Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The life of Raynor the Naga

Go down 
+6
Karbo
Pendragon
Reiko
GREGOLE
gwadahunter2222
Dommo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dommo
Naga food

The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Ok for a moment, lets look at the dridder objectively. They eat species alive by ripping their insides out, and prolonging the process. They show now mercy to offspring of other creatures(as they really shouldn't as predators), and had no hesitation in trying to kill Raynor while he was young.

The dridders are competitors to the Naga, and are natural enemies. Think of the relationship that Hyenas and Lions have on the savannah. They attack and eat each other(especially their young) all of the time when the opportunity allows. I was just reflecting that in this case Raynor was acting in both a way natural to him, as well as making a long term strategic decision (if those eggs had hatched, then there might be twice as many dridder roaming around). In this world on Felarya there is no such thing as innocent. I could be a toddler, but if a Naga saw me, chances are she'd probably eat me. Does that make it right or wrong? From the human perspective it's wrong, but from Naga perspective it's no different then us liking to eat veal.

Now why did Raynor eat the eggs? Party out of spite and vengeance, but he also did it because he knew that as long as the dridder were in the general area, they were a danger to the other Naga in the region(including himself), as well as the humans he has to protect. If the situation was reversed, then I'm quite sure that the dridder would enjoy eating young Naga. Lions do the same thing. If they find a hyena den that isn't well protected, they take the opportunity to kill that years hyena cubs. Is it wrong that the lions killed the hyena young?

I'm just posing the question. Moral ambiguity is a fact of life, and while Raynor may have done a very cruel thing to the Dridder, the humans and Naga that the dridder had been eating lately might beg to argue. Smile
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Dommo wrote:
He was so full of adrenaline, that he he managed to overwhelm his bodies gag reflex. It's like when people have gotten thier arms trapped under boulders and cut them off to save their lives. Plus it's a tactic that saved his life when he was young, hence why he did it. How do you think his mother saved his life when the spiders attacked? She swallowed him, and as the spiders at her, he managed to stay hidden inside of her corpse. When the spiders dragged the body out to dispose of it, Raynor escaped back out of his mothers mouth.

He simply used a similar tactic, since he wanted to make sure that if he died and was eaten, that maybe guardsman Logan could escape and tell Spira what became of him.

I have other by asking myself about the story but you can not answer them without spoiling to your story our you will answer in your story.

Raynor when he came he changes the situation but there is ome consequence from neither Raynor nor people of Ardan won't predict and grow out of control:

The fact Raynor can be used in a way more personal or political by the people of Ardan, I mean some of the humans they give him can be opponent to the government.

Someone in exchange of the help of Raynor can give him the soltuion to eat humans without gag them.

What people of Ardan will react if they know the goal of Raynor to revive his former clan Question

What would happen if there was not enough humans and chocolate to satisfy the need of the female nagas of the area Question

What would happen if there was not enough cow to feed Raynor Question

Now the situation is stable but when the things will progress what will happen, it's the thing I am asking me.

@GREGOLE: I think it will be fun to write a story where Crisis is shown as an evil naga to the view of an innocent dridder girl Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:00 pm

Quote :
Ok for a moment, lets look at the dridder objectively. They eat species alive by ripping their insides out, and prolonging the process. They show now mercy to offspring of other creatures(as they really shouldn't as predators), and had no hesitation in trying to kill Raynor while he was young.

The same could be said of nagas and humans.

The point is, these dridders had done nothing wrong to him, yet he treated them as though they were Satan's brides. That is racial predjudice and I am NOT going to get behind a character with that kind of attitude.

Quote :
The dridders are competitors to the Naga, and are natural enemies. Think of the relationship that Hyenas and Lions have on the savannah. They attack and eat each other(especially their young) all of the time when the opportunity allows. I was just reflecting that in this case Raynor was acting in both a way natural to him, as well as making a long term strategic decision (if those eggs had hatched, then there might be twice as many dridder roaming around). In this world on Felarya there is no such thing as innocent. I could be a toddler, but if a Naga saw me, chances are she'd probably eat me. Does that make it right or wrong? From the human perspective it's wrong, but from Naga perspective it's no different then us liking to eat veal.

Now why did Raynor eat the eggs? Party out of spite and vengeance, but he also did it because he knew that as long as the dridder were in the general area, they were a danger to the other Naga in the region(including himself), as well as the humans he has to protect. If the situation was reversed, then I'm quite sure that the dridder would enjoy eating young Naga. Lions do the same thing. If they find a hyena den that isn't well protected, they take the opportunity to kill that years hyena cubs. Is it wrong that the lions killed the hyena young?

I'm just posing the question. Moral ambiguity is a fact of life, and while Raynor may have done a very cruel thing to the Dridder, the humans and Naga that the dridder had been eating lately might beg to argue.

You're forgetting that these are sentient beings here. They're not animals, they're people. Nagas and dridders don't hate one another due to competition, they hate one another because dridder culture teaches that nagas are inferior and nagas take it to heart and start killing every dridder they meet. From my perspective, the nagas are the bad guys here.

Just because a culture teaches something is no reason to take it out on the entire race. It could be said that human culture teaches that homosexuality is bad, but how many among us are actually homophobes?

Bottom line, Raynor is a human being(Who's a naga, but still a human being) who killed a group of other humans beings because of their species. That makes him far more of a villain than any dridder who just happens to eat in a creepy fashion.

Quote :
@GREGOLE: I think it will be fun to write a story where Crisis is shown as an evil naga to the view of an innocent dridder girl

I've never read anything about Crisis having anything against dridders - indeed, I recall a story where she befriends a naxyla dridder and doesn't even know what dridders are.

But you can bet any one of your vital organs, I AM going to adress this cliche in my future works and offer us something from the poor, abused dridders' point of view(if memory serves, I've already done this with Reika).
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:18 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

I've never read anything about Crisis having anything against dridders - indeed, I recall a story where she befriends a naxyla dridder and doesn't even know what dridders are.

But you can bet any one of your vital organs, I AM going to adress this cliche in my future works and offer us something from the poor, abused dridders' point of view(if memory serves, I've already done this with Reika).

The only thing I know is history is written by the winner, so from the naga point of view Dridders are evil but we don't know really the point of view of the dridders. I mean what is the true reason of the war between dridders and nagas.

I had an idea to write a story about a human who become a seeker of Sineria because he has been saved from a naga by a dridder. It will give an interesting view of the character of Felarya like Crisis and co.

But I'm too lazy and english is not my main language sobsob
Back to top Go down
Dommo
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Exactly hunter. History is written by the winners. I never said that the Dridder were all bad(from the human perspective they are in general), I simply said that they were predatory competitors of the Naga. Note, that when Raynor approached the Nest, he saw the corpse of a Naga he knew. These Dridder weren't pacifists, they lived by the sword and died by it. In all likelyhood that's what will eventually happen to Raynor(he's just better at avoiding such a fate than most).

I'm not trying to paint Raynor, as a perfect character, or as even necessarily a good guy. He's manipulative, arrogant, and violent. However he's honest, friendly, patient, and has an honorable streak as well. He's a dichotomy of good and bad qualities, just like we all are. He does what he does for his own reasons. Those reasons might or might not be good reasons. Is he right for exterminating a generation of Dridder? Is he right for abusing the addiction many female Naga have to humans in order to breed? Is he right using humans as a means of fending off his rivals? Is he right to commit gross acts of violence and cruelty if it means that he might someday return his tribe of Naga to their former glory? Is vengeance acceptable? Is it acceptable for him allow himself to be somewhat enslaved(although comfortably) to the humans in exchange for their help?

What I'm trying to get at is that Raynor, is a complex creature in a complex situation. He might do things that are right, wrong, stupid, or clever. But that's the point, and that's what gives his character life. Too often, I see characters that are so stereotypically good or bad, that they just aren't interesting. I don't expect everyone to like him, just I like I don't expect everyone to like me. It's just not something realistic to expect. But I appreciate the feedback, and I like when people respond to what I write. Smile
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:48 pm

Quote :
Exactly hunter. History is written by the winners. I never said that the Dridder were all bad(from the human perspective they are in general), I simply said that they were predatory competitors of the Naga. Note, that when Raynor approached the Nest, he saw the corpse of a Naga he knew. These Dridder weren't pacifists, they lived by the sword and died by it. In all likelyhood that's what will eventually happen to Raynor(he's just better at avoiding such a fate than most).

I'm not trying to paint Raynor, as a perfect character, or as even necessarily a good guy. He's manipulative, arrogant, and violent. However he's honest, friendly, patient, and has an honorable streak as well. He's a dichotomy of good and bad qualities, just like we all are. He does what he does for his own reasons. Those reasons might or might not be good reasons. Is he right for exterminating a generation of Dridder? Is he right for abusing the addiction many female Naga have to humans in order to breed? Is he right using humans as a means of fending off his rivals? Is he right to commit gross acts of violence and cruelty if it means that he might someday return his tribe of Naga to their former glory? Is vengeance acceptable? Is it acceptable for him allow himself to be somewhat enslaved(although comfortably) to the humans in exchange for their help?

What I'm trying to get at is that Raynor, is a complex creature in a complex situation. He might do things that are right, wrong, stupid, or clever. But that's the point, and that's what gives his character life. Too often, I see characters that are so stereotypically good or bad, that they just aren't interesting. I don't expect everyone to like him, just I like I don't expect everyone to like me. It's just not something realistic to expect. But I appreciate the feedback, and I like when people respond to what I write.

I'm not certain you grasp where I'm coming from.
Raynor hasn't lost my sympathy because he's a false good guy, he's lost it because he's literally a jackass that I refuse to root for, by this point.
He didn't treat the dridders like competitiors, he treated them like demons. From what I gather, this isn't even his territory, it's miles away from it.
I'm terribly sorry, but that's the kind of character I refuse to get behind in a story.

I think you're a very good writer, but I also thing you're treating these guys a bit too much like animals and not enough like sentient beings.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:16 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

I'm not certain you grasp where I'm coming from.
Raynor hasn't lost my sympathy because he's a false good guy, he's lost it because he's literally a jackass that I refuse to root for, by this point.
He didn't treat the dridders like competitiors, he treated them like demons. From what I gather, this isn't even his territory, it's miles away from it.
I'm terribly sorry, but that's the kind of character I refuse to get behind in a story.

I think you're a very good writer, but I also thing you're treating these guys a bit too much like animals and not enough like sentient beings.

I share your point view about Raynor but the problem we see the scene from the point of view of Raynor not from an objective view. I mean all we know is how Raynor see the things, I think we don't have all the details.

When we look objectively, Raynor is just acting to satisfy his own interest, make love with the other females and have beer from the humans. This guy is selfish nothing else, in clear he will do everything until he has what he wants.

The fact he shows the dridders as Demon is very interesting because Raynor tries to find a false excuse to justify the fact he is a murderer. This is one of the flaws of the human nature, this guy is big liar.

I don't care about to love Raynor or not, but all I want to know is if the author will show the consequence of Raynor's action. In clear when Raynor will have to choose between the nagas and the humans. Will he sacrifice the idea to revive his clan and risking to become a serious problem to the human or to become the protector of the human even against the other naga males and females.

What Raynor will do Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Dommo
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:28 pm

I'll start treating things like sentient beings when I see one Laughing l(this coming from a human). What makes you think that Dridders/Naga/anything intelligent would be any more or less petty, or cruel than we are? I'm sorry, but we humans act like animals to each other all of the time, and over smaller differences. If you expect intelligence to equate to kindness, then that's just unrealistic. We as human beings have exterminated people for having different colored skin, or differing cultural attitudes. Now amplify that effect by a hundred when you have to deal with Naga and Dridder.

Maturity, kindness, and empathy are not exactly requirements for being sentient. If you need proof, look at past animals like Mao, Stalin, Hitler, etc(I'm quite sure they'd all qualify as sentient). Having intelligence doesn't make you any less of an animal(merely a more dangerous and creative beast). I'm pretty sure that the longer you live, the more buried the grudges get. Things that happened a thousand years ago, might be recent memory to a Naga. Being impolite, might hold ramifications because its likely that even a thousand years later the person you were impolite to would remember(think of all the people that were mean to you in our childhood, you can still remember them). Think about how many much violence and hatred propogates on earth, over things that happened hundreds of years ago. Now imagine, if the people involved in those events never died and the events were never forgotten. Then you can see where deep ingrained hatred can come from among creatures like the Naga(read the lord of the rings books, a lot of this is covered in there with distrust that elves have for humans).

That said, we humans have also been capable of acts of unbelievable kindness and mercy, and amongst Naga and Dridder, that's definitely true as well. I could very well see it being possible to where isolated Dridder or Naga, that hadn't been influenced by past hatred could live in peace. It's even possible that the on the individual level, dridder and Naga might get along(Look up the Christmas Truce of WWI where the germans and british stopped fighting to celebrate christmas, and refused to hurt each other until the higher ups in their respective armies forced them to fight). However, to expect everyone to just forget the past and set aside historical distrust and hate for one another, I can't see happening.

The fate I kind of see in Raynor, is that he'll achieve a "pyhrric victory". He'll accomplish what he set out to do, but in the process will meet his downfall in some way, either by his own hand, or by the hands of others. He'll fall for the same reason his tribe fell to the Driddrs, and that reason was pride. I intend to bring Raynor full circle, and I intend to have it be his pride that brings him down.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:30 pm

^ And if this weren't Felarya but WWII, and those weren't dridders but jews, and if Raynor were a nazi, I'd still not like him.

I'm sorry, but nothing is going to excuse his actions in my book.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:46 pm

You know I like this little discussion because until now none story or fan fiction based on Felarya had this kind of debate.

I explain there is few people who are honest in their comments, I admit Raynor is very different than we use to see Very Happy

Maybe it's an asshole like Raynor who are responsible from the war between dridders and nagas. It's open possibility maybe the dridders has a good reason to hate nagas after all. You don't think the nagas are shown a bit too much innocent when they deal with dridders. The hate you have against Raynor is the goal of the author.

Honestly I don't like Raynor the reason why I read his story just to see where it will go. This naga play a very dangerous game where he can win a lot and lose everything.

I don't search to excuse to Raynor, but all I want to know is the author will be honest and show the consequences or just ignore them.

It seems Raynor chooses the path GREGOLE says. The people you quote Dommo you know how they end, so what are you plannig to do Evil laugh

I suggest you GREGOLE to keep your point and continue to comment as you do now Very Happy

But a question Raynor is very trustful to the man of Ardan I think, why the human will help him after all he can let Raynor to his fate and save his life. I think you need to work on that too, because you focuse on the interest and not about things like friendship or honor...
Back to top Go down
Dommo
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:38 pm

It'll get there. Let's just say that the human currently in Raynor's belly is going to be a significant factor in Raynor's future, and he might have some influence on some of Raynors actions. Because up until this point, Raynor hasn't really had someone to hmm.. Not so much guide him, but give him advice, and listen to him(Logan's a 40 year old male, who while being human can relate to Raynor). I plan on having the Guard Logan fill that role, almost like a quasi-father figure. Because it's such a dog-eat dog world for the male Naga, with the exception of brothers, most are typically hostile to pretty much everything but female Naga. This means that while Raynor, may be deep down a "decent" creature, he's had to be cruel to survive. I plan on using Logan(who's a 40 year old family man), to act as way to try to give Raynor other reasons for existance other than just procreating and avenging his people.

So the second half of this chapter will alternate to the perspective of the human in Raynors belly(which might be a first on the forums lol).
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 1:56 am

Well, I for one was rather intrigued by Raynor's actions.

It doesn't matter if you think it's wrong or not. Raynor may be a murderer, but so is everything else in Felarya. Mermaids consume entire vessels of humans, even if children are aboard. Harpies prey upon the weak and downtrodden, despite their age. Nagas eat most humans, and almost never spare them, be they good or evil. If Raynor hadn't killed those dridders, they would've killed millions in the future. It's a choice that had to be made.

I mean, it isn't fair how neko men and women are mistreated, considering they aren't even dangerous. It's not even that they are eaten the most and taunted by preds for being so small. I've read too many stories where they are abused by other races just for their sick pleasure. That's why, whenever a pred is killed by nekos, I laugh and laugh and laugh...

The same is true here. But since the dridders are designed to kill humans from birth, and since they've killed so many already, what Raynor did was justified to a point. (I mean, come on. They KILLED his mother. He deserves that vengeance.)

Morality. Humanity. Equality. It just isn't good enough for this world.

This is Felarya. You do what you must to survive.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:12 am

There is a really interesting debate here Razz

I can understand Raynor and his actions, what motivate him but I agree this don't make him a very likable character. Just very realistic.
Ant this is maybe this realism that is unsettling, as you don't see it often in Felarya. Now if this realism is usefull or not may also be another debate ( Granted, depicting a world in a realistic way where basically giant creatures keep killing mercilessly others who are smaller and enjoy it greatly may not be very appealing ^^; )

You also bringed a very good point on the fact that some giant hybrids live long which means old hatred keep living as well and are being transmitted.

Just one remark on the poison of dridders that is supposed to be very lethal and not just temporary ^^;

Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:03 am

Quote :
It doesn't matter if you think it's wrong or not. Raynor may be a murderer, but so is everything else in Felarya. Mermaids consume entire vessels of humans, even if children are aboard. Harpies prey upon the weak and downtrodden, despite their age. Nagas eat most humans, and almost never spare them, be they good or evil. If Raynor hadn't killed those dridders, they would've killed millions in the future. It's a choice that had to be made.

Obviously I'm not making my point of view clear enough.
Raynor hasn't lost favor with me for killing the dridders. He lost favor with me for being an ass about it.

When I read that story, all elements of survival, realism and the like were lost. Raynor killed the dridders because he hated them for being dridders. He didn't do it to survive, he did it because he wanted to see them die and he wanted to inflict pain on them.

THAT is not something I can get behind. It may make him realistic, but it doesn't make him an iota more likeable.

Quote :
The same is true here. But since the dridders are designed to kill humans from birth, and since they've killed so many already, what Raynor did was justified to a point. (I mean, come on. They KILLED his mother. He deserves that vengeance.)

THESE particular dridders didn't kill his mother.

It would be like if someone's loved one was killed by a stray dog, so they guy went and took it out on someone else's dog.
I would like to point out that someone who would do something like that would not only lose favor with me, but I would want to see them dead.

As I said before, nothing is going to justify his actions to me.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:10 am

That is understandable.

I guess he could've been nicer about it instead of being an ass.

However, when is the last time you survived an encounter against a dridder? These particular dridders were dangerous as well, and there was no telling what else they had done.

To put it in perspective, it's like seeing your mother murdered by a harpy. If you see another harpy murder an entire family, then you have every right to put an end to her.

Besides, didn't he see the husks of their poor prey before he attacked? He knew of the horrible things they had done.

I know it won't convince you to change your mind, and that's perfectly fine. But Raynor, despite being a bit of an ass, was kinda right.

I mean, I would've done the same thing if I was in his scales.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:19 am

In my opinion, Raynor thinks he can have everything just because he is the biggest naga male and has a long live.

He seems powerfull but it doesn't mean he can not be defeated Laughing
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:20 am

Quote :
Besides, didn't he see the husks of their poor prey before he attacked? He knew of the horrible things they had done.

It's a known fact that dridders prey on nagas, just like nagas prey on humans. How is it any different?

He didn't kill them because they were dangerous, he killed them because he hated them for what they were, because of what a group of unrelated dridders did.
And I will state once again that that kind of attitude is something I refuse to get behind.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 6:32 am

GREGOLE wrote:

It's a known fact that dridders prey on nagas, just like nagas prey on humans. How is it any different?

He didn't kill them because they were dangerous, he killed them because he hated them for what they were, because of what a group of unrelated dridders did.
And I will state once again that that kind of attitude is something I refuse to get behind.

I agree with you, naga killed humans and dridders killes nagas, but oddly the humans prefers the naga it's rather strange Shocked

Why humans don't ally with dridders first after all, they will have a common interest. I know there is the seeker of Sineria but when I think I doubt all the nagas are as kindly as Crisis.

The reason is just because the dridders are less developped than the nagas that's all
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
^ And if this weren't Felarya but WWII, and those weren't dridders but jews, and if Raynor were a nazi, I'd still not like him.
And yet again the "Nazi's will inevitably be brought up in a debate" rule comes into play.

Find the updates pretty interesting. See where others are coming at here with the young dridder thing, but it doesn't really bother me that much.

EDIT:
gwadahunter2222 wrote:

I agree with you, naga killed humans and dridders killes nagas, but oddly the humans prefers the naga it's rather strange Shocked

Why humans don't ally with dridders first after all, they will have a common interest. I know there is the seeker of Sineria but when I think I doubt all the nagas are as kindly as Crisis.

The reason is just because the dridders are less developped than the nagas that's all
Common Interest? Not really (Well, 'cept the Humans who tend to be interested in self gain alone).

A deal with a Dridder ending with the Dridder side actively plotting to kill the humans / nekos when their use is over, and weakening them throughout the deal to make the job easier. Dridders don't really strike me as the honest sort of folk.
Back to top Go down
Dommo
Naga food

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Oh I know I about dridder poison being lethal, it's just that these dridder wanted to capture Raynor alive, so that the Nest Mother could have her way with him when she returns back home. That's why Raynor is just paralyzed in a coccon of webbing for the time being(the Dridder plan to get Mideval on Raynor's ass for what he did, and plan on dragging out his death for a week or two).

As for the humans preferring naga, at least there your death is relatively quick(not saying it's a good one). But the dridder like to drag out the process of eating you. So from the human perspective, the naga are definitely the lesser evil of the two. It's kind like choosing between dying in your sleep, and being burned alive. Most would choose the former. Even naga would often choose to be killed by just about anything else but a dridder.

I like how much I'm stirring the pot here, as that was largely my goal Smile. I find it enjoyable reading what everyone else has to say, and the comments on the story.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Dommo wrote:
Oh I know I about dridder poison being lethal, it's just that these dridder wanted to capture Raynor alive, so that the Nest Mother could have her way with him when she returns back home. That's why Raynor is just paralyzed in a coccon of webbing for the time being(the Dridder plan to get Mideval on Raynor's ass for what he did, and plan on dragging out his death for a week or two).

But the problem is not the poison which become weak but Raynor Sad

In the story Raynor speaks as if the effect of the poison will loose his effect on him, when I read the story Raynor thinks he is different because he is big and old but I think he act like a kid than adult. I know it's a first view story but there is the feeling you neglect many factors in favor of the main character.

You focuse on a lot about the relationship between Raynor and the humans of Ardan but you don't developp his relation with the other females naga, except Spira they seem to not have a real personality. They seem all submissive to him.

You don't show realy the situation from the two side I think.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 am

Quote :

Well most venom from a creature or plant wouldn't be lethal in Felarya from my readings on the wiki but my knowledge has been known to be flawed from time to time. However, what I do know is this; dridders can be pretty sadistic with their prey and it wouldn't strike me as odd if they had more than one time of venom in their bodies.

One a strong hemotoxin to begin digestion of the prey from the inside out; the other would be a powerful, pain inducing neurotoxin. Although, to my knowledge that hasn't been completely solidified yet so you may be breaking new ground here if you choose to.

All in all, just go for it and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 2:31 pm

the wiki wrote:
Their natural weapons are their claws and their venom which is often lethal, even at small doses. They actually possess a wide variety of poisons, some of them which will only make the bitten creature sleepy. Dridders also love to forge weapons and armor, and you will often see their legs reinforced by spiked plates.

multiple poisons some only make them sleepy story seems to be accurate in that regard
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:33 pm

dreadis wrote:
the wiki wrote:
Their natural weapons are their claws and their venom which is often lethal, even at small doses. They actually possess a wide variety of poisons, some of them which will only make the bitten creature sleepy. Dridders also love to forge weapons and armor, and you will often see their legs reinforced by spiked plates.

multiple poisons some only make them sleepy story seems to be accurate in that regard

Ah thanks for that. Although... I really think that part of the wiki that says "poisons" should be re-written to say "venoms" since venom is an animal product that needs to be injected (which spiders and by proxy dridders do) and poisons are a product of plants which need to be ingested or absorbed from the skin.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:22 pm

true it should say venoms but this is the wrong place to complain about that i believe
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The life of Raynor the Naga   The life of Raynor the Naga - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The life of Raynor the Naga
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next