Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED) Empty
PostSubject: My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)   My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Not sure how well this will go, but I'll try. Feel free to give suggestions.

Character: Syll Erins
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 68 kilos
Race: Human
Hair: Dark brown and tied back in a short queue.
Eyes: One is normal hazel, the other has a white cataract
Skin: Tan
Disposition: Calculating
Special abilities: Predator Magnetism

Bio: Syll Erins is considered dangerous to be around. This is because of a passive ability he has: he's a magnet for the large, sentient predators. Put him in any wild part of Felarya and you'll be neck-deep in preds in short order.

If you start to feel sorry for him: DONT! He is very much an opportunist and uses this talent to his advantage. He will casually show up at a campsite, sit down with the adventurous souls willing to brave the wilderness of Felarya (no doubt they will be happy to see another human being), and wait. After a few hours, a pred will show up, and eat the inhabitants of the camp, of course. Once the pred is done eating, he will simply take whatever items are left behind and go on his way.

He is very good at hiding himself from predators because of years spent having to constantly avoid them. He doesn't usually leave the city (except on "business"), but if he goes outside Negav he always makes sure to wear camouflage and scent-nullifying perfume. His ability will pull a predator into his general area, but it won't lead them right to him. His ability only works on sentient preds.

He's very cunning and quite ruthless when it comes to anything he wants. He trades various goods in the underground market of Negav, where he has a bad reputation as a cutthroat businessman and a highly unlucky person to deal with. If you have something he wants and you don't feel like parting with it, you're in trouble. If he can, he'll lead you out of the city (or follow you if you happen to go on your own), making sure you get eaten as quickly as possible. Then he'll take what he wanted and go, with you tallied up by everyone else as another luckless meal for a predator.

Because of his time with the succubi in his own world (see History section below), he is well versed in the ways of scheming and subterfuge. Dealing with the huge, man-eating demons, along with his own overconfidence, has made him utterly unafraid of large predators such as nagas, harpies, and the like, and if he believes he can get away with it without angering them, and has some reason to do so, he will speak to them quite casually.

History: Originally Syll lived in a world where succubi are the dominant species. In this world (called Alverina), humans are used as slaves, "pets", and food. The succubi there live in huge, elaborate homes built and maitenanced by human slaves, eating humans that try to escape, defy them, or that they simply desire to feed on. The humans live in large, celled brick buildings and spend almost all their time doing the bidding of their demonic masters.

Syll started his life as a slave worker, but his intelligence and calculating demeanor caught the attention of Drys, a member of the succubus royal house ( sort of an equivalent to a duchess). At the age of 16, he was taken in by Drys as her servant and confidant. His job was to do whatever she needed done, be it the extermination of underground rebels against the succubi or delivering important letters to others of her kind. His cataracted right eye is a result of said extermination, when the leader of the rebels nearly cut out his eye.

During his years with Drys, his main task was to be her "feeder". He would go out with a list of traits that she desired in a meal, found the suitable person, and abducted them from their building. Then he would take them back to Drys to eat. This position as a "feeder", however, made him overconfident of his worth to Drys, and at one point he crossed a line and gave his mistress a comment she disliked. Infuriated, she initially was going to swallow him, but then decided on a far crueler punishment.

She cursed him, and cursed him hard, with the Predator Magnetism he still carries today. Thus, he is shunned by most prey races because he attract preds, and always running from predator races because of his ability. Drys hoped that sending him to Felarya, where predators are a constant hazard, would magnify this misery. Despite her hopes, though, he found a way to use this to his advantage,and he could care less about being shunned, as long as he gets what he's after.

Well, that's it for my first character. Comment as you like. Revised him. No repulsion for you, humph.

Last edited by MrNobody13 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)   My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Should prolly point out that no matter what, I expect that quite a few people will view not getting eaten as OP. Apart from that, not really sure what to say. He sounds.... scary.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)   My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 6:42 pm

yes, he is scary. Doesn't hold a candle to most Felaryan predators, but still dangerous for a human.

Last edited by MrNobody13 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)   My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 1:31 am

OP means "OverPowered."

And this character isn't so much OP as unbalanced. This ability/curse just seems like a way of making sure this character is immune to being eaten while at the same time giving him lots of interactions with predators. It seems a bit boring if one of the major dangers of Felarya is null and void for this guy.

Also, I'm assuming you cover non-sentient predators with this curse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)   My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first try at a character: Syll Erins (REVISED)
Page 1 of 1