Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Mineralogy Thread

Go down 
+31
TryMeIke
Black Aquila
Nyaha
Jasconius
Vaderaz
Sehoolighan
Oldman40k2003
Archmage_Bael
rcs619
Stabs
EliteCreature
JohnDoe
scifidork
/Fish/
Anime-Junkie
Jætte_Troll
nksrocks
Tuc135
Irritus
Asuroth
veeshan123
thegreatanda
Silent_eric
Feign
gwadahunter2222
dreadis
Karbo
Pendragon
Dommo
Malahite
Shady Knight
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Aether Crystal.
Sounds like a different and more common version of Ascarlin
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Fix it then but keep the premise the same.

Nerfed it so it's used mostly as an energy source.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm

For this I believe you can probably just go with stuff that's already in this thread. (I mean, that's why it's there).
Depending on what exactly you need it for, refined Actinite (the mineral/metal, not the ore, as I imagine that it's much more potent when refined).

If you need a magic power source, then Mazhir should do.

These are already canon, which I consider to be a good thing when using them.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
For this I believe you can probably just go with stuff that's already in this thread. (I mean, that's why it's there).
Depending on what exactly you need it for, refined Actinite (the mineral/metal, not the ore, as I imagine that it's much more potent when refined).

If you need a magic power source, then Mazhir should do.

These are already canon, which I consider to be a good thing when using them.
These no longer work as I've changed the Aether for having no magical properties and rather are used as power sources. And Jesus, what's taking you so long to reply? Took you two days.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm also doing other things. (had to help a guy with a flash project yesterday) and a little bit of procrastination...

Anyway, what's wrong with Mazhir for a power source? It generates electricity practically spontaneously (since magic is everywhere in Felarya). If you array a few of them you'd get a decent power output.
As for Aether's current incarnation, where does this energy come from..?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Well they transport it to a dimension almost completely void of magic.

As for what they are used to, think the minerals in Starcraft. If not, then it's your typical Power Crystal used on future machines are robots.

Also, it's the Actinite that releases electricity. The Maznir are just mana storage.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Also, it's the Actinite that releases electricity. The Maznir are just mana storage.
Well what i meant is a power source for magic.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:26 am

Atlas wrote:

Also I prefer to be refered as vaderaz (from my DA account) more than Atlas ( the name of my character ^^)

Alright ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 am

Scry Stone

Rarity: Semi-precious

Scry Stones are peculiar greenish crystals with a hollow interior and are always formed in pairs. They are given the name Scry Stones as the two crystals emit a 15 ft magical field which capture the sound an visuals, which can be seen and heard through the other, as if the persons within the field were next to each other. It is valued by mages as a convenient form of communication as one only needs to speak and expect an answer, instead of calling a certain number or frequency for more technologically inclined societies. Scry Stones are also sought by intelligence gathering organizations and spies, who cuts them down to the size of a pebble and slips it in their target's pocket and then let the oblivious suspect casually divulge information. Contrary to what everyone believes, the size of the stone doesn't affect its abilities in the slightest, but one is not recommended to use a pebble-sized scry stone for visual spying.

Record Stone

Rarity: Semi-precious

Record Stones are clear white crystals known for the many pale blue undulations waving inside the jewel. Their name come from the property that, when activated by a surge of magic, it records all visuals and sounds withing a 30 ft radius, and another surge must be used to end the recording. Future activations and deactivations only serve to play and stop the recording. Only a Dispel or Antimagic can delete the recording. Mages like using Record Stones as a mean to log progress on experiments, create their Will, or as magical security cameras, since their size doesn't affect their abilities in any form whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:19 pm

I had a similar idea to this, but since it didn't work, I'm taking it in a slightly different direction. Please, tell me what you think!

Faux-Alcazath, widely known as "fool's crystal", is a type of mineral that looks, feels, and has almost all other physical propeties of Alcazath crystal. It does not, however, share it's energy-absorbing properties. It is extremely common, and is commonly seen as a very non-valuable mineral (though to some has uses of its own), and many have and continue to make the mistake of believing it to be true Alcazath. Only those very familiar with Alcazath crystals are often able to tell the difference between the two without putting it to the test - a potentially dangerous test, as if fool's crystal comes into contact with a consentration of magic, it becomes extremly unstable and breaks down at an alarmingly fast rate, causing a large, and often fatal, explosion of energy. Many have lost their lives due a shield being mistakenly imbued with fool's crystal.

Last edited by Nyaha on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Nyaha wrote:
I had a similar idea to this, but since it didn't work, I'm taking it in a slightly different direction. Please, tell me what you think!

Felaryan pyrite, otherwise known as fool's crystal, is a type of mineral that looks, feels, and has all other physical propeties of Alcazath crystal. It does not, however, share it's energy-absorbing properties. It is extremely common, and is commonly seen as a very non-valuable mineral, and many have and continue to make the mistake of believing it to be true Alcazath. Even those very familiar with Alcazath crystals are usually unable to tell the difference between the two without putting it to the test - a potentially dangerous test, as if fool's crystal comes into contact with a consentration of magic, it becomes extremly unstable and breaks down at an alarmingly fast rate, causing a large, and often fatal, explosion of energy. Many have lost their lives from a shield imbued with fool's crystal.

Ok Nyaha, while your idea for Faux-Alcazath Crystal is actually rather cool, DON'T CALL IT PYRITE!!!

Pyrite is called pyrite because the Greeks described a brassy stone that created sparks when struck against steel, and called it puritēs, which later became a generic term for all sulfide minerals.

That said, this "Fool's Crystal" probably isn't without value, as it could certainly be used as a very effective anti-magic weapon.
And, really, if you're trying to liken this to pyrite, then like pyrite it should be easy to differentiate it from the real thing if you know what you're actually looking at.

Still, since Alcazath Crystal is EXTREMELY rare in the first place...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:07 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Nyaha wrote:

Felaryan pyrite, otherwise known as fool's crystal, is a type of mineral that looks, feels, and has all other physical propeties of Alcazath crystal. It does not, however, share it's energy-absorbing properties. It is extremely common, and is commonly seen as a very non-valuable mineral, and many have and continue to make the mistake of believing it to be true Alcazath. Even those very familiar with Alcazath crystals are usually unable to tell the difference between the two without putting it to the test - a potentially dangerous test, as if fool's crystal comes into contact with a consentration of magic, it becomes extremly unstable and breaks down at an alarmingly fast rate, causing a large, and often fatal, explosion of energy. Many have lost their lives from a shield imbued with fool's crystal.

Ok Nyaha, while your idea for Faux-Alcazath Crystal is actually rather cool, DON'T CALL IT PYRITE!!!

Pyrite is called pyrite because the Greeks described a brassy stone that created sparks when struck against steel, and called it puritēs, which later became a generic term for all sulfide minerals.

That said, this "Fool's Crystal" probably isn't without value, as it could certainly be used as a very effective anti-magic weapon.
And, really, if you're trying to liken this to pyrite, then like pyrite it should be easy to differentiate it from the real thing if you know what you're actually looking at.

Still, since Alcazath Crystal is EXTREMELY rare in the first place...
You mustn't let things upset you like this. I'll remove the pyrite bit if it makes you that mad. Also, I'm only likening it to pyrite so far. Fool's crystal is meant to be dangerous. It loses that effect if you can easily clarify wether or not it is real Alcazath. Although, you have a point about it not being completely without value. It'd make a great high-grade explosive, don't you think? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Sorry, it's just Mineral names are kind of important, and it's not right to call it pyrite if it's not FeS2.

But yeah, having the two crystals virtually identical save their unique properties causes a LOT of issues.

Think about it, if the only test to tell the two apart resulted in a deadly explosion 99 times out of 100, would you even bother with it on the slim chance that you have some actual Alcazath Crystals?

My thought on the idea is that, like Real Gold verse Pyrite, the two crystals are superficially similar enough that those unfamiliar with real Alcazath Crystals would easily mistake the Fool's Crystals as genuine, and since the Authentic Crystal is soo rare...

That way, they're still incredibly dangerous to explorers, but not to people who know what they're working with.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Black Aquila wrote:
Sorry, it's just Mineral names are kind of important, and it's not right to call it pyrite if it's not FeS2.

But yeah, having the two crystals virtually identical save their unique properties causes a LOT of issues.

Think about it, if the only test to tell the two apart resulted in a deadly explosion 99 times out of 100, would you even bother with it on the slim chance that you have some actual Alcazath Crystals?

My thought on the idea is that, like Real Gold verse Pyrite, the two crystals are superficially similar enough that those unfamiliar with real Alcazath Crystals would easily mistake the Fool's Crystals as genuine, and since the Authentic Crystal is soo rare...

That way, they're still incredibly dangerous to explorers, but not to people who know what they're working with.
Nya, that sounds good then. Okay, experts can tell the difference without teh boom-boom. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:09 am

I've got another one. I think this will be very useful.

Radionyte is a type of mineral that is usually found in rock-form. It is relatively uncommon, and it comes in a dark shade of green, appearing as an unimpressive green stone. However, when two stones of radionyte are struck together, they begin transmitting whatever sounds they "hear" between one another. It is believed that the range of transmission depends on the consentration of magic that is inside, not the size of the stone. The size of the stone also does not affect the volume of the sound coming out of it; it will be as loud as the sound originally was, pending the distance it was heard from. It is also known that one stone of radionyte can transmit to more than one stone at a time, and that striking the stone against any surface that is not radionyte will disrupt the connection and it will stop transmiting sound.

The only thing I haven't decided is where it would most commonly be found. Does anybody have an idea?
Back to top Go down
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 am

Well the only problem I have with it is that it's found "in rock-form"...

Nyaha, all rocks are made of mineral crystals.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:59 am

Nyaha wrote:
Radionyte
I'm sure an idea like this has been done before somewhere.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : HERP DE DERP)
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:02 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
Radionyte
I sure an idea like this has been done before somewhere.
Yep.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Anime-Junkie wrote:
Nyaha wrote:
Radionyte
I sure an idea like this has been done before somewhere.
Yep.
Seriously?! Nya, I thought I was going to be helpful! T.T Nya, whatever, I suppose...
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:52 pm

time crystal:

a rare, rainbow colored gem found only in the past of akraptor desert, this highly magical crystal empowers all time based effects near it. a clock with a time crystal set within it will always tell the correct time, a time mage will have massive boosts to their magic. it's rare because WHERE it's found. akraptor desert past, is so hard to get to and come back from. entire teams of miners and mercenaries who have braved and beaten countless perils elsewhere have simply not come back attempting to mine this.
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:35 pm

well. I looked around the crystal cave section, and saw that it was known for it's many valuable crystals with strange properties, but none of them were mentioned in specifics. so I decided to come up with examples of crystals found in the underwater crystal caves.

titan crystal: a clear, flower shaped kind of crystal found in the crystal caves, this magical mineral can be ground to dust and put into a potion to enhance the speed, strength and endurance of the drinker.

size absorber: rare, white crystal, this crystal is used to create potions and amulets of defence against fairy size changing magic. when worn on a necklace or even a small amount is drunk, it becomes next to impossible for size changing effects to work on you. keep in mind, the fairy can just grow and eat you still.
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:28 pm

more minerals and crystals found in the crystal caves:

potency crystal: a common enough gem in the crystal caves, this sapphire colored mineral serves as an augment to anything it is nearby, magical spells are stronger, machines work better, anything near it is more potent then others elsewhere. the more of it around, the more potent it makes things. commonly used by alchemists and others to make stronger, more powerful potions and other magical items.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:44 pm

You know trymelk3 this forum allows you to edit your posts and allows posts larger then 1000 characters, no need to triple post
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I didn't know that. I will make use of that more then.
Back to top Go down
TryMeIke
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
TryMeIke

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm

some crystals and minerals i thought up you may find in felarya.

time crystal: rating; legendary.

a rare, rainbow colored gem found only in the past of akraptor desert, this highly magical crystal empowers all time based effects near it. a clock with a time crystal set within it will always tell the correct time, a time mage will have massive boosts to their magic. it's legendary because WHERE it's found. akraptor desert past, is so hard to get to and come back from. entire teams of miners and mercenaries who have braved and beaten countless perils elsewhere have simply not come back attempting to mine this.

Crystal cave crystals: titan crystal: a clear, flower shaped kind of crystal found in the crystal caves, this magical mineral can be ground to dust and put into a potion to enhance the speed, strength and endurance of the drinker.

size absorber: rare, white crystal, this crystal is used to create potions and amulets of defence against fairy size changing magic. when worn on a necklace or even a small amount is drunk, it becomes next to impossible for size changing effects to work on you. keep in mind, the fairy can just grow and eat you still.

potency crystal: a common enough gem in the crystal caves, this sapphire colored mineral serves as an augment to anything it is nearby, magical spells are stronger, machines work better, anything near it is more potent then others elsewhere. the more of it around, the more potent it makes things. commonly used by alchemists and others to make stronger, more powerful potions and other magical items.

comments please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Mineralogy Thread   Felarya Mineralogy Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Mineralogy Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next