Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

General Q and A - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Hard to say.
The actual mechanism for the spell isn't confirmed, although people have come up their own ideas (Myself included).
In any case, it doesn't matter so much how they speak it as what their written language is, because that doesn't get translated.

Well, I don't think there has to be a written language to go with every spoken one....

Still, it would be interesting to know what languages are out there getting used, and what each sounds like without the magic. For instance, what are the "romance languages" in Felarya?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Hehe. I think that every race would figure theirs is the language of love.

I'm sure there are some lovely courtly romance poems written in dridderish.

Okay, now, I think I recall this being answered somewhere but I can't find it.

The major continual habituated places in Felarya.

Negav (including Motamo Docks, Underground area, people in the Commons, etc.):

Nekomura:

Chioita City:

Izatem City:

Miratan Military Base:

Kelerm:

Jungle Bowl:

What are the estimated populations for these places? Especially relative to each other.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:59 pm

I believe Negav's populatiopn has been estimated to be somewhere between 700,000 and 900,000 people. I think I remember Chiotia being between 10,000 and 12,000. Not sure about the others though.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:31 pm

rcs619 wrote:
I believe Negav's populatiopn has been estimated to be somewhere between 700,000 and 900,000 people. I think I remember Chiotia being between 10,000 and 12,000. Not sure about the others though.

Yeah, I remember hearing somewhere that it was about 750,000, with maybe nudging up near 1 million counting everyone in the Commons, Docks and Nekomura.

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 am

About Mantoids, are they going to be scaled up like a lot of other predators?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 am

I would assume so.

While I know they're rare, what are male Crimson Maidens referred to as?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:19 pm

The wiki states that Dryads can swallow absolutely anything that's the right side. Does that mean that as long as it fit in her mouth, she can swallow it?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Jasconius wrote:
I would assume so.

I have no idea.

Crimson Lads?
The Red Dudes?
The Scarlet Warriors?
"Hey you!"?

Sean Okotami wrote:
The wiki states that Dryads can swallow absolutely anything that's the right side. Does that mean that as long as it fit in her mouth, she can swallow it?
I would presume so, given that just preceding that is "...dryads are known for their irresistible throats...". So I think that does mean that if it fits, it can be swallowed.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:08 pm

Jasconius wrote:
I would assume so.

Oldman40k2003 wrote:

I have no idea.

Crimson Lads?
The Red Dudes?
The Scarlet Warriors?
"Hey you!"?

Surely you jest. They already have the perfect names carved into history for all of time to know.

They are the Scarlet Pimpernels ! And never was a better name had.

As for dryads, I always assumed that the reason they can't vomit is because of the special natures of their throats that allow them to swallow objects that would normally make people choke.
Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Felarya's age   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Just how old is Felarya? is it 20,000 years old, 100,000?,a 1,000,000 years old? More? Its been in my head for a long time now so i decided to ask the question.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 am

I am not certain that it is actually known how old it is.
The oldest place on Felarya that I can recall off of the top of my head is the land that you can get to though the Mirages of the past in the Akaptor Desert. Those lands are actually the lands of Felarya, "millennia ago".

I also think I recall seeing a timeline made here on the forum, which had the current date as 2068 "AD", and the earliest date at 12,000 "BC", for a span of 14,000+ years... and this timeline dealt only with recorded history, so it seems safe to say that Felarya is very very old (millions or billions of years old... but it could be even older.)
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:24 am

OK, I've got a question. Assume forces (field or otherwise) can be transfered through a portal (since those two points are treated as right next to each other). If you opened a portal in Negav, could the Isolon Eye's effect be transfered through it?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:19 pm

sparkythechu wrote:
OK, I've got a question. Assume forces (field or otherwise) can be transfered through a portal (since those two points are treated as right next to each other). If you opened a portal in Negav, could the Isolon Eye's effect be transfered through it?

I don't know.

It seems rather... exploitable though, so I would guess no.
Back to top Go down
sparkythechu
Survivor
Survivor
sparkythechu

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Well, even if it was nowhere near full range or power, would it do anything to protect you or spread it's influence? I doubt many people could use it anyway. After all, how many people have half a portal system laying around next to a highly protected mystical artifact?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BoltAscendent
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:00 am

On the subject of portals would it be possible to recreate Felarya's ability to connect and disconnect to other dimensions by technological or magical means?

Like if a super powerful mage under the employment of (insert faction here) wanted to connect a world rich in resources (take your pick at what) to Felarya for the purpose of collecting/ harvesting said resources or any other number of reasons to connect another realm.

Same with a super tech nerd with a lot of technological know how in the area of portal technology being again employed by whatever faction or simply to prove that they can hold up to their boasts?
Back to top Go down
http://walkingbyself.deviantart.com/
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 am

ever seen stargate? lol i wouldn't imagine so to the extent that felarya can, but i can imagine you can make it precision like to where you'd want to go and if the so said gate and portal holds on in with/In that, other dimension.

the easiest way to probably do it would be to grab one that had just open, giving your and/or others with u to stabilize it long enough to put a buffer around to to make it stay there. which could be dangerous as you don't know if the that 'thing' on the other side can go through the same way. So put control over that too.
Back to top Go down
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 am

Question on races and species...

Looking threw the wiki and here on the forum there seems to be only the one mention of Leviathan Mermaids... Maybe I'm just being lazy and not looking hard enough but I've already opened the wiki and saw their mention and brief description and then jumped over to the forum for more information only to find nothing under the Idea's discussion / Nagas and Mermaids to find more about them.

So does anyone have any more information on them or are Leviathan mermaids simply to be left as the stuff of legends? If they aren't to be left to be left to the stuff of legends would it be possible to make a short story or possibly a not sure of the exact term here but a longer story going over the life of one of these creatures?

Wait a minute I think I just put several questions within this post crap sorry about that guys (and girls!). So please any amplifying information would be great to read or know. And I'll apologize before hand if I am possibly annoying anyone I know I should have gotten onto some body's nerves by now if my normal interactions with people in RL are anything to judge by by...

Reason for edit: Looked a little deeper into forum
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Well the most information that I can think of involving them would be under the Mermaids page on the wiki, though my guess is that you've already seen that. I also see no problem in you writing a story involving one.

Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:02 pm

how old is the Giant Tree? scratch
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 am

ahahaha what a so random question! XD

but yeah, youre right, how old is the goddam giant tree o.o
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 am

Already checked into that. The age of it is never directly stated by any source I was able to find.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

I do believe the Giant Tree is supposed to be older than anyone could properly measure. As such, I doubt it has a set age.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
walkingbyself
Great warrior
Great warrior
walkingbyself

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 am

There is one way to find out but to do so would constitute you getting yourself eaten as well the deforesting crew you bring with you. As you will be angering Crisis, Anna and just about every predator in and around the tree. Might even be something a Guardian might actually get involved in if some one were to attempt it freak out
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:43 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
I do believe the Giant Tree is supposed to be older than anyone could properly measure. As such, I doubt it has a set age.

This seems likely to me. Additionally, I don't think anyone would have enough interest or the manpower necessary to properly gauge the age of the tree by conventional means. Unless of course all this speculation isn't even correct and the subject has been discussed before without my being aware.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 pm

luke112 wrote:
how old is the Giant Tree? scratch

There is no way to tell ^^ it's probably one of the oldest landmark on all Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next