Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Race Discussion Thread

Go down 
+14
Spykeofkonoha
Davis
gwadahunter2222
observer88
Malahite
Rythmear
lami
nksrocks
Karbo
Zoekin
Pendragon
mangamastermind
The Rev
Siafu789
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:47 pm

This thread is devoted to discussing the various races that make up it's population of intelligent life, in the interest of organizing discussion related to this.

Nagas, fairies, mermaids, harpies-if it can think and reason, it belongs here!
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:54 pm

Doesn't the Felarya flora and fauna discussion thread already serve this purpose?
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 3:56 pm

The Rev wrote:
Doesn't the Felarya flora and fauna discussion thread already serve this purpose?

Well, based on the fact that the wiki makes this kind of distinction, I figured it this was alright.
Back to top Go down
mangamastermind
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
mangamastermind

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:15 pm

i was waiting for someone to make this thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:32 pm

Oh, okay then. Now we have to discuss something about Felaryan races.

But what Question
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:45 pm

I've always wanted to know what the natural friends and enemies of these newer races are. For example, what hunts downa Razia, or who gets killed by a bat harpy?

Is this the right thread for that?
Back to top Go down
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 4:53 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I've always wanted to know what the natural friends and enemies of these newer races are. For example, what hunts downa Razia, or who gets killed by a bat harpy?

That's more applicable to the anthropology/sociology/psychology thread.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 7:15 pm

scratch

Well, I'll be brave and throw my hat into the ring then.

Which of the intelligent races of Felarya are your personal favourites? (I expect most people will say Naga.)

Mine are

Nagas (See?!)
Chilotaurs (Of couse Wink )
River Mermaids
Dridders
Harpies (Put down that gun Moonlight-pendent!)

Last edited by on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 8:18 pm

Zoekin wrote:
scratch

Well, I'll be brave and throw my hat into the ring then.

Which of the intelligent races of Felarya areyour personal favourites? (I expect most people will say Naga.)

Mine are

Nagas (See?!)
Chilotaurs (Of couse Wink )
River Mermaids
Dridders
Harpies (Put down that gun Moonlight-pendent!)

Oh. Favorite races?

Well, in that case, I'd have to say the following:

1. neko
2. simian anthros (new)
3. nagas (wow. you're right, Zoekin)
4. harpies
5. dryads
6. mermaids

Of course, the nekos are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 4:37 am

Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 5:57 am

Pendragon wrote:

I'll post an answer into the Razia topic Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:21 am

for the most part I imagine the intelligent races of felorya to be more like dolphins/humans IRL relationship

Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because they have created technology and mathematics and great archetecture, and all dolphins do is play and have fun in the ocean, Dolphins think they are smarter than humans for the exact same reason, reversed.
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:41 am

lami wrote:
for the most part I imagine the intelligent races of felorya to be more like dolphins/humans IRL relationship

Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because they have created technology and mathematics and great archetecture, and all dolphins do is play and have fun in the ocean, Dolphins think they are smarter than humans for the exact same reason, reversed.

I like that! That's great reasoning!
I imagine that some of the races of Felarya would consider themselves to be superior to humans in quite a few ways. The Dridders for example have a rich culture of art, science and magic.

Now I have a question.

Which of the races of Felarya would be able to survive here on Earth and where?

I think the Chilotaurs could survive in the rainforests of South America, Asia and Africa.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:32 am

Zoekin wrote:
lami wrote:

I imagine that some of the races of Felarya would consider themselves to be superior to humans in quite a few ways. The Dridders for example have a rich culture of art, science and magic.

Now I have a question.

I think the Chilotaurs could survive in the rainforests of South America, Asia and Africa.

I would see well Razias into the savana, like, the serengeti national park, running free into the vast plains.
Somehow their characteristics recall to cheetas, I think.

For Succubi, into the caves of Postumia, in Slovenia Smile
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:45 am

Maybe a variety of Razia could even live here in New Zealand like the Moa did. That would be cool.
We have legends of "Taniwha" (river monsters that eat people) so maybe River Mermaids could survive here too!
Dryads would have a great time in the forest here as well!
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 12:13 pm

Zoekin wrote:
lami wrote:

Now I have a question.

survive on earth? most likely fairies, they are the only race i can think of that isnt giant.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 4:06 am

Naga's would be captured and experimented on.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 am

Rythmear wrote:

I doubt it.

Remember when thy tried catching Anna? Yeah, their tranquilizer bullets barely broke her skin. Real bullets wouldn't really do much either.

Then Crisis pigged out on some army men ( I think.)

Unless they used heavy weaponry, humans would be so dead.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Zoekin wrote:

Any of the real undersea (Not Freshwater ones, the saltwater ones) Felaryan could, provided they don't draw too much attention.

Similarly, Naga's could potentially live in Rainforests in small amounts.

Anything else, and we'd eventually kill it off (Intentionally or not).

Most of the races could be spammed in radiation of some sort (If humanity feels them a great threat) to knock them sterile. A good deal of heavy weapons (Anti-Tank, for example. And the types of heavy weapons keep on improving) could damage most of the predators quite well.

The main things surviving would be low-numbers of Naga's in isolated areas, Faeries (Provided they stay hidden, or at least don't go someplace stupid. Playing tricks in an area barely above spears? Okay. Playing tricks in an area where everyone and their dog walks around with AK-47's? Bad.), Sea-Dwellers, and a good bit of the smaller Fresh-water species.

Humanity by its very nature is almost every type of -cidal there is. Homocidal, Xenocidal, Genocidal, etc. If we find something that scares us, seems threatening, doesn't have public support, etc, odds are it's going to die. A sad truth, but a real one.

** Note: Neko's and Elves may be able to survive, Elves more likely to survive outside lab's. Both can pass decently as a human, and odds are that the later could pass themselves off as humans until medical exams while the later would likely not have a genocidal campaign against them unless a really poor start is had (Like, say, a bunch of the more Zealous Neko's attacking a human town).
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:35 am

Clearly that was just prose. If the government can capture Megatron, they can capture Crisis. No offense to the lady, but when our thick headed military gets an idea in their head, they blow every piece of shit up till they complete it.
Back to top Go down
observer88
observer88

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 5:11 am

lami wrote:
Zoekin wrote:
lami wrote:

Now I have a question.

survive on earth? most likely fairies, they are the only race i can think of that isnt giant.
According to the wiki, fairies
Quote :
can only live on worlds filled with magic, like Felarya.
And I don't think Earth has too much magic, does it?
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 8:25 am

Rythmear wrote:
Clearly that was just prose. If the government can capture Megatron, they can capture Crisis. No offense to the lady, but when our thick headed military gets an idea in their head, they blow every piece of shit up till they complete it.

They caught Megatron??????

Whoa. I guess Crisis would be in trouble, unless she took someone hostage or hid somewhere.

You never know, though. Anna might be with her, and she might be able to help. Does she have knowledge of Earth?

That would be a bit of irony right there. Now Anna would call the shots, being on her own turf and all.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 9:23 am

Rythmear wrote:

Depends if you're talking about a giant, full grown naga, or a young one.

Siva has been captured by Almeshians, bringed to their world and used for the Theos project experiments, after all. (yeah, I know that it's not officially a felaryan story but that's a good example)
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 pm

nksrocks wrote:

Depends if you're talking about a giant, full grown naga, or a young one.
I could see giant ones being captured, it'd just require a good deal of work.

Large amounts of Chloroform solve everything when it comes to capturing critters.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Rythmear wrote:

They caught Megatron??????

Whoa. I guess Crisis would be in trouble, unless she took someone hostage or hid somewhere.

You never know, though. Anna might be with her, and she might be able to help. Does she have knowledge of Earth?

That would be a bit of irony right there. Now Anna would call the shots, being on her own turf and all.

Nah, I reckon if Anna arrived on Earth she'd join forces with Earth because of their technology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Race Discussion Thread   Felaryan Race Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Race Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next