Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great Marshes

Go down 
+7
Plant_Girl_23
Reptillian
Tuc135
The Joker
AisuKaiko
codaman
Jætte_Troll
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

The Great Marshes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:40 pm

One would've expected a reaction like fear to emerge from someone who found their self in a position of likely digestion, but the fairy in Ophelia's hand let out a hardy laugh. She had come here for the thrill of action, and now was her chance. Without any hesitation, she reached inside her pouch with her hand and pulling out an ice rune, activating it as she wedged her hand. Before the rune could freeze her hand over, she pulled her hand free and flipped it like a coin inside Ophelia's slightly agape mouth as the slug girl licked her. Once landing on her tongue, the rune's magic started to take effect, creating an extremely thick layer of ice over the massive muscle, spreading to the rest of her mouth as well as the back of her throat.

After she flipped the rune, she concentrated and yelled out, "PERMISSIUM INCENDIA PERUSSI MIHI!" The fairy's body was then surrounded in flame, burning at the slug girl's fingers, but keeping Cazaria unscathed.

Last edited by The Joker on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:50 pm

Ofelia dropped the fairy when she felt the burning sensation. This fairy was somehow still casting magic! She'd heard of these rune things, but they were far sneakier than even she had suspected! And the fairy had tasted so good.

Ofelia was meanwhile just trying to deal with her throat, which stung from being frozen. She couldn't talk with her tongue like this, but was trying to move it as best she could, closing her mouth to warm it up.

"Mmmm!" she mumbled, rather annoyed. Now where was that fairy? She saw her hovering nearby, with a rather insulting smile on her face. With her mouth shut like this, spitting slime was not an option.

Of course, doing that was for those less dignified sorts of slug girls. As a Lucicamp she had a much better way of handling these sort of things.

She put her hands together and strung out a long strand of slime, with a large glob of slime at the end. She swung it around and tried to hit the fairy. Ofelia wasn't much of a warrior though and accidently missed. The slime thread snapped and the glob of slime hurtled through the air - hitting Myrah in the face, who had just arrived.

Ofelia turned, surprised.

"Oh hear!" she said, as best she could with her frozen throat. "Ah oh orry!"
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:23 pm

“Ack!” Myrah sputtered as the glob of slime splattered in her face. She stopped in place, and frantically scraped at her face with her hands, trying to get as much of the slime off as she could. After a second, she got her skin of water and started pouring it over her face in an effort to get the slime off. It took several minutes of rinsing and scrubbing and scraping to get all of the sticky slime off of her face. With her hair dripping and plastered over her forehead, she gave her face on last wipe before looking towards Ofelia. “You’ve got an odd way of saying hello, glower,” Myrah said, with just a little bit of annoyance in her face.

Breida, meanwhile, was bent over double with laughter. The fairie’s counter to Ofelia’s appetite, Ofelia’s attempt to hit her with the glob of goo, and smacking the dridder instead was just too much for her. She was shaking with gales of merriment, and it took her a while to calm down. “He he he, oh, I’m sorry Ofelia, I know I shouldn’t laugh.” Breida said, trying to keep from bursting out laughing again. Wiping a tear from her eye, she walked up to Ofelia’s side. “Here, lift me up, and I can get that ice out of there.” Breida offered, taking off her cloak to avoid getting it slimed up.
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:28 pm

Meanwhile not too far away, The Fox-Spirit Codda made his way across the marshes, jumping from object to object sticking out of the water in a weightless game and the only goal was to just keep going straight. On his back was his backpack like case with a small sleeping child with furry ears identical to his, except they where a golden yellow with silver like tips, the little girl's tail wrapped around her waist as the case only showed the very top of her head and ears as Codda jumped across the marshes.

It wasn't very long for Codda to get close to the action at hand, overhearing a loud collection of words that were Cazaria's spell. He stopped on a rock and looked through the fog infront of him, seeing the much larger Myrah splashing water in her face not ten feet away from him. over hearing the conversation from where he was.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Ofelia moved her mouth a little and gargled some slime around, spitting out some chunks of ice and grinding the rest down. By the time Myrah was done washing herself off it was mostly melted.

"Phew. Thanks for the offer, Breida, but I think I'm okay." She picked Breida up anyways, quite wary with such a dangerous fairy nearby.

She then turned to Myrah.

"Oh dear, I am so sorry!" she said, rather embarrassed. "I was just trying to catch that fairy, you see."

She gestured towards Cazaria, who was hovering infuriatingly close, but just out of reach.

"She was drained of her magic but was still putting up a fight." mumbled Ofelia. "I was trying to land her with my slime."
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 8:48 pm

"Tell me about it! Being eaten isn't the usual way to say hello, I'd say." Cazaria stated, growing back to her original size as her magic returned to her. "I have to say, it's good to see you again, Myrah. Could you hold on just a minute?" She then turned back to Ophelia, her usual grin changing to an ice cold glare as she stated, "I don't care if you're a fairy eater or not. If a fairy's stupid enough to be unprepared, that's their problem. But if you threaten me like that again, your life..." The fairy then pulled out one of her daggers, twirling it in her hands before throwing it at the slug girl, it's blade barely cutting her cheek before continuing into the side of a tree. "...is forfeit." she continued, the smile returning to her face as she concluded in her usual cheery voice, "Just so we're clear!"

She pulled out a napkin from her pouch as she walked by Ophelia, handing it to her as she said, "Here. That cut on your cheek's bleeding." She continued to walk past the slug girl towards the dagger, pulling it out as she asked Myrah, "So, you learn any new fighting tactics recently? If not, that's perfectly fine. I know you're more a cook than a fighter, after all."

Last edited by The Joker on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:16 pm

Breida instinctively ducked as the fairy threw the knife. She covered her head with her arms, not that it would do anything if the (to her) gigantic blade struck her. She felt the wind of the knife as it passed over her head and strike the tree behind them. She glanced back at it, sticking into the tree bark, and turned paler than she already was. She looked back to the fairy, and got the flintlock rifle from her back and held it ready. However, the fairy didn’t attack, and just offered Ofelia a napkin for the bleeding cut on her cheek. Even if they didn’t fight further, she held onto the rifle, just to keep it ready, just in case.

“So I see.” Myrah said, trying to wring out a little more of the water and slime from her hair. “But I have to agree with Cazaria here. She’s my friend. Don’t try and eat her again, alright? I’d hate to see you get hurt, she’s not a fairy to take lightly. And no, no new moves, not unless you count a new basil garlic seasoning.” Giving up on the hair, Myrah just used a string of silk to tie it back out of her face. “But let’s not have any trouble…speaking of which…” Myrah stepped back, and looked down on Codda. “Someone’s been watching this bit of trouble. Do I know you? You seem familiar.”
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Codda on the other hand, remembered the Dridder in front of him quite well, and the harsh cleaning she gave him before. He laughed a little bit before lifting his hand in front of him followed by a quick snap, the result of him vanishing from his spot like he was a light that had just turned off.

"Yes we have met before, i do recall almost falling into a certain stew you made before..." he said as he stood on a rock just behind where Myrah was looking. "If you do recall a certain bushy tailed person just like me leaping around your home..." he continued with a smile, taking a look over at Cazaria and the others before looking back at Myrah. "and it looks like your the one in need of bath this time." he finished with a quick point to the goo that hand landed not too far away from where he was.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:51 pm

Ofelia slowly took the proffered napkin, with a small grumbling. She didn't like this Cazaria character. Seemed very suspicious to her. Delicious as well, but apparently off-limits. And Myrah just had to talk about basil garlic seasoning... her stomach growled some more at the though of basil garlic rubbed fairy.

She sighed. She respected Myrah too much to attempt to eat the fairy again. She could only hope something else in the marsh might. And a new arrival - another of Myrah's friends! She'd just have to hope this one was a bit calmer. Hmph, being spited by a fairy. There were plants in her garden that ate fairies. Well, nothing left to do but try to get on with the day. She remembered something that took her mind off the problems at hand.

"Oh, Breida. I do still have my collection of clothes. In fact, this one human hooked me up with some little doll things to put the clothes on, in exchange for not eating him. It's only gotten better - I've got a whole wall of them pinned up."
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:19 pm

"Oooh, garlic seasoning! I'll have to try that sometime! You've always been a wonderful cook!" Cazaria said, shrinking down and flying up in front of Codda and shaking his hand. "I got to say, it's a pleasure to meet you, foxboy! Seeing as how you're friends with Myrah, I think we'll get along just fi...wait a minute!!" The fairy then turned her head towards Ophelia's direction, pointing directly at the terra elf she was holding.

"I...is that...?" Cazaria then flew directly in front of Breida, her mouth agape as she observed the elf's weapon. "You've got a flintrock rifle?! You don't hardly see anybody carrying these things around!" She put a hand on the rifle, feeling the craftsmanship for a moment before looking into Breida's eyes, the elf having the fairy's full attention. "Where'd you get it?!" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 pm

(can I join in with this rp?)
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:55 pm

( I don't see why not. Just try and include a good amount of detail in your posts)

“Wonderful. Now, let’s put this unpleasantness behind us, alright?” Myrah said, noting Ofelia’s suspicious gaze at Cazaria. She shook her head, hoping that they could get over it. She turned her attention back to Codda. “Oh, yes! I remember you now. You were that dirty one who…well, nevermind. You would have tasted good in that stew though,” Myrah said leaning down to get a good look at Codda and the sleeping child he carried on his back. “And who is this adorable tiny one? Are you a father Codda? She is just so cute!”

“Collection? Oh, yes, that’s right,” Breida said, still stunned by the fairie’s huge knife that had flown overhead just seconds before. Holding her rifle in one hand, she got her pack with the other. “I got you something from the weaver’s guild. Something for your collection, made with real dridder silk and woven and dyed by the best craftsmen of Beyr. It took me- EEP!” Breida gasped as the fairy suddenly flew up in her face. Reacting by instinct, Breida had the rifle pointing at her head in an instant. It took her a moment to realize that, one: Cazaria was only curious, and two: The rifle was not loaded. Fearfully, she held still as the fairy stroked the well wrought firearm. “Um…in Beyr…beneath the frost peaks. I know a blacksmith there.” Breida answered once she found her voice.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Karian raised her trainer to look at the mud atached, making a face of disgust, she shuddered slightly before puttin her foot back down on the ground and moving slowly through the mud her once blue Jeans now a mixure of brown, green and Blue her jacket was in a similar state and her shirt was strangely clean. Karian shuddered slightly pulling her goggles down over her face as she trudged through the thick mud, she found it difficult to move but never the less she did her best to traverse the terrain.
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Codda raised an eyebrow as Cazaria zipped down and shook his hand and then zipped away towards the elf, he himself used to have a taste for fairies, but that long since passed. he then turned back to Myrah as she commented on his daughter "yep, this is my little girl... i would introduce you to her, but we've been going non stop for about a two days and she just fell asleep not too long ago." he replied tilting the basket with his tail so he could look back at her and then letting it return to normal. "So i hear you're still into cooking, not a huge fan of garlic but still sounds pretty good..."

he then took another look towards the elf and slug girl, a sudden feeling that he has seen Ofelia before, which gave him a reason to keep an eye on her while he was around.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 1:55 am

"Oh, I see! Local blacksmiths always make good guns! I'll have to get me one made to add to my weapons collection!" the fairy stated, not being unnerved at all from having a gun pointed to her face. The expression on her face then changed as she looked away, as if she heard something a ways off, before looking back at Breida with a smile. "Well, I've freaked you out long enough, and you wanna show something to your friend, so I'll go ahead and get out of your hair. Toodle-loo!" With that, Cazaria ruffled the wood elf's hair and flew off towards what she heard.

Soon, the fairy had come across Karian, a smile on her face as she fluttered up to her. "Well, hello there! Always nice to meet someone new!" A small hint of concern came onto her face as she noticed the hard time Karian was having crossing the marsh. "Gee, looks like you're having a bit of trouble there. Want me to help you out?" the fairy asked.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 am

Karian blinked a couple of times as she looked at Karian, swallowing nervously as she looked at the fairy before her her hands trembled slightly and she pulled herself onto a nearby log before she could slip deeper into the mud and shook her head slightly backing away from the fairy, she slipped and fell back onto her butt she gasped, the whistle that had been around her kneck had slipped off and fallen nearby now instead of paying atention to the fairy she set about looking for her whistle.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:11 am

(I kinda feel like joining. I feel like bringing my mermaid in, but I dont exactly have a bio. I could post her general info here if you'd like though. I also have an angel...my dryad wont be moving anywhere...an easily pissed of blacksmith...giant naga...)
(not sure whom to use XD)
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 am

(THat would be fine, just post the information here)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 am

(Name: Ue (you-ay)
Species: river mermaid
Eyes: turquoise (undecided so far)
Scales: Shiny purple with a hint of green
Skin color: Blue

In a summary of her past: She was a very eager explorer when she was little and got lost. After a day or so a group of meiramines found her and decided to raise her themselves, and taught her their ways. As such she mostly doesn't eat humans, but large fish she hunts for. She tends to swim through the myriad river maze that connects a lot of the rivers underneath the ground.

thats about it, I want to keep it small.)
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 am

Cazaria sighed to herself as Karian showed the typical fear of a predator. Not that she blamed her, though. Her kind had a habit of eating pretty much anything that happened to be bi-pedal, so this person's fear was very well-founded. She was thinking about ways that she could get this person to trust her when she noticed that she seemed to be looking for something. The fairy smiled, seeing this as her oppurtunity to show the girl that she meant no harm.

So, Cazaria started looking as well, soon coming across the whistle that she had lost, both the rope and the whistle covered in the mud. She picked up the dirty whistle from the rope, studying it for a moment before popping both the whistle and the rope into her mouth, sloshing it around for a bit to get it clean. After she was done, she opened her mouth and pulled the whistle out, spitting out the mud and wiping the whistle on her skin to get her spit off of it. She then flew up to Karian, tapping her on the shoulder and offering her the whistle and asking, "I know I probably strike unadulterated fear inside you, but is this yours, by any chance?"
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 am

Ofelia watched Cazaria fly away. Well, regardless of what she though of her, she was no longer a problem, for now. At any rate, she was distracted by the fox-boy's adorable daughter.

"Oh!" she said, with delight. "She's adorable! If she isn't the cutest thing ever..." She tried to get as close as she could without scaring away the father.

"Ooh, if she gets any bigger I have some clothes that would look just wonderf... Oh! Right!" She exclaimed, turning to Breida.

"What was that about Dridder Silk?"

She was getting rather easily distracted, but she didn't have a clear plan anyways. Myrah was the one that seemed to know what they were here for.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Karian turned around looking at the whistle in Cazaria's hand and looking at the fairy cloesly, tilting her head to examine her better a smile spread onto her face as she took the whistle from her, putting it back around her neck. Karian reached out shaking Cazaria's hand in gratitude before going to move through the swamp to where she had heard voices moments ago.
Back to top Go down
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:53 pm

“Oi fairies…” Breida muttered after Cazaria left to pester someone else. She leaned an elbow against the edge of Ofelia’s hand and rested her head in her palm. At least she was safe though, in Ofelia’s hand, no fairy could get her without running the risk of loosing their magic. That more than made up for the relative slimyness of it, not that it bothered her. She remembered to wear some old clothes that she didn’t mind getting messed up. Breida looked up when Ofelia mentioned the silk.

“Oh, yes. I got you something for your collection,” Breida said, remembering her gift. She slung her rifle over her back, and got her pack in front of herself. Digging in it a moment, she pulled out a fine silken gown, dyed a pale sky blue that seemed to shimmer in the grey light filtering through the clouds. There was elaborate embroidery along the sides and on the shoulders. “A pretty bit of weaving isn’t it? I got one for my own wardrobe to wear on special occasions.

Meanwhile Myrah was still looking down on Codda’s little girl with a smile on her face. “I look forward to meeting her. I’m not the best silk weaver, but I could make her a nice little blanket.” Myrah offered, reaching down to stroke the tiny girl’s ears and hair with a gentleness foreign to most dridders. “Tell me, what’s her name? How old is she?”
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Ue was swimming along a river near where everyone was located. A distant splashing sound could be heard as she restled a fish, and started eating it whole. She hasn't seen Myrah in ages and wondered how and when she'll pay her a visit.

(cant think of much else to say there)
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Codda looked at Ofelia through the corner of his eye, her voice reminding him of where he remembered her, and her attempt to eat him and a close friend of his.the fact that she seemed to not remember him, or she was just waiting for him to drop his guard, he didn't quite know, but he still made sure to keep an eye on her, hearing her offer at first but not paying very much attention to it. Then Myrah regained his attention, seeing her reach down behind his head, knowing she wasn't of any risk to his daughter, but his instincts telling him to be cautious regardless of his own opinion.

"Her name is Katia, (Katy-A, not good at pronunciation things lol) and she is about ten and a half months old." he replied with a soft smile, Katia's ears twitching to Myrah's touch as she let out a soft moan. he then heard what sounded like splashing, his own ears doing a series of twitches for a moment as he tried to hear it better.

(Jeatte if you remember your old RP, Predator and prey i think it was, Codda was in it and that's where he remembers Ofelia from)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Marshes   The Great Marshes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Marshes
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next