Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread

Go down 
+15
Haar
Daimo
GREGOLE
melancholy-melody13
Googlememan
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Silent_eric
Pendragon
Shady Knight
dlausactor6373
Shadow_RA
gwadahunter2222
Karbo
Cypress
Siafu789
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 10:21 pm

Some time ago, Cypress brought up the fact that some rumors were more like legends and myths, rather than mere tavern rumor.

As my gift for the New Year, I have sought to address this problem-by making a thread specifically for this.

Think carefully, discern between rumor and legend-you aren't in the tavern, but at the steps of a Negav religious temple. You are sharing space with philosophers, theologians, bards, and prophets-very dignified company. This is a place to speak of heroes, villians, gods, demons-the grand and epic.

Perhaps you heard of an event that had shaped Felarya's history-or one that is shaping it now.

So, let us begin!

*Note! I'm very sorry, but no crossovers! All material must be 100% original!*

Last edited by on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:13 am

Oh what a wonderful start, and the setting is Quite appropriate^^ I'll get started on one soon. I had meant to make a whole category so each Fable could get comment and feed back, but this will do =D

oh and before I forget, 'very dignified company' is Probably looking for well thought out tales... no less than a 4 paragraphs say... >.>
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 2:06 am

I'll be getting a very close eye to this thread ! Razz
Just please avoid legends involving cross-universe characters ( from films, video games and so ) ^^;

Also besides the legend of Karana ( thought by Gwadahunter ), and the chained giantesses in the desert ( by GrimmjowJaguarjack ), all others legends are really open to interpretations as well ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:07 am

Cypress wrote:
Oh what a wonderful start, and the setting is Quite appropriate^^ I'll get started on one soon. I had meant to make a whole category so each Fable could get comment and feed back, but this will do =D

oh and before I forget, 'very dignified company' is Probably looking for well thought out tales... no less than a 4 paragraphs say... >.>

No, just a quality story-in other words, something over and beyond a mere tavern rumor. You know, like a legend behind a ruin: Ur-Sargol level stuff.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 5:57 am

For all we want to know, the legend of Karana will begin soon. I'm working on a story as prelude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Cypress
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Cypress

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 am

ph ur-Sagol... I am behind on writing that.... its been a while too >.> heh, i need to get working on that again XD
Back to top Go down
http://wowandwas.deviantart.com
Shadow_RA
Naga food
Shadow_RA

Location : Far end of the galaxy on a dark dead planet where I sleep. Waiting for my awaken!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 10:12 am

I hope you like this legend. I work really hard on it. If you don't like it then it's all right.

Legend of Helursion (Hell~or~zee~on) The Soul Demon

A long time ago there was a human named Daneral, a mass murderer of humans and young creatures like Nagas. He enjoyed torturing them slowly until death and left his marking on their bodies believing that the souls of his victims were now his. Then after three years a village of people finally caught this mad man. His sentence of excursion was to be eaten by a Naga. They took him to one of the Naga lairs where they chained him to a tree and left him there for dead. While he waited for death and hooded man came out of the shadows. He offered him to “steal” more souls and in return he’ll have to give up his soul to him and become his servant. Daneral agreed to his offered and suddenly his chains decayed off of him. The hooded man held out his hand to Daneral, which he gladly shook. Then Daneral’s body began to burn from the inside. The hooded man left him and disappeared back to the shadows laughing. Daneral’s body started to grow and change. The Naga finally reached him only to find a huge dark demon. Its skin was grey, and had spikes coming out from the back and side of its head and shoulders. The demon was a little taller then the Naga. It quickly brought the Naga down to the ground. The demon held its hand toward her and its eyes glowed red. The Naga looked into its eyes and fell into a trance. Her soul slowly was being suck out of her body into the demon’s hand. Once her soul was completely in its hand. It forms into her former self and the demon ate the soul. The skin of the Naga slowly turns into a darker grey color and her eyes became pure red. She rose back as a demon herself. The soul demon then set off to find more souls to devour. Whenever this soul demon now known as Helursion eats a soul from its victims they’ll become mindless demons that are hunger for souls and make Helursion more powerful. The creatures of Felarya begin to fear Helursion. Then the Guardians took action. They fought Helursion and it’s minions. Three Guardians were killed before they managed to defeat Helursion. They couldn’t destroy the body so they sealed Helursion deep inside the Mysterious Temple hoping it’ll never awaken again. Though Helursion might be dead the souls that it took are still trapped inside the demon forever cursed to never find peace. Before all the creature of Felarya forgot this monster that plagued their world. They say that if Helursion gets another soul it will reawaken and bring fourth an apocalypse that might destroy Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-ra.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:24 pm

Hehe nice to see some legends here Razz
I think this one is nice but maybe lacks a bit on mystery and originality.. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Shadow_RA
Naga food
Shadow_RA

Location : Far end of the galaxy on a dark dead planet where I sleep. Waiting for my awaken!

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:13 am

Oh, well I can try to work on it some more if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-ra.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 4:13 pm

The Legend of the Chosen

Many of the greatest scholars and mages in Felarya, including Vivian, have pondered one question for decades; who are the Chosen? The question was first brought up when an ancient ruin was discovered near the Giant Tree. On its walls there were hieroglyphs and drawings depicting a great battle, in which predator and prey would fight together to stop a great evil from shrouding Felarya in darkness for all time. The leaders in this great battle were hailed as "The Chosen, Protectors of Felarya". Ever since the discovery of the ancient ruin, humans and predators alike have tried to unravel the mystery of the Chosen. Some say that the Chosen are beings of pure light that would cut through the darkness. Others speculate that the Chosen are the children of the Guardians, scattered across time and space to protect them from the grasp of evil. Only one thing is certain, though; from the drawings in the ruins, there are seven Chosen and one of them is a Naga. The Naga will meet five of its Chosen siblings on five different occasions and will assist each in putting a stop to a demonic threat to Felarya. Then, in its time of greatest need, it will be reunited with its five siblings and only then will the seventh and final Chosen be revealed.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Huuh, I'm not fond of this good VS evil thing, I prefer Felarya as a place void of good guys VS bad guys plots.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 5:30 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Huuh, I'm not fond of this good VS evil thing, I prefer Felarya as a place void of good guys VS bad guys plots.
Or at the least handled intelligently, with a more complex examination of good and evil.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm

The Legend of the Succubi Slayer

There is a man who, despite appearing mortal, has ascended above other humans in his respect. He is now a powerful warrior, capable of spectacular feats.

He is known as the Succubi Slayer because he was actually able to kill a Succubus using his own hands and one single weapon. She had traveled into a city and eaten innocent people, just for her own enjoyment. He defeated her in a long and intense battle. It did not matter if she was immortal, for she fell anyway.

The man is out to kill everything that attacks souls. Soul stealers, eaters, killers, corruptors, whatever he finds. He cannot be affected by magic, and can only be defeated in physical combat.

And, oddly enough, he has never attacked any other predators. He will befriend the nagas, the dridders, and even the harpies. His only quarrel is with those of a succubi nature.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:24 am

Pendragon wrote:
The Legend of the Succubi Slayer

There is a man who, despite appearing mortal, has ascended above other humans in his respect. He is now a powerful warrior, capable of spectacular feats.

He is known as the Succubi Slayer because he was actually able to kill a Succubus using his own hands and one single weapon. She had traveled into a city and eaten innocent people, just for her own enjoyment. He defeated her in a long and intense battle. It did not matter if she was immortal, for she fell anyway.

The man is out to kill everything that attacks souls. Soul stealers, eaters, killers, corruptors, whatever he finds. He cannot be affected by magic, and can only be defeated in physical combat.

And, oddly enough, he has never attacked any other predators. He will befriend the nagas, the dridders, and even the harpies. His only quarrel is with those of a succubi nature.
Makes me think of Encon Stone in Fear Unlimited.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:08 am

The Legend of John the Fisherman (Yes, I'm ripping off Primus, shut it)

There is a small coastal village on the shore of the Topazial Sea. It is a unremarkable hamlet, save for being one of the few to use motorboats. The villagers are quiet, peaceful folk-each knowing their station in life, the blacksmith's son destined to be a blacksmith. Yet, here is where something truly remarkable happened-something worthy of song.

Long ago, longer now than it seems, there was a shopkeeper's son by the name of John. While tending to the counter, his eyes would drift towards the sparkling sea in front of the shop as he enviously watched the fishermen leave with empty nets, and return with more fish than he could count. His ambitions were not in his father's trade, but at the helm of a ship. Then an angry customer would wake him from his reverie, prompting him to count the change.

When he was but 11 years old, this boy was through with mere daydreams-he stole away on a boat, bound for a months voyage. At night, he would leave his hiding place in the cargo hold to stand on deck, trying knots he watched them do. Eventually, the crew found him, some of them even recognizing him. Having gone too far from shore to return him, the crew was divided between throwing him overboard or putting him to work-the Captain settled the matter, and put him to work as a deck swabbie. Even so, John was thrilled-he was part of the crew!

Well, he was technically part of the crew-his shipmates, even the ones who wanted him to stay, saw him more as a pest than anything. One day, worse came to worse: a mermaid attacked him, attempting to capsize the ship. Panicked men jumped overboard, only to be devoured by the hungry mermaid. The captain, quite fearful himself, looked upon the few that remained on board-to his amazement, John remained on deck. Even as the mermaid made the sea surge and swell, he continued to run up and down the deck, tying loose knots and pumping water out of the hull. His courage inspired the remaining crew, and they joined him in this struggle to stay afloat. With clever steering on the captain's part, they managed to escape their pursuer-their catch still in tow.

They returned to the village, his shocked parents seeing him alive once more. They were furious at his defiance-until the Captain spoke:

"Your son is one of the bravest I've ever known, an example to my crew-and myself. He isn't meant for the counter of your small shop-the sea is his home. I will take him on as an apprentice-you can have my lazy son, who I think is more suited for the job."

After relating the story, his family conceded. Many years would pass, until he became captain of his own ship. His adventures were legendary: his fishing grounds were the dreaded Mermaids Abyss, where the biggest fish could be found. With each return, his crew brought tales of their daring bouts with the locals, winning tugs-of-war for their catch. Moreover, were tales of his daring maneuvers and seamanship-no mermaid could catch John! John wasn't prideful, but neither was he humble-he openly acknowledged what had transpired, even correcting some of the more incredible details.

One day, he left the dock promising to venture deeper into the Mermaid's Abyss than he ever went. As they entered, clouds formed over head and it began to pour-a mermaid revealed herself, a weather mage at that! The ocean swelled and swelled, as John daringly fought the oncoming waves and and torrent. More than once, his eyes met the predator. As the crew tried to swim away, those who succeed looked back at the battle behind them. It went on for hours, their cheers rising as he steered out of her grasp-until a thunderbolt struck the vessel, splitting it in two. Some say they could hear a faint belch echo across the now calm sea.

Some say that mermaids considered him challenging prey, and one rose to the task of catching him. Others say the mage was sent by the Guardians themselves, in order to restore balance to the ocean. However, it is more rational to say his luck merely ran out-even so, the way the two met eyes was like they agreed upon a duel.

The village people tell this story to dissuade young ones from leaving their stations or reaching too far. But, on calm clear nights at sea, you may hear shanties in his honor; hymns of praise to John the Fisherman, the man who ruled the sea. Rumor has it that some humans were spared by some mermaids, but only because "You don't measure up to him." Could it be that John is the standard by which some predators judge their prey? Who can say.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 11:11 am

Siafu789 wrote:
The Legend of John the Fisherman

Best. Homage. Ever. I loved it! I especially liked when you put in direct lyrics in the quote. I've always been able to relate that song to Felarya, but you did an exceptional job at solidifying it. I only wish John could have prevailed. But I'm just sentimental like that.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 6:26 pm

hehe nice story Razz

I am curious as to what was your inspiration for it ? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:07 pm

Karbo wrote:
hehe nice story Razz

I am curious as to what was your inspiration for it ? ^_^

A song called "John the Fisherman" by Primus, an alternative rock band from Canada. The lyrics are as follows:

John the Fisherman-Primus

When he was young you'd not find him doing well in school,
His mind would turn unto the waters.
Always the focus of adolescent ridicule,
he has no time for farmers daughters.

Alienated from the clique society,
A lonely boy finds peace in fishing.
His mother says "John this is not the way life's supposed to be!
Don't you see the life that you are missing?"
And he says...

"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman."

Now years gone by we find man that rules the sea.
He sets out on a dark May morning .
To bring his catch back to this small community.
He doesn't see the danger dawning.

Four hours up, oh the ocean swelled and swelled,
The fog rolled in it started raining.
The starboard bow. oh my God we're going down!
They do not hear his frantic mayday.

And he says

"When I grow up I want to be,
One of the harvesters of the sea.
I think before my days are done,
I want to be a fisherman.
I'll live and die a fisherman."

Calling john the fisherman. *fades out*

This song is in English, but here is a Youtube video: John the Fisherman-Primus
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:40 am

regarding the recent update to the lore section, where it says that Crisis knows how to write; I think the two individuals who were most likely to have taught her how to write would probably be Lea and Anna. after all, they both originate from human societies.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:11 pm

I had Lea in mind, yes ^_^
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:55 pm

legend has it their is a creature more powerfull than the guardins.its said to live underground
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:02 am

Not sure if this goes in lore but just wondering maybe there should be a lore story about how the Dridder Naga war got started and why it's been continuing
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:00 pm

I've been wondering about that myself.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Easy. A dridder had a human it was saving for later, and a naga ate it first. It all went downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:30 pm

Quote :
Easy. A dridder had a human it was saving for later, and a naga ate it first. It all went downhill from there.

I wouldn't doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread   Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Lore/Legend Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next