Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

" Rendin Beasts "

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

" Rendin Beasts " Empty
PostSubject: " Rendin Beasts "   " Rendin Beasts " Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 9:50 pm

In chapter five of my story, I was originally going to use an over-sized Kensha for a scene, but I wanted to be a little different and make a creature with teeth large and sharp enough to use in my storyline. Also, poison from the Kensha was a problem, so I figured this would be easier.

Population level: Very Low, Some claim them to be extinct or a myth.

Danger Level: Normal

Characteristics: Full-grown Rendins grow up to about 25 feet in height, and weigh roughly two tons. They're known for their infamously sharp teeth, which are said to be strong and sharp enough to shred steel to pieces. In essence, they're an exaggerated piranha on land. It is said that the tooth's strength is almost comparable to diamond. Their jaws can produce massive amounts of pressure; up to 60 pounds of pressure per square inch. Their speed is also of concern to potential victims; they can move up to one hundred miles an hour, and get to that speed from 0 in just one second. They have no magic ability, and possess no venoms or toxins. Their claws are fairly sharp, but are incomparable to their teeth. Their tooth layout is described as "hellacious," due to their great length and numbers. The teeth are also fairly light despite their size, as they are very thin, which increases their sharpness. Their fur, which is thick, is usually dark green or brown in color. Their eyes are pitch black, and they have small ears.

Locations: Warm, dry, shady areas (dense forests). They cannot survive in the cold for very long, so they avoid high elevation spots as much as possible.

Mature-level food: Humans, fruits, Cat-girls (etc), Small dridders, Young (and defenseless) nagas. They are scavengers, and will eat dead or live material to survive. Their diet is unrestricted.

Rumored Explanations: Their rarity is commonly said to be from their inability to reproduce efficiently to curb with the amount of their species which dies. Females are very common in comparison to males, which is said to be due to a male's less-efficient speed and hunting skill.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

" Rendin Beasts " Empty
PostSubject: Re: " Rendin Beasts "   " Rendin Beasts " Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Wow quite a scary critter Razz
Thank you for the description ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/

" Rendin Beasts "
Page 1 of 1