Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great Marshes

Go down 
+7
Plant_Girl_23
Reptillian
Tuc135
The Joker
AisuKaiko
codaman
Jætte_Troll
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:43 am

Just testing the want for a new RP. We have the "YOU as the hunted" RP, so thought maybe I'd start another of the ones we used to have focused on the predators.

But just seeing who would be interested.

Rules would be as always - no godmodding, no being a dumbass, etc. etc. Post a bio if there's not one readily available somewhere. So on and so forth.

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:52 am

(ill join in, i just finished fixing up my old bios... remember Cody and Codda? they're finally back... and my newest Actually self insert Coda... who's name is actually MEANT to sound almost exactly like Codda's for something else i did.. but to be nice ill keep them separate...)
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 am

(I might join if the plot seems reasonable enough, and if the location seems realistic to Aisu and Ruby)
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 am

Yeah, that would be something else to decide. Fenja would really be the only of my characters to be out that way, but I'd like to give some love to the others.

Though Ofelia the slug girl could reasonably just get there through underground tunnel systems or something. : P
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:02 pm

Perhaps, not sure what kind of weird plot device I could use to get my characters into the jungle. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 pm

i got mine... they were there... my chars don't have a stationary place really...
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm

I'd be willing to join. I've got a few characters on standby, and another rp would be pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:20 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Perhaps, not sure what kind of weird plot device I could use to get my characters into the jungle. Hmmm...

Well, new areas are always fun to explore and RPing can help develop places that aren't well explored. Any suggestions?

You can always just use portals on Felarya - people from different locations accidently end up in one location and need to find a portal back.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Well, I'd think anywhere that isn't the jungle would be nice. Maybe your valley, one of the mountains, etc?
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 pm

How's about the great marshes for a change? Chances are, I'd bring Myrah if I join.
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:40 pm

sounds good on my end... i kinda want to use Codda again... so ill stick with him... maybe bring Cody in.. but not a definite..
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Great Marshes sounds alright... though to find Ofelia and Myrah out there...

Perhaps a trip for ingredients?
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:03 pm

That's her usual excuse for popping up in unusual places. Though I suspect she's curious as well.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:12 pm

Hmm. Who'd care to kick us off? I could do it, but maybe Tuc should as he seems to have an idea. And Myrah is awesome.

Or whoever.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:18 am

(might i join with Yuurei???)
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 6:53 am

Ehh, I just had an idea for a possible setting. Nothing more than that really, JT. Would you start?
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 8:20 am

ima start a little late on this so don't wait on me for a bit... not too long.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:17 am

Ofelia, the giant Lucicamp Slug girl, peeked out the cave she had just arrived in, via a long tunnel. She was quite tired from her journey and a little nervous being so far from home, but was still excited. She, both figuratively and literally, was glowing. She'd never been quite this far away from her familiar cave. The start of the Great Marshes stretched before her. She looked approvingly at the low fog that hung overhead. She couldn't stand there being too much light, so this blanket of low clouds was a very welcome sight. Maybe she could stick to traveling at night - though, with her glowing lower half, she'd probably attract all sorts of trouble.

She took a breath and edged her way out of the cave, looking around for the person she had promised to meet here.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 am

As Ophelia was exiting the cave she had just made her way through, the sound of whistling could be heard in the distance, the source of it being covered by the mist in the distance. Soon, the mist yielded to reveal a red-haired fairy at a regular predator's size, who was whistling a random tune off the top of her head as she twirled a dagger in one of her hands, keeping her other one tucked away in it's sheath. She also kept a small sack strapped to her side, probably used to store things she found along the way.

As the fairy continued to walk, her green eyes wondered around the area until they made their way onto Ophelia, catching the fairy's attention immediately. She smiled, using her free hand to raise it in greeting as she said, "Ah, hello there! Didn't expect to see a slug girl out here. Usually, your kind stays out in Chidokai Forest, if I'm not mistaken." She leaned up against a nearby tree, keeping her eyes on her as she threw her dagger into the air and caught it, alternating between the blade and the handle. "So, what brings someone like you out to this garish place?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 pm

(hmm does anyone mind if I join in?)
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Quietly dipping her paddle into the water, Brieda gazed up at the low bank of fog as she paddled her small coracle through the still waters. The terra elf’s opinion of the Great Marshes was decidedly mixed. On one hand, Brieda disliked water in the best of circumnstances. That was clean, pure water. Here, where the water was thick and murky, she shuddered at the thought of swimming in them. And the noises of insects surrounded her wherever she went in this swamp. But on the other hand, the ceiling of thick clouds reminded her of her cavern homes, blunting the terror of an open sky. And it dimmed the blinding sunlight to a mere irritant, rather something that could harm her pale skin. Still, she kept her goggles and hooded cloak on, shielding her eyes and skin.

It took a while of paddling, but before long, the cave came into view. She chuckled softly to herself as she paddled toward it, remembering who she expected to meet here. A Lucicamp slug girl. A glower of all things! Still…this particular one she had known for a while. And she really was rather nice once you got past the whole ‘eating you alive’ bit. Not to mention Brieda couldn’t deny that traveling with her was safer than going alone, and it was satisfying to see fairies get their just desserts from time to time.

“Well, speak of the devil,” Brieda said, as Ofelia came into view cautiously out of the cave mouth onto what little dry land was here. She saw a fairy speaking to her. Brieda quietly wondered if Ofelia intended to eat this fairy as well, as she paddled her coracle onto the shore not far from the two.

<><><><><><><>

Singing softly to herself, Myrah waded through the marshes, her spidery legs keeping her body just above the level of the murky water. She moved in a random pattern, scuttling to one plant to gather fruit and seeds from it, then over to another as it caught her eye. She frequently paused to taste one specimen or another, either adding it to a large silken sack carried on her spider body or discarding it. She had been here for several days, gathering up exotic plants and fruits to use in her cooking, and by now had quite a collection gathered, kept fresh and wholesome with several glowing runes of purity hanging around the sack.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:37 pm

Ofelia smiled pleasantly at the fairy. What a friendly person! Quite tasty looking as well. She was a little disappointed that they were meeting outside like this. She was much better at catching stuff underground, in tunnels and caves. All you had to do then was wait... maybe fish around a little.

At any rate, she at least had very little to fear from the fairy as far as magic was concerned.

"Well, I'm going to meet a friend here." replied Ofelia. "Friends, actually. It is rather far from home, but this place seems dim and moist enough for my tastes.

Ofelia then sensed someone familiar. She turned and waved to Brieda.

"Oh, here's one of them now. This is Brieda. She's a Terra Elf - they're like the other types, but know a good cave when they see one."

She turned back to the fairy. "Oh dear, I didn't catch your name, did I? Are there many fairies out here?"
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:20 pm

Cazaria looked at the oncoming elf, nodding at her with a smile then looking back at the slug girl, saying, "Ah, I see! Very rare to see predator and prey together in such a manner! Not that I have a problem with it. I've got a few prey-sized friends myself."

The fairy then placed her dagger back in it's sheath, walking towards the slug girl. "But anyway, I'm not sure if there's any other fairies around here. I've just recently come out here for some action. The thrill of a good fight's always exuberated me! And what better way to get such a thrill then to travel into a dangerous area with the possibilty of death?"

Cazaria then stopped in front of Ophelia, offering her hand to shake. "But I digress. The name's Cazaria! And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Ofelia instinctively took the proffered hand, getting slime all over Cazaria's palm. There was a faint glowing and the fairy started to shrink. Ofelia started, but managed to catch the fairy before she dropped, now human sized.

"Oh dear." she muttered. "I always do forget to be careful about magic." He lower half gave a little surge of brightness. "Ooh, though that does feel good." she said. "Nothing little a little fairy magic to get you perked up."

She then studied the fairy in her hand and her stomach growled.

"Ahck. I was so excited about getting going I've missed a good too many substantial meals." she sighed.

"Well, it was very nice meeting you, Ms. Cazaria. And I hope it will nice eating you as well." She couldn't help giggling a little. She'd only just heard that awful pun and still found it amusing. She was still being very amiable to her prey - one would have guessed she was toying with the fairy, but Ofelia didn't quite think like that. Her concept of people and food just blurred together.

She raised Cazaria up to her mouth, giving her a tiny lick.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Stepping onto the shore, Brieda got a rope from the coracle and pulled it up onto the muddy bank. Her boots sunk a little into the mud, reminding her with a touch of irony of Ofelia’s sticky slime. She tied the coracle to a nearby tree, before getting her pack out of it and shouldering it. With a sucking plop accompanying each step, Breida walked up to Ofelia. “Long time no see, Ofelia. Having breakfast?” She asked, standing next to her since she didn’t want to sit in the mud. “When you’re done, I brought something for you, assuming you still have that clothes collection of yours.”

<><><><><><>

As she had been wandering through the swamp, myrah had been hearing voices. Specifically, the conversation between Ofelia and Cazaria. Though she didn’t attach any particular significance to it, she angled her random gathering in their direction, since one of the voices sounded familiar. It reminded her of a certain rowdy fairy who liked to fight. Myrah sparred with her once. It took Felarya a week to heal all the bruises, and herself another week to heal her pride. Still, it was an enjoyable match.

She rounded one tree, and saw the cave ahead, with Ofelia and Breida there, but not the fairy. At least not at first. Moments later, though, She noticed the tiny fairy in Ofelia’s hand. Curious, and just a touch worried, she stuffed the last sample she gathered into her sack, shouldered it, and started wading toward the slug girl, elf, and fairy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Great Marshes Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Marshes
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next