Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.

Go down 
+17
Moon eyes
FalconJudge
Googlememan
ZionAtriedes
itsmeyouidiot
Karbo
Archmage_Bael
spike833
Jætte_Troll
Pendragon
Shady Knight
Jew
/Fish/
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
Doomguy
dlausactor6373
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:41 pm

to me, it seems funimation is doing fine. They've gotten much better in their dubs and translations than they were, say 5 years ago.

4kids having to sell makes sense, for funimation it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
to me, it seems funimation is doing fine. They've gotten much better in their dubs and translations than they were, say 5 years ago.

4kids having to sell makes sense, for funimation it doesn't.

That's what I said. Funimation is doing so well that they practically don't need Navarre anymore, so perhaps they're selling to hold themselves over until they invest enough to work independently.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 2:00 am

honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if funimation already COULD work independently.

it's like six flags trying to revive their dead company off the profit they get from magic mountain; since magic mountain is doing incredibly well, too.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 5:47 pm

Sorry to necropost, but there has been some recent news that applies to this. 4Kids has filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. This does mean they can still keep going for a while, but it also means they are in deep shit. Also, FUNimation apparently got sold to... itself? Gen Fukanaga bought the company for about $22 million.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:13 am

dlausactor6373 wrote:
Guess what:

4Kids has to sell their company!

That's right! The greedy bastards that brought us God-awful dubs of Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, CardCaptor Sakura, and Sonic X is losing millions and millions of dollars, so they may have to sell the company! Here's hoping they get picked up by a company like Funimation, so that their long streak of censorship and absolute suckage might finally come to an end!

EDIT: To be fair, the Pokemon dub wasn't that bad, but it was still bad.

Since you necro posted i want to say this
I liked the CCSakura dub... and yugioh
Jesus christ why does everyone hate dubs so much
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:43 am

Actually, CCS' dub wasn't MADE by 4Kids, it was made by Nelvana.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 am

The problem is when they try to make it modern and throw in music that's assaulting to the ears, among other annoying edits.

But yes, I've also heard this bankruptcy claim. They're really hemorrhaging in debt and should die off shortly.
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:15 pm

Well, in other anime related news Tokyopop is shutting down the US publishing division
http://www.comicsbeat.com/2011/04/15/end-of-an-era-tokyopop-shutting-down/

This leaves the question, wtf's gonna happen to manga in the us or Canada (cause I think it effects the north as well)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.   Karma's a bitch, 4Kids. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karma's a bitch, 4Kids.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: General forums :: Off topic discussion-
Jump to: