious creatures enter play full and lose one point of fullness for every turn that goes by. A creature that has reached its fullness limit cannot eat any more population units. A creature that exceeds its fullness limit (usually by effects of spells or technology) is considered overfed and unable to take action until it is no longer overfed. If a creature with voracity reaches -3 or lower fullness it will begin losing health each turn.

Creatures
Creatures can be summoned using either mana (for predatory creatures) or energy (for prey creatures). They have a variety of abilities and effects. Hitpoints, attack, defense, and the like are still being determined, but it will probably be pretty standard.

Spells/Technology
Spells are usable by Predatory creatures and some Prey creatures. Technologies are usable only by Prey creatures. They provide various effects and have a cost to use.

I'm still working on gameplay mechanics. Feel free to offer suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://haar.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

New Felarya CCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Felarya CCG   New Felarya CCG Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 4:34 pm

That seems a great project . I especially liked the avatar idea Razz
And I never heard of this program before. It looks very interesting !
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

New Felarya CCG
Page 1 of 1