Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

General Q and A - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:34 am

Feadraug wrote:
Well, scorpisaïs and dridders don't need to be related, even if in real life scorpions and spiders are both arachnids. It's like saying that all tauric species should be related with humans in anyway, since they're half-human in appearance.

Unless, of course, someone says they share a common ascendancy. Razz

Actruy i always asumed that most tauric races sheared a anseterl link with human thats why thy can mate with them in fact if one looked hard anuff they could find blood relations betwin humans and say a naga or centaur for exsample. So i think ther is sheared anceter to them and human maybe even with faeries and elves too some where in felaryas past.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 am

Humans can have intercourse with human sized taurs and hybrids, but I'm pretty sure the union will not produce anything.
(harpies, possibly fairies and elves are an exception)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:49 am

Truthfully I'm surprised tauren human relations haven't been explored more and in Greek history centaurs often had children with human lovers with rule that race fallowed the parents gender. example if a human male and a female naga have a kid fallowing that rule if its a girl it be a naga like her mother but a boy would be human.

Also if a human and giant can have a kid witch has happened i think then there is no reason why giant tauren or others couldn't have a kid with "Normal" sized mates or humans.

(lol) I think with me here felarya genetics and zoology will be investigated far closer......
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:55 am

dragonjaj wrote:
Truthfully I'm surprised tauren human relations haven't been explored more and in Greek history centaurs often had children with human lovers with rule that race fallowed the parents gender. example if a human male and a female naga have a kid fallowing that rule if its a girl it be a naga like her mother but a boy would be human.

Also if a human and giant can have a kid witch has happened i think then there is no reason why giant tauren or others couldn't have a kid with "Normal" sized mates or humans.

(lol) I think with me here felarya genetics and zoology will be investigated far closer......

First of all, giants and human-sized creatures cannot have kids. Their size difference makes their genetic material incompatile, not to mention the species difference. It just doesn't work. Can there be love between a giant and a human? Sure. Could they find ways to express this? Yep. Express it physically? Yep. But no children would come out of it.

Second of all, a copy of what I said about this subject in another thread...

"For the most part, no. Humans and non-humans cannot crossbreed.

Harpies are one of the exceptions because they are all female. Its just how their race has always reproduced. They mate with a male of similar size and compatible genitals, and if they get pregnant, something in their genetics overrides the male's genes and makes the child a female Harpy.

As for other species crossbreeding, no, most cannot. These are different species, and like in nature, different species cannot crossbreed except for the occaisional exception. They can still mate for recreation or love, but they aren't going to get a kid out of it.

The only real exceptions may be a human/elf or human/fairy combination. Honestly, I think fairies, given their innate wierdness, wouldn't be able to crossbreed with humans, but they are probably the closest to humans after Elves. I also think that Neko and Inu would be too different for it to be possible, but that's just personal opinion.

The other "exception", and I use this term loosely considering that no actual sex is involved, is how fairies can crossbreed with Elementals to produce various fairy/elemental hybrid species (Storm Sprites, Dusk Nymphs, Frost Sprites, etc). Since no one is going to have sex with an electric/darkness/ice monster (and given the extremely magical nature of fairies), it is likely that these matings are of a purely magical nature, instead of being physical like it is with most other species.

Also, given how rare elementals actually are, I imagine that fairy/elemental matings are not that common, and that nearly all new hybrid fairies are born from the mating of two other hybrids (two Storm Sprites having a kid, for example)." - rcs619
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 6:04 am

Ok i understand you did leaft out dragons some thing in ther blood lets them mate with any thing that has a pluse and git kids but ther uber magic. (i think more so then faeries in some ways)

Also deamon and devil can bread with anything that has free will. So there in there too.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:34 am

dragonjaj wrote:
Ok i understand you did leaft out dragons some thing in ther blood lets them mate with any thing that has a pluse and git kids but ther uber magic. (i think more so then faeries in some ways).
In some fantasy worlds that might be so, but it doesn't mean it's true in Felarya.

dragonjaj wrote:
Also deamon and devil can bread with anything that has free will. So there in there too.
The wiki says nothing about this. I'd imagine it's possible for incubi and succubi, since that's their thing, but for other demons? No.

Also, everyone please try to keep to the 'one question at a time' rule.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Rephrasing.)
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:40 am

LOL i missed that rule. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:50 am

Speaking of Succubi, something has been bothering me with their name. If males are Incubi and females are Succubi, shouldn't they have a race name? It just didn't make sense that the race is named solely after the female, unless of coarse the Incubi and Succubi are two separate one gendered races.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:06 am

Cubi is the race name
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:59 am

Im working a story that starts in Lamina but whats weast of there?
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Apparently, angels and demons take souls to an afterlife that's based off of that whatever religion that particular soul practiced in life. So what happens if you believe in reincarnation?
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 am

I don't like the idea of seperate afterlives for each religion. I'd rather have every good person go to the same generic paradise and be glad they're not being tormented in Hell. I'm a not so devout christian while my wife is a very strict budhist. It would suck if we went to seperate after lives. That idea needs some work.

As for believers in reincarnation, that's another belief that runs into problems. I suppose they could always be reincarnated in Felarya, maybe even come back as a predator. o.O
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:48 pm

dragonjaj wrote:
Cubi is the race name

They're a race of stainless steel sculptures made up of cubes, rectangles, and cylinders?
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Jasconius wrote:
dragonjaj wrote:
Cubi is the race name

They're a race of stainless steel sculptures made up of cubes, rectangles, and cylinders?

No Cubi is the race name for sccubis and inccubis at least the name i heard use to refer to both.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:43 pm

gt500x wrote:
I don't like the idea of seperate afterlives for each religion. I'd rather have every good person go to the same generic paradise and be glad they're not being tormented in Hell. I'm a not so devout christian while my wife is a very strict budhist. It would suck if we went to seperate after lives. That idea needs some work.

As for believers in reincarnation, that's another belief that runs into problems. I suppose they could always be reincarnated in Felarya, maybe even come back as a predator. o.O

Not liking an idea isn't grounds for changing it. Offering multiple endings allows for variety and compromise - if you both want to go to the same one, then choose to worship the same. If not, visitation rights are allowed between certain dimensia.... and barring that, well, out of luck. Something else that plagues most Felaryan visitors.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm

aethernavale wrote:
Not liking an idea isn't grounds for changing it.
Yes, but it is motive to begin discussion on what may be wrong with it, and what can be done, if anything needs to be.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I agree with that Ziona and Athernavale said there. Personally I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. Felarya isn't fair, or everyone would be the same size.

Anyway, that's a discussion that requires it's own thread.
Next question please. Arrow
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Are giant predators even aware of the existence of tinies? Considering the size differential it seems entirely likely a giant naga could run right over a whole neera village and not even know about it.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm

Grave wrote:
Are giant predators even aware of the existence of tinies? Considering the size differential it seems entirely likely a giant naga could run right over a whole neera village and not even know about it.

I imagine they know they exist...since they would have hunted then when they were little, but I doubt they can actually see them very well. They probably aren't microscopic, but they're pretty close.

Nerra and Tomthumb villages are likely well-hidden and tucked away in cracks and brambles that are nearly unreachable to anything much bigger than them. They aren't about to build anything in a region where giants pass through often. They are a crafty bunch, they have to be.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:09 am

Grave wrote:
It's funny you should mention that. In one of the stories I wrote, Isham and the Golden Watch, the tomthumb tribe Isham meets tells him a story about a giantess who walked right over another tribe, utterly flattening them without even realizing it. When Isham asked, none of the tomthumbs would admit to actually seeing the event happen, but they insisted it could have happened. From the tiny perspective, it might appear the truly giant predators have no inkling of their existence. And the tomthumbs probably want to keep it that way.

As for your question - I would say most giant predators would not care one way or another about tinies. At a younger age (and smaller size), the predator may have hunted them, but at some point in the predator's growth cycle, tinies are just not going to be worth the effort to go after. So giant predators are probably aware they exist. They may also be reminded of their existence because they occasionally see signs of them in passing. This would be a rare thing, but it could happen. Tinies survive by going unnoticed - hiding away both themselves and their homes. They have to, being at the bottom of the food chain. The ones that are caught out in the open aren't going to live very long. If a giant predator comes tromping through the area, they're going to try to take cover long before the predator has a chance to notice them.

Of course, there are always going to be exceptions. Milly, for example, a giantess and one of French Snack's characters, has a tomthumb tribe named the Alsumi that live under her home. She's quite aware of them. In fact, some of the tomthumbs are her best friends.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:06 am

What does the Isolon Eye in Negav distinguish as a predator? For instance, could a human sized naga pass through? Neeras and other tinies could probably argue that nekos are predators too... so is there a size cutoff where the Isolon eye flat out does not work, species related, or something else?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:02 am

Yes, a human sized naga could.
The wiki says that The eye uses two factors to determine the strength of the warding effect. Size and voraciousness.
So I imagine something about human sized that ate heaps of sentient being could enter negav, but they might feel a bit uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 am

I'm pretty sure it's size only. Otherwise big eaters wouldn't be able to enter. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
timing2
timing2

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:10 am

Grave wrote:
What does the Isolon Eye in Negav distinguish as a predator? For instance, could a human sized naga pass through? Neeras and other tinies could probably argue that nekos are predators too... so is there a size cutoff where the Isolon eye flat out does not work, species related, or something else?
Take this all with a grain of sault.

The Isolon Eye is mysterious and powerful, but it is not a perfect shield. There are exceptions to its protection. Dusk Nymphs, for example, are completely immune to it despite being fairies and preying on humanoids. Size and voraciousness (when it comes to preying on humanoids) are two factors controlling whether or not the Eye repulses a given predator. But they are not the only factors.

Regarding the tinies: my guess is that the magic of the Eye is based on protecting "humanoids" (of average human/neko size). Tinies probably don't count because the magiocrats don't care about them or simply did not consider them when creating it. So humans/nekos who consume tinies, while considered predators of a sort, do not trigger the Isolon Eye's effects.

I don't see why a small naga, dridder, slug girl, etc., would have an issue in Negav with the Isolon Eye. There have been several stories written where this happens and they've not raised any eyebrows. Such predators might feel a twinge of its effects if they are capable of growing to giant size with time; a small predator might have some difficulties if he or she had the mindset to do so and was capable of preying upon on humanoids (a la same-size vore). I don't think that would prevent them from entering/leaving the city. So, what is the size "cutoff" point? I don't know. It would vary from predator to predator. Some might be able to live in Negav for an extended period of time before their growth made living there unbearable. Others might be sent fleeing at a much earlier point in time if they allow their instincts to take over. But if their species is inherently small (say a human-sized slug girl), to the point that they would never be able to prey on humanoids, I don't think they'd be bothered at all.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 am

I can't find much in the wiki about Negav law and law enforcement....just the note that crime rate is high and the "Blinded" mark for criminals.

Is there any scale of punishment to be found anywhere? Who actually enforces the law in Negav? The magiocrats? Are there guards posted around the city? I assume the upper city is much more protected from criminals than the lower. Also are there trials? Who decides the guilt of an individual?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next