Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Friends, sorta......

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

Best Friends, sorta......  Empty
PostSubject: Best Friends, sorta......    Best Friends, sorta......  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:16 am

Revised in an RP

Last edited by shadow17 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chihiro Fujisaki
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Chihiro Fujisaki

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends, sorta......    Best Friends, sorta......  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 am

Also they sound a bit overpowered but I assure you they are not as far as Felarya goes, but to other humans and other small races go, they are VERY strong and not many are a match for them. Not that it matter cause I didn't think they'd make cannon anyways, I made them here cause I have RP'd with these characters for like 7 years now.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends, sorta......    Best Friends, sorta......  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:29 am

First of all, hello. Second of all, you know how to use the edit button- next time, combine posts, don't doublepost.

Okay, now let's get on to your characters. The last thing I want to do is get in the way of your fun, but if you're here I assume you want either validation or feedback, so take my advice or don't, as you see fit.

shadow17 wrote:
Also they sound a bit overpowered but I assure you they are not as far as Felarya goes, but to other humans and other small races go, they are VERY strong and not many are a match for them. Not that it matter cause I didn't think they'd make cannon anyways, I made them here cause I have RP'd with these characters for like 7 years now.
First, if you're planning to roleplay, then you should make them so they were fun to use with others' roleplaying characters, not so that they could have fair chances against just about anything.
[BTW, if you think not many would have a chance against them you're wrong. The guys here are damn crafty and more ornery than wild weed]

Second, tell me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be much of a chance for those two characters to do more than fight and be nasty. I mean, even though their abilities are described quite concisely, they're still as long, or longer, than either backgrounds or personalities.

I can tell that those abilities were holdovers from their original incarnations, and I suspect you've never gotten any problems about how short the backgrounds and personalities are... maybe you've just never elaborated actively on them and preferred to show them through interaction?

======

As for Victor... if you want him immune to age and suffocation that's okay with me, but just for the record, there's a gray area as to the identity of an individual with a mechanical brain. I hear Ghost in the Shell is good for details.

Similarly, even a mechanical lung can't find oxygen where there isn't any; suffocation should work, short of an internal oxygen source. Kidneys and livers also age, and he's only 27, so why don't you leave it to Felarya to make him immune to age? Felaryan soil grants eternal life (and immunity to all diseases) for as long as they stay on Felarya.

A biometric eye is fine by me. The fire-controlling machine on his arm, though, are you sure you don't want a flamethrower instead? It'd be easier to explain. His background is barebones, though I have no quarry with it at the time. I would ask where he found the time to experiment with himself, though, it sounds like they'd keep him busy.

Now for Damien. From the old root, "to break in"... well, that seems fine by me. However, if he lived on his own for most of his life, and he's 25, and both his parents died when he was 7, that means he spent 13 years alone. So this psychic who contacted him and taught him to control his powers should have done it when he was 20. If he was a sure bet for president when he came of age, that means he was a public person even before he hit 18. While being an orphan, living on his own, still unaware of how to control his parricidal superpowers.

But someone comes out of the blue and makes a 20-year old attend university? And in 5 years he's not just gotten 3 degrees but been through boot camp and promoted to leader of his own special forces unit for covert missions despite having been a public figure at one point? Not only that but he's gone from needing to be taught to control his psychic powers, which killed his father right after his mother died, to developing them to the point he can create objects?

You said he can fight a giant naga for 2 minutes. If you have ever been in a fight, 2 minutes is a horribly long time to fight. Even if it weren't, the time you can fight a giant naga with them is not a good way to measure your abilities.

Depending on the skepticism of your fellow roleplayers and how much they care about logic, consistency and background, those things might require redoing. If you're having fun anyway, though, just tell me and I'll gladly leave you to it.

BTW- you might still want to introduce yourself! Sticky thread on General Discussion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Friends, sorta......    Best Friends, sorta......  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Friends, sorta......
Page 1 of 1