Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas

Go down 
+10
dragonjaj
Archmage_Bael
Karbo
ravaging vixen
TheLightLost
Slimetoad
EdgedWeapon
MrNobody13
asaenvolk
Anime-Junkie
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 6:18 pm

I've got some ideas that I've been working on for a while and I want to submit to the community. However they're not quite finished. This thread is for those ideas which I have laid out the groundwork for and want to get people's opinions on.

Note: I've started using google docs since they're so very useful for writing up and sharing ideas. Instead of posting the text here, I'll be posting a link to the google doc.

And now for the ideas:

Jetbikes were an idea I had to solve the problem of getting messages, small valuable cargo and valuable people around Felarya in relative safety. (The Jetbikes themselves look like a cross between a drag motorcycle and a fighter jet.) They can also make for some amazing chase scenes with harpies and other flying predators.

I'm still working on the particularities of their design and armaments. These things are not offensive, they can't launch an assault a harpy nest or anything.
Jetbikes (Click to View):

This idea is inspired by a character in a science fiction short story I read a long time ago.
I'm still working on their hunting methods and rewording some other sections.
Sangelu (Click to View):

I've called the subject of this idea artefacts because I can't think of anything else to call these. Naming things isn't my strong point.
Anyway, I believe that this can resolve something that would have eventually come up. Plus it's cool. Added around November 2010
artefacts (Click to View):

This is an idea I had, damn, must have been about two and a half to 3 years ago now. This is an region idea, but I dunno exactly where it would be on the map.
Of all my ideas, The stone sea is the most undeveloped. I decided to just post it rather than just sit on it, making minor changes for a month.
Stone Sea posted on: 20th January 2011

'The Stone Sea' (Click to View):

This idea had to be done.
Archmage Café and Archmage Bagels added 8th February 2011
The Archmage Café (Click to View):

Finally, after over a year of procrastination, here is the draft of Magical and Useful Survival Tools Incorporated!
Now they can actually have an entry in the wiki rather than listing some products.
Their products aren't being neglected though. I've got a separate google doc for new MUST product ideas.

MUST link added 25/4/2011

An additional two things added.
The first is the Zahn Nomaden, an arcanepunk/magitek civilisation living in the Great Rocky Fields.

The second thing is a document for "support ideas." These are ideas that are required for my other ideas to work. At the time of posting this, it only contains the Zaunbernoll, a plant that the Zahn Nomaden depend on. Click here

Zahn Nomaden and support ideas links 27th May 2011

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 pm

man Jets make so much noise, anti gravity would be far more quite but would it be nearly as fast. Already sound negation technology is growing by leaps and bounds many people would be surprised at how effective sound wave negation technology has improved. To be honest I have used something simlar in RPS, Tuc_135 has his own high tech hidden city in Felarya and we have used something similar, but they were kind of like near mock drop ships.

the Sangelu reminds me of an unintelligent illithid in a weird sort of way, very lovecraftian, almost like I should loose sanity just looking at them. These are the things of nightmares, size does not mater as long as they can stay hidden and close you could be a victim!
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm

Made of win. The jetbike idea is dangerous enough to have a place in Felarya (Because Felarya is the land of UNsafety, though that's not a word) but viable enough to be a (relatively) safe means of transport for those who can afford them.

The psionic feeding is a pretty good idea, as well.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm

(Just to clarify, the "hair" tendrils do need to be touching the victim for the sangelu to feed.)

Quote :
the Sangelu reminds me of an unintelligent illithid in a weird sort of way, very lovecraftian, almost like I should loose sanity just looking at them. These are the things of nightmares, size does not mater as long as they can stay hidden and close you could be a victim!
Excellent. Evil laugh
This was my general intent.
I've never read any of lovecraft's work though.

Last edited by Anime-Junkie on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 11:51 pm

I'm guessing a lot of jetbike pilots would be elves or nekos - like podracers, few humans would have the reflexes to pilot them through the thick jungle of Felraya.

Just had idea - Felarya Jetbike Championship, were jetnike racers do four circuits - 1, icy terrain, 2. plains terrain, 3. desert terrain and 4. Jungle terrain (junglle terrain involves a circle of the Great tree.)
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
asaenvolk

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 am

I can't think of a reward big enough to enter that race.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 am

Oooh, about time you posted these!

I didn't know about the jetbikes, tho. Sounds perfectly good and practical to me, but i'd agree that they need to be silent,lest you summon every predator in the area Razz
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 am

I heard Gunther was selling a few noiseless jetbikes for the low low. He even guarantees satisfaction or we get our money back!

Maybe you should try jetpacks since jetbikes are similar to the Star Wars movies.

Last edited by gt500x on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 am

They are silent, if you read the description it states they've got sound dampers.
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:25 am

ha ha. it'd be fun to use these. Fun to even salvage from other peoples scraps heaps. i would probably hear a few explosions a day near Negav.

To Edge: you can do anything as long as you take your time with it. But that point is valid for what the most susceptible pilots would be.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Those are great ideas Razz

I especially like the Jet bike one. The idea itself is not revolutionnary( after all, everybody have seen the flying bikes at Endor in Star wars XD ), but you are explaining it really well, with some great additions to how they work. Maning those in the jungle must require one hell of a skill though !

Great job ! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Thanks everyone. These ideas have gotten a far better reception that I would have ever imagined.
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 11:35 pm

No prob AJ. Happy to help.

Just had a thought - what if there was a whole culture built around the jetbikes, sort of like a "speed freak" thing?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:32 am

Karbo wrote:
( after all, everybody have seen the flying bikes at Endor in Star wars XD ),
Yes, we have. Funnily enough, the swoop bikes of star wars didn't have an influence on my Jetbike idea, though there would be some similarities.

EdgedWeapon wrote:
No prob AJ. Happy to help.

Just had a thought - what if there was a whole culture built around the jetbikes, sort of like a "speed freak" thing?
Yes, that's what the pilot guild is to an extent. Guild pilots and their families have their own culture.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm

I like the swoop bikes, but you know the kind of technology I like in a world with both magic and technology is Magitech stuff. Since using technology to construct a speeder/hover bike would take advanced tech, granted the vishmitals probably could do it, but we cant rely on them for everything xD
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:14 pm

In a rp i use hexengins that use a magic jems (no shortage in Felarya) so you can use the use a magiengin hexengin or other magic / teach engins can be powered this way. And there is sevral ways to do the bike locmtion and looks I personly prefer the more airplane looking ones but there is a charm to having a harly looking cruser.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm

dragonjaj wrote:
but there is a charm to having a harly looking cruser.

or a crotch-rocket Razz
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Or bikes shaped like the one Kaneda rode in Akira! Who remembers that bad boy?
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

I saw a realife one like that once i wish i had that monster.

I can draw grav bikes for you all if you want?
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Can we not get off topic here?
I will draw some designs of jetbikes... Eventually.

Anyway, does anything need more development?
What do you all think of the Sangelu? I haven't got as much feedback on them.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 3:28 pm

I find the hunting method you gave them very creepy and effective, but then you think people would start suspecting of lone girls in the wilderness after a while
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Then they just move on. The jungle is huge, there are always people who haven't heard of the sangelu.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:28 am

Mhh I think I should probably create a whole new weapon and vehicles page ^^
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:46 am

Karbo wrote:
Mhh I think I should probably create a whole new weapon and vehicles page ^^
Indeed, I have always thought that the weapons were a bit out of place in the Treasures and artefacts page.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 am

Quote :
The basic design consists of anything from 2 to 4 individual jet engines, arranged in a variety of ways. Most jetbikes are VTOL and thrust vectoring capable, as the extra manoeuvrability often means life or death in Felarya. The few remaining non-VTOL/thrust vectoring jetbikes are built solely for speed, designed to be able to outrun a harpy, they can be even more expensive than a VTOL jetbike due to the high wear on the components.

What does VTOL means ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas   Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime-Junke's Work In Progress Ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next