Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oldie and the Friends list.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toadz
Tasty morsel
Toadz

Oldie and the Friends list. Empty
PostSubject: Oldie and the Friends list.   Oldie and the Friends list. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Hello hello. This is my first character submission for the Felarya world, a Vampire called Oldie. He, along with his pet Trochili Pintsize and a currently unnamed Scarlet Elf girl, will be the main characters of a story I'm planning called "Two and a half heads." I'll post what the stories about with Pintsize and the Giant's bios. Anyway, right now I'm just posting Oldie's to "test the waters". I couldn't find as much information about Vampires as I could about other races, so I might have had to add smaller things on to give him a little more to work with. Maybe. Honestly, I feel as if I rushed a bit (I haven't worked on a Bio in awhile. Very Happy) so I'd like to get opinions from you all regarding him.

Edit: Cleaning up the profile and making some minor corrections.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Oldie.
Sex: Yes please! (Male)
Race: Vampire.
Height: 5 feet exactly.
Skin Color: Is currently lacking skin altogether.
Hair Color: Lost his hair years ago (along with everything else).
Eye Color: He’s got no freakin eyes!
Likes: Meeting new people, making friends, funny people, and adventuring.
Dislikes: The Sun, Fire and Holy magic. Angels and Demons that won’t stop bugging him.

Appearance:
Oldie has the appearance of the most basic of undead, the skeleton; his flesh having long since been ripped off his body. He is nothing more then an animated skeleton now, and likes it this way. Naturally he wears clothes to keep people from running in panic of him: an enchanted cloak along with simple boots, gloves, a sweater, and overalls are his preferred choice of clothing. He wears a mask while keeping his hood up to cover his noggin.

Personality:
Oldie is carefree, funny, and kind (enough). He Loves to make jokes, good and bad, and of any kind of variety. Lawyer jokes, blond jokes, sexual jokes, dead baby humor; whatever gets him a good laugh. He’s a friendly individual and has made friends with many of the Predators that have devoured the members of his former adventuring group, even having a book dedicated to recording them (it’s a hobby of his). He goes out of his way to visit these friends during his time off from adventuring, even if some of his friendships seem to be one-sided. He does have a short attention-span, however, notoriously leaving adventure groups half-way through because things "got boring".
That said, he doesn't seem to care much about what happens to others. It must be that age of his, having easily outlived most sentinel life forms, and excepts that "shit happens" in life. He'll make exceptions to this philosophy naturally but for the rest of the world he just shrugs his shoulders and moves on.

History:
Oldie is a strange individual that comes from a far off world of nightmares, or so he claims. Really, there is very little one would know about him. This has less to do with him being un-talkative (he’s quiet the chatter box) and more along the lines of him rarely remembering anything that’s happened past the last hundred years. Having lived for several thousands of years he rarely makes the effort to distinguish the passing of time, or era’s, for that matter. A few events have stuck with him over the years, however, such as the day he was turned, a few scattered years of the time when he was at his prime as a Vampire, the day that the flesh was ripped off his bones, his thousand + years of community service, ect. He finds discussing these events in his life dull for the simple fact that he’s had to tell these stories over and over again, only talking about his ascension (in his eyes) into becoming a skeleton for the simple fact that people won’t stop bugging him about it.

Simply put, Oldie was gorgeous in his prime. How gorgeous he looked seems to have slipped his memories, only having hazing recollection of tanned skin and silky white hair. He was a shortie, mind you, but a good looking one. One day out of boredom he decided to mess with a caravan of Gypsies in his world. Pillage, rape, plunder; it was nothing new. He wasn’t picky when he was bored, so everyone got a ride! Just as he was finishing clean up, which meant killing off everyone in the caravan so the survivors would swear vengeance and coming bothering him in a few years, one of the younger Gypsies placed a curse on him. It was the same girl that had led him to the caravan, taken in by his beauty. She cursed herself for falling for him, and cursed him to lose his ‘humanity’ so that no one would commit the same mistake again. He made some joke about being undead then killed her, finishing his work and whistling a bright tune as he strolled out of the wreckage. The curse made his flesh slowly rotten to the point that it began to fall off him like a common undead. Eventually he just got tired of it and ripped off the remains himself, embracing his new form.

He spent the next thousand something years doing communities service, deciding to turn over a new leaf after obtaining his new form. It was more along the lines of ‘playing nice to impress the heavens into letting him stay in eternal paradise when he dies’ rather then out of the kindness of his (rotten) heart. It was a start, at least. Eventually, years later, after many mishaps and misadventures (as well as being bored enough) he wound up in Felarya. Currently he’s offering himself up as a mercenary to adventures willing to pay his high prices. He doesn’t actually care about the money; he just figures any adventure rich enough to pay him was bound to be heading on an exciting adventure.

Abilities:
-Oldie, like many Vampires from his home world, can wield Necromancy of the grandest of levels. It’s one of the few things left over from his reign of terror in his prime. That said, Necromancy can’t work in Felarya, so that’s moot.
-Oldie lost the super strength he wielded in his fleshy form, still as strong as a physically fit human, but no where near his former power. He retained some of his bodies’ endurance, his skeletal form able to easily block attacks from melee weapon and capable of surviving strikes from Predators. He can’t hold his ground though, so he’ll be sent flying regardless (and there’s nothing funnier then watching him go flying).
-Thanks to the Curse, Oldie is able to survive without the pillar body organs (heart and brain) that all vampires seem to need even though they’re walking corpses. He’s also now a sleepless being, much to his chagrin. He usually spends his nights while waiting for his fellow adventures to wake up reading his friends book, talking to Pintsize, or practicing his shadow puppet skills. He believes that in a few decades he’ll transcend his need for drinking blood as well, but only time will tell.
-Due to his skeletal form, most Predators won’t try to eat him. He’s nothing but bones, after all, so it’s just not worth it. Those select few that try to will unanimously immediately spit him back out. He’s been told that he tastes positively awful. There’s a saying amongst the Predators of Felarya “Don’t eat Oldie, he tastes fucking terrible”.
-Oldie is, in fact, not distracted by the sexy (even if he does make sexual jokes). Must be his lack of dick.
-Oldie has epic shadow puppet skills.

Possessions:
-Shadow cloak: An enchanted cloak to protect him from the Sun and fire element attacks, used be him even before he lost his flesh. He can still be hurt by both, but not to the extreme that he would be with his cloak off. Holy attacks are not effected in anyway by this, they still hit for full damage.
-Canteen: Full of blood from whatever non-sentinel creature he can get his hands on. Used to quill his thirst for blood and keep from feasting on his adventuring pals or pet Trochili.
-Pintsize cage: Pintsize’s, the Trochili that Oldie keeps as a pet (long story), cage. The only time she’s in her cage is when she’s sleeping, preferring freedom to its cramped confines.
-Friends list: A magical book he used to sign contracts (And enforce them) back in his prime, it now serves as a simple list of people/creatures he’s met and befriended on his adventures. Allows him to track down anyone that he has listed in the book, as it gives there current location upon command.
-Money bags: For holding money. This should be obvious.
-Food bag: Crackers and small pieces of bread for Pintsize (This is more of a snack for her, really).

Extra:
-Oldie’s and Pintsize’s relationship will be talked about in Pintsize’s profile, for the sake of shortening Oldies. >>
-Angels and Demons seem to have it out for Oldie. Angels wanting Oldie to pass on so that his several thousand plus year old soul will go to heaven (The community service really helped out in the end) if only to keep his soul out of the hands of Demons. Demons want Oldies soul because the Angels want him so badly, and a few of them figure he might taste good.
-Even though Oldie is a skeleton he still has to drink blood. Though after all these years he’s starting to “Faze out” of having to, figuring that within the next decade or so he won’t have to feed to keep from ceasing to exist.
-Has a tendency of calling people "Sweetie, Honey, Dear, Young'in,ect" Rather then their names. He rarely seems to remember peoples names, and when trying to remember will mispronounce them. He uses the fact that he's old to get away with it. This applies to anyone that isn't human shaped. Humans are almost always called "Meatbags". It helps his mercenary image.

Last edited by Toadz on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Toadz
Tasty morsel
Toadz

PostSubject: Re: Oldie and the Friends list.   Oldie and the Friends list. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 12:24 pm

It seems that I forgot to explain the other half of the title. The Friends list, while not only being an enchanted item in possession of Oldie, is the profiles that I'll be posting here as more and more characters appear in the story (and one or two will be posted after it ends). Naturally I want to post the three main characters here before I begin, but I'm thinking about starting before I work on Suzie's (The now named Scarlet Elf). Do note that not every profile will be as chaotic or long as Oldie's. I just had to write more due to the lack of information regarding vampire's in Felarya, as well as talk about his odd appearance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Pintsize
Sex: Female.
Race: Harpy (Trochili)
Height: 3 inches.
Skin Color: ?
Hair Color: green
Eye Color: black
Feather Color: green, blue, purple
Likes: Her master, flying, Starkala bugs, crackers and bread (makes a nice snack)
Dislikes: Anything that tries to eat her, sleeping in her cage

Appearance:
Standing at 3 inches tall, she has a slim figure and noticeable curves (not that anyone larger then her would take notice, mind you). Like many harpies there are feathers at her waist that continue down her legs, giving her more or less natural feathered pants. These feathers come in a variety of green, blue, and purple colors. At the tips of each of her wings are three claw-like fingers, which allows her to grasp objects fairly well while not flying. She doesn't wear any hand-made clothing, find it unnecessary.

Personality:
Hyperactive: She’s always on the move and always chatting away with whoever is willing to listen to her. Pintsize lacks the usual shy attitude that others of her race posses in favor of starting up conversations with anyone who’s friendly enough. Except Neko’s, or anything else she thinks will try to eat her. She loves to make friends as much as her master does, usually befriending the same people/predators and being the one to remind Oldie what their names are. Pintsize is fiercely loyal to Oldie, always with him wherever he goes and helping him whenever given the chance. She enjoys his attention, usually in the form of thumb wrestling (Her vs. Oldie’s thumb) or any other playful activity she can think of.
However, she can be a bit of an attention whore. People who ignore her usually end up with her buzzing around them while yelling “Hey! Hey listen!” This has led to Oldie being banned from a few shops around town.

History:
There’s not much of a past for Pintsize, really. She was found as an egg by Oldie and he took it back with him to Negav, figuring it be interesting to see what hatched. A few weeks later she hatched while Oldie was on an adventure in the Great rocky fields, inside of her cage. It was a joyous occasion, Oldie having to peel the egg shells off of Pintsize and listen to her constant chirping (which eventually got Oldie kicked out of the adventuring party). Oldie, who was perfectly fine with the chirping and thought it’d be fun to have a pet Harpy, kept her around. They’ve been inseparable ever since.
Through out their companionship she has proven time and time again to be a valuable ally to have out in the dangerous world of Ferlarya. Either by acting as a scout for his adventure parties or distracting particularity mean Predators, she has become a vital tool in his adventures.

Possessions:
-Cage: Not that she wants it. She uses it to sleep and that’s it, preferring to spend her time flying around Oldie.
-Food bag: Technically Oldie’s, but he keeps it for her sake. It carries crackers and pieces of bread for her to eat while on the go.

Abilities:
-She can fly, obviously.
-Has an amazing talent for escaping.
-She can annoy you.

Extra:
-Oldie and Pintsize’s relationship can be summed up as Oldie thinks of her as a pet and Pintsize thinks of him as a parental figure.
-Oldie wasn't comfortable with her calling him "Momma", so he taught her to call him "Master" instead.
-Even though Oldie was the one that raised Pintsize, she still has the Insulting language quirk that other Harpies have. He's not sure if it was due to influence from other Harpies that he was un-aware of or if it's just genetic.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Oldie and the Friends list.   Oldie and the Friends list. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Heh, got to say I like the concept and character of Pintsize... Even if her name sounds familiar to me... :p
Though, with any characters, its hard to judge until I see them in action.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oldie and the Friends list.   Oldie and the Friends list. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oldie and the Friends list.
Page 1 of 1